• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you looked at some sample teams for Valkyrie - Legendary?

http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/The_Goddess_Descended!

I'm going to use Blue Noel/Hera-Is/Siren/Siegfried/Abyss Neptune or Water Mechwarrior with a Gabriel friend.

You can also beat Zeus with a Duke Vampire Lord/Hades/Hades/CDK/Echidna team with a high level Zeus friend if you are willing to spend some stones.
http://puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=429

Top one (John Death's team) was the team I used last time to 0-stone Legend. Doesn't work for Mythical, though.

Does anyone have a maxed SoD Lucifer? I am trying to fill up my remaining friendslots with Lucifers so that I can farm Goemon as much as needed next week.

360,045,207. I'll put mine up on Saturday aswell.
I do. 346,435,299

ZeroAKA

Are there any other new players on GAF? I have a level 7 Horus leader right now and looking for more friends with decent leaders (preferably Isis).

ID: 391,165,226

Edit: Also, I just reached level 20. Quote this and post your ID if you want one of those starter dragon presents.

J0dy77

I've been thinking about the best end game Horus team and came up with this as an option:

8NXnS8ml.jpg

I think I could clear anything with that team (max level of course). Plan would be to pop viper as you walk into a final boss, delay with Susano for 1 or 2 rounds of 1/2 damage and delay again with echidna. Could give you 10-12 rounds which would be enough to kill anything.

If Susano ever gets a busty Evo this would be a no brainer.

Thoughts?

Why Venus as opposed to D/L Hades?

As for the delay strategy, Echidna first might be a better decision. 3 turns of Echidna delay, 2 turns of Susanoo defense, and 5 turns of Orochi delay then Echidna is charged back up again.

10 Stones?
Is Zeus worth it that much? Since it's not even a guarantee drop...
The idea is you you could spend 10 stones on Zeus or risk them on the REM and potentially get shit.
I've been thinking about the best end game Horus team and came up with this as an option:

I think I could clear anything with that team (max level of course). Plan would be to pop viper as you walk into a final boss, delay with Susano for 1 or 2 rounds of 1/2 damage and delay again with echidna. Could give you 10-12 rounds which would be enough to kill anything.

If Susano ever gets a busty Evo this would be a no brainer.

Thoughts?
That team looks sick. Susano is one of my top most wanted monsters right now for just that reason.

J0dy77

Why Venus as opposed to D/L Hades?

As for the delay strategy, Echidna first might be a better decision. 3 turns of Echidna delay, 2 turns of Susanoo defense, and 5 turns of Orochi delay then Echidna is charged back up again.

Yeah, Hades would definitely be better but i don't have him lol. Was trying to think of light/dark monsters but completely forgot about him. He's up there on my wanted list just for this team.

I agree about using echidna first but I'm assuming that I've used her in round 9. Most high end dungeons that I clear I delay the mini boss with echidna and then viper delay the final boss and wipe if I don't burn through in the 6 rounds. Susano will hopefully close that gap.

Ill have to compare hades and Venus stats. With the need to tank a couple rounds having the extra RCV might help while I'm trying to level the team and adding + eggs.

Kyu

Neo Member
I can confirm that angeling is in poring tower. Dropped on an expert run for me. Don't know what to do with it since I don't have Kagutsutchi

S8DougS.jpg

raiot

I dont get green porings, i dont get blue porings, i dont get yellow porings...

But soon i have 5 max skilled Lillith...

Limit

Since poring dungeon is two weeks long I think I am going to just skip over going there this week and get my stamina up from 91 to 100 by leveling up as efficiently as possible. Simultaneously raising my monster cost limit while leveling up wouldn't be bad either.

J0dy77

Since poring dungeon is two weeks long I think I am going to just skip over going there this week and get my stamina up from 91 to 100 by leveling up as efficiently as possible. Simultaneously attaining all the extra stamina while leveling up wouldn't be bad either.

Yeah, i need to pace myself with the poring tower. 2 weeks is a long time and I need pengdras and ruby dragons today. My box space is going to be hurting. Need that event to start fast.

Yaari

I've seen people suggest Expert for Poring tower, but I have the worst luck there. So I just run Master. Probably not putting any stones into this because most of my monsters have a fair amount of skill-ups already, and wasting stones on it I can see myself getting the ones I already finished.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Any reason to run Master over Expert? I can probably spam Expert, whereas Master would require a bit more care in my team and matching...

TimeKillr

Did you buy all those stones or have you been hoarding the free ones given via events and dungeon completions? Impressive if latter is the case.

Heh I bought an 85 pack about a month and a half ago just so I can grind stuff more efficiently, but it turns out I didn't really need it, so... I've just been hoarding them after, but it's nothing too crazy.

Any reason to run Master over Expert? I can probably spam Expert, whereas Master would require a bit more care in my team and matching...

According to pdx, there's monsters (specifically, the Heart->Fire, Fire->Heart, Orb Refresh, Dark->Heal and Heart-Dark) that don't appear on Master, It *should* give you a higher chance of getting the CuCu/Siegfried/Valk/Kagu porings.

yeahh...i'm going to be running expert instead of Master, too many damn devils to drop.

Need this 2x skillup event to start..sitting on a LOT of fodder right now.

Are there any other new players on GAF? I have a level 7 Horus leader right now and looking for more friends with decent leaders (preferably Isis).

ID: 391,165,226

Edit: Also, I just reached level 20. Quote this and post your ID if you want one of those starter dragon presents.

I'm pretty new. I played a long time ago but I didn't "get it" as I was new to this style of game. Now I am addicted BAD. Wanna be friends? And I'm down for a starter dragon! My only leaders at the moment are Undine and Siren though. :/

ID: 374,066,225

Jagernaut

3 runs on Poring expert and I got 5 green porings, 1 blue, 1 Angeling (first time I saw one), and many slimes. I'll keep one of each color slime to make king slimes. I need to max skill my ultimate evolved Cu Chulain and Seigfried, they are both at 10 turns.

ZeroAKA

I'm pretty new. I played a long time ago but I didn't "get it" as I was new to this style of game. Now I am addicted BAD. Wanna be friends? And I'm down for a starter dragon! My only leaders at the moment are Undine and Siren though. :/

ID: 374,066,225
Sent you an invite. :)

acksman

I am fairly new to playing. Up to rank 26. - After reading this if you want to friend, my code for Fafnir is 303 966 214

On my iphone which is pictured below I started off with Fafnir, but have since gained Apollo, and Archangel Gabriel. I still have no clue what I'm doing and have not been able to do a Evo for some reason. Not enough materials I am guessing.

Now on my ipad, I pulled a Horus fairly quickly, but for some reason, he seems weaker than my team below. I don't have my ipad with me currently to pull an image. My rank on him is 18.

I would like to consolidate down to one account, but not sure which one to go with. My Horus team does not have as many supporting gods.

null.png

I am fairly new to playing. Up to rank 26. - After reading this if you want to friend, my code for Fafnir is 303 966 214

On my iphone which is pictured below I started off with Fafnir, but have since gained Apollo, and Archangel Gabriel. I still have no clue what I'm doing and have not been able to do a Evo for some reason. Not enough materials I am guessing.

Now on my ipad, I pulled a Horus fairly quickly, but for some reason, he seems weaker than my team below. I don't have my ipad with me currently to pull an image. My rank on him is 18.

I would like to consolidate down to one account, but not sure which one to go with. My Horus team does not have as many supporting gods.

[/QUOTE]

Others can speak, but the consensus is that Horus is a god-tier god. You can put together a solid team with him w/o great pulls (but they help). I would stick with that account. Fafnir is a forgetable pull, while Gabe is rather useful for some of the harder dungeons (replaces Noel).

tl:dr : stick with the ipad and put together a Horus team that demolishes.

Yaari

Am I just lucky or does the Poring Tower have a high rate for Plus Eggs? I did 3 runs today and I've had 2 plus eggs so far, quite nice considering 50% of the monsters in it can't even drop them.

Am I just lucky or does the Poring Tower have a high rate for Plus Eggs? I did 3 runs today and I've had 2 plus eggs so far, quite nice considering 50% of the monsters in it can't even drop them.

Expert or Master? Havn't gotten shit yet in 3 total runs. Was rolling in + eggs over the weekend through, not sure if the rate was boosted accross the board for unknown reason.

Couldn't find it in the FB group, when does this 'event' start? Thought it was the 29th

suko_32

Expert or Master? Havn't gotten shit yet in 3 total runs. Was rolling in + eggs over the weekend through, not sure if the rate was boosted accross the board for unknown reason.

Couldn't find it in the FB group, when does this 'event' start? Thought it was the 29th

I ran it 6-7 times on expert, zero plus eggs. Maybe I'm just unlucky.

According to pdx, there's monsters (specifically, the Heart->Fire, Fire->Heart, Orb Refresh, Dark->Heal and Heart-Dark) that don't appear on Master, It *should* give you a higher chance of getting the CuCu/Siegfried/Valk/Kagu porings.
It doesn't because of the demons that replace them. The drop rate in general for Master seems to be higher, though, and the drop rate for the Mastering at the end is definitely higher, if you're going after Poring. Aside from that, though, Expert is the way to go.

Yaari

It was on Expert, I guess I'm just lucky then.

I did 3 runs, 1 master 2 expert.
2 plus eggs on expert but none on master.

J0dy77

10 Stones?
Is Zeus worth it that much? Since it's not even a guarantee drop...

Zeus is guaranteed and a great accomplishment moment in the game but the game seems to have passed him by a bit. A lot of the newer Gods and top end teams rarely have Zeus as the lead. When we first got the game in the US he was the one guy to go after and was worth spending tons of stones to get him. I would say go after him for the achievement but don't expect him to to be an amazing leader anymore.

Starts tomorrow, the 30th. Can't wait for zero skillups on everybody!

lol, was thinking the exact same thing this morning. I was crushed last time they came around, 1 skill up out of countless poring. Bring on the pain.

/IMG]

Boss said it correctly, roll with the Horus account. You have some good monsters on the phone but not on the same level as Horus.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Got me an Angeling! I love poring tower. My mono-blue team eats the dungeon up (except when stupid green demons show up). I gotta say, GungHo is really redeeming themselves by letting us farm these dungeons.

Jagernaut

For regular evolves you need to max the monster's level and gather the right materials. Visit puzzledragonx.com or use the free PadGuide app on the apple store to see what materials you need. (If the required material is blank on the evo screen in the game, that means you have not encountered that material yet).

Also keep in mind that the monster's cost will increase after the evo.

mercviper

I'm thinking I can do Zeus with Angelion (54) + friend SoD luci leads and 2x rainbow 2x hera subs. one hera is max level and the other is 53, which puts me at 12.9k hp before adding the friend lucifer.

I'm thinking I can do Zeus with Angelion (54) + friend SoD luci leads and 2x rainbow 2x hera subs. one hera is max level and the other is 53, which puts me at 12.9k hp before adding the friend lucifer.

Sometimes the Chimeras before Zues give people more trouble than Zues himself. I know I got lucky with same turn Chimeras, but off-turn Chimeras can mean tons and tons of stones. (i.e. I stoned every other turn, but I only went four turns on them)

TL:DR Plan for Zues, but be wary of the Chimeras.

mercviper

Sometimes the Chimeras before Zues give people more trouble than Zues himself. I know I got lucky with same turn Chimeras, but off-turn Chimeras can mean tons and tons of stones. (i.e. I stoned every other turn, but I only went four turns on them)

TL:DR Plan for Zues, but be wary of the Chimeras.

Yeah, with the HP from Luci I should be able to tank both chimera on floor 4 even if they're off color (at least their normal attacks) The actual plan is to hope I get a green chimera and double gravity + SoD Lucifer active to shot the non-green one and then stall on the second chimera for skills before moving onto zeus.

fake edit: I won't actually kill it in 1 shot with only 2 gravities. oops. I would need to bring one of the chimera to 75% hp before I can shot it with all actives. Still though, I think I could do it. The alternative is to try with a Goemon team and just blow through everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom