• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raika

Did 3 metal dragon runs. 4 king sightings, 3 drops. I complained because I was farming for the little guys to evolve my pengdra. :/

Sometimes my luck can be downright shitty, most of the time it's awesome in a way I don't really care for (I'm sorry :p).

ccbfan

Geez just went on an amazing run with skill ups.

4/10 on my Lilith
4/8 on my berserk (Including a 3/5 for one)
3/7 on my valk

Then right after that went 0/10 of random stuff (Inluding 0/2 Cu though :().

Amazingly my cu which been feed the most porings has the lowest skill level. (1/12)

Dispatch

After pulling Astaroth, I started thinking about making a Devil team. However, other than being a Devil leader, what are her major benefits? Is it the counter attack? The dual color?
I'd love some feedback on how best to use her.

So nothing special today, but tomorrow GungHo is dropping Goemon, 2x Porings, and Gold Dragons on the same day? After dropping Zeus and Pengdra Village on Plant day? They're really trying to get people to spend those stones. Unfortunately, I won't have much time to play tomorrow. We'll at least get another 2x Poring day next weekend, but I really wanted to get some skill-ups for Goemon.

I didn't get to farm Zeus as much as I wanted yesterday and only went 1/8 on skill-ups. I wonder how many Zeus it's taken some players to max him out.

Looks like Gold dragons are scheduled for tomorrow, so that's good. But unless I specifically am in need for baby dragons for porings I don't even bother with dragon dungeons these days. For today I had stamina to spare so I spent 120 stamina running the metal dragon dungeon and got exactly one King metal dragon. That's it.

Gungho needs to retool this category of dungeons and make King X dragon the final boss in the fifth floor. In its current state these dungeons feel like a total waste of stamina.

it's hit'n'miss, just like everything else. You'll hear someone say they had 5 drops in 3 runs and the next person say 0 in 5 runs. RNG be RNG, usually seems to a mass average of 1 per run.

Limit

it's hit'n'miss, just like everything else. You'll hear someone say they had 5 drops in 3 runs and the next person say 0 in 5 runs. RNG be RNG, usually seems to a mass average of 1 per run.

Sure RNG is gonna RNG, but I still believe these dragon dungeons are horribly imbalanced. Just look at keeper of ____ dungeons. Ok gold payout, low exp, and the keeper drop rates are great even during non X2 time periods. Dragons dungeons in contrast have horrible exp and gold payout and the King dragon drops are so iffy because their even mere appearance is not a guarantee. The high dragon needs to be replaced by a king dragon in the fifth stage of these dungeons.

Sure RNG is gonna RNG, but I still believe these dragon dungeons are horribly imbalanced. Just look at keeper of ____ dungeons. Ok gold payout, low exp, and the keeper drop rates are great even during non X2 time periods. Dragons dungeons in contrast have horrible exp and gold payout and the King dragon drops are so iffy because their even mere appearance is not a guarantee. The high dragon needs to be replaced by a king dragon in the fifth stage of these dungeons.

Not a very good comparison.

Keeper of Color drop rate is 100%, or damn close to it, even on non-x2 days. Unless you mean Rainbow Keeper, which is not a guaranteed drop on non-x2 drop days.

Better comparison would be plant dungeon on non-x2 days....it's pretty shitty trying to get plants and could be termed 'horribly imbalanced'. One thing we can agree on is their RNG is just horribly imbalanced.

Limit

Not a very good comparison.

Keeper of Color drop rate is 100%, or damn close to it, even on non-x2 days. Unless you mean Rainbow Keeper, which is not a guaranteed drop on non-x2 drop days.

Better comparison would be plant dungeon on non-x2 days....it's pretty shitty trying to get plants and could be termed 'horribly imbalanced'. One thing we can agree on is their RNG is just horribly imbalanced.

In what sense what I said is a bad comparison? Keeper dungeons and dragon dungeons are both comparable in that they are both special dungeons designed specifically for farming one monster. And I am saying that the dragon dungeons are horribly imbalanced compared to keeper dungeon drop rates and there ought to be at least one close to guarantee king dragon drop for the former.

If you are assuming that the only useful mob out of the dragon dungeon is the King, then you would be more right. But that isn't the case, all 3 drops are useful...whereas Keeper only has one mob thats useful that has a damn high drop rate on normal days.

Also, it's increase King appearance rate, not drop rate. If a King shows up with a high or low...his ass isn't dropping. Only if he shows by himself.

raiot

I could have farmed Zeus, 0 stoned him with my Goemon team, but i had no time yesterday ... :( (Goemon, Echidna max skill, Phoenix, King Bubbly, Red Giant Gigas, Goemon)

I really want to skill up Goemon, whats your Goemon fast farm team George?

SaintR

Looks like Gold dragons are scheduled for tomorrow, so that's good. But unless I specifically am in need for baby dragons for porings I don't even bother with dragon dungeons these days. For today I had stamina to spare so I spent 120 stamina running the metal dragon dungeon and got exactly one King metal dragon. That's it.

Gungho needs to retool this category of dungeons and make King X dragon the final boss in the fifth floor. In its current state these dungeons feel like a total waste of stamina.

Lol just as I posted about leveling up Valk...
Now ill blow through my light pengdras and hoard gold dragons for the next one

I have a hypothesis that drop rates decay if you camp a dungeon for a long time. On many an occasion, I've entered a dungeon to use up stamina and then turned off the game to come back to it after several hours, and then I'll get jack shit from the dungeon.

I know that the drops are predetermined when you enter a dungeon, but yeah.

Does 2x Attr and 2x Healer ATK from one leader stack on same attribute healers in your party?

Meaning:

Leader Skill: 2x Wood ATK, 2x Healer ATK

Does the Wood healer get 2x or 4x ATK?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I wish Healer Girls had more health. It's disgusting how little health the standard setup has...

Also, I wonder if GungHo knows something we don't. A majority of the descended dungeons require either 2xSoD Luci or Horus/Ra Egyptian combinations (H/H, H/R, R/R). You can SOMETIMES luck box a resist team, but often times, well, you can't. I wonder if there ARE other team comps out there that can reliably down Zeus/Valk/Satan/etc.

mercviper

Does 2x Attr and 2x Healer ATK from one leader stack on same attribute healers in your party?

Meaning:

Leader Skill: 2x Wood ATK, 2x Healer ATK

Does the Wood healer get 2x or 4x ATK?

There isn't a single leader skill that creates this situation in the first place, so who knows.

Edit: Ok maybe there are some, like 2x ATK for light/water monsters. But in that case any dual color light/water monsters only get 2x from that sole leader's skill.

On the other hand, if you have 2 different leaders, one that provides 2x wood ATK and one that provides 2x healer ATK, then yes, any wood healers you have would gain 4x ATK

I wish Healer Girls had more health. It's disgusting how little health the standard setup has...

Also, I wonder if GungHo knows something we don't. A majority of the descended dungeons require either 2xSoD Luci or Horus/Ra Egyptian combinations (H/H, H/R, R/R). You can SOMETIMES luck box a resist team, but often times, well, you can't. I wonder if there ARE other team comps out there that can reliably down Zeus/Valk/Satan/etc.

They had to have known Lucy was OP when they dropped him in. Epic active skill and a super defensive leader skill? Come on. Shouldn't have a HP and RCV multiplier.

2xLucy is pretty much the only thing you can 0 stone descended dungeons with right? Egyptian teams require too much luck to be consistent.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
They had to have known Lucy was OP when they dropped him in. Epic active skill and a super defensive leader skill? Come on. Shouldn't have a HP and RCV multiplier.

2xLucy is pretty much the only thing you can 0 stone descended dungeons with right? Egyptian teams require too much luck to be consistent.

Unless you're rolling a Tubegame team, I'd venture to say yes.

Limit

S2ERVmt.jpg

Cels

i am pretty new to this, OP says not to use magic stones during carnivals but godfests.

right now it says the rare egg event is "torches of hellfire" so i'm assuming that's not a godfest and i should still save my magic stones?

I really want to skill up Goemon, whats your Goemon fast farm team George?
I actually haven't even considered what team I'd use to farm Goemon, yet. I was so busy the first time his dungeon came around, I was only able to get a single run in, and I forgot what team I used. I'll probably take a look at the dungeon layout later today, and see if I can come up with a farm team.

Looking at the suggested teams on Puzzledragonx, they're all resist and/or HP/RCV multiplier defensive teams. So, no fast farm teams.

On paper, S. Lucifer doesn't look that good. My guess is they figured that he'd be balanced by having low attack power, a long wait time on his leader skill (which can't reliably be skilled up), and the active skill dropping your HP to 1 and voiding any benefit from his HP multiplier leader skill.

Once it got into players' hands, though, none of those things mattered all that much in the long run.

Yaari

I actually haven't even considered what team I'd use to farm Goemon, yet. I was so busy the first time his dungeon came around, I was only able to get a single run in, and I forgot what team I used. I'll probably take a look at the dungeon layout later today, and see if I can come up with a farm team.

Looking at the suggested teams on Puzzledragonx, they're all resist and/or HP/RCV multiplier defensive teams. So, no fast farm teams.

Are you guys going for Mythical or Legendary? Legendary is an annoying gamble with its 40% drop but Mythical was really ugly last time I tried. I could not even break those Ninja's on the first stage.

Also, it's increase King appearance rate, not drop rate. If a King shows up with a high or low...his ass isn't dropping. Only if he shows by himself.
Not sure if you're just exaggerating or not. This is a good attitude to take to avoid disappointment, but the kings have pretty much the same chance to drop as the other dragons on screen.

It looks like some people have succeeded using 4/2/2 teams -- hermes / i&i. That would probably be pretty fast.

Are you guys going for Mythical or Legendary? Legendary is an annoying gamble with its 40% drop but Mythical was really ugly last time I tried. I could not even break those Ninja's on the first stage.
I only bother with Mythical besides completing Legendary for the stone. A guaranteed drop for the same stamina is a no-brainer if you have the team for it.

It looks like some people have succeeded using 4/2/2 teams -- hermes / i&i. That would probably be pretty fast.
So, Hermes + Gabriel leaders? I have a max Hermes, but no Gabriel, so I'd have to rely on friends for that. Even if I had the time to actually farm tomorrow, I wonder how many Gabriels will be available on my friend list. I don't often see it used, but people may pull it out for Goemon. We'll see. I still haven't explored my options yet, but thanks for the suggestion.

edit: Oh I see you put Hermes an I&I. I always think of 4/2/2 as HP/ATK/RCV since that's the order on the stats screen.

Scratch

Anyone running quad resist for goemon? I'll be running my max skill giga drill breaker super shark megoladran tomorrow

Also looking for people with the red green toy dragon :D

Looking for some insight. Would this team possibly be able to do Hera?

http://www.padherder.com/user/pix/teams/1253/

If it looks sketchy, could I make any adjustments using other monsters I have? http://www.padherder.com/user/pix/#tttttttttt
It's viable, but you will be hurting for hearts especially during the gear check rounds and on the bosses with 1cd. Since you're geared towards survival I'd replace the Vamp Lord with another heart maker.

Make sure you bring in an Odin with enough HP for you to survive Hades too.

Not sure if you're just exaggerating or not. This is a good attitude to take to avoid disappointment, but the kings have pretty much the same chance to drop as the other dragons on screen.

Wasn't trying to exaggerate. I seriously can't remember the last time i've had a King drop that appeared with other dragons. I usually assume he isn't going to drop.

So, here's the team I think I'm using for tomorrow:

Lvl 37 Busty Flare Drall
lvl 66 B/W Hades
lvl 38 Awoken Hera
lvl 48 B/G Ceres
lvl 28 Lilith WOTN
Friend's SOD Luci

I was trying to raise my blue team to a good level for the encounter, but its just not there yet. I feel like this team should do fine, though. It's pretty heavy on boss-burst damage for Goemon, despite being a resist team.

So here's the team I'm thinking of running for Goemon Mythical. The Jester Dragon is maxed skill. I contemplated using Amon or Abyss Neptune, but I like Echidna's emergency button skill. And after calculating, I found I don't even need the extra damage from Amon or Neptune. Activating both Gravities and Lucifers brings Goemon's HP down to 1,121,581 HP. That's still over 240K HP above his 25% Coin Throw threshold, which should give me some breathing room to recharge all my skills. Echidna allows me 3 turns to get off both Lucifer activations and still have a full turn to heal after. Then, it's just charge and heal for 35 turns, and both Gravities and Lucifers are enough to kill Goemon even if you don't do any damage for those entire 35 turns.

6JCAskK.png

I saw the I&I + Hermes team listed on the PAD wiki, but that was for Legendary difficulty. It doesn't have enough HP to survive a Mythical Ninja Fireworks, and can barely survive a coin throw.

Goemon, Zeus, and Egyptian teams should all still work, too, but aren't as safe of course. I might try out a Goemon team and see how that works out. I use Goemon to farm SS Zeus regularly, but I've been hosed a few times by getting unavoidable Heart match drops on the sub bosses and no way to bring my HP back down below 20%. The team above isn't susceptible to such bad luck. Though, now that I think about it, maybe I'll try replacing Echidna on my Goemon team with Lucifer as an emergency button to instantly bring my HP down to 1. It'll just make it harder to stall.

My Dark team just needs a Hera and/or Hades and some leveling but my Green Team for monocolor dungeons has some pretty great leaders. Never spent a dime on crystals. I'm having a hard time maxing my guys though. The grind bores me.

Limit

First time attempting Goemon legend, first time Goemon get. This is the first descended dungeon where with my SoD lucifer team the whole dungeon felt like a cakewalk. Zero stoned it too. I will attempt mythical some other time when my Lucifer team is maxed out. Right now the only other big descended dungeon challenge on the horizon is Valkyrie. She will be mine, in time.

Good luck to all the first-timers hunting Goemon today. My goal is to get 1 skill-up for him today.

Was elated to get this out of the way, though. The Gung-Troll was kind to me yesterday:
By0PJfsl.jpg

I just ran Goemon Mythical with the team I listed above. It was super easy. I didn't even need to activate Jester Dragon's Light to Heart skill once throughout the entire dungeon. But I still like the Jester as extra insurance. Goemon never had a chance to use Coin Throw, since his life never went below 25% before I activated Echidna for the final team kill. And it's super easy to charge your skills on the sub boss Mitsuki, so don't bother to charge them in the earlier rounds, since the Ninjas are way more dangerous than she is. You're more likely to die to the Ninjas than the two bosses. Just kill them as quickly as possible, because the damage will quickly add up, even with 55K HP and 4x RCV. On Mitsuki, use all your Gravity and Lucifer skills to get her down to about 250K HP. Then just grind her out while you charge your skills, but don't use any more offensive skills to kill her. On Goemon, don't use your skills until the second turn, after Goemon uses Ninja Fireworks. Then it's activate all your skills. Survive until they're all charged up again, then activate them all for the kill. Pretty straight forward. Jester and Echidna should be plenty to stay alive.

After playing through the dungeon, I think a Goemon team would have difficulty farming it. The Ninjas hit hard every turn and have high defense. It would be difficult to consistently manage to get below the 20% HP threshold without getting killed, especially since you can't predict what countdown timers the Ninjas will appear with. Add to that the need to charge skills without killing everything or dying, and I just don't see a Goemon team being consistent enough. But that's just my initial thought. I don't know if anyone else has been consistently successful with it.

On the other hand, Zeus and the Egyptians are still viable with skillful play.

First time attempting Goemon legend, first time Goemon get. This is the first descended dungeon where with my SoD lucifer team the whole dungeon felt like a cakewalk. Zero stoned it too. I will attempt mythical some other time when my Lucifer team is maxed out. Right now the only other big descended dungeon challenge on the horizon is Valkyrie. She will be mine, in time.
Congrats!

Edit: ^^^ That's beautiful TLR!

I'll be putting up my lvl 91 Gabe in a bit today if people want him for Geomon. Not sure I'll run him today, I havn't been able to put a team together with him yet so don't want to waste the stamina on trying for skillups.

Plenty of other dungeons to get trolled in.

Yaari

Im just running Legendary. Pretty horrible results. I've gotten the Chest like 8 times now. Only 4 Goemon. But no choice, I can't pass Mythical even though I got the team for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom