• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiraiza

Currently at the 2 hour mark with 2 stones spent with my double LD Raphael and Valkyrie is halfway... One stone wasted because I got unlucky with hearts on the demons and the other because I wasn't paying attention.

Not even sure if I'll be able to kill Valk once she starts spamming at 40% :|.

Edit: This game hates me and does not like giving me hearts.

Currently at the 2 hour mark with 2 stones spent with my double LD Raphael and Valkyrie is halfway... One stone wasted because I got unlucky with hearts on the demons and the other because I wasn't paying attention.

Not even sure if I'll be able to kill Valk once she starts spamming at 40% :|.

Edit: This game hates me and does not like giving me hearts.
Just a heads up, she is going to regenerate soon. And she can do it several times. You're in for a long fight.

Edit: My bad. She only does it once on legend.

I've done Valkyrie twice today with a w/b hades and luci team. Subs: maxed siren, hera, b ceres, belial. No drops either time :-/

I'd recommend this leader setup if you don't have a luci. When i fight her i go grav-grav, then she heals. Then i go survival mode for 25 turns, then grav-grav again. Now survive again until she begins valk blading. When the first of these hits, grav-grav-morningstar finishes her. I've spent maybe a total of 5 stones over the two encounters, but she is very much 0-stonable.

Kyu

Neo Member
Anyone with a Luci i could use for Valk? looks like all my Luci friends decided to switch to other monsters today~~

PS : Only have Persephone up today, i sadly don't own a Luci to help.

Cleared my list of an inactive player and sent you an invite

J0dy77

LakRb5o.jpg

8 stones on legend. Probably less butt clenching than Hera-Is cause there were moments when you knew to were going to die and just accepted the continue.

I'm going to slaughter a few sheep in the name of Murako for giving me the drop on the first attempt.

Congrats Cosmo, I know that was high on your want list.

Congrats Cosmo, I know that was high on your want list.
Thanks, she got three skillups from the pile of porings I was sitting on too. Think I'm going to attempt a Horus suicide run on her just for kicks after my stam regenerates. And maybe write more OT2 later tonight, I'm about halfway through the first post so far.

Jiraiza

Just a heads up, she is going to regenerate soon. And she can do it several times. You're in for a long fight.

Edit: My bad. She only does it once on legend.

Yeah, only once on legend, still died though...

Man, this is so dumb. You have to have a nuke team or else you can't do any of these dungeons. Talk about shoehorning everybody into that one type of team or else you're stuck spending money to get any of those monsters from the descended dungeons.

There's something really wrong when you have two leads focused on HP and RCV and still lose because lol99999+ dmg every turn. /rage

Guess I can't complain about Blizzard being shitty at balancing their classes in WoW anymore.

Thanks, she got three skillups from the pile of porings I was sitting on too. Think I'm going to attempt a Horus suicide run on her just for kicks after my stam regenerates. And maybe write more OT2 later tonight, I'm about halfway through the first post so far.

lucky. I got 0 skillups from the 6 i was sitting on. Par for the poring course it seems.

2x nothing = nothing

well going through valk legend with a blue noel poverty team.

Thanks Bosstones for your Gabe.

not doing terrible so far, already got through the resurrection, so not too much longer...

Pacman2k

Just did an Egyptian team run on legendary Valkyrie and got super lucky. Orbs were falling in my favor every time. No stones spent and killed Valk before she even got a turn off thanks to Echidina.

Valk dropped and I dumped 20 yellow porings I had stocked up into her. Max skilled, and ready for evo. Nice.

Nice start to the day. Now .... time to try to find a god damn mythlit so I can evo her... Heh.

lucky. I got 0 skillups from the 6 i was sitting on. Par for the poring course it seems.

2x nothing = nothing
I had 15 for reference; my last stack of 5 didn't give any skillups at all so par for the course.

Meanwhile I'm sitting on 25 green poring cause I don't have a Highlander. Probably going to grow excessively in size over the next week knowing the game.

Edit: just learned Baal's leader skill buffs all your monsters, not just devils. His tier placement makes way more sense now.

Colby

What do you guys think, can this team beat Valk on Mythical?

Awoken Zeus lvl 77
Awoken Hera lvl 99
Awoken Hera lvl 99
Awoken Hera-Is lvl 80
Echidna lvl 53
Awoken Zeus lvl 99

I would have to do ~550k damage in four turns, which idk if that's likely or not.

Or I could go:

Horus lvl 98
Awoken Hera lvl 99
Awoken Hera lvl 99
Marine Rider lvl 75
Echidna lvl 53
Awoken Zeus lvl 99

Or I could do Legend with:

Blue Noel lvl 50
Siren lvl 68
Siren lvl 32 (both max skill)
Awoken Hera-Is lvl 80
Neptune lvl 99
Blue Noel lvl 50 (no Gabby friends)

Any advice from the pros?

I'm going into Mythical with the following team:

Seraphim of Dawn Lucifer (level 99)
Amaterasu Ohkami (level 62)
Awoken Hera-Is (level 45)
Awoken Hera (level 96)
Underlord Inferno Hades (level 99)
Seraphim of Dawn Lucifer (level 99)

By my calculations, if I drop her HP to 90%--well above the threshold before she does anything ridiculous, like Resurrection whenever she feels like it--I should be able to nuke her in a single turn.

The rest of the dungeon should be pretty easy, as I was able to do it last time with a weaker version of this same team (except with Archdemon Lucifer instead of Hera-Is) but hit a wall once I got to Valkyrie.

Or I could do Legend with:

Blue Noel lvl 50
Siren lvl 68
Siren lvl 32 (both max skill)
Awoken Hera-Is lvl 80
Neptune lvl 99
Blue Noel lvl 50 (no Gabby friends)

Any advice from the pros?

This is REALLY SLOW... but It works for a low stone run... you will run out of heart orbs though so you will eat stones..

I wouldn't use Neptune. Valkyrie casts a shield to stop status ailments, which lasts for 10 turns, and will recast it if you inflict her with poison while it's down. The best Neptune will do for you is get you one extra turn where she has to do that instead of attack you. You won't get any poison damage.

Thanks, man. If I'm not guaranteed a drop, I'm not gonna spend stones. This team is a no-go, than.

Just remember that if you get her for less than 4 stones, it is essentially better than the REM.

Oh and Thanks Bosstones (aka Kyle@GAF) I snagged my second Valk... Back into Poring tower I go...

Just remember that if you get her for less than 4 stones, it is essentially better than the REM.

Oh and Thanks Bosstones (aka Kyle@GAF) I snagged my second Valk... Back into Poring tower I go...

You got it dude. Glad I have some things that are of use! Probably easier than my Horus/Ra run!.

Zeus and Valk in 4 days? Notbad.jpg

BlueSteel

Arg spent 2 stones to beat it on mythical. The only reason I'm running it is to get some the stone too >_>.

Welp, legend should be easier I think.

It's good to see we actually had Super Kings invading the regular battles yesterday. Though they gave me a couple of scares. When I noticed that the Super Metal dungeon was active yesterday, it was only open for 7 more minutes. So instead of putting together my usual Shiva and sweep strategy I decided to take Zaerog and figured I'd have skills charged by the boss round to break through its defense. I was surprised to see a Super King invasion on the 3rd battle of my first round. With no skills charged, I took a 10K damage hit. I would've been killed by a second hit, but I amassed enough Dark orbs to break its armor on the third turn. Close call. After I cleared the dungeon I quickly reentered it to get a second run in before it closed. I got Super invaded on the first battle! I lucked out again getting enough Dark orbs on board before it attacked a second time.

J0dy77

I tried Legendary Horus run just for the heck of it (ive never tried the dungeon due to having Valk from the egg machine). I wiped after her healing to full at under 1%. I was kicking myself for taking the wrong team, I thought a 76 vamp would be better than a 93 Chu, definitely had my calculations wrong. Would have probably cleared pretty easy with Chu Chu.

No clue how I'm going to clear the 3.7 million HP on mythical, definitely think you need gravity on this one. That's A LOT of + eggs needed otherwise. She's the only difficult part of the dungeon, everything else is pretty straight forward.

Colby

I went with the 5x Gravity team and beat Mythical. 6 stones total. One on masks, one on Machine Golem, and 4 on Demons. It's pretty fun nuking Valk 5 times and watching that meter disintegrate.

I tried Legendary Horus run just for the heck of it (ive never tried the dungeon due to having Valk from the egg machine). I wiped after her healing to full at under 1%. I was kicking myself for taking the wrong team, I thought a 76 vamp would be better than a 93 Chu, definitely had my calculations wrong. Would have probably cleared pretty easy with Chu Chu.

No clue how I'm going to clear the 3.7 million HP on mythical, definitely think you need gravity on this one. That's A LOT of + eggs needed otherwise. She's the only difficult part of the dungeon, everything else is pretty straight forward.

Horus + Ra + 3 Dark members got it done for me. One 24x combo took about 2/3 of her life.

Jagernaut

The Blue Noel team is safe for Legendary (if there are no fire demons on stage 4) until Valkyrie gets low on hp and starts spamming Valkyrie Blade, but it is really slow so I switched to another team.

Leader: Blizzard Archdemon Amon Lv 56
Awoken Hera-Is Lv 60
Awoken Hera Lv 92
Awoken Hera Lv 68
Siren the Enchanter Lv 70 - max skilled
Friend: SOD Lucifer max lvl

Team has 36,000 hp and almost 6,000 rcv. Amon gives 1.5x to hp/atk/rcv for devils. It was much faster but still did not get the drop.

Stage 1 - devils, fine if you get good orb drops
Stage 2 - masks, kill mystic mask first
Stage 3 - dark golem, triple gravity and Amon's skill, and then grind down and charge gravities
Stage 4 - demons, double gravity and use Lucifer to kill one (kill fire demon first) and then grind and charge
Stage 5 - Valkyrie, use 1 gravity immediately and then Amon after her shield and you will get 5 counterattacks, survive 30 turns to charge up the gravity you used and then triple gravity and Lucifer to kill her before she starts using Valkyrie blade.

Pacman2k

Also is Valk possible with only one-gravity creature on a Horus team?

Yes.

Horus
Echidna
Hera
Cu Chu
Gabriel (just to fill that need for blue/white damage)
Horus

Could jam a Hera-Is in for Gabriel, and take Ra as a leader instead, or something like that... If you're comfortable with using Ra and wanted a second gravity.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I'm sitting here picking away with my mono blue team against two green demons. Fun.

How much HP do I need to survive Valk on Legend?

So I'm sitting here picking away with my mono blue team against two green demons. Fun.

How much HP do I need to survive Valk on Legend?
About 29k to survive Valkyrie Blade. It's painful.

Went looking through the monster book and noticed they had an entry for Mitsuki, including active and leader skill. What a troll...

SaintR

Yes.

Horus
Echidna
Hera
Cu Chu
Horus

Could jam a Hera-Is in for Gabriel, and take Ra as a leader instead, or something like that... If you're comfortable with using Ra and wanted a second gravity.

Thanks pacman for the answer my Chu is not evolved and I don't have a Gabriel but I have Hera-Is so I think I can make that team easily just wanted to know if there was enough damage. Stalling shouldn't be a problem especially with the mask round.

Kreed

Yes.

Horus
Echidna
Hera
Cu Chu
Horus

Really wish I had run this team. I went the Noel/Gabriel route on Legend, which got me Valkyrie after one attempt but took forever to do and was stressful with the Valkyrie Blades (no way I could have done it with two Noels).

Radav

I'm trying to take down Mythical Valk with my Ra team and man I had the perfect run up to Valk then got pooped op by the RNG and just never got enough of the right orbs to get more then 2 combos. Got 1 more shot hopefully I have similar luck with the first few floors.

ccbfan

Tried Valk with mono blue 4xHp/4xRCV but got killed by the fire demon.

Man if I just had one more Rainbow keeper then I would have had my Ult Evo dark Dragon.

No clue what to do with my 7 Drops.

At least I got my last Skill up for Cu and now have a max skill Valk/Cu/Berserk.

Just in time too for back to back to back Super king jewels.

Pacman2k

Thanks pacman for the answer my Chu is not evolved and I don't have a Gabriel but I have Hera-Is so I think I can make that team easily just wanted to know if there was enough damage. Stalling shouldn't be a problem especially with the mask round.

I think if you ran with Ra/Horus you'd have no problems with damage at all, provided you'd be able to get Ra to trigger somewhat reliably.

mercviper

The Blue Noel team is safe for Legendary (if there are no fire demons on stage 4) until Valkyrie gets low on hp and starts spamming Valkyrie Blade, but it is really slow so I switched to another team.

Leader: Blizzard Archdemon Amon Lv 56
Awoken Hera-Is Lv 60
Awoken Hera Lv 92
Awoken Hera Lv 68
Siren the Enchanter Lv 70 - max skilled
Friend: SOD Lucifer max lvl

Team has 36,000 hp and almost 6,000 rcv. Amon gives 1.5x to hp/atk/rcv for devils. It was much faster but still did not get the drop.

Stage 1 - devils, fine if you get good orb drops
Stage 2 - masks, kill mystic mask first
Stage 3 - dark golem, triple gravity and Amon's skill, and then grind down and charge gravities
Stage 4 - demons, double gravity and use Lucifer to kill one (kill fire demon first) and then grind and charge
Stage 5 - Valkyrie, use 1 gravity immediately and then Amon after her shield and you will get 5 counterattacks, survive 30 turns to charge up the gravity you used and then triple gravity and Lucifer to kill her before she starts using Valkyrie blade.

So your post reminded me that I has a decently leveled Persephone in my stables and I finally made use of her with a team that was:

44 Hell Queen Persephone leader
Rainbow Keeper
52 Siren tE max skill
99 Awoken Hera
82 Awoken Hera
and a friend 81 SoD Lucifer with enough eggs for 745 RCV.

Got a little scary because I misjudged HP and started my final gravity combo early so I had to heal through Valkyrie Blades until I got her low enough, even hit 70 hp at one point, but I made it out with 0 stones. Luckily I got the drop as well. Unluckily, I'm 1/18 on skillups.

#gungho

I have the most stubborn Valkyrie. I've long been finished skilling-up Siegfried, Cu Chu, Mastering, Dark Golem, Lilith, and Vamp Lord. The only thing I've continued farming the Poring dungeon for is Valkyrie. She's only 2/30 on skill-ups, so far. Good thing all the other drops give decent exp, so I'm not completely wasting my time/stamina.

J0dy77

Horus + Ra + 3 Dark members got it done for me. One 24x combo took about 2/3 of her life.

Yeah that would beat her up. I ran the double Horus more for educational purposes than anything else. I wanted to see how strong the team felt now that Ive maxed Valk and lowered her cool down. Definitely would have got her with Chu over Valk. Need to finish off viper and Chu next and get + egg farming.

J0dy77

Anyone know if there is a goemon calculator? Trying to figure out how much damage my team would do using Horus and goemon skills on a final round. If I would be able to one shot without additional matches.

Jagernaut

Finally got Valkyrie after 3 runs on Legendary. I had saved 15 Drops for her and got 2 skillups and evolved her to Great Valkyrie.

Now I finally have all the heartbreakers and have completed all the Descended dungeons (at least on the lower difficulty).

Anyone know if there is a goemon calculator? Trying to figure out how much damage my team would do using Horus and goemon skills on a final round. If I would be able to one shot without additional matches.
Horus + Goemon activations = 2.8(Horus multiplier) x 25(Goemon multiplier) x 7.75(Fire Orb multiplier) x Total Fire ATK

So, for example, if your total team including helper Fire ATK was 7200, you'd be dealing 2.8 x 25 x 7.75 x 7200 = 3,906,000 which is enough to 1-shot Mythical Valkyrie.

Edit: For sake of simplicity, you need a team total of 6915 Fire ATK including helper Goemon to 1-shot Valkyrie with Horus + Goemon activations.

Abandond

Got the Valk with the Lucifer team, took such a ridiculous amount of time but only spent two stones which is pretty great to me.

Now that I have Valk, Sieg, and Cu Chu, I'll finally have the Horus team I wanted. I'll probably drop some stones on Poring when it's 2x drop and get some skill ups.
lol

BlueSteel

Yea I'm just being an idiot on Legend. Forgot to stall and went into valk with no gravities. Woops. 100 total stamina lost. Guess i'll just try for the stone next time it rolls around X_X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom