• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagernaut

Does anyone here have a high level Grodin I can use for Hera tomorrow? My friend ID is 353,755,205. First attempt at a descended, would love some help!

I have a level 70 Awoken Odin with 3479 hp. Is that enough for you?

Static@GAF

Super King invasions are definitely active. Just finished my Super Ruby runs. Netted 12 Super Kings and 14 Kings in 12 runs. I ran Expert Porings every fourth run to use up my remaining stamina between refills. So I averaged less than 4min per run even with a quarter of the runs being the longer Poring dungeon.
Does anyone here have a high level Grodin I can use for Hera tomorrow? My friend ID is 353,755,205. First attempt at a descended, would love some help!
Sent you an invite. If I don't see your request here just send me an in game message and I'll put it up as soon as I see it. My Odin is max leveled.

In fact, I'll leave him up overnight.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Wow, time for a new thread and I can't believe I'm still in the top 10 posters of this thread and haven't posted here in months. I still watch you guys from time to time though (stalkerrrr), nice to see you're still having fun.

Well hello there, stranger!

You still got your account files saved? You could still be disciplined like Cosmo and the others and casually play for free. You're always welcome back! No pressure though. :D

Wanchan

I don't know why you guys farmed Super so much, i always thought it was really bad xp/stone used. I've used 2 stones and only got 2 Super Kings, 0 Kings so i decided to stop since it was shittier than normal runs of jewel dungeons..

I just got my first Hera, and zero-stoned it.
Now, to level it... :)

Congratulations, what team did you do it with?

Super King invasions are definitely active. Just finished my Super Ruby runs. Netted 12 Super Kings and 14 Kings in 12 runs. I ran Expert Porings every fourth run to use up my remaining stamina between refills. So I averaged less than 4min per run even with a quarter of the runs being the longer Poring dungeon.

Sent you an invite. If I don't see your request here just send me an in game message and I'll put it up as soon as I see it. My Odin is max leveled.

In fact, I'll leave him up overnight.

Hey M.D any chance I could make use of that odin of yours for an attempt at Hera? Or if anyone else happens to have a Green Odin, I had a bit list of them but they just happened to swap out to green rippers... weird. My ID is 329 251 248

Awesome, thanks. Although I doubt my ability to get Hera, it will be fun attempting (going with a neptune+odin resist team but my siren and echidna aren't max level so it will be tough)

Kyu

Neo Member

Hey M.D any chance I could make use of that odin of yours for an attempt at Hera? Or if anyone else happens to have a Green Odin, I had a bit list of them but they just happened to swap out to green rippers... weird. My ID is 329 251 248

Awesome, thanks. Although I doubt my ability to get Hera, it will be fun attempting (going with a neptune+odin resist team but my siren and echidna aren't max level so it will be tough)

lvl 94 Odin. Sent you an invite :)

Wow, time for a new thread and I can't believe I'm still in the top 10 posters of this thread and haven't posted here in months. I still watch you guys from time to time though (stalkerrrr), nice to see you're still having fun.

hey there bud!

Yeah, a lot of the people in the top 10 aren't really active much. Lots of new blood!

On iOS the banner ad that pops up when you start the game instead points to a FB post where they mention that the next patch, planned for the end of August, requires iOS 5.1. Which is way earlier than the 24 hours that they normally reserve for path announcements.

Angeling skills up Kagatsuchi but if you don't have one then it's a cool 45k red fodder. Mastering's Orb Refresh used to be useful in a degenerate infinite turn team but they've since nerfed the skill. He can still get you free ticks off your cooldown, though.

JP players can answer this survey to get a free King Gold Dragon at the end of the month. Mostly just asks about demographics, but also asks which monster you'd like to idolsports the most and what anime has your most favorite characters. Pokemon collab anybody????

Dispatch

I tried it last time with a dual resist (Chaos Devil Dragon and Green Odin), but ran out of stones trying that way, because I'm mostly a non-IAP player. So, I worked at getting the mimimum HP level of 16,500 and ran it with...
  • Amaterasu Ohkami- Leader
  • Rainbow Keeper
  • Siren- Max-skilled
  • Ancient Wood Dragon Lagavulin
  • Dark Golem Mk. III
  • Friend's Green Odin

It took a long time, about 40 minutes total, but it was pretty safe. I ran it a second time immediately after.

In addition, with Poring Tower getting me a few max-skilled monsters and finally tackling and beating Hera, I feel like I'm finally getting able to take on tougher dungeons. I have spent $25 on the game, but almost all of my really powerful monsters have come from free stones. The only one from a drop I paid for that's really helped me has been my Amaterasu.

I don't regret spending the money, because I've gotten hours and hours of fun from the game, but I think it's ironic that the monsters I've paid for aren't the ones I use most: Parvati, Siren, Isis, Wood Dominion Michael, Viper Orochi, etc. Gung Ho gives away more than enough free stones for a free player to succeed.

Of course, I really want a Horus, but who doesn't?

Yaari

Fed away my +250 Zeus. I was getting really angry that I never really used him and my Healer team was not relevant because I did not have any plus eggs on Valk. So there Zeus went.

I can now farm Hera with that team, and I doubt I will be regretting it at all.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Fed away my +250 Zeus. I was getting really angry that I never really used him and my Healer team was not relevant because I did not have any plus eggs on Valk. So there Zeus went.

I can now farm Hera with that team, and I doubt I will be regretting it at all.

What's the typical healer team to farm Hera with?

StMeph

Wrecked Hera with what would have been a planned 1-stone clear using Goemon.

A stray heart drop healed me over the threshold on Hades, so I needed to hope for -- and then juggle -- a friendly board on Hera to heal 8k HP and get back under 20%. Debated for a little bit, but spent another 2 stones on Hera to be able to do so, and successfully 2-shot her with 2x Goemon + Freyr Actives up. 3 stones total.

Now to wait for another 25 stam to get Hera #2.

Blue Mystery Dragon apparently has Zeus's skill for water monsters. Might end up being pretty good especially since it only has 35 team cost as opposed to the recent trend of making them 9000000 cost.

StMeph

Blue Mystery Dragon apparently has Zeus's skill for water monsters. Might end up being pretty good especially since it only has 35 team cost as opposed to the recent trend of making them 9000000 cost.

So 35% gravity vs. Hera-Is's 30% gravity.

35 team cost vs. Hera-Is's 60 team cost.

Stats? There's no way it's good, or else that would be baffling.

suko_32

Whew, got my first Hera and it's even a plus egg lol. I had to waste two stones though. One due to careless mistake and the other due to bad luck.

SoD Luci (99)
Rainbow Keeper
Rainbow Keeper
Siren the Enchanter (65, max skill w/+62)
Abyss Neptune (65)
SoD Luci (98)

Edit: Now I can finally do the Valkyrie dungeon next time it pops up.
Edit2: Was too afraid to try Horus team.

Got a +egg Hera using 4 stones & a 24x HorusRa team with GOdin, Echidna, UL Hades & Neptune Deity subs.

Pretty proud of myself since I had neither the assets or team cost (96) to assemble any of the recommended teams. Also glad that for once - my bad comboing actually helps out in terms of stalling.

what teams do you guys use to 0stone Hera? The team i'm using can get it done, but damn is it slow

D/D Hades (99)
SirentE (max skill : 75)
Siren (max skill : 54)
Echidna (77)
Shiva (93)
GROdin Helper

no multiplier is killing me.

Well the RNG just fucked me. Running a Goemon team, if necessary I can survive a hit from every level except Hades with max health. Well, I have all my skills charged, and I get a heart cascade after killing Neptune. Now I literally can't win the dungeon. Fuck.

massoluk

Banned
Wow, lady luck got me good, I was expecting to 0 stones Hera, ended 5 stones. The heart just refused to show up. I guess I should have used one of the golem for defense instead of my pride Laphroaig.

CDD, Hera, Max Siren, Max Siren, Laphroaig, Odin.

At least I wasn't cheated out of the prized Golden Egg.

Jiraiza

Wow, lady luck got me good, I was expecting to 0 stones Hera, ended 5 stones. The heart just refused to show up. I guess I should have used one of the golem for defense instead of my pride Laphroaig.

At least you got it, I went in with a LD Ralph and Ult. Evo Thor and wasted 4 stones on Hera because fuck the RNG for hearts, it just never gives you what you want. She was a little under half too. I just gave up because I wasn't going to bank any more stones on how shitty the RNG is for hearts.

I really wish there was a disable the use stone pop up, I really want to hit myself for being so retarded. Not using stones ever again UNLESS I know the team I have will finish the dungeon.

Outside of using two bucks, at least I'm not as upset since these stones were free anyway. Still annoyed though.

linsivvi

Spent 5 stones unnecessarily on my 2nd run too. I was talking to some people most of the way and didn't pay attention to my health bar at all. The feeling you get right after you moved that stone and noticed your health is at 1. And it happened a few times. Ouch.

And with today's Poring Tower runs I've maxed everything worth giving a shit about and have five stacks of green Porings left for when I get a Choo Choo in 2015. Time to finish leveling up my rewards I guess.

I got to thinking, the next few new descends we are going to get are Satan and the weird dragon-poring low cost dungeon. Satan seems like a normal descend, bring your best and stones and he will fall.

Dragon-poring/low cost is really different. All costs below 10? Maybe a 4* healer 4x team? perhaps a Vamp lord 2x dark team? Not a whole lot of great leaders on that ticket.

Point is, what are everyone's thoughts on the low cost dungeon and do you have anything up your sleeve?

Draggie on Master is easy with a monocolor team featuring an unevolved elemental and unbustied starter dragon as leaders. I took a Thanatos and whatever <=10 cost dark monsters happened to be lying around into it and hardly broke a sweat. Double Vamps is also common. I think Legendary would also be doable if my party was actually properly leveled up.

I'm more worried about the <=12 cost Tengu dungeon; for the difficulty jump all you really get for additional party options that I can tell are the fully evolved demons. Most of the successful parties in JP use monsters from either the Evangelion or Gunma collabs and obviously we don't have either of those.

Draggie on Master is easy with a monocolor team featuring an unevolved elemental and unbustied starter dragon as leaders. I took a Thanatos and whatever <=10 cost dark monsters happened to be lying around into it and hardly broke a sweat. Double Vamps is also common. I think Legendary would also be doable if my party was actually properly leveled up.

I'm more worried about the <=12 cost Tengu dungeon; for the difficulty jump all you really get for additional party options that I can tell are the fully evolved demons. Most of the successful parties in JP use monsters from either the Evangelion or Gunma collabs and obviously we don't have either of those.

So, based on my monster box and only having 1 unevolved elemental (Lucky I guess), I get to run a Mono-Green!. Sylph, Earth gaurdian (Lvl 70 so 2.2k HP), marine Rider, and two not yet obtained monsters (or Puzzdroid & Dragonette...) I guess I should get cracking.

<= 12 Tengu teams? What about an Attacker teams? Something like Marine Rider, Fully Evo'd Demons and Mid Ninjas?

J0dy77

Since Poring Tower has been very unkind to me since the 2x event over the weekend I decided to spend stamina until I cleared Queen of Gods. FINALLY did it with Goemon (horus/resolve/resist teams were close but couldnt do it). Goemon is a beast, only took me two tries. I wiped the first time on Hera due to a cascade heart match after Fireworks in round 6 that had me 200hp over 20%. Second run I one shot the dragon and one shot Hera.

I'm kicking myself for not spending a ton of stamina on Ruby dragons yesterday. I had the time wrong for Super king (1 in the morning, FU gungho) and missed out on a lot of experience.

There is a ton of potential with this team and is very easy to build. One thing I'm noticing is that you don't want to overlook RCV. Being able to stall to enable Firework and consistently heal yourself in the early rounds is very important. Here's what my team looks like right now:

8gpVnem.png

Edit: Update my icon to honor the power of the Thief. Zeus is next.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Since Poring Tower has been very unkind to me since the 2x event over the weekend I decided to spend stamina until I cleared Queen of Gods. FINALLY did it with Goemon (horus/resolve/resist teams were close but couldnt do it). Goemon is a beast, only took me two tries. I wiped the first time on Hera due to a cascade heart match after Fireworks in round 6 that had me 200hp over 20%. Second run I one shot the dragon and one shot Hera.

I'm kicking myself for not spending a ton of stamina on Ruby dragons yesterday. I had the time wrong for Super king (1 in the morning, FU gungho) and missed out on a lot of experience.

There is a ton of potential with this team and is very easy to build. One thing I'm noticing is that you don't want to overlook RCV. Being able to stall to enable Firework and consistently heal yourself in the early rounds is very important. Here's what my team looks like right now:

8gpVnem.png

Edit: Update my icon to honor the power of the Thief. Zeus is next.

Why do some folks use Blue King Slime on their Goemon team?

I'm considering dropping Lucifer into my Goemon team. That way, I can keep my HP topped off until go time. And then it's go time.

EDIT: Wow, so I left Amaterasu Ohkami up overnight after doing masks before going to bed, and my friend requests just shot up to 30. That's crazy.

T-Matt

Had to spend 2$ on stones due to silly errors but I got my Hera. It's hard not to make those errors if you're using a team that takes you a long time to beat the dungeon. Used Siren, siren, Shiva, 2xRK and max lvl Odin.

So, based on my monster box and only having 1 unevolved elemental (Lucky I guess), I get to run a Mono-Green!. Sylph, Earth gaurdian (Lvl 70 so 2.2k HP), marine Rider, and two not yet obtained monsters (or Puzzdroid & Dragonette...) I guess I should get cracking.

<= 12 Tengu teams? What about an Attacker teams? Something like Marine Rider, Fully Evo'd Demons and Mid Ninjas?
Hadn't considered a Rider team; that might be possible if your team can down enough mobs to stall and charge up skills, cause they hit hard (which is why the HP multiplying elementals and Eva pilots and the high RCV Gunma mobs are prevalent). Also watch out for the will o' wisps on Round 4 who have 54,000 DEF and a few thousand HP; you will have to find some way to deal with them. Japan has a high HP green poisoner in Marlboro King and a 1 cost dark Evo mat who skills up Shiva while it seems like we'll have to make do with 4* Lilith.

Was only able to do a few super ruby runs yesterday so only got Shiva the Destroyer from the mid-50s to 90. I don't have a ton of red pendgras stored so I doubt I will max him out after plants tomorrow but it will be close.

I did manage to get a Titan to drop and was able to evolve him. So that gives me two Gigas. Goemon teams like two Red Giants, right? I also had about 15 red flamie things from poring saved. Guess h0w many skill ups I got? Grrr...

J0dy77

Aye - so I don't need to bother keeping mine if I've got Horus, right? A+ if so

I don't see the need. The blue slime's overall stats hurt the team in the early rounds (which is the hardest part). Your other members need to be really strong to make up for it. If you have horus and the blue slime you could one shot anything in the game regardless of color. Horus skill is 1.5x, and blue slime is 3x, stacking them would be insane damage.

Kicking myself for not trying this earlier I just one shot Zeus in starlight. With horus skill and Firework and one extra match he dropped to about 3% health with another firework left to use. The tiamat and CDD were a joke. Back to my horus team for Zaerog.

This win felt great.

EoJlaWFl.jpg

I'm considering dropping Lucifer into my Goemon team. That way, I can keep my HP topped off until go time. And then it's go time.

I was thinking about adding Lucifer to my Goemon team, though not exactly how you suggest. Rather than using him immediately when you're ready to deal damage, save him in case you get an accidental heart match. The only issue is he would take the place of either a heart breaker, making it more difficult to safely get rid of hearts, or echidna, who could be necessary for some one turn bosses. I think I'll try running this team later.
aPcIwM0l.jpg

Bertyo

Neo Member
So I just Rolled an amaterasu and a siren the enchanter. I've been rerolling for a few days now and I'm wondering if I should just stick with these.

Kreed

Aye - so I don't need to bother keeping mine if I've got Horus, right? A+ if so

Not for an all red Goemon team, but if you run a multicolored physical team (technical dungeons) or leaders that increase physical strength (ex: Two Siegfried leaders), then you might want to keep it around.

Nista

I've had terrible luck with Descended dungeons this event, so I think I'll skip Hera today, since I don't feel like trying to farm it for skill ups.

I have ended up with 3 Ras from the last godfest. Is there any reason to use or level up all of them as subs, or should I feed them off and hope for a skillup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom