• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackflag

Lillith is pretty dope. Its poison 1 shots all the mobs at the end of the special expert dungeon today which is helpful since they can 1 shot me

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Amaterasu is ONLY obtainable via Gacha, right? And now would likely be the best time to get her due to the increased drop of light, yes?

Owzers

Crap. I misread my slot and missed it. Thought it was 1pm my time, not noon. Whoops. I hate that.

that chart time is wrong I THINK, i just had the metals pop up, i'm section D, but it was 12pm est not pst. I presume it will be at 5pm and 10pm est for me too, so i'll be ready for one go at it Xo

Kosh

that chart time is wrong I THINK, i just had the metals pop up, i'm section D, but it was 12pm est not pst. I presume it will be at 5pm and 10pm est for me too, so i'll be ready for one go at it Xo

New schedule. This one is correct. Sorry everyone!

[US] Metal Dragon Schedule (15 Stamina) 1/11/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 11:00 16:00 21:00
B: 12:00 17:00 22:00
C: 8:00 13:00 18:00
D: 9:00 14:00 19:00
E: 10:00 15:00 20:00

ToxicAdam

Asking again, but what am I supposed to with the sapphire dragons I got this weekend? Will different exp-Dragon events have different colors? (Eg the ones I got are all blue, will there be events when the dragons will be ask dark?)

So if I have all blue, what do I do now? Feed them to another smaller monster or straight to my big guys? Only same-color for the bonus? Do I level them up first or feed them as level ones? What about the king Dragon I got? Sorry for the many questions but I don't wanna waste all the exp, esp the 80k the king Dragon gives :p

Always try to feed those colored dragons to monsters of the same color for max benefit.

Obviously if your monster is near his/her max lvl limit, you do not want to feed it the king Dragon as you will waste all that exp. I've made that mistake before. :/

Also, the normal Sapphire dragons (2) are used to evolve a blue Pendgra (found in the Technical dungeons). So, you might want to hold onto them if you have the box space. An evolved Pendgra will net you 35k exp.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I roll with Angel most times if you want to add me.

I'll take the option! 398,038,297 when you get the chance.

And I'll add you now ParityBit. Thanks!

E: Decided to give the gacha one more go. Got a Valk out of it, so I'm pretty content. Sure, it's not Amu, but I've got a few options now!

Owzers

Puzzle and Dragons just trolled me, got a golden egg out of the gacha pull and it was a beast rider. My previous one was a Dino Rider.

Worlds cruel.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'll take the option! 398,038,297 when you get the chance.

And I'll add you now ParityBit. Thanks!

E: Decided to give the gacha one more go. Got a Valk out of it, so I'm pretty content. Sure, it's not Amu, but I've got a few options now!

Valk is very, very desirable, so congrats!

Also added you.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Dark dragons are metal dragons which is today, the times are posted above.

You can feed sapphire dragons to whatever you like you just will lose a percentage of the XP if the monster isn't water based.

You can't level enhancement dragons.

I can't level them? They're not listed as max level though...

And ah, so the colours for dragons varies from day to day? Cool, then I'll make sure to always feed them same-colour.

Last question, is it more efficient exp-wise to feed them directly to the big monster, or to level up a minor monster with them and then feed that one to the big monster?

xCobalt

Puzzle and Dragons just trolled me, got a golden egg out of the gacha pull and it was a beast rider. My previous one was a Dino Rider.

Worlds cruel.

You could try and make an Attacker team. I think when those riders are evolved, they add 2.5x the damage to Attack monsters.

J0dy77

I've got more evo cards than monsters by a long shot. I don't even know what to keep. I'm halfway tempted to start cleaning house and going for the evos when I need them.

This is exactly what I did. I can go back and farm the low lvl dungeons if I need to. I had so many Evo materials and basically 5 units worth holding onto.

I got a yellow and purple starter dragon from gifts? Are they worth the effort of lvling up even if they won't crack my lineup for a long time?

Suggestion to everyone to run the basic daily dungeon today. I pulled a mythlit from the en of the adept version.

Owzers

You could try and make an Attacker team. I think when those riders are evolved, they add 2.5x the damage to Attack monsters.

i might try something...right now i use a dino rider, blue evolved goblin, and feifner evolved mystic knight for orb switching attacking shenanigans

I was hoping to get a Light monster for this special gacha time, did something foolish and spent $15 on pulls.....that blue rider guy, a lvl 4 salamander, and a drall dragon Xo XO XO XO XO XO

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
:O

I'm curious if there is a limit to the inventory boxes, I have seen people with 200+

I'm at 275 on monster box, so I doubt there is a limit. Supposedly at a certain rank you can buy more friend slots as well?

Edit: Also, anyone want to tell me a use for the small metal dragons? Besides maybe as fodder to feed pengdras or something? I have no low level dark enemies I need to level.

Dam Fire forest's first lvl is kicking my ass! Looks like my first wall? Does anyone know the last evo mat needed for the dryad and where to get it?

Check out the mediafire link I posted on the previous page. But it looks like you might be missing the Azure Demon Mask? Wednesday Dungeon or Sacred Mt. Bakkes, according to the spreadsheet at the mediafire link

does Vampire Lord have an evolution in the US version of the game yet? I see on the wiki he has one, but when I try the Evolve fusion he is greyed out.

Also I am slowly coming to the realisation that I can play this game, but I have no clue what I am doing. I have a 49 Mandrake (trying for an Alruane), a 20 Vampire Lord, a 31 Dragon Knight (I think he becomes the ADK?), light starter, dark starter, a toytops, 'lil blue dragon's second form, a harpie demon, and a Marine Rider.

Any thoughts on how best to proceed with Castle of Satan? I tried running a dark/green team with someone else's Alraune, but no dice.

ToxicAdam

Any thoughts on how best to proceed with Castle of Satan? I tried running a dark/green team with someone else's Alraune, but no dice.

Try to find a friend with an evolved Dark Chaos Dragon (50% damage reduction)

A neat trick I found is that if you keep bouncing in and out of different dungeons, the 'explorers' on your friends list will change. It's a good way to hunt for a certain character if you don't have access to one.

Smiley90

Oh btw, I usually have my Mandrake set as leader, but if someone needs the 50% dark damage reduction from my Hades badly, send me a PM or so

J0dy77

A neat trick I found is that if you keep bouncing in and out of different dungeons, the 'explorers' on your friends list will change. It's a good way to hunt for a certain character if you don't have access to one.

Good to know thanks. I need to find some new mobs for the friends list.

I'm personally making it through Dungeon of S without much issue. I'm using a siren is my leader for with a Titan and Viper Orochi and then relying on the friend list for damage. If you have a ton of Hp and healers it may take a while but you'll make it through.

Kosh

The problem with that is you don't get the explorer's leader ability. You only get the leader ability if they are on your friend's list.

Does anyone know the Evo material I need in this first slot? I'm so bummed!

40413152-5BEA-48BB-BC62-3C90FDBBFE80-26368-00000861ECCBDF46.jpg

ToxicAdam

The problem with that is you don't get the explorer's leader ability. You only get the leader ability if they are on your friend's list.

That's why you look on the lower dungeons that you can easily beat. Then they will be in your shuffle later if they join up.

daemissary

So far all of my pulls have been hot garbage but I'm about to spend ten stones for two pulls and I'm feeling lucky. C'mon baby!

Edit: blah, got an Undine and a white dragon. I will eventually pull a 5 star.

garath

New schedule. This one is correct. Sorry everyone!

[US] Metal Dragon Schedule (15 Stamina) 1/11/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 11:00 16:00 21:00
B: 12:00 17:00 22:00
C: 8:00 13:00 18:00
D: 9:00 14:00 19:00
E: 10:00 15:00 20:00

ooh, then my B slot is coming up in 10 min. Sweet!

Jinko

I can't level them? They're not listed as max level though...

And ah, so the colours for dragons varies from day to day? Cool, then I'll make sure to always feed them same-colour.

Last question, is it more efficient exp-wise to feed them directly to the big monster, or to level up a minor monster with them and then feed that one to the big monster?

Later on you require coloured dragons to evolve pengra's, the evolved form will give 45k xp so for the cost 2 dragons at 1k each a dragon plant and a maxed pengdra you get good returns on them.

Sadly there are no dark and light pengdra's tho so metal and gold don't have much use, later on there are super king metal and gold dragons though, no idea how much XP they give though.

When/where do you start getting divine masks? Never seen one but it's all I need to evolve my siren. I'm at Tower of Flare.

They show up in the dungeons after Castle of Satan, Technical dungeons and the Tuesday (or is it Wednesday) Dungeon, they hit for 9999 though so can be troublesome if you don't kill them first.

Does anyone know the Evo material I need in this first slot? I'm so bummed!

40413152-5BEA-48BB-BC62-3C90FDBBFE80-26368-00000861ECCBDF46.jpg

I'm guessing its a Divine Gold Mask.

garath

Damn. Ruined my good run on metal dragons. Got 2 in, first was great - king, high and some regular. Second run was 5 regular :(

Still, evolved my lil black dragon second time and got him up to 30 with one king. Looking good so far! My team is all over the place.

Smiley90

Is there a chart somewhere showing how much exp a monster gives for feeding? Not the exp/level chart in the OP. i wanna see if it's worth it to beef up a carbuncle with a metal dragon and then feed the carbuncle, or if i should just feed the metal dragon directly. Or does anyone know?

You will always* lose out on experience by combining instead of feeding individually. I believe that cost-wise it's cheaper to raise something to the same level if you combine before, though.

Smiley90

You will always* lose out on experience by combining instead of feeding individually. I believe that cost-wise it's cheaper to raise something to the same level if you combine before, though.

Aah I see. So for low-exp fodder it WOULD be better to feed directly for exp purposes, but since they give so little exp, the money you lose by levelling slowly is more important so you feed something else first. For high-exp monsters it's better to feed directly. Got it.

2 runs, 1 king, not bad!

Ferrio

Banned
Since all the data is stored device side... I assume it's possible to edit files to give you tons of gems or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom