• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only it were that easy...
Heh. The last bit was supposed to be tongue-in-cheek, like a closing quote to a big advertisement. It's definitely not a cakewalk for a lot of players. I skipped the first time Zeus came around myself, because I knew I didn't have a team that could clear it with any less than 70 stones. There will be plenty more opportunities for people who can't clear it to snag one at a later time. My little write-up was more aimed toward players who are questioning whether Zeus is worth getting at all. I say if you have a team that can clear it, he's definitely worth a measly 50 stamina and a box space.

Musan

Yeah, Zeus has a lot of utilty, even if the shine has worn off his luster. Just don't put a lot of +eggs into him. I'm looking at whether to get another zeus to 99 so I can feed the one I have with +185 to zaerog.

Kreed

Heh. The last bit was supposed to be tongue-in-cheek, like a closing quote to a big advertisement. It's definitely not a cakewalk for a lot of players. I skipped the first time Zeus came around myself, because I knew I didn't have a team that could clear it with any less than 70 stones. There will be plenty more opportunities for people who can't clear it to snag one at a later time. My little write-up was more aimed toward players who are questioning whether Zeus is worth getting at all. I say if you have a team that can clear it, he's definitely worth a measly 50 stamina and a box space.

Your monster write ups are always useful. I had an Anubis just sitting in my box as a "collector's item", then your posts about Anubis and his attack counter made me reconsider using him and he's been a star on my team against Light bosses/monsters.

massoluk

Banned
Just got Zeus using a Goemon team (subs Red Giant Gigas, Siren, Horus, Echidna). The most difficult parts were stalling during the "mask" round to get Goemon's skills up for rounds 4 and 5, but after that everything was easy. Definitely recommend this team if you have all the members.

Have all but Horus. Can't I substitute him with Hera or something? :(

Pacman2k

Can someone post some successful Egyptian Zeus teams?

I think I have all the components, but I'm not sure, and everything I read on it is Lucifer based and I don't have him.

Thanks.

Your monster write ups are always useful. I had an Anubis just sitting in my box as a "collector's item", then your posts about Anubis and his attack counter made me reconsider using him and he's been a star on my team against Light bosses/monsters.
Glad to hear. This community is one of the things that makes PAD so enjoyable for me. I wouldn't have even tried it out if it weren't for this thread, and I might not be playing it still, or would at least be playing way less, if the community ceased to exist. That includes other communities like the PAD forums that I read but don't participate in, and Beta Tester's awesome Puzzledragonx site. The PAD community really adds to my PAD enjoyment, which is something that copycats like Tower of Saviors can't match, no matter how good of a rip-off it is. I love reading and discussing strategy, and sharing the excitement and disappointment of new monsters, dungeons, REM jackpots and trolls, etc..

Yeah, Zeus has a lot of utilty, even if the shine has worn off his luster. Just don't put a lot of +eggs into him. I'm looking at whether to get another zeus to 99 so I can feed the one I have with +185 to zaerog.
Do it. 195 +eggs are much harder to get than 4 million exp. Zaerog is my next project once I finish Horus I think. Only 69 left! Then Zaerog then Echidna. In fact I may just give Zaerog RCV and give echidna ATK and HP to fill in their respective weaknesses.

If you have Freyr, he goes well in there. Otherwise, if you don't have that, one thing you could get pretty easily is King Bubblie. Its active skill gives you a 3x damage boost for Physical types. Then you can shove in Siegfried or Heaven Neptune to round out your Physical team.

Yay! I can finally post on GAF and since I've lurked this thread so much and I'll make my first one here. Here's my monster box, I have some okay monsters, the Ra and Horus are woefully underleveled because I've neglected them due to my poor combo skills but I'll be feeding the Horus once I max my Neptune.

Anyway, my PAD username is Safs@GAF (it was Blacksafs but I changed to add @GAF) and my ID is 371,231,297.
Welcome!

OTIX

Do it. 195 +eggs are much harder to get than 4 million exp. Zaerog is my next project once I finish Horus I think. Only 69 left! Then Zaerog then Echidna. In fact I may just give Zaerog RCV and give echidna ATK and HP to fill in their respective weaknesses.
I also have quite a few +eggs on Zeus but I'm not so sure they'd be better off on another monster. If I'm using a Horus team for a truly hard dungeon then I'm almost definitely gonna use Zeus as a sub for the gravity and stats. And I've used Zeus quite a bit as a sub for other teams, such as defensive resist teams where his gravity and stats really shine. I've also used him as a leader when I took down mythical Valkyrie, and more recently for SS Zeus and some other hard dungeons. Would the eggs be better on Horus? I don't think so, but it's pretty close. As for Zaerog I definitely wouldn't put eggs on him over Zeus, he's a great everyday farmer but I don't really see his usefulness for descended dungeons at all. Charging 35 rounds in a hard dungeon with a low RCV team and an unconditional multiplier, that's just not realistic. I suppose my max skill Echidna may be the one monster that deserves the eggs more than Zeus, but then it would be harder to use her on a no-RCV Goemon team, if I ever make one of those.

So I read somewhere that after +99 on a stat, + eggs will still raise the stat but not the counter. I'm not even anywhere close to being able to test this, but can anyone confirm?

As for Zaerog I definitely wouldn't put eggs on him over Zeus, he's a great everyday farmer but I don't really see his usefulness for descended dungeons at all. Charging 35 rounds in a hard dungeon with a low RCV team and an unconditional multiplier, that's just not realistic.
I agree with you that Zaerog is difficult to use as a leader in descended dungeons, even with +297 stats. It's mostly hurt by using ADKs and CDKs as sub members, since they have shitty stats. Even with my Zaerog at +297 and all the other party members including helper being max leveled, I don't break 15K HP, and RCV is crappy. And with its unconditional 3.5x ATK boost, it's almost impossible to stall and charge without killing everything.

However, I'm actually using both my +297 Zaerog and my +297 Zeus as subs on my SoD Lucifer team to farm Zeus today. It's working great and I'm 5 for 5 on successful runs. So, Zaerog can still work great as a sub for descended dungeons, even if he's difficult to lead with.

ZeroAKA

Dumb question: do the Rare Egg Machine carnivals increase the chances of certain monsters to drop, or do they only make it so that those monsters drop at level 30?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Will blue Odin be a useful starter after the buff?

I just got one and am wondering if I should keep on re-rollin.

Will blue Odin be a useful starter after the buff?

I just got one and am wondering if I should keep on re-rollin.
Blue Odin won't really shine until late game, unfortunately. In the beginning of the game, he is actually more a liability for you because his leader skill affects gods (and now blue monsters, too, at least), which you probably don't have and won't get for a while, and his team cost is really high. Even if you were to get other gods right off the bat, you probably won't have the team cost to use them.

Green Odin, on the other hand, is a different story. He'll make you basically invincible for the early-through-mid game. Then his usefulness wanes a bit, but he's still usable for a lot of things.

It's probably best not to rely on the buff happening, as we have no ETA or even confirmation on that at all right now.

OTIX

So I read somewhere that after +99 on a stat, + eggs will still raise the stat but not the counter. I'm not even anywhere close to being able to test this, but can anyone confirm?
I'm pretty sure we would have heard about it. I believe George Claw put more than 297 into his Zaerog so he can probably confirm.

Dumb question: do the Rare Egg Machine carnivals increase the chances of certain monsters to drop, or do they only make it so that those monsters drop at level 30?
Yes it also increases the drop chance.

Yay! I can finally post on GAF and since I've lurked this thread so much and I'll make my first one here. Here's my monster box, I have some okay monsters, the Ra and Horus are woefully underleveled because I've neglected them due to my poor combo skills but I'll be feeding the Horus once I max my Neptune.

Anyway, my PAD username is Safs@GAF (it was Blacksafs but I changed to add @GAF) and my ID is 371,231,297.

awesome man. welcome! added you.

I'm pretty sure we would have heard about it. I believe George Claw put more than 297 into his Zaerog so he can probably confirm.
Yes, I fed over a dozen extra +RCV into my Zaerog because I cannibalized 2 other monsters that already had a bunch of +stats pumped into them. I never thought to check if it heals more than its max 47 RCV, though. I can test it later after I clear the Zeus run that I'm in.

J0dy77

Welcome. Get working on that Horus. Just have to keep practicing, the more you level and play with him the more you'll love the play-style.

So now that I have Zeus, is it possible to run Valk with the same Ra/Horus team? Took 4 stones for Zeus

Everything on PDX uses either a Zeus or Lucy lead. I could do the Gabe led team...but don't really want to take 2 hours

SaintR

Welcome. Get working on that Horus. Just have to keep practicing, the more you level and play with him the more you'll love the play-style.
Agree with Jody. Horus adds a lot of variety to the gameplay. Soon it'll become much easier and what you will start having trouble with is just stalling and not actually comboing.

So now that I have Zeus, is it possible to run Valk with the same Ra/Horus team? Took 4 stones for Zeus

Everything on PDX uses either a Zeus or Lucy lead. I could do the Gabe led team...but don't really want to take 2 hours
Are you planning to run Legend or Mythical? I put up one of the Legend teams, but it's with a Luci lead. Mythical is way the hell harder and seems impossible for me right now.

Kreed

Without some sort of damage multiplier (Freyr, King Bubblie, CoC Flame Archer, Phoenix) I don't think you could kill Zeus before Echidna's delay wore off even with Hera unless you got really lucky with orbs.

Yes, I fed over a dozen extra +RCV into my Zaerog because I cannibalized 2 other monsters that already had a bunch of +stats pumped into them. I never thought to check if it heals more than its max 47 RCV, though. I can test it later after I clear the Zeus run that I'm in.
Update:

I entered a dungeon with only my 47 RCV Zaerog and a 0 RCV Ares helper. I did a single match of 3 Heart orbs and only healed 47HP. So, myth busted.

Oh for sure, I've seen videos of Horus teams and been very jealous, but I've also been lazy about combo practicing, but once he's evolved and leveled I'll start practicing.
Welcome! I sent you an invite. Don't feel the need to wait to evolve Horus to use him. With 12/16/24 x damage, you can make up most of the damage with strong subs. I usually don't have any issues using the lower level Horus friends while farming.

Pacman2k

Welp just got my Zeus with typical 2x Horus team.

4 stones total, 2 on chimeras, 2 on Zeus (because Orochi wasn't charged when I got there.)

Net cost of 3 stones for a Zeus, notbad.jpg.

Looking forward to Valkyrie. I haven't had the chance to snag one of those yet.

So yesterday for the godfest, I had enough stones saved up and bought a few more to have enough for 5 rolls.

I got Thor(lv 30) and Fallen Angel Lucifer(lv 4). Pretty pumped. I'm not too far into the game(I'm a Rank 49, my newest dungeon is the Tower of Flare), so these two should help me a bunch.

J0dy77

Poring Tower is getting to be an obnoxious waste of stamina. I'm getting 1 poring per 25 stamina if I'm lucky. The drop rate is awful. I may take a break until the bring a 2x drop rate for the dungeon (if we're even going to see 2x).

Poring Tower is getting to be an obnoxious waste of stamina. I'm getting 1 poring per 25 stamina if I'm lucky. The drop rate is awful. I may take a break until the bring a 2x drop rate for the dungeon (if we're even going to see 2x).

Yeah...i'm lucky if I get 2/3 and something other than ghost. good thing is MOST of the drops are useful from than dungeon, save for the godforsaken Woodsie. Waiting for 2x as well. Hoping for some mythlits today

I have managed to max skill my Gigas, Berserk (after 20 something blue porings), and Chu chu (because Gungho knows I do not have a green team)

I have gotten 3 skill ups on masterling (a use for all those Woodsies), 3 skill ups on CoC Healer (figure I would be more likely to use her for orb changing before Angelion), 0 skill ups on Vamp Lord Duke (he only needs one more for max skill), and 2 skill ups on Valk.

Other than tuesday when I went through rainbow keeper twice (need rainbow keepers for Berserk's ulti evo) and Pengdra village yesterday, I have been running expert Poring tower non-stop.

I will continue until I get that Valk Maxed... Since I am not descending, it gives me something worthwhile to do. and 9x Healer team, with King Shinee makes Masterling go down quick.

looks like you're having better luck than i am. I think i went 1 for 10-12 today with skillups

0 for Chu
0 for Berserk
0 for Vamp
0 for Lilith
0 for Gigas
1 for Shardran (fuckin great)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I have managed to max skill my Gigas, Berserk (after 20 something blue porings), and Chu chu (because Gungho knows I do not have a green team)

I have gotten 3 skill ups on masterling (a use for all those Woodsies), 3 skill ups on CoC Healer (figure I would be more likely to use her for orb changing before Angelion), 0 skill ups on Vamp Lord Duke (he only needs one more for max skill), and 2 skill ups on Valk.

Other than tuesday when I went through rainbow keeper twice (need rainbow keepers for Berserk's ulti evo) and Pengdra village yesterday, I have been running expert Poring tower non-stop.

I will continue until I get that Valk Maxed... Since I am not descending, it gives me something worthwhile to do. and 9x Healer team, with King Shinee makes Masterling go down quick.

Yup. No need to descend this time, which is REALLY nice.

SaintR

Since I plan on getting Valk no matter what this time around. How painful leveling her up with off color feed? I'm sure there aren't any gold dragons coming for a bit and I want her for Hera.

Since I plan on getting Valk no matter what this time around. How painful leveling her up with off color feed? I'm sure there aren't any gold dragons coming for a bit and I want her for Hera.

they damn well better give us gold dragons. I think we've had Pengdra Village twice in a row now w/o golds? I'm sitting on quite a few that need some gold dragons to evo. Now with Zeus, Ra, and (hopefully) Valk...need that gold xp!

they damn well better give us gold dragons. I think we've had Pengdra Village twice in a row now w/o golds? I'm sitting on quite a few that need some gold dragons to evo. Now with Zeus, Ra, and (hopefully) Valk...need that gold xp!

It's painful...Super metals help, and since kings and supers are in the pal machine, make sure you use them all.

I am hoping for Golds to come on sunday, last few times they have shown up that was the day (with Super Metal being tomorrow)

Kreed

Master has a much better drop rate than Expert, but unfortunately if you need slimes you have to stick to Expert since they don't appear in Master and you may also get Demons instead of porings on Master.

J0dy77

Master has a much better drop rate than Expert, but unfortunately if you need slimes you have to stick to Expert since they don't appear in Master and you may also get Demons instead of porings on Master.

I ran Master a couple times just to see how I did, I ended up with all demons and the same 1 poring. Probably bad luck but for double the stamina it's hard to justify missing the opportunity to skill up Titans.

Limit

Looks like Gold dragons are scheduled for tomorrow, so that's good. But unless I specifically am in need for baby dragons for porings I don't even bother with dragon dungeons these days. For today I had stamina to spare so I spent 120 stamina running the metal dragon dungeon and got exactly one King metal dragon. That's it.

Gungho needs to retool this category of dungeons and make King X dragon the final boss in the fifth floor. In its current state these dungeons feel like a total waste of stamina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom