• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anubis isn't in Savant tier for one simple, important reason: he needs a 10+ combo to activate. There are 30 orbs on the field. Do the math.

Happy 20,000 replies PAD thread! My new apartment doesn't have Internet access. :(
Oh snap! Didn't realize we hit the milestone already.

And agreed on Anubis. It's more like Four Leaf Clover tier. 99.999999999999% of Anubis activations require some matches from falling orbs, which no player can possibly plan for. It's really only somewhat viable on limited dungeons with a limited number of elements.

I will say that Anubis works great as a situational member on my SoD Lucifer team. I didn't have much use for it until the Archangels/Devils released. Then, I finally maxed its level. If you look at the active skills for all the Devils, Anubis actually completes the set for Dark element since the 2 Lucifers have completely different skills from their other Angel/Devil brethren.

Interestingly, even though Anubis completes the Curse skills with its Curse of Darkness skill, there is currently no Dark version of the Archangels' Miracle skills.

I think it's kind if weird that they made mist of the Demons have really offensive leader skills, but really defensive active skills. The counter attack skills are great, but in general they are going to require a huge HP multiplier to be able to do enough damage to matter. That said, I'm excited to evolve and level up my Baal for use as a SoD Lucifer sub.

On a completely unrelated note, if Duke ever gets an Ultimate Evo, they should make his leader skill 2x ATK/HP rather than 3x ATK. Then again maybe I should just give up in ever getting that leader skill...

JP is getting a murakofest next, and in every instance they've had one we've had an editor's choice selection with as identical a selection as version differences can allow. Except 5.4 doesn't add any new pantheons so if all goes well we could see 3-4x boost for:
Suzaku, Kirin, Byakko, Orochi, Freyja, Lucifer + 4 others (probably trash rares)
and potentially even overlapping with Godfest, which would be sick. As if people weren't already hype for the next Godfest...

I will say that Anubis works great as a situational member on my SoD Lucifer team. I didn't have much use for it until the Archangels/Devils released. Then, I finally maxed its level. If you look at the active skills for all the Devils, Anubis actually completes the set for Dark element since the 2 Lucifers have completely different skills from their other Angel/Devil brethren.

Interestingly, even though Anubis completes the Curse skills with its Curse of Darkness skill, there is currently no Dark version of the Archangels' Miracle skills.
Yeah, he's actually really good for that team because he has Healer-like stats and a usable active skill that's very effective against the likes of Valkyrie and Zeus. He just gets overshadowed by Ultra Gravity users, like Hades and Hera, which are even better for Luci's team. Zeus would be killer if he gets a dark sub (but he probably won't, since he's 7-star already).

The only piece missing from my Luci team is dark-sub Ceres. Amaterasu Ohkami fills in as my instant healer for now, but Ceres would drive my HP through the roof.

For now, though, I'm just practicing Horus combos in the (stingy as hell) poring dungeon. Getting pretty consistent with it now.

Yeah, he's actually really good for that team because he has Healer-like stats and a usable active skill that's very effective against the likes of Valkyrie and Zeus. He just gets overshadowed by Ultra Gravity users, like Hades and Hera, which are even better for Luci's team.
The thing about Gravity is that it's impossible to deal a killing blow with it due to it's percentage-based damage calculation. Monsters like Anubis are great for dealing killing blows once the Gravity mobs bring down the boss' health into kill range. It's like having a risk-free Lucifer activation, but with only a 20 turn cooldown instead of 35. But you're right, I wouldn't replace the Gravity mobs, but instead complement them.

Jiraiza

50 Pal Eggs:

3 Super King Metal
1 King Metal
2 King Gold
1 King Emerald
3 King Sapphire
1 +Egg

I get the feeling you should only do massive Pal Egg rolls, lol. Anyway, awww yis.

Well, I max skilled my fire knight. I got the first 3 skill ups after feeding 6 mfks (2 mfks per feed). It took 13 more mfks to get the last skill up. I had 22 mfks total.

Limit

Fed 13 monsters across three monsters for skill ups. Zero for all of them. What is the original % chance for skillup? 5%?

CmdBash

hey wanting to get into this game because friends at school are playing this game called tower of saviors which seems like a ripoff of PAD. How pay-dependant is this game?

Limit

Just tried out tower of saviors for the first time. Mechanics wise this is an exact replica of PAD. The art is neat and the stages are well designed. Gungho needs to step up its production values.

toshi

Neo Member
While I'm disappointed that there's no Chinese god, I'm somewhat relieved that I do not have to buy stones for this event. Conflicting I know. But it looks like the next god fest (assuming Chinese gods are coming), will be angels and Chinese gods.

massoluk

Banned
37 Pal Pulls
1 Super King Metal
2 King Gold, 1 King Ruby, 1 King Metal
4 +egg
1 gold pengdras
1 Big Flamie, what's the point, I don't know.

r7wKFaT.jpg
50cxoQE.jpg

Could be worst, but not bad.
0 for 8 on Mystic flame knight
1 for 2 on Highlander

J0dy77

hey wanting to get into this game because friends at school are playing this game called tower of saviors which seems like a ripoff of PAD. How pay-dependant is this game?

You don't have to spend a cent to take full enjoyment of the game. We have heavy spenders and free users in this thread. It's completely up to you how you want to play.

Tower of saviors is exactly what you said, a big ripoff of PAD. I played it for a while but always came back to PAD. The monsters and balance are much better in PAD.

TimeKillr

Ugh. I think I'm going to give up skilling up my MFK. I just spent 105 stamina on the damn dungeon this morning. Zero drops. Absolutely NONE. Even last saturday, when it was x2, I did 3-4 runs and I came out empty handed. I don't know what the hell is going on. :(

Poring it is then!

TimeKillr

What the hell?! No, Chinese gods yet. More free stones to hoard for me I guess. Stupid poring tower is being lame so far. I only need the Marin and the Drops but I'm of course getting a whole lot of the green one and nothing else.

The Chinese gods aren't even in the game yet for some stupid reason...

ccbfan

Semi trolled but happy I got trolled.

Got a ton of fire swordsman (30, I was ready to get Gungtrolled). Even spent a stone at 2x event to level and get more swordsman.

Max skilled my PKH in 10 swordsman. (Needed 3 level to max). Guess I didn't need to waste the stone and stamina getting so much fire swordsman.

Ended up using the rest to skill up another knight and was 1 skill up away from maxing it. I don't need another max skilled PKH but that one skill level is gonna kill me at some point.

Jagernaut

I had saved 17 MFKs and needed 3 more skillups. Maxed my Phoenix Knight Homura after fusing 15 of them. Having 2 max skilled orb changers on my mono red team is great. I also got 2 out of 6 skillups on Siegfried.

I was hoping for a Angels/Chinese or Angels/Devils godfest. Archangel Lucifer is one the few gods I'm still looking for.

J0dy77

For a ripoff the game presentation is really nice.

I did enjoy the game, I don't want to sound harsh with the "Ripoff" comment. There were a bunch of features from that game that I would still like to see implemented in PAD (twitter login being the biggest one). I just hit a point where the game lost something in comparison to PAD, it didn't seem as balanced or polished.

Kreed

If you save up your stones/don't get addicted to the REM/etc... you can enjoy this game just like everyone else without spending a dime.

I don't really believe she, or any of the Chinese gods, offer something not yet available nah.
Some fun teams to be made with them, but thats it, pretty much.

Sakuya seems pretty awesome from videos I've seen of teams using her. While her 5x attack leader skill isn't unique, she doesn't have the "glass cannon" aspect like Goemon, and itn's not as difficult to get her x5 attack like Ra.

I'll throw my stats in the ring. 50 PAL pulls:

2 ruby kings
1 sapphire king
1 emerald king
1 +egg

Not terrible. Much better than the last king event when I got no kings in 40ish rolls. Wish I could have scored a few Super Kings to evolve Zaerog.

As for skill ups:

3/19 on Homura (I guess I'll finish this up on 2x day.)
0/5 on Siegfried (4 to go)
1/5 on Cu Chu (1 to go)
0/4 on Lilith
0/3 on Dark Golem

Could have gone worse. My reaction is a big resounding "meh"...

As for skill ups:

3/19 on Homura (I guess I'll finish this up on 2x day.)
0/5 on Siegfried (4 to go)
1/5 on Cu Chu (1 to go)
0/4 on Lilith
0/3 on Dark Golem

Could have gone worse. My reaction is a big resounding "meh"...

Is there supposed to be another 2x event for this one? Probably on the weekend then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom