• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaari

Took me 10-12 stones with the Vampire/Zeus setup. I would have loved to have a Lucifer team back then. There was even a guy once that used 100 stones to get Zeus, not kidding.

I should be hitting 200 days tomorrow! After playing for such a long time it is quite easy to resist a Godfest. But it definitely took a while to get there.

Any maxed out Lucifers here I did not add yet? 360,045,207. Goemon must get maxxed out on Saturday! (Unlikely but we'll try).

I don't think I am ever going to get any more useful pets from rare egg. 4 rolls:
1 Water Toy Dragon
2 Knight of the Sky
3 Dark Toy Dragon
4 Divinegon

Just wasted my 20 precious stones :( I got 10 more stones... Must resist pulling.

ps. I got all those already.
Hey, now you can round out your collection with all four busty forms of Divinegon

where my high level Horus friends at??

Trying Zeus with Ra (71), Marine Rider (30's :(), Vamp (45), D/D Hades (99), L/D Hades (48), high level Horus

and just muscle my way through.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So glad I'm done with Zeus already. It cost me some stones, but at least I have him...My team is more refined now, but even still, I imagine I'd get stomped and need to throw stones at him.

daw840

4 rolls

Astaroth - What's this? Useful?
Ivory Dragon - also is this worth keeping?
Mermaid- no skill up
Vampire - no skill up

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
4 rolls

Astaroth - What's this? Useful?
Ivory Dragon - also is this worth keeping?
Mermaid- no skill up
Vampire - no skill up

Absolutely. She's a very strong lead for a devil counter team. But my understanding is that the US version of her is still lacking since skilling her up is not easy. Hold onto her, though.

I had passed my 200 day mark last week, so I decided to use a pull. I got a Devil Luciifer, eh...

At least it was a gold egg I did not have. You should never complain if you pull a gold egg that you did not have...

Back to hoarding...

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just did 2 rare egg pulls. I meant to do 1 but sneaky gung totally tricked me into pressing the ok button for a 2nd. First was a mermaid, 2nd was a +gold egg, which got me excited, but it's a gryps rider so meh I guess.

In better news, last night I hit 20 and did the gift with my brother, and we both got spinon.

Also, I got a dragon fruit from my first (and so far only) run of the thursday dungeon. Is that lucky or pretty standard?

ccbfan

For Lucifer teams against Zeus don't blow your load at the beginning.

Assuming you have 2 Gravities.

That mean you can kill Zeus with a combo nuke when he has 2400000 hp so about 60 percent health.

Use your nuke then.

Tech Bosses are usually easier when they have high health. Supernova I think doesn't even show up until Zeus has under 50%.

Basically use one gravity, stall for 30 moves (Probably got him to 60 percent) and kill.

It's done.

Rf29vbc.png

4 stones total. Really lucked out with the Chimeras, they were on separate timers and thought I was boned. Was able to clear the 1 turn Chimera in 1 turn with an epic combo. Took me 6ish turns for Zeus, was really slow going with bad boards and got helped out with Zeus doing heart->jammers which saved me a stone. Landed a big x24 combos with dark and just crushed him.

Team was Ra (71), Robin Rider (trollololol), D/D Hades (99), Duke (46), D/L Hades (48), Radav's Horus (99).

So yup, I used a Robin Rider to clear Zeus. ParityBit would be so proud. Suck it Gungho.

mercviper

Tried my Angelion + Lucifer strat on Zeus. Spent 3 stones on chimera and then gave up on zeus because I couldn't recover enough for all his damage. I wasn't getting any dark orbs to make a dent in his HP either so I quit after I died about 15 turns in, or the turns I would get dark orbs would be ones I would have to heal on via Angelion, so it was a wash.

Tried again with Goemon and I think I need a better strat for stalling, or better luck with orbs at the beginning so I can actually kill stuff.

ccbfan

How important is a Zeus anymore?

I got him for a friend's account but I never got him for my own. (Since his have SOD Lucifer and as we all know everything is easy mode with Lucifer)

Not sure if I want to waste stone on him when I don't need him.

I know he used to be God tier back in the beginning when we didn't have the Eqyptian Gods, Rose Valk, 4/2/2 teams, Lucifer, Goemon, Dragon God monster. But those monster seem to have made him kinda useless.

I don't run a yellow team.

I don't have a Blue Odin

My go to speed team is Valk healer team which pretty much does everything I want. If I need a little more hp then I go with my Freyr red team. If I need super defense I use my noel blue team (Much stronger now with Hera-IS and my newly obtained Neptune).

Plus don't you have to kill 1 counter enemies in one turn unless you have stalling to even get the bonus? I guess stone is the only other option.

I feel the Goemon damage bursting is just so much better.

Honestly the only use for Zeus I can think of anymore is to get more Zeus by spending stones.

Colby

No, what they say is: Don't cry that you have to waste 1-5 Stones for a Zeus.
Without Lucifer, your chance of getting a Zeus for 5 Stones was only given if:
- You had a friend with a 297 Zeus
- Your Vampire / CDK / Hera / Hera / Echidna Team was max skilled and in its 80s!
It took me 5 stones with a Horus/Zeus team that wasn't all that high-leveled. I had to get creative and a bit lucky though.

Kreed

I got him for a friend's account but I never got him for my own. (Since his have SOD Lucifer and as we all know everything is easy mode with Lucifer)

I know he used to be God tier back in the beginning when we didn't have the Eqyptian Gods, Rose Valk, 4/2/2 teams, Lucifer, Goemon, Dragon God monster. But those monster seem to have made him kinda useless.

I don't have a Blue Odin

My go to speed team is Valk healer team which pretty much does everything I want. If I need a little more hp then I go with my Freyr red team. If I need super defense I use my noel blue team (Much stronger now with Hera-IS and my newly obtained Neptune).

Plus don't you have to kill 1 counter enemies in one turn unless you have stalling to even get the bonus? I guess stone is the only other option.

Honestly the only use for Zeus I can think of anymore is to get more Zeus by spending stones.

Zeus' importance has dropped a lot because of new gods, but I still see plenty of "team suggestions/strategies" that use him as either a leader or a sub for players like myself that don't have SOD Lucifer. Plus you just never know with this game when a monster will become useful (like the toy dragons most people said were useless earlier in the thread, until dungeons were made where they became useful for their resistances)

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
jesus christ can a brother get an amelit? Trying to evolve my Spinas and the shit just won't drop.

I don't have a Blue Odin

Yeah that's what I decided. I can probably 5-7 stone him, but I can't think of a team I'd be able to slot him into. The light color means he is tough to level, and I don't want to have to do that if it doesn't matter. So, I'm just going to hold off on attempting him for now, and take him next time he comes around, with a team that can 1-2 stone him instead.

I don't have a Blue Odin

All they need to do is add an ultimate evo to him and he's back to being useful. 1/2/2 team with a Zeus ally? Or slot him in as a sub to a mono team.

So they seriously put Pengdra Village the same day as Zeus and 2x Plant day? Bunch of dicks.

Guess yesterday was too busy with nothing special going on

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So they seriously put Pengdra Village the same day as Zeus and 2x Plant day? Bunch of dicks.

Guess yesterday was too busy with nothing special going on

Well shit, I didn't notice Village was today. I haven't kept up with the schedule.

It looks like I don't get mine until later, so that's good. I'll be able to run it. But still, shitty indeed. DEFINITELY designed as a stone sink.

lenni

Got Zeus this morning with the standard Vampire / Hera / Hera / CDK /Echidna / Zeus.
Spent 5 stones, but I'm glad I finally got one. He may not be as useful as he was once, but I don't have any Egyptians nor SOD Lucifer, so he's the best I can get, I guess. Now I'll just have to prepare for Valkyrie on Monday.

Also I won't roll for god fest today, I'm being strong and will wait for Chinese gods.

TimeKillr

So I have a question.. I have a single Hades, and I'm wondering if I should ultimate evo him to D/L or D/D.

D/D is better for resist situations, but D/L is clearly better for Horus teams, so I'm a bit torn.

What do you guys think?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I have a question.. I have a single Hades, and I'm wondering if I should ultimate evo him to D/L or D/D.

D/D is better for resist situations, but D/L is clearly better for Horus teams, so I'm a bit torn.

What do you guys think?

I think inadvertently answered your own question....Do you run resist or Horus more?

muu

Did one roll and got an astaroth. Woo!

Took me 10-12 stones with the Vampire/Zeus setup. I would have loved to have a Lucifer team back then. There was even a guy once that used 100 stones to get Zeus, not kidding.

I should be hitting 200 days tomorrow! After playing for such a long time it is quite easy to resist a Godfest. But it definitely took a while to get there.

Any maxed out Lucifers here I did not add yet? 360,045,207. Goemon must get maxxed out on Saturday! (Unlikely but we'll try).

Still working on mine but I sent you an invite. Might have shown up as the vampy I was using to run through flame knight.

He might get very useful if they were to ultimate evo him and give him Physical subtype...
If he gets a Dark subtype, he would easily supplant Hera in a Lucifer team.

What do you guys think?
I remember having this problem before. Ultimately, I chose D/D because 60% resist is a lot better than 50%, he has an extra 100 attack power, and he can't get bound by Flash Bind.

Also, he looks cooler.

Kreed

Just got Zeus using a Goemon team (subs Red Giant Gigas, Siren, Horus, Echidna). The most difficult parts were stalling during the "mask" round to get Goemon's skills up for rounds 4 and 5, but after that everything was easy. Definitely recommend this team if you have all the members.

What do you guys think?

I went D/D for the resist and extra attack
with my first Hades...D/L with the second[/spoiler

I figured what the hell and pulled. I don't have any devils or Norse gods. Got an evolved Amon and a Baal. Both gold eggs and didn't own either so overall I'm pleased. Wish devils were more useful though.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I figured what the hell and pulled. I don't have any devils or Norse gods. Got an evolved Amon and a Baal. Both gold eggs and didn't own either so overall I'm pleased. Wish devils were more useful though.

I'm still convinced that we'll see more devil teams emerging as the ability to skill them up comes out. A high HP counter team would be siiiiick.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Does anyone know if multiple, different color counter attacks can be active at once? If so, an all devil SoD Lucifer team would be something special. Even if not, that would guarantee a counter attack every turn. That would be sick too.

What I've heard from Astaroth players is that you can only have one counter active at a time. Once they are skilled up, you can, however, have an active counter going at all times. That's pretty sick.

What I've heard from Astaroth players is that you can only have one counter active at a time. Once they are skilled up, you can, however, have an active counter going at all times. That's pretty sick.
That sounds sweet. I'm picturing a team of something like S. Lucifer, Anubis, Baal, Belial (or any tri-color), Siren, S. Lucifer.

SaintR

So no one got Blue Odin this time? =

Boy why do we do this to ourselves...
I caved and pulled as well

Mystic white knight. (No skill-up)

They won't get me again till Chinese god-fest. Then I can pull a mystic stone knight.... :)

Edit: well at least some of us are balancing out some of the misfortune.

Even though Zeus is no longer top dog in his current form, he's still a fantastic monster worth getting. Much better than most monsters you'd spend 5 stones to pull from the REM. He's one of the most versatile monsters in the game and as a leader can pair up with almost any other monster in the game, save for monsters with conflicting leader skills like Goemon. But even if his role as a leader is diminished due to more powerful alternatives, he still makes a great sub member due to his 35% Wrath of God and great stats. Lastly, he's a Pal Points sponge. Due to his great compatibility with tons of different leaders, your Zeus will get a lot of use from other players while you have him in the leader spot.

Don't hesitate. Get a Zeus of your own, today!

Ashodin

Even though Zeus is no longer top dog in his current form, he's still a fantastic monster worth getting. Much better than most monsters you'd spend 5 stones to pull from the REM. He's one of the most versatile monsters in the game and as a leader can pair up with almost any other monster in the game, save for monsters with conflicting leader skills like Goemon. But even if his role as a leader is diminished due to more powerful alternatives, he still makes a great sub member due to his 35% Wrath of God and great stats. Lastly, he's a Pal Points sponge. Due to his great compatibility with tons of different leaders, your Zeus will get a lot of use from other players while you have him in the leader spot.

Don't hesitate. Get a Zeus of your own, today!

If only it were that easy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom