• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well shit. After maxing Zaerog and feeding a bunch of +eggs to Horus I am pretty strapped for gold. With all these super king dungeons incoming I may be expanding my box space. I hope I can make time to do plenty of super runs, and that they fixed the invasion issue.

Well shit. After maxing Zaerog and feeding a bunch of +eggs to Horus I am pretty strapped for gold. With all these super king dungeons incoming I may be expanding my box space. I hope I can make time to do plenty of super runs, and that they fixed the invasion issue.
If you mean how there were no Super King invasions during the last event, I can confirm there were invasions during this past Sunday's Super Metal dungeon. Got invaded 2 runs in a row.

If you mean how there were no Super King invasions during the last event, I can confirm there were invasions during this past Sunday's Super Metal dungeon. Got invaded 2 runs in a row.
I think he's probably talking about the super invasions for super jewels last event.

I finally got Valk on my 4th run, which gives me every heartbreaker following this event. Cool! Time to bide my stones for the next godfest!

Yeah i got a few also. I may be wrong, but I think last event it worked in metals, but not in jewels. I don't specifically remember though.

So yeah, I lost a stone on Mythical because she just decided to freeze my leaders like a bitch. Other than that, though, it worked out fine. I only had to drop her to 93% before dropping the hammer (although that in itself was easier said than done).

Yaari

True, as far as I know only invasions occured with Super Metal Kings.

I am looking for some advice. I want to kick my Goemon team up some levels, and I can do 2 Super King runs with a stone. Whereas regular Ruby kings, I can do 6 runs. What should I be refilling my stones for? I think an hour of Super Kings will cost me an insane amount of stones, and 27 stamina goes to waste each time.

Also I saw someone use a Valk team to effectively farm. But I think this was Super Metal. I wonder if a Valk team can break Super Ruby defense?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just did my first keeper dungeon, Red expert, and ended up with the 2 keepers I needed, dark and flame. I am ok with this.

About 29k to survive Valkyrie Blade. It's painful.

Went looking through the monster book and noticed they had an entry for Mitsuki, including active and leader skill. What a troll...

I do wonder how on earth they are going to introduce the healer "Sticker" girls into the english version of the game. So far in Japan, the only way to get them was those Stickers.

I would love additional options for a healer team (and that 2.5 HP up for Healers from Mitsuki)

3/2.5/1 would be fun for Healers...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I do wonder how on earth they are going to introduce the healer "Sticker" girls into the english version of the game. So far in Japan, the only way to get them was those Stickers.

I would love additional options for a healer team (and that 2.5 HP up for Healers from Mitsuki)

Yeah, I love my healer girl team, but the HP restrictions are just brutal. I usually sub out Lilith and put in a colored golem or RK simply because I NEED to bump over 10k HP in case of a mask or strong ogre.

Yeah I started to stack HP +eggs on Enchilada for prep of the healer team...need dat HPs.

Had an Angling drop, is there any use if you don't have Kagu? 45k xp is nice...

It's even a problem in Japan because afaik the stickers are out of print there. I think the director has expressed interest in making them available again in some form; if that involved a one-time dungeon like the Noel dragons it could conceivably come out here.

Kreed

It's even a problem in Japan because afaik the stickers are out of print there. I think the director has expressed interest in making them available again in some form; if that involved a one-time dungeon like the Noel dragons it could conceivably come out here.

Why not just make the monsters available in the REM? I've never understood the logic of having some monsters exclusive to dungeons only, especially if Gungho's goal is to have more and more people spend money on stones.

True, as far as I know only invasions occured with Super Metal Kings.

I am looking for some advice. I want to kick my Goemon team up some levels, and I can do 2 Super King runs with a stone. Whereas regular Ruby kings, I can do 6 runs. What should I be refilling my stones for? I think an hour of Super Kings will cost me an insane amount of stones, and 27 stamina goes to waste each time.

Also I saw someone use a Valk team to effectively farm. But I think this was Super Metal. I wonder if a Valk team can break Super Ruby defense?
Well I think the EXP per stamina is about the same. If you assume one king per run on normal (which is a bit high) and assuming you aren't feeding the baby dragons, it would be 4125 exp/stamina. For supers, if you average one super king or two kings per run (maybe a little low?) it comes out to 4200 exp/stamina. So by that calculation, supers is better, but barely.

However, the estimates are by no means guaranteed, and this doesn't take into account the extra stamina wasted each time you refill. If you use that stamina in between refills on something else, supers may be better for you. Honestly I think either one will be about the same.

StMeph

Well I think the EXP per stamina is about the same. If you assume one king per run on normal (which is a bit high) and assuming you aren't feeding the baby dragons, it would be 4125 exp/stamina. For supers, if you average one super king or two kings per run (maybe a little low?) it comes out to 4200 exp/stamina. So by that calculation, supers is better, but barely.

However, the estimates are by no means guaranteed, and this doesn't take into account the extra stamina wasted each time you refill. If you use that stamina in between refills on something else, supers may be better for you. Honestly I think either one will be about the same.

Because Supers are worth 2x Kings, the variance from running Super is much higher. It might be better over many many runs, but in a very limited sample, as with small stamina pools, one gets wildly varying results.

Because Supers are worth 2x Kings, the variance from running Super is much higher. It might be better over many many runs, but in a very limited sample, as with small stamina pools, one gets wildly varying results.
True, but I was referring to Yaari's specific question, assuming he'd be spending several stones on whichever dungeon he chooses. So it should be enough runs to normalize a bit.

a ONE-TIME dungeon? That's great for Japan, where those dungeon, presents, and such get reset and redone, but here in US we are NEVER going to see those things again.

I would be very surprised if we see Noel, or Puzzbot again in US, but in JP they probably will (or have already).

Speculation: know what would be a killer event day? "Everything Drops day" A day where anything encountered has a chance to drop into an egg (with ridiculously low drop rates, but better than 0%). It would definitely put an interesting spin on stamina refreshes...

linsivvi

Why not just make the monsters available in the REM? I've never understood the logic of having some monsters exclusive to dungeons only, especially if Gungho's goal is to have more and more people spend money on stones.

I think it's good to mix things up. Having dungeons that people look forward to will keep people playing the game.

One time dungeons suck though, especially for late comers like me.

Got Abyss Neptune to 99 yesterday and the Empress to 99 today. I am over 200 days in but I have spread myself around a fair amount. I am trying to change that now and focus on one monster per color at a time. Congrats on getting your Echidna!

So, here are my current options for leveling:

Freyr, the Blazing Swordsman (70) - leaning towards him, though Goemon is also a possibility
Goemon, the Thief (39)
Phoenix Knight Homura (55)

Earth-rending Emperor Siegfried (63)
I&I, the Twin Archers (16)
Awoken Hera-Is (33)
FD Lakshmi (72) - she is probably my next blue, or Siegfried
Fenrir Knight Kamui (56)

Wolf King Cu (92) - finish here then decide on Odin or Parv
Awoken Odin (53)
Parvati the Golden Goddess (70)

Rose Valk (54) - slowly but surely
Awoken Zeus (1)

Loki, the Finisher (72) - he's the dark target for now
Awoken Hera (47, 2nd one)
HQ Persephone (43)
Duke Vamp (53)
CDK (47)

I'm jealous. How long have you been working on those guys? I think it will take me all year to get one of my gods to 99 let alone 3. Been farming for Echidna for the last week and thought I almost had her when I saw something drop... much to my disapointment it was a treasure chest.

Got Abyss Neptune to 99 yesterday and the Empress to 99 today. I am over 200 days in but I have spread myself around a fair amount. I am trying to change that now and focus on one monster per color at a time. Congrats on getting your Echidna!
Keep in mind that stat growth diminishes at higher levels, some sometimes it actually makes sense to spread the love. For some monsters that are used in many teams, it makes sense to max them. But in general, I would recommend feeding it wherever you'll get the most stats, even though you won't have as many max level monsters.

mercviper

Keep in mind that stat growth diminishes at higher levels, some sometimes it actually makes sense to spread the love. For some monsters that are used in many teams, it makes sense to max them. But in general, I would recommend feeding it wherever you'll get the most stats, even though you won't have as many max level monsters.

Stat growth grows at higher levels, not diminishes.

Edit: okay I said that wrong, but the general trend is high stat growth for the first 500k XP (to make up for the lowered stats on evolution), and then it falls off for a bit. However, stat growth is more determined by the monster you are leveling, so once you find the right monster to level, you do get better gains by maxxing that monster for a team instead of spreading the love from levels 40-99 across a team of 5.

Edit 2: I made a post about it earlier in the thread http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=71242481#post71242481 for comparing 2 monsters. If you're going to spread out experience, you should be spreading it out on a team basis (picking 1 monster per team to level up) and not on a monster basis (leveling all monsters in a team equally)

a ONE-TIME dungeon? That's great for Japan, where those dungeon, presents, and such get reset and redone, but here in US we are NEVER going to see those things again.

I would be very surprised if we see Noel, or Puzzbot again in US, but in JP they probably will (or have already).

Speculation: know what would be a killer event day? "Everything Drops day" A day where anything encountered has a chance to drop into an egg (with ridiculously low drop rates, but better than 0%). It would definitely put an interesting spin on stamina refreshes...
The only one-time dungeons that Japan has gotten multiple times are the Noels (3-4 times), Moogle&Carbuncle, and Nekki, and the latter two aren't even useful in normal person situations. I'm pretty sure we'll see the Noels again at some point since they're actually used on teams, and a theoretical sticker girl dungeon could fall in the same category.

Yeah I started to stack HP +eggs on Enchilada for prep of the healer team...need dat HPs.

Had an Angling drop, is there any use if you don't have Kagu? 45k xp is nice...

I fed them away.

Packed day today. Need to evolve all my CoC Archers and Goblins. Praying to the RNG god to give me some skill-ups on Freyr and Freyja.

Edit: okay I said that wrong, but the general trend is high stat growth for the first 500k XP (to make up for the lowered stats on evolution), and then it falls off for a bit. However, stat growth is more determined by the monster you are leveling, so once you find the right monster to level, you do get better gains by maxxing that monster for a team instead of spreading the love from levels 40-99 across a team of 5.

Edit 2: I made a post about it earlier in the thread http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=71242481#post71242481 for comparing 2 monsters. If you're going to spread out experience, you should be spreading it out on a team basis (picking 1 monster per team to level up) and not on a monster basis (leveling all monsters in a team equally)

higher levels, yes....but you need to consider xp vs. levels as well. I agree with you, but you need determine is 100k xp is better giving one level to a higher monster vs 15 levels to a lower.

mercviper

higher levels, yes....but you need to consider xp vs. levels as well. I agree with you, but you need determine is 100k xp is better giving one level to a higher monster vs 15 levels to a lower.

I'm talking pure XP, not levels. I only said levels 40-99 because it's most applicable to final evolutions on monsters that go up to a 99 max level.

PDX provides stat per exp charts for you to compare any 2 monsters and you can easily see which one provides higher gains in stats per exp. The general trend is that for the first 500k exp, yes, you should spread the love between all monsters, but beyond that pick one and max it to 99. At the same time, most of the first 500k xp is spent recouping all the stats lost from evolving it in the first place, so really what you should do at that point is not evolve your monsters until you're ready to sink in that first 500k xp.

Edit: Looking at your example a bit more, at the point where you would give 15 levels to a lower monster with 100k is the sub-500k point I'm talking about so yes, the 100k to the lower level would be the correct choice, but if that lower level is at the stage of final evolution, I have to ask why you evolved it in the first place when all that 100k exp does is help you return to stats you already had pre-evolution?

So, all this talk of leveling and all is getting me to second guess myself, at least with my red team. For mono-red my typical team is:

War Deity Ares (99)
Shiva the Destroyer (57)
Echidna the Red Empress (99)
Gigas (70)

I also have:
FSG Hino Kagutsuchi (23)
Freyr, the Blazing Swordsman (70)
Goemon, the Thief (39)
War Deity Saint Minerva (30)
Jotunn (16)
as well as 2 more Empresses (both 11) and almost all of the dragons (I think the only one I don't have is the mech dragon)

So, for some reason I thought I had MVD on my team and so could easily replace that with Freyr. Obviously, that is not the case.

1 - Are any of those subs better than something already on the team?
2 - With that in mind, is there a better red to try to max out right now?
3 - Does Goemon work as a sub? I am working on getting a team together for him but I am having no luck farming Titans.

So, all this talk of leveling and all is getting me to second guess myself, at least with my red team. For mono-red my typical team is:

War Deity Ares (99)
Shiva the Destroyer (57)
Gigas (70)

I also have:
FSG Hino Kagutsuchi (23)
Goemon, the Thief (39)
Jotunn (16)
as well as 2 more Empresses (both 11) and almost all of the dragons (I think the only one I don't have is the mech dragon)

So, for some reason I thought I had MVD on my team and so could easily replace that with Freyr. Obviously, that is not the case.

3 - Does Goemon work as a sub? I am working on getting a team together for him but I am having no luck farming Titans.

1 - possibly Freyr for Shiva, unless you are in a dungeon that needs the armour break.
2 - Dark Kagutsuchi has ridiculous atk.. but is it worth the investment?
3 - I have Goemon as a sub for my Shiva Mono-red team, because I have RCV problems so any additional HP is not to bad.

mercviper

War Deity Ares (99)
Shiva the Destroyer (57)
Gigas (70)

I also have:
FSG Hino Kagutsuchi (23)
Goemon, the Thief (39)
Jotunn (16)

I would say that for any dungeons that you don't need an armor break, Shiva could be replaced with any of your other gods. In the end however, it's probably better for the short term to keep Shiva on the team and max her first before maxing her substitutes. When it comes to stats, Goemon, Freyr, Kagutsuchi and Minerva all provide a similar amount of total stats, but they have more useful actives when you don't need to break 120k armor defense to 1shot a boss. You would use Kagutsuchi and Freyr for high atk, Goemon for high HP, Minerva for decent RCV. In comparison, Shiva has less, but is more of a balanced distribution of all three, and each of those stats gain and lose usefulness dependent on the dungeon you're facing.

With that in mind, I think your current core team is what you should focus on first, starting with Shiva. She flat out beats Homura in all stat growths at this point, and I don't think the HP gains from a red giant gigas outweigh the lowered attack growth and rcv he would give you in return. The reason I treat HP as the worst stat is because you only need it to a certain threshold, that is, so you can survive all the hits in 1 turn. Once you hit that threshold, RCV should generally be more important to help you continue on in the dungeon and more HP only serves as a buffer or backup plan for bad boards.

Thanks Zipped and Merc for the input. I do have 12 pendrgas just waiting for plants. It isn't that much in terms of xp (I have more blue and green) but it will boost Shiva a little bit at least. Oh, the Gigas I'm using is just that, a Gigas - not the Giant Red Gigas (though if I can get more Titans I will evolve him). Hmm, red event going on...pull for Horus? Gah, as much as I am tempted I am trying to spend less $$$ on this darn game! :)

mercviper

Thanks Zipped and Merc for the input. I do have 12 pendrgas just waiting for plants. It isn't that much in terms of xp (I have more blue and green) but it will boost Shiva a little bit at least. Oh, the Gigas I'm using is just that, a Gigas - not the Giant Red Gigas (though if I can get more Titans I will evolve him). Hmm, red event going on...pull for Horus? Gah, as much as I am tempted I am trying to spend less $$$ on this darn game! :)

No problem. I only put in Red Giant because he was a possibility of being leveled. I have 2 Gigas myself that I plan to keep that way because I have no need for the extra HP they provide just yet. I think I would have to bank 8mil xp so I could max them immediately after evo before I would consider evolving them lol.

And yeah, if your original question was if you should level Shiva and Homura equally in levels, then all you have to do is look at the various stat vs exp charts on pdx: http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=229&c=237 Shiva has steeper curves in both HP and ATK past 500k, so I wouldn't split the xp since you've already sunk ~670k exp into Homura.

That only applies for metals, though. The jewel dragons (low, high, and king) are actually worth more.

For tomorrow, I can put up Lucifer, Amaterasu, Hades, or Neptune. What do you guys want?

what-no-gif.gif

seriously

Haha that old post was in response to my own exp "problems". And that was essentially what I was trying to get across. Each time you want to feed exp, figure out how much your stats will grow for each of your options and choose the one with the most growth, rather than blindly leveling one to max when you could be getting better stats from a different team member.

Yaari

What team you guys use to speedfarm Super Ruby Kings? I want to get as many runs in as I possibly can. Goemon must eat.

What team you guys use to speedfarm Super Ruby Kings? I want to get as many runs in as I possibly can. Goemon must eat.

Old reliable for me: Mono-red with shiva lead. Strong enough to stall on the off-chance that I get a super ruby to start.

9 minutes left in my window. Gonna stop now. Was able to max out Goemon, and have pumped a lot of exp into my mono red / goemon teams. I can wait to max the rest of my members later.

Gonna leave Shiva up if anyone wants to use:

Amaterasu Ohkami, Lilith, Lilith, Succubus, Abyss Neptune, Odin (or resist or Lucifer or another Neptune).

Stall on round 1 for all skills, and then use skills for rounds 2-5, saving Neptune for the end. Ama/Odin will keep you safe, and the whole shebang will only take about 5 minutes.

My friend uses all rippers and a light golem (Shiva works, too) for armor break. Use the strong colored ripper against the super king, but I feel like that team takes equally long to use and could die if an invasion occurs, whereas my team will be fine with Odin there.

Yaari

Thanks everyone. I guess I'll put my Amaterasu up for now then. Sounds like she'll be popular today.

I'll just do the usual Healer/Defense-Resist then.

Mono blue with a Shiva sub. My leader is Megalodran. Helper doesn't matter, but another resist or auto-healer can add extra safety against first-turn Super invasions. Strategy is quickly charge Shiva in the first round, then activate and sweep through the dungeon. The other subs are all orb changers to ensure you don't run out of blue orbs to match.

Mono blue with a Shiva sub. My leader is Megalodran. Helper doesn't matter, but another resist or auto-healer can add extra safety against first-turn Super invasions. Strategy is quickly charge Shiva in the first round, then activate and sweep through the dungeon. The other subs are all orb changers to ensure you don't run out of blue orbs to match.
5 minutes per run, as well, right? I really can't think of any team that can cut the time down much more than that, since they all rely on charging your skills on the first round and then letting 'em rip.

5 minutes per run, as well, right? I really can't think of any team that can cut the time down much more than that, since they all rely on charging your skills on the first round and then letting 'em rip.
Sub 5 minutes consistently, and possible runs as low as 2-3 minutes if you're really concentrating on speed-running and minimizing damaging matches and chain combos while charging. First turn invasions will take longer if you don't use an auto-healer helper since you'll have to manually heal while charging.

And yeah, even damage multiplier teams that don't require charging aren't really much faster while being much riskier. I ran dual Zaerogs for a couple of Super Metal runs. And it still took roughly the same amount of time as my Shiva strategy, because instead of quickly charging Shiva with single matches, you're constantly making combo chains to increase damage and clear garbage orbs. So each turn takes longer compared to the Shiva team.

mercviper

Probably the only faster team would be one of ultimate evolved ogres. and only because their active cooldown is shorter than shiva.

Edit: Man I really derped on my super kings. 15 minutes left to make a super king + poring run to rank up, followed by one more king run and entering a third. Well I finish the poring to go into my second king run and realize too late I have no armor breaker. -_- My shiva friends were all used up from my mono red so I had gone in with what I thought was a team with lilith in it. Instead it was ama lead + hera/hera/rainbow/vamp. I even fucked up more by choosing hades as the friend lead instead of a 50% red damage leader. So much for making that 3rd run in time.

BlueSteel

Beat Master Skydragon with a mono red. Disregarded healing and just went all out. Ended up beating it with like 1000 or so hp haha.

pix

Does anyone here have a high level Grodin I can use for Hera tomorrow? My friend ID is 353,755,205. First attempt at a descended, would love some help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom