• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having no luck on flame knights today. 6 runs and no drops. Not sure if I'm gonna spend a stone to run it. I'm already gonna be spending plenty on super metals. It's really gonna hurt using 3 supers just to evolve Zaerog.

lenni

I don't even really want to max my Phoenix Knight, as I never use it, but I had some stamina left and ran it 3 times. Had 4 knights drop and got 2 skill ups. Man, it's always the stuff you don't care about.

mercviper

lol so I was gearing up to farm a lot of MFKs after my super dragons today since my farm last weekend went something close to 2/20 for skillups. So I fed him 2 more knights I got on one run and went 2/2 for max skill. whoo. Now I can use the rest of my exp for Sea God of Heaven today after Super Kings are done.

Other trolls this weekend:

I got 4/5 skillups on Lillith to max her.

I've gotten about 6 more valk porings than any other one, but I have no valk. So the question is whether or not I feed them away or just have 20 box space set aside until I can get a valk. I'll end up trying the valk dungeon anyway but I don't have the monsters to do it properly.

Progress this weekend:
Max skilled Cu Chu, now to gather mats for his fusion evo.
Max skilled Angelion
Max skilled Homura
Max skilled Lilith
Max skilled Mastering
Siegfried skill lvl 4, he might have more but he's max level so I want to farm his evo mats before feeding him the remaining 6 porings I have for him.

I also got enough slimes that if I needed to, I probably could've max skilled another siren/vamp/titan from scratch if I had more in my inventory.

I would've like to have maxxed a second Homura, but with a Chiyome and 2 Titans, I don't think I'll need it.

Yaari

Some say 3 at a time works best, but really, I doubt there is any difference.

I wonder if we'll get more Super Kings this week. I want Ruby.

BlueSteel

I gotta say, trying out Horus with poring tower has really improved my ability to match 4 orbs. Definitely gonna be using Horus more now.

Hi guys, with the upcoming goddess descended dungeon, does anyone here know if it's possible without a gravity team?

I've got HQ Persephone, vamp, rainbow knights (x4), siren the enchantress, echidna, abyss neptune and SoD lucifer friends

However, none of them are particularly high level I will be trying to farm the heavy metal dungeon today for a few level ups. I'm wanting to attempt the legendary dungeon and score a golem (valk would be a bonus).

My main concern is that most strategies seem to be to nuke her when she's below a certain threshold, and I don't have access to all of those nukes (gravity), but some reading seems to suggest it's possible to whittle her down if you have the right HP and healing ability.

Hi guys, with the upcoming goddess descended dungeon, does anyone here know if it's possible without a gravity team?

I've got HQ Persephone, vamp, rainbow knights (x4), siren the enchantress, echidna, abyss neptune and SoD lucifer friends

However, none of them are particularly high level I will be trying to farm the heavy metal dungeon today for a few level ups. I'm wanting to attempt the legendary dungeon and score a golem (valk would be a bonus).

My main concern is that most strategies seem to be to nuke her when she's below a certain threshold, and I don't have access to all of those nukes (gravity), but some reading seems to suggest it's possible to whittle her down if you have the right HP and healing ability.
Most strategies do that because once she gets below 40%, she's hitting for 28k a hit, 50% of the time. That is a ton of damage! Getting enough hp/rcv/resist to survive that would be very difficult.

Having a Valk is nice, but I'd recommend holding off on her if you aren't ready, and go farm a couple of heras on Wednesday (?) and then next time she comes around, you'll be able to handle the encounter. Up to you, though. :)

TIAp244l.jpg

Man that feels good. I've been saving kings for awhile until I could evolve him. I've almost maxed the RCV on my Horus and after that I'll start working on Zaerog.

Any suggestions for a good team? I only have one of each ADK and CDK.

04 Aug Update
Everyone loves statistics! Do you want to know who the most used leaders are?
We have the top 30 player picked monsters on friend finder! http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/favorite.asp

- Top 30 of players favorite owned pets.
- Rank Chart is updated.
Only real surprise there is that Persephone actually made it onto the most used list.

Accidentally took a Thanatos team into super kings cause I forgot that the US doesn't have shivaballs; still somehow made it through two super kings without dying. I'd like to thank some lucky heart cascades for that...

Fed the spoils to Hera-Is and now she's starting to get close to Abyss Neptune in swoleness, so I guess it's time to retire him...

J0dy77

When you want to skill up a monster is it best to wait till you have 5 monsters to feed? or can one or two have the same(poor) odds?

Really doesn't make a difference. If you feed one or 5 each feeder has the exact same chance to skill up. I've fed 2 poring to Valk and gotten 2 skill ups, i've fed numerous sets of 5 to mobs and gotten nothing. You just have to look at it statistically, it probably takes an average of 20-30 to max a mob (maybe more?). The only time I feed 1 at a time is when it's the last skill up.

I gotta say, trying out Horus with poring tower has really improved my ability to match 4 orbs. Definitely gonna be using Horus more now.

I can't say it enough in this thread, Horus teams are NOT inconsistent or lucky. The more you play and practice the better you'll get with him. It becomes second nature and you usually have a path of 4 mapped before the next wave shows up.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Really doesn't make a difference. If you feed one or 5 each feeder has the exact same chance to skill up. I've fed 2 poring to Valk and gotten 2 skill ups, i've fed numerous sets of 5 to mobs and gotten nothing. You just have to look at it statistically, it probably takes an average of 20-30 to max a mob (maybe more?). The only time I feed 1 at a time is when it's the last skill up.

I can't say it enough in this thread, Horus teams are NOT inconsistent or lucky. The more you play and practice the better you'll get with him. It becomes second nature and you usually have a path of 4 mapped before the next wave shows up.

I agree 99% of the time. There are some instances where you simply aren't given enough orbs to make a 4 match. In those cases, you are the 1%. But otherwise, Horus teams are top tier.

ccbfan

Any strats for Legend Valk to the poor souls who don't own a Horus, Ra or Lucifer. (OK with using these as helpers)

I already have a max skilled Rose Valk but looking for a 2nd one since I've heard the best Healers teams have 3 and I have a bunch of Drops to feed.

I was thinking maybe

Ultimate EVO dark starter
Rainbow Keeper
Hera
Hera-IS
Joker

Helper Lucifer (Hopefully one of the Max Level 100+ eggs ones)

This way I can survive 2 attacks from Valk. Healing should be pretty easy with 4x RCV. Heal Orbs with Joker and Defend with RK when I'm in trouble and since Legend Valk only use heal once I'm won't be in huge trouble.

When its about 40 percent? Nuke.

Edit: Crap just realized I never Ultimate Evoed my Starter Dark and I only have 1 rainbow keeper left. I guess no 2nd Valk.

Limit

I didn't realize until now that super king metal dragons don't really give an absurd amount of exp. I fed 2 super king and 3 king metal dragons to my Lucifer and got mere 10 level ups; from 59 - 69. Maxing him out will be a long road.

Most strategies do that because once she gets below 40%, she's hitting for 28k a hit, 50% of the time. That is a ton of damage! Getting enough hp/rcv/resist to survive that would be very difficult.

Having a Valk is nice, but I'd recommend holding off on her if you aren't ready, and go farm a couple of heras on Wednesday (?) and then next time she comes around, you'll be able to handle the encounter. Up to you, though. :)

Hmm thanks for the tips, that was my original plan (skip the dungeon and try get a hera or two) but just looking at my available team I think have a team that could almost take it and half the fun of puzzle and dragons is defeating these dungeons with more strategy than power (at least for me).

Here's hoping my Hera team can handle the pressure.

OTIX

Any strats for Legend Valk to the poor souls who don't own a Horus, Ra or Lucifer. (OK with using these as helpers)
Back in the day I did Mythical Valk with this team. Think it was 5 stones but Legend is much easier.

Zeus
Hera
Hera
Echidna
Echidna
Zeus

Abandond

I think I'll attempt with Lucifer, Awoken Hera, Hera, Hera, Naga, Lucifer.

Only issue is that they're all level 30 something, besides the friend lucifer.

Jagernaut

Going to attempt Legend Valk with the Blue Noel poverty team mentioned here:
http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/The_Goddess_Descended!

Seems really fraudulent and I don't know what the win condition is considering Resurrection. We'll see.

I am also going with a Blue Noel team. I have:

Blue Noel - max level
Awoken Hera-Is - level 60
Siren the Enchanter - level 70, max skill
Abyss Neptune - level 70
Awoken Blue Odin - level 50 (picked him up in last week's godfest)

with a Gabriel helper I should have around 50,000 hp and 10,000 rcv. Gravity and Blue Odin's nuke should speed up the battle with Valkyrie.

Colby

I almost totally agree. You can set your board up a bit after you make your 4 combos, but every so often, you get stuck with three colors. But with a couple heart changers, that becomes almost moot. I'm not very good at puzzle games like this, so while I've played Horus for a long time, I'd say 90-95% of my boards are viable, and that's consistent enough for me.

I think Horus players should realize that the higher your combos go, the higher your damage skyrockets. That seems like common sense, but it is especially true with Horus. The difference between a 4x combo and 6x combo can be hundreds of thousands of damage.

Jiraiza

Anyone with a max level LD Raphael? I'm going to try and tank Valkyrie hard and see how long it takes. As long I don't get unlucky with no hearts or double Ralphael binded, I don't think I should die... I hope.

Excor@PG
349, 953, 226

Anyone with a max level LD Raphael? I'm going to try and tank Valkyrie hard and see how long it takes. As long I don't get unlucky with no hearts or double Ralphael binded, I don't think I should die... I hope.

Excor@PG
349, 953, 226
Question about Raph: when he makes all the orbs hearts, do they pop right away, or can you use a heart changer to change them all to something else?

Also, I saw your Zaerog earlier, atlantaguy. Good shit!

Also, thanks everyone, for answering all my questions and stuff, so far. I know I haven't really acknowledged the responses, but I appreciate them all.

Jiraiza

Question about Raph: when he makes all the orbs hearts, do they pop right away, or can you use a heart changer to change them all to something else?

Also, I saw your Zaerog earlier, atlantaguy. Good shit!

Also, thanks everyone, for answering all my questions and stuff, so far. I know I haven't really acknowledged the responses, but I appreciate them all.

You can use a heart changer. Ralphael is the best friend of both heroes, Valkyrie's husband, and a couple of others.

alright I went 0 for 15 on MFK skillsup during the whole 2 weeks the dungeon was open. All were done in the 2x window. Awesome.

Crushed Legend Valk with Ra/Horus, but no drop. Waiting for my Horus friends to relog and give Mystical a chance.

I'll be running Ra most of the day, if anyone wants lvl 91 Gabe...message me on GAF.

Wanchan

alright I went 0 for 15 on MFK skillsup during the whole 2 weeks the dungeon was open. All were done in the 2x window. Awesome.

I went 1 for 25, but then again i'm super unlucky when it comes to skill up, i always regrest using stones for those dungeons... :(

Also i cleared Valk-Legend no stone today with this team :

H.Q. Persephone 64
D/D Hades Max
A. Hera 52
Busty Loki 68
Dark H. Ninja Hanzo 50
*friend* Archangel Lucifer 73

2x Gravity->Luci active-> Loki active -> 2 turns combos-> dead but no drop ;( The 2 turns active of the Norse god is really good now, i really like using them as subs.

StMeph

So far:

4 skill ups on Homura. I don't even know how many I fed, I lost count. What's maddening is being one skill away. I'll have to wait until the next time there's some kind of MFK drop event.

ZERO on Siegfried. Nil.

Lilith Maxed.

1 more skill up for Mastering remains.

Valk Get!

Mythical was a bitch. Shitty boards on the devils cost me about 3 stones. Water binding my water/wood guy makes Horus/Ra pretty useless. Valk gives a little breathing room with the first couple turns. Ended up binding my two Hades and cost me a stone. Probably about 5 all together...I'll take it.

LakRb5o.jpg

8 stones on legend. Probably less butt clenching than Hera-Is cause there were moments when you knew to were going to die and just accepted the continue.

I'm going to slaughter a few sheep in the name of Murako for giving me the drop on the first attempt.

raiot

Grats to all New valkyrie owners!
I had no Chance of skilling my Goemon, mythical was just too hard for my low blue team.
But I still managed to accomplish some things this weekend. I skill maxed all heart breakers, 2nd valk is lvl 3.
Yesterday was finally the big day to evolve my Zaerog. He's lvl 89 now and will soon be maxed.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just tried wood dragon dungeon on int, but I'm not sure how to handle the no healing thing. Any advice would be appreciated.

edit: i just realized siren's active still works, healed to full at 8/10. Yay me!

edit 2: Then I get 1-shot by the boss. gg

Yaari

I wonder what celebration we will get for their 1mil downloads (I think it was?). Satan would be nice. I'm getting used to RCV Goemon team but I still want Satan.

I just tried wood dragon dungeon on int, but I'm not sure how to handle the no healing thing. Any advice would be appreciated.

edit: i just realized siren's active still works, healed to full at 8/10. Yay me!

edit 2: Then I get 1-shot by the boss. gg

something like resist + autohealer usually work pretty well. Roll with a siren if you want the extra healing.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah, I have a siren so I'm gonna swap her to lead and use a good defensive pal.

Jagernaut

Going to attempt Legend Valk with the Blue Noel poverty team mentioned here:
http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/The_Goddess_Descended!

Seems really fraudulent and I don't know what the win condition is considering Resurrection. We'll see.
I am also going with a Blue Noel team. I have:

Blue Noel - max level
Awoken Hera-Is - level 60
Siren the Enchanter - level 70, max skill
Abyss Neptune - level 70
Awoken Blue Odin - level 50 (picked him up in last week's godfest)

with a Gabriel helper I should have around 50,000 hp and 10,000 rcv. Gravity and Blue Odin's nuke should speed up the battle with Valkyrie.

That took longer than I expected. Everything was going well until Valkyrie started spamming Valkyrie Blade. Cost me 3 stones when I couldn't keep healing back the 28k damage fast enough. I did not get the drop :(

I would try a dark team with gravity users and a Lucifer friend but my only dark leaders are Hera-Is and Duke Vampire Lord. Would that work? I could also try a double Horus team with gravity users.

Took a Lucifer team into Valkyrie Mythical. 2 Heras, Zeus, and PEKKA. The plan was to take out one demon with skills, stall, then one shot Valkyrie. Unfortunately, since I had to use PEKKA instead of a carbuncle, my RCV was a little low. So I couldn't quite keep up with the Evil Slashes. Had to spend a couple stones. Then I wasn't quite able to charge my skills in time, and who does Valkyrie bind? Both my leaders. So there was another stone. I'll take down legend later and get one back.

Edit: 5/19 on skillups. Not bad. Not sure how much I'll need a second max skill Valk, but its nice to have the option.

Kyu

Neo Member
Took a Lucifer team into Valkyrie Mythical. 2 Heras, Zeus, and PEKKA. The plan was to take out one demon with skills, stall, then one shot Valkyrie. Unfortunately, since I had to use PEKKA instead of a carbuncle, my RCV was a little low. So I couldn't quite keep up with the Evil Slashes. Had to spend a couple stones. Then I wasn't quite able to charge my skills in time, and who does Valkyrie bind? Both my leaders. So there was another stone. I'll take down legend later and get one back.

Why not use echidna? I just 0-stoned it with 2x Luci, 3 grav and echidna.

2 grav on golem then grind down.
2x morning star on one demon (echidna if needed) then charge skills and grind the other demon down. Make sure to charge all skills before entering last stage. Then pop echida, 3x grav and morning star heal up and the other one to finish her off.

Side note: Had the perfect valk run. Golem dropped and got skill up, +egg on demon and valk drop

Edit: Sorry, didn't see that you were running mythical
Edit2: Running the numbers on valk mythical. With 2x Luci, Zeus and 2x grav Valk will have 39hp left. Should be doable

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I always feel like the game knows I'm running a mono color team and seeds my RNG as such. I mean, I've gone 10 minutes on the golem Valk fight with a total of 2 blue orbs. They're sitting in the bottom corner as I make matches waiting. I mean, I know it's RNG and it can happen, but thus far, the entire dungeon has been nearly void of blue orbs.

Anoregon

Well I managed to beat wood dragon int, with siren+odin team, but he didnt drop. oh well.

Why not use echidna? I just 0-stoned it with 2x Luci, 3 grav and echidna.

2 grav on golem then grind down.
2x morning star on one demon (echidna if needed) then charge skills and grind the other demon down. Make sure to charge all skills before entering last stage. Then pop echida, 3x grav and morning star heal up and the other one to finish her off.

Side note: Had the perfect valk run. Golem dropped and got skill up, +egg on demon and valk drop

Edit: Sorry, didn't see that you were running mythical
Edit2: Running the numbers on valk mythical. With 2x Luci, Zeus and 2x grav Valk will have 39hp left. Should be doable
I'm running legend now with Archdemon Lucifer instead of PEKKA. Echidna would have probably been a good idea as well. The hit in HP might mean the demon would have still been problematic, but her delay might solve that.

Wanchan

Anyone with a Luci i could use for Valk? looks like all my Luci friends decided to switch to other monsters today~~

PS : Only have Persephone up today, i sadly don't own a Luci to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom