• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raika

Man, it's depressing to watch people clear descends safely by just tanking with mono-dark, while I can't do anything with my Horus team due to not having the ideal subs. When will I finally get to nuke everything without worrying about getting OHKO'd, I wonder. Sigh.

I swear, Puzzle & Dragons should be renamed to Will-I-Hit-That-HP-Threshold & Dragons.

I wasn't going to farm Goemon today, but I did need to run legend to get the stone. I ran a 2/4/2 (Hermes/I&I) team with Orochi, Siegfried, Siren, FKK. Had about 25k HP. Overall it wasn't too bad. Couldn't kill Goemon before force ran out, but he didn't bind both leaders so I was ok. Came away with the drop, the stone and a bonus +egg. Pretty happy in spite of the lack of skill up.

Pacman2k

Just breezed through Legendary Goemon with this team:

67 Gabriel
65 Sieg
50 Kamui
55 Water Mech
61 Siren
Max I&I

Got the drop finally. 5 clears last time he was here and nothing, but was nowhere near this easy last time.

Run took maybe 15-20 minutes tops. 4x RCV is just so nice, recovery from any hit was a easy 3-4x combo away.

Jiraiza

Man, it's depressing to watch people clear descends safely by just tanking with mono-dark, while I can't do anything with my Horus team due to not having the ideal subs. When will I finally get to nuke everything without worrying about getting OHKO'd, I wonder. Sigh.

I swear, Puzzle & Dragons should be renamed to Will-I-Hit-That-HP-Threshold & Dragons.

It's more like Lucifer & Friends imo. I still don't understand why Lucifer of all Archangels gets such an amazing active ability. If anything, all of them should get a respective 300k attack of their respective element.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
It's more like Lucifer & Friends imo. I still don't understand why Lucifer of all Archangels gets such an amazing active ability. If anything, all of them should get a respective 300k attack of their respective element.

Luci is really broken. I wish I had him on my main. I have him and Hades on my spare account, but I don't play it because I don't want to spend money on a second account.

Took one run at legendary and got my drop. Fed to goemon and got my skill-up. I fulfilled my pad goal for the day. Anything else now is me playing with house money.

Don't think my team is strong enough to tank through mystical, though. I'll be better prepared next time around.

dhjMzqT.jpg

Thank you three days of uninterrupted 2x drop/skillup

It's kinda too bad GungHo would have angry whales at their throats if they ever tried to nerd Lucifer. Instead all thy can really do is come up with increasingly convoluted boss dungeons that directly counter Lucifer, which I don't think has happened yet.

lenni

It's kinda too bad GungHo would have angry whales at their throats if they ever tried to nerd Lucifer. Instead all thy can really do is come up with increasingly convoluted boss dungeons that directly counter Lucifer, which I don't think has happened yet.

It would be really easy, though. Just have bosses that have a ~5% or less counter ability. I imagine that could be a really fun mechanic, but might be hard to balance to not render gravity monsters useless, too.

What exactly are the porings for? I had a few drop and i'm not sure what to do with them. are they for feeding or something worth leveling?

Porings give decent exp to same coloured monsters, but the real reason people farm them is because they skill up the "heartbreaker" monsters. Seigfried, chuchu lain, and Valkyrie.

The exp really is decent though, which makes it better.

2/5 skill ups on valk today. Only two left...

pix

Does anyone have a SoD Lucifer thats high level I could use for Goemon? Looking for level 70+ preferably.

Edit: My Friend ID is 353,755,205

ccbfan

Had some fantastic luck with Valk for this event.

Feed her 5 and got 2 levels ups (which is exactly how much I needed to max skill her)

Making the total of 5/12 for this event and 6/15 overall.

Not sure what I'm gonna do with the orange porings now though since I still need to max berserk and cu(been having terrible luck with Cu)

Might try to get another valk on monday since I need two valks anyways. Any strats for legend valk that does not include having my own Lucifer/Horus/Ra?

Colby

With 2x, is Expert or Master better bang for your buck? I've got a max'd Siegfried and one away from max Chu Chu, so I don't need those, if that matters. I've also got 31 guys ready for Valk when I catch her.

razterik

Expert seems far and away better unless you want the red poring. It's so nice to have that last standing poring drop every time compared to non-2x. Max skilled all my heartbreakers in 3 stones and 1 level up. Trying to decide if I want to go back for the CoC Healer, 2nd Vamp and 2nd Gigas. Oh yeah, 2nd Valk too. Yep, going back in.

So here's my dilemma: Great Valkyrie is now at max level, and I most likely won't be able to get the materials for Evo Fusion before the 2x Skill Up event is over. Should I drop in my yellow porings now and ditch the EXP? Or should I wait on it? My current thought is to wait, gather what I can, and then use them on the next event. Thoughts?

Also, I have level 99 SoD Lucifer if you guys need it: 346,435,299

If you don't have a @GAF tag, just PM me your name (or, better yet, message me in the game and let me know you're from GAF), and I'll add you. Otherwise, I might not, unless we're close in level and you have something awesome up, since I get tons of random requests.

Colby

So here's my dilemma: Great Valkyrie is now at max level, and I most likely won't be able to get the materials for Evo Fusion before the 2x Skill Up event is over. Should I drop in my yellow porings now and ditch the EXP? Or should I wait on it? My current thought is to wait, gather what I can, and then use them on the next event. Thoughts?

If you don't have a @GAF tag, just PM me your name (or, better yet, message me in the game and let me know you're from GAF), and I'll add you. Otherwise, I might not, unless we're close in level and you have something awesome up, since I get tons of random requests.
I would wait. That's a lot of exp to throw away.

razterik

Save 'em if you got the space. That 15k light exp is nice. If you don't have room, just cut your losses and fuse them anyway. The skill ups are far more difficult to come by than the exp in the end.

I had the same situation with my Valk and fused them into her when Max LV and regretted it. The only reason why you should fuse them into her now is if you have a real burning desire to max skill her before Poring Tower rotates out and will spend stones to guarantee so.

J0dy77

2x drops are awesome. Gonna burn a good amount of stones to get some skillups!

I've been running it a ton and was doing well and then the game broke. I've fed at least 30 poring/blobs without one single skill up. It's pissing me off.

Something clearly changed, this isn't normal.

I've been running it a ton and was doing well and then the game broke. I've fed at least 30 poring/blobs without one single skill up. It's pissing me off.

Something clearly changed, this isn't normal.
Truly makes you wonder.

I beat Goemon today, got the drop. Real rocky start...need to get my hands on a moon dragon/ Loki ASAP. But it's all done for now, yippee!

Well, you guys convinced me to run Poring Tower a bunch. In addition to a ton of porings I don't need I managed to catch 8 blue ones and get 2 more skillups on Siegfried. I'm only one away from max, but I'm burnt out for now. Maybe I'll finish it later this week before the event ends.

Max skilled my valk last night, so all my main heartbreakers are max skilled (also got that last skill up on Vamp duke yesterday as well)

I'm close to max on shardra, and CoC healer, and at 0 with Farlion, so I might still run expert for exp and stuff next week, but the big thing has been accomplished.

Oh and on my last poring run I finally had angelring show up, (probably run poring tower 50+ times this week between expert and master.

Yaari

Finally managed to beat King of Gods with a Goemon team. Pretty happy about that. I've been wanting to be able to farm that stage for a long time during weekends.

Ok, I failed a few times, but my team is not even maxed, so I think I did pretty well. Only stage that troubled me was 8, you are supposed to clear that with 2x Red but due to my underleveled team, it takes more effort. I should get some levels so that I won't get issues with that.

J0dy77

Spent three stones and one level up last night on poring tower. I was able to max Chu Chu, Valk is at turn 6 and Siegfried is at turn 7. Brutal luck with the skillups but ill take it and try to max during 2x event next week. I was also able to max a second vampire, max megalodron and get some levels into my titans as well.

The decent experience you get from the porings helps as well. Was able to get Valk to 96 and Chu to 92. Definitely worth the stones.

Edit: almost forgot, fuck big woodsie with that sarcastic freaking smile.

i guess that's fair enough. When I ran master I was still only getting 2-3 porings + devils. At least with the slimes you can level up the toy dragons, Titans, Sirens, Vamp, etc.

Limit

I am strongly considering spending stones for running Super metal dragon dungeon. I have never spent stones for the sake of leveling up my monsters but SoD Lucifer barely levels up with normal monsters. He needs them supers.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
i guess that's fair enough. When I ran master I was still only getting 2-3 porings + devils. At least with the slimes you can level up the toy dragons, Titans, Sirens, Vamp, etc.

I actually forgot about my toys and Titans. I probably SHOULD run Expert more. My bad (good call!).

That being said, what the hell do I do with Porings?

OTIX

Just evod Zaerog and pumped him to lvl 50 and he still has less ATK than he did before the evo. :S

14 light pengdras are clogging up my box but I couldn't do gold dragons yesterday, only one time sucks bad. Not like I could ask my sister to reschedule her wedding.

2x porings were great though, managed to max Valk, Cu Chu, Mastering and Lilith, even got an extra skillup on my second Valk. Siegfried and Angelion still need 2 each but there's plenty of time. By the way, it's useless to me but the only Angeling I've gotten came from the lowest difficulty.

I thought MFK dungeon was gonna be on 2x drop today.

It will be starting at noon Pacific time.

Japan just started the new rotation of biweekly dragons, and there's a new skillup mob in there too. We will probably see this dungeon in about 1-2 months.

Fire Mystery Dragon (no Water orbs)

Eb4DSio.png

No. 787-788 Minotaur
Active: Miracle of Fire (same as Uriel)
Leader: Soul of Fire (1.5x ATK/RCV to Fire att.)

TAWy2bC.png

No. 782 Mystery Megalith Dragon Baalberk
Active: Wisdom of the Ancients (leader swap)
Leader: Mystery of the Flamelith (3x ATK to Fire att. when HP below 50%)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom