• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limit

I somehow stumbled across Satan's page while browsing puzzledragonx and I have been trying to figure out how much of a gimped version of Lucifer he really is. If your RCV is -9999 does it mean that it will be impossible to heal yourself? Is he really just meant to sub in a Goemon team? Sure seems like it.

by the way, what's a better evloution? Light or Dark Kagu?
Probably dark. It has significantly higher ATK, so it slots into more teams (like Lucifer's), and its leader skill will be better for farming weak dungeons. Light really just goes well with dragon teams, but there are so many good dragons that it wouldn't be hard to slot in something else.

I somehow stumbled across Satan's page while browsing puzzledragonx and I have been trying to figure out how much of a gimped version of Lucifer he really is. If your RCV is -9999 does it mean that it will be impossible to heal yourself? Is he really just meant to sub in a Goemon team? Sure seems like it.
Yeah I really don't get Satan. His active skill makes no sense when it will be impossible to heal back, outside of another active skill. Plus there already exists a 3.5x attack monster with more usable stats and an active skill that isn't essentially unusable (Zaerog). If anybody sees something I don't please enlighten me.

linsivvi

Yeah I really don't get Satan. His active skill makes no sense when it will be impossible to heal back, outside of another active skill. Plus there already exists a 3.5x attack monster with more usable stats and an active skill that isn't essentially unusable (Zaerog). If anybody sees something I don't please enlighten me.

Well I guess if you feed it +99 eggs you can do 480K damage instead of 300K.

You can pair it with Amaterasu to recover HP I guess?

I don't know, just throwing some idea out there.

Yaari

But apparently it is not the only Buff Odin is getting, apparently some guy on Twitter from GungHo hinted towards something else.

This does not do much for Odin. The problem is that the game is turning into a sort of "Season" based game in which they render previous Gods almost useless when making new ones.

This is fine with regular Gods but not for stuff from REM for which you pay for. So I won't be surprised if they give Blue Odin 3x so give him lasting appeal.

Or a free Blue Odin in your dark team.
I heard SoD Lucifer likes high RCV and HP values...

I did not think of that. Yeah he has excellent stats.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Sub a Dark Ceres for an instant full heal. That's what I've read people do.

Next set of biweekly trophy dragons is slowly getting revealed. First up is Baalbek:
sncXG4k.jpg

Named after these things and part of a cycle of out of place artifacts. No other information known as of yet.

man the drop rate in Poring is pretty terribad. Just had two runs with 2 drops each.

I seriously think I'm going to go the whole 2 weeks of MFK dungeon without a skillup. Awesome.

Yaari

I managed to max my Valk today, needed 1 more skill up. Have another Valk to work with though, but not really in a rush on that one.

My Berserk magically had been maxed during the first Poring tower even though I never use him. And Chu Chu is being very stubborn :(.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just started up on my new android phone, I have enough stones for 2 rare eggs. Waiting for godfest to go live, still expecting to get a pair of mystic knights.

Kreed

So they nerfed them as leader but makes them great sub....we're progressing, i guess?

I guess I see the nerf as very minor because I don't use an Odin as a leader very often in technical dungeons. The last time I used an Odin lead in a technical dungeon was the Hera-Is dungeon with Green Odin, so with this update he'd be twice as likely to get bound by the demons in the first round, but he was already a liability in this dungeon from leaf bind and multi hit monsters, which is why he needed to be paired with Drawn Joker.

SaintR

Yea it's been terribad. On a positive note I just got my bonus so more farming for skill ups. Wait, not really a positive when it leads to bitter disappointment...

Stats:
0/8 Siren (second one)
1/3 Siegfried
0/3 Chu
1/10 Homura
0/5 Lilith (I can care less about this one though...they just keep dropping ;(

Those buffs on the Odins are pretty nice. Not only do they slot into light/dark teams now, but also the balanced / physical teams (led by cu chu / sieg), as they are already in the correct colors for each.

So I am trying to figure out what I want to run for Goemon on Saturday. I've almost finished with my Mono blue team, for Saturday, I should have the following:

40ish Water Mech Warrior
30ish fenrir knight
30ish Hermes
30ish R/B Sieg
40 Siren Max Skill

Now, I can just slot Hermes as the leader, in which case I'd use I&I from a friend, but I am really tempted to try Water Mech as my leader and use a friend's Gabriel. Each attack that is reflected on Goemon by Water Mech will do at least 200k damage to him. Coin toss will do 300k. That means it takes only 9ish reflected hits for Goemon to die. Now, since this only triggers 1/4 of the time, 9 X 4 = 36, so 36 turns, but this is without any damage on my part, of which there will be some. The other good thing about water mech as leader is that he should make the opening floors easy, as every time a shot is reflected on a low ninja, it will insta kill him.

Hermes / I&I, on the other hand, gives me less hp overall, but I gain a 4X attack multiplier, which is effectively 8X in this dungeon. My HP will be a bit low overall, but I think that as long as I pop my mech at the right time, I can survive.

What do you guys think I should do?

J0dy77

Neat - that dude looks pretty cool.

I NEED to max skill Valk, Berseker, an Cu Chu. NEED to. :|

I'm trying to stay patient with the poring tower, there is still a lot of time left. My Valk and Chu are now at 8 turns (3 to go on each). Seigfried is lower down on my list of priority and only has one skill up.

The tower drop rate has been pretty terrible but I'm just going to stick with it. Having those 2 at 5 turns is going to be a HUGE upgrade to any Egyptian team. A week and a 1/2 and a 2x event while burning stones should definitely get them maxed.

I'm trying to stay patient with the poring tower, there is still a lot of time left. My Valk and Chu are now at 8 turns (3 to go on each). Seigfried is lower down on my list of priority and only has one skill up.

The tower drop rate has been pretty terrible but I'm just going to stick with it. Having those 2 at 5 turns is going to be a HUGE upgrade to any Egyptian team. A week and a 1/2 and a 2x event while burning stones should definitely get them maxed.

I thought that about MFK dungeon as well. 0 for 8 and havn't seen a drop is 4 trips. RNG'ed

I played until lvl 15 or 20ish then I've rerolled a few times with crap results (3stars)

Just rerolled and got Hades, is that pretty good?

I also just got a King Metal Dragon to feed him. Should I wait until later and there's some kind of fusion bonus going on?

Thanks

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I played until lvl 15 or 20ish then I've rerolled a few times with crap results (3stars)

I also just got a King Metal Dragon to feed him. Should I wait until later and there's some kind of fusion bonus going on?

Thanks

There are no fusion bonus events that increase great or super feed results.

Hades is an incredible sub, used in nearly every endgame team. But as a leader, he's...Well, he's OK. You really want Horus or SoD Luci, though.

Limit

REM gods are being really kind to me today. 3 mystic masks in two Wednesday dungeon runs. That virgin sacrifice is really paying off.

xCobalt

Thanks

I'd keep it

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
I'm new in the game and I got two monsters that are level max, am I the luckiest person on earth?

There are no fusion bonus events that increase great or super feed results.

Hades is an incredible sub, used in nearly every endgame team. But as a leader, he's...Well, he's OK. You really want Horus or SoD Luci, though.

Great thanks!

So there's no reason not to feed the king metal to Hades now?

(Does increase level also increase the team cost?)

New thread status: been packing/moving/working the past four days, ETA for actually getting Internet up and running: late Thursday? ETA for new thread: lol

Well, I'm doing okay on skill ups--but only for Angelion and Lilith. The ones I want to skill up--Cu, Valk, and Sieg--aren't skilling much at all.

This sucks.

On the plus side, I scored two Angelings. I think it's a guaranteed drop, as long as it shows up.

massoluk

Banned
Huzzah. 200 days bonus stones just in time for God Fest.
Looks like I'll get 5 pulls during the events, can't wait to not get rare Gods but another golems.

Kreed

Not really, I still don't have an Odin or Lucifer or most of the Roman Gods.
EDIT: OOPS, I meant Norse

The Lucifer that has an increased rate of appearing in the God Fest right now is Dark Archdemon Lucifer, vs Seraphim of Dawn Lucifer (the one I'm assuming you'd want to pull).

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Just got a mystic flame knight on my first run of novice swords of flame. Yay!

Asturie

So I have all the mats to evolve Minerva up to War Diety but she is only lvl 42 right now. Since she is basically my best monster other than Isis I feel it would be worth evolving her. What would be the easiest way to max out Minerva? I'm up to Tower of Nature and Faithless Temple with No Name. I do have a King Sapphire Dragon, a High Sapphire Dragon, a Super King Gold Dragon, as well as several regular Sapphire Dragons; don't know if they are worth using on Minerva or not though.

mercviper

So I have all the mats to evolve Minerva up to War Diety but she is only lvl 42 right now. Since she is basically my best monster other than Isis I feel it would be worth evolving her. What would be the easiest way to max out Minerva? I'm up to Tower of Nature and Faithless Temple with No Name. I do have a King Sapphire Dragon, a High Sapphire Dragon, a Super King Gold Dragon, as well as several regular Sapphire Dragons; don't know if they are worth using on Minerva or not though.

I would say run blazing highway for red pengdra and then evolve them when the next ruby dragons come around. You don't really have an immediate need to evolve Minerva so I don't see any reason to eat off-color dragons just yet.

Asturie

I would say run blazing highway for red pengdra and then evolve them when the next ruby dragons come around. You don't really have an immediate need to evolve Minerva so I don't see any reason to eat off-color dragons just yet.

Is using off-color dragons that big of a hit? Never really paid that much attention to how xp was gained using on-color vs off-color.

Is using off-color dragons that big of a hit? Never really paid that much attention to how xp was gained using on-color vs off-color.

It's about a 30% hit to use off-color when evo'ing. Avoid doing it.

Also, you can sell that gold king for a crazy amount of cash. If you are early on, shouldn't be a problem doing so

mercviper

It's about a 30% hit to use off-color when evo'ing. Avoid doing it.

Also, you can sell that gold king for a crazy amount of cash. If you are early on, shouldn't be a problem doing so

Depends on how you look at it. The actual math is when feeding on-color you get a guaranteed 50% more experience to the monster. So King Metals that usually give 50k XP will instead give 75k XP if fed on-color.

Selling a gold is definitely gold efficient, but I find that you don't need to sell golds to keep up in cash flow. This is a bit different in the late game when you're feeding more to higher level monsters, getting a monster to 297, or using a lot of stones to speed up the leveling process by farming metals or something, then may be outspending what you earn, but if you aren't doing either of those you probably don't need the extra money selling the king would give you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom