• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asturie

It's about a 30% hit to use off-color when evo'ing. Avoid doing it.

Also, you can sell that gold king for a crazy amount of cash. If you are early on, shouldn't be a problem doing so

Good to know, probably won't sell it because I'm rank 52 sitting with 180k, not really hurting for money. Would prefer to have the exp gain then money right now I think. My main team is a lvl 50 Isis, a lvl 42 Minerva, a 23 Harpie Demon, a Keeper of Woods, and a Dub-mythlit. I also have a keeper of rainbow and a 33 Ice Guardian that I sub in sometimes. I have nothing to spend money on right now and 3 of my monsters are just waiting to be replaced as soon as I get a decent drop to replace them.

KgTh2J2.jpg
LUKfeGk.jpg

Yay for evo material.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Good to know, probably won't sell it because I'm rank 52 sitting with 180k, not really hurting for money. Would prefer to have the exp gain then money right now I think. My main team is a lvl 50 Isis, a lvl 42 Minerva, a 23 Harpie Demon, a Keeper of Woods, and a Dub-mythlit. I also have a keeper of rainbow and a 33 Ice Guardian that I sub in sometimes. I have nothing to spend money on right now and 3 of my monsters are just waiting to be replaced as soon as I get a decent drop to replace them.

Yay for evo material.

Protip - 180k isn't a lot of money when feeding plus eggs. Gold kings are worth the gold vs experience.

Musan

Looks like the Odins will be buffed with bind immunity. Interesting, makes me want a Horus/Ra even more to use them with.

Looks like the Odins will be buffed with bind immunity. Interesting, makes me want a Horus/Ra even more to use them with.
Wait. What? I'm wondering how that would work. Though, I'm glad I decided to start keeping duplicates of good REM monsters in case they ever get dual ultimate forms. I have 2 Blue Odins, but I fed my spare Green one back before I started keeping pairs. They really needed to buff the hell out of the Odins, because they seemed quite lackluster for being Godfest-exclusive monsters.

If bind immunity only affects themselves and works in both leader and sub positions then this would be a new mechanic that GungHo is introducing into the game.

Jiraiza

Can't you make a crap ton of money from weekend dungeons? Unless I'm looking at it wrong, I don't see how you'll ever have money problems.

Can't you make a crap ton of money from weekend dungeons? Unless I'm looking at it wrong, I don't see how you'll ever have money problems.
Once you get to the higher levels (90's), feeding 5 monsters costs ~50k gold. Farming for jewel kings and pengdras then feeding them all at once can be damn expensive. Also, when feeding new +eggs to a monster with a lot already, every +egg involved in the feed costs 1k gold. I need almost 300k when I'm feeding my Horus +eggs.

That said, I run Sea God of Heaven almost exclusively on the weekends and almost never come close to running out of money. The super jewel event is a big exception since I ran each one a bunch and fed them all at the same time. I had to wait for the weekend to feed my last batch.

Some people just don't prioritize having a comfortable gold cushion, and choose to spend their stamina on other dungeons. Then, they only run dungeons for gold when they actually run out. It's a balancing act, especially for people who don't spend stones on stamina refills.

As for the weekend dungeon specifically, when I feel the need to replenish my gold reserves I only run the weekend dungeon during 2x or 1.5x events to maximize my earnings. The Gold Dragon dungeon during 2x King events is great for gold, too. I once made a cool million gold from a single Gold Dragon run that netted me 3 Kings.

Though, the later normal dungeons provide plenty of gold, so I haven't needed to run the weekend dungeon for gold in a very long time.

Yeah, when I did jewel Super Kings, by the third go, I had to sell off my regular kings to have enough money to fuse the others. That was a massive money sink for me. It costs about a million coins to bring a 4-million EXP monster to level 99.

Asturie

So what is the most efficient way to feed mobs? Pendras and then evolve them? Are Ruby/Sapphire/Ect Carbuncles at 30 worth doing at all anymore? I guess dragons would be used to feed towards Pendras?

So what is the most efficient way to feed mobs? Pendras and then evolve them? Are Ruby/Sapphire/Ect Carbuncles at 30 worth doing at all anymore? I guess dragons would be used to feed towards Pendras?
Here's what I do:

-Same color Super King, King, and High metal/gold/jewel dragons go straight in
-Regular metal/gold/jewel dragons sit in my monster box to be used for Pengdra evolution
-Evolved Pengdras go straight in
-Junk monsters go to Pengdras (it only takes about 2500 EXP to max level a Pengdra)

BetaTester

Neo Member
PDX 31 Jul Update
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/

- Dungeon history will show for special dungeons.
- Full event log will now be displayed on the main page.
 ( Thanks again to MisterDrgn@PF for the previous event schedule and Jessica for the event data entry )
- Coins and experience values have been updated for all dungeons.
 ( Thanks UPC for the data entry )
- The previous six Godfests are tracked on the main page.

There may be missing data in the dungeon history and godfest dates/times since they were not previously logged.
Please pm me / Jessica / MisterDrgn if you have proof of a different/additional date.

** This data is essential to provide a full event log to the community of EN version PAD players. Please help as much as you can.

SaintR

God I really did not want to pull at all this godfest. I don't have any odins but I was making due without them. These buffs make me want them....I promise myself I would sink stones only in descended dungeons...ughhh
I had insane luck with the pulls so I know it's time for me to get trolled.

Also realizing you need a green keeper to evolve your Chu a day too late sucks. Wanted to use him in my Horus team for the upcoming dungeons. SOD Lucifer for the win then.

atlantos

Neo Member
I always wonder if 2 x Attack Leader skill works on sub with off colour but have the same secondary colour. For example let say you have mono black team with 4 x Atk for the dark creatures and one of your sub is Dark Minerva, would she still attack with 4 x her atk stat or 4 x multiplier doesn't work for her?

I always wonder if 2 x Attack Leader skill works on sub with off colour but have the same secondary colour. For example let say you have mono black team with 4 x Atk for the dark creatures and one of your sub is Dark Minerva, would she still attack with 4 x her atk stat or 4 x multiplier doesn't work for her?
In your example, Minerva would get the 4x boost to both her primary Fire and secondary Dark attacks. That's indeed one of the benefits of dual elements.

atlantos

Neo Member
In your example, Minerva would get the 4x boost to both her primary Fire and secondary Dark attacks. That's indeed one of the benefits of dual elements.

That's really interesting. Minerva being primary red, I always thought the multipliers only work on the primary colour. I suppose this is how I can set up the multi colour teams to tackle those Samurai Dragons..

So Kirin+Isis+2x max SL heartbreakers is totally a legit strategy for whiskey tricolors. Might be even better with Horus as long as you can survive wave 1 to charge up the heartbreak.

So I was doing a Master run in Tower of Poring when I was surprised to see my helper Zaerog actually activate by the time I got to the boss. I took a look at his Zaerog's monster profile after clearing the dungeon and he actually has a +297 MAX-SKILLED Zaerog. :O

jlR2tYh.png

I messaged him asking what team he used to farm Zaerog, but I haven't received a response.

That's really interesting. Minerva being primary red, I always thought the multipliers only work on the primary colour. I suppose this is how I can set up the multi colour teams to tackle those Samurai Dragons..
Oh definitely. In fact, that's exactly how I beat the Dark Samurai Dragon. I used dual Lucifers with Dark Ceres, Dark Minerva, Dark Venus, and Amon as subs. To qualify for the dungeon you need all 5 elements and those elements must be the primary color on your monsters. But since all those monsters have Dark as a secondary, they all benefited from Lucifers' 4xHP/4xRCV boost.

atlantos

Neo Member
Oh definitely. In fact, that's exactly how I beat the Dark Samurai Dragon. I used dual Lucifers with Dark Ceres, Dark Minerva, Dark Venus, and Amon as subs. To qualify for the dungeon you need all 5 elements and those elements must be the primary color on your monsters. But since all those monsters have Dark as a secondary, they all benefited from Lucifers' 4xHP/4xRCV boost.

Thanks... Now I am regretting not evolving certain creatures in a certain way.

Jagernaut

This wasn't my preferred Godfest but I decided to do a couple of pulls.

1. Cupid - dupe, no skillup on my Angel
2. Blue Odin - pleased with this since I can use him on a Blue Noel grind team or make a 6.25x attack God team with a helper Blue Odin. I have pulled 3 Green Odins since I started playing 6 months ago (used one for a skillup) and I will dual color evolve 1 of each when the option is available.

Decided to stop here before I get gungtrolled.

Raika

Damn, Odins are getting bind resist buffs? Norse godfest = higher chance of Odin? Must not roll. No. Resist the urge. Help me.

Limit

Damn, Odins are getting bind resist buffs? Norse godfest = higher chance of Odin? Must not roll. No. Resist the urge. Help me.

There is a certain Blue Odin sitting inside a golden egg just waiting for you to pull him out of the golden dragon. "Why hasn't Raika rescued me from the shackles of this gold dragon yet, why?"

Stop being a pussy and roll away.

Raika

There is a certain Blue Odin sitting inside a golden egg just waiting for you to pull him out of the golden dragon. "Why hasn't Raika rescued me from the shackles of this gold dragon yet, why?"

Stop being a pussy and roll away.

I'm non-IAP and only have enough stones for one roll. >:

Also you have no idea how much willpower it took to resist rolling and close the app. I was right there at the menu. With GODFEST LIVE tempting me and shit. The sheer amount of willpower required. Man.

Limit

I'm non-IAP and only have enough stones for one roll. >:

Also you have no idea how much willpower it took to resist rolling and close the app. I was right there at the menu. With GODFEST LIVE tempting me and shit. The sheer amount of willpower required. Man.

But I can see a Blue Odin literally crowning out of Golden Dragon's ass with you name written on the egg. Are you really going to pass on this opportunity? Its now or never. You will always get more free stones. This chance to attain blue odin comes only once in a lifetime. Pull the handle.

massoluk

Banned
3 pulls.

Titans (Well, I guess I could use another for Goemon Team)
Highlander (The fuck, just got him days ago)
Succubus. (F You Gungtroll)

Norse Fest my ass.

atlantos

Neo Member
I don't think I am ever going to get any more useful pets from rare egg. 4 rolls:
1 Water Toy Dragon
2 Knight of the Sky
3 Dark Toy Dragon
4 Divinegon

Just wasted my 20 precious stones :( I got 10 more stones... Must resist pulling.

ps. I got all those already.

Kyu

Neo Member
One pull on each account

Genie + atk
Green Odin.

That is my third Green Odin on that account. I now have 5 of them across 2 accounts. What to do with all the six packs?

Dispatch

I had 10 stones saved up and decided to pull for fun... and got an Astaroth, so I'm done. :)
Time to work on my devil team.
When's the next Hera Descended?

Limit

I was super confident about the prospect of zero stoning Zeus with my dual Lucifer team and everything was going smoothly up until I lowered Zeus' life to 35% or so where he started pulling out a move called Super Nova and killing me in one hit. I ended up spending five stones in my attempt to take out Zeus. Anubis was the star of my team as he was doing 111K counter damage for Zeus' normal attacks and 230+K during his Super Nova move.

I was super confident about the prospect of zero stoning Zeus with my dual Lucifer team and everything was going smoothly up until I lowered Zeus' life to 35% or so where he started pulling out a move called Super Nova and killing me in one hit. I ended up spending five stones in my attempt to take out Zeus. Anubis was the star of my team as he was doing 111K counter damage for Zeus' normal attacks and 230+K during his Super Nova move.
The same exact thing happened with me last time Zeus came up. People say it's easy with dual Lucifers, but that's nonsense. What they really mean is dual max-level Lucifers with max-level, powerful subs.

raiot

No, what they say is: Don't cry that you have to waste 1-5 Stones for a Zeus.
Without Lucifer, your chance of getting a Zeus for 5 Stones was only given if:
- You had a friend with a 297 Zeus
- Your Vampire / CDK / Hera / Hera / Echidna Team was max skilled and in its 80s!

No, what they say is: Don't cry that you have to waste 1-5 Stones for a Zeus.
Without Lucifer, your chance of getting a Zeus for 5 Stones was only given if:
- You had a friend with a 297 Zeus
- Your Vampire / CDK / Hera / Hera / Echidna Team was max skilled and in its 80s!
Yeah. Apologies; I didn't mean to come off like dual Lucifer isn't ridiculously good for this (like it is for almost every dungeon in the game right now), but rather that it's not as easy as people make it out to be.

Well...
Never tried Zeus before, went in the 1st time with a 16x horus team without thinking.
Wasted 16 stones... -_-

Went in again, without thinking, with a 24x RaHorus team.
Wasted 11 stones.

Won't bother with this again until I have more team cost or some nicer teams.

Limit

I am looking at upcoming descended dungeon schedule and I can't help but feel that after acquiring Goemon and Valkyrie, which will happen, I will have conquered all that there is to conquer in PAD. There is nothing left aside from leveling up various monsters. And what is the point of leveling up if there is nothing to conquer? Is there any exciting new content on the horizon for PAD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom