• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaari

I've had terrible luck with Descended dungeons this event, so I think I'll skip Hera today, since I don't feel like trying to farm it for skill ups.

I have ended up with 3 Ras from the last godfest. Is there any reason to use or level up all of them as subs, or should I feed them off and hope for a skillup?

Ra are really fun for Super King dungeons. I'd use them all as subs.

Well I must give a big thanks to George Claw M.D. for his Green Odin, spent 5 stones on Hera due to either silly mistakes (2am, a nearby club was had thumping bass and I couldn't sleep anyway) but I made it and got the drop!

my team was Abyss Neptune, Siren enchantress (lvl 50), Echidna empress (lvl 15), RK and Water deity Isis (lvl 40) along with the green awakened odin.

Isis with her 8 cool down heal was an alright sub for a second siren, the RK really didn't help much and was mainly there for the HP. Hardest part of course was the first 4 rounds (I actually died on the first hit of the second hit of the first round and considered giving up to try again but at this point I had already died once using a different team and I was out for vengeance).

Now to let her rot in my box! well I might level her up but certainly won't be skilling her up any time soon.

Jiraiza

Does anyone have a max level Abyss Neptune? Figured I'd try Hera one last time with a resist and LD Raphael lead.

ID for those with hearts of gold:
Excor@PG

Well I didn't even get past the first round. Last time I died because of too many hearts and this time I died because of too few. Goemon is really not working for me today. Now I need to wait for some stamina to try again.

J0dy77

Wow, time for a new thread and I can't believe I'm still in the top 10 posters of this thread and haven't posted here in months. I still watch you guys from time to time though (stalkerrrr), nice to see you're still having fun.

Come back Xel we miss you. :)

So many of us in this thread aren't spending any money. Just remove your cc from iTunes. ;)

Yaari

I really hope we'll get Satan soon. What was that event we might be having soon? 1mil downloads?

Also that Groove Coaster thing starting soon now, right? Hopefully it is worth farming.

Teriyaki

Wow, Hera with no Max SL Siren is rough. Cost me 10 stones and played on and off for most of the day, but finally got the drop.

Just added, was occupied doing something. I'm not sure whether Hades or Neptune would be better for Hades, hmm...
What are you looking for? Poison or Gravity? In terms of their resists, Hades will give you a stronger Dark resist, but Neptune could help during the early rounds with his resistance of two elements. Obviously, if you don't have a Neptune of your own, I should put up Neptune so you can get Hydra's Poison. Stats-wise, the two are pretty close. Hades hits a bit harder, and Neptune has a bit more HP.

The first time I did Hera back in the day, though, I used Hades/Odin. I didn't have Neptune back then, so it took me FOREVER to beat Neptune with Lilith's Poison Mist.

Jiraiza

What are you looking for? Poison or Gravity? In terms of their resists, Hades will give you a stronger Dark resist, but Neptune could help during the early rounds with his resistance of two elements. Obviously, if you don't have a Neptune of your own, I should put up Neptune so you can get Hydra's Poison. Stats-wise, the two are pretty close. Hades hits a bit harder, and Neptune has a bit more HP.

The first time I did Hera back in the day, though, I used Hades/Odin. I didn't have Neptune back then, so it took me FOREVER to beat Neptune with Lilith's Poison Mist.

I think my only problem is Hades. If Hades wasn't there, I would've just ran the dungeon with double LD Raphael, but yeah. I'll go with Neptune then although I'm not sure if I can burst down Hades enough in 10 turns with Raphael as the lead, :|.

I think my only problem is Hades. If Hades wasn't there, I would've just ran the dungeon with double LD Raphael, but yeah. I'll go with Neptune then although I'm not sure if I can burst down Hades enough in 10 turns with Raphael as the lead, :|.
Are you sure? Hades will give you more resistance against Hades, too, and Gravity will help you burst him. Your choice, though. Just let me know. =)

Okay nevermind, give me Hades, :3. Still waiting on the server to update the friend list majigger.
Accepted, and Hades should be up. Good luck!

EDIT: Regarding low cost monsters, Angeling only costs 12 and come at max level right out of the gate. That's not too shabby, paired up with Siren, Echidna, and maybe Vampire Lord.

Jagernaut

Having 2 weeks of Poring Tower is great, I have max skilled Emperor Siegfried, Heroic Cu Chulain, Lilith, and CoC Glorious Healer. I have 1 skillup left for Mastering and 4 left for my new Valkyrie.

If we had at least 1 week of Scarlet Snake Princess I could get the last 3 skillups I need for Echidna.

Jiraiza

Accepted, and Hades should be up. Good luck!

EDIT: Regarding low cost monsters, Angeling only costs 12 and come at max level right out of the gate. That's not too shabby, paired up with Siren, Echidna, and maybe Vampire Lord.

Well, that was a no go. I died on the green god. Seriously, is the game out to get people by not giving hearts or something? Jesus.

Aww yeah! This is the first time I tried swapping out Freyr for Lucifer on my Goemon team. I only had 13K exp to go for rank-up and I only had 12 stamina remaining. So, I waited until I had 17 stamina to run SS Zeus, since it would give me enough exp for a rank-up. An unlucky Heart cascade match on CDD would've meant death with my old team. But Lucifer saved the day by resetting my HP back to 1. Of course the tradeoff is that this team can no longer 1-shot SS Zeus without additional matches, but Echidna's delay gave me 4 turns to kill him. I only needed 3 turns. Red Giant Gigas activated on turn 3 to give me the final burst to kill Zeus. If you activate Gigas in the Tiamat fight, he'll be ready again no later than the last turn of Echidna's activation if he's max-skilled. SS Zeus has over 5mil HP, which is why this Freyr-less version can't 1-shot him. But this team can still 1-shot bosses like special dungeon Zeus and Valkyrie.

xVXj43B.jpg

Z2mwHJp.png

SaintR

Just finished Hera and actually got the drop. Had to 1 stone it because I forgot to activate rainbow keeper to tank 1 hit from Hades.
I used the following team:
ZA9S1EL.jpg

The irony here is there was always a conflict of time when Hera popped up or had horrible luck with the dungeon. Yet I pumped a bunch of stones into Hera-Is when I probably could've pumped less into getting Hera.

Edit: since I already have 2 Heras (hera-is) do I need another Hera?

Yaari

Interesting. Nothing worse than wasting away 17 stamina because of a silly heart match. I might give it a try sometime aswell.

SaintR

Btw just want to thank you guys once again for being such a great community. It can't be stated enough how much more value you add to this game in terms of enjoyment and information.

atlantos

Neo Member
Tried Hara Dungeon with Goemon Team last night. I had 2 max skilled Giagas, One max skilled Phoenix Knight, One max skilled Echidia. Freaking I was travelling so well, one shotting most bosses until I got to Hades and bloody freaking accidentally heal myself above that 20% in Hades match. I knew I had no chance of winning the match and I just had to give up... wasted 50 stamina.. I should have run a couple of pouring tower instead... so mad at myself that I haven't play the game since... By the way, I already had 3 Haras... I don't know why I run the dungeon.. May be I was hoping for a skill up :(

I finally managed to take down Hera with Goemon. I wish I'd had more time. I may have spent a few stones farming if I'd gotten comfortable running it a little earlier.

Then I saw George's post and figured I'd truly my luck on King of Gods. Overall it wasn't too bad. I ran the same team he did, minus a few levels and a bunch of +eggs. Had no issues stalling, but when I got to Tiamat, she was on 1 turn and I had no hearts or red orbs. So I popped Goemon and used Gigas against CDD. But I forgot to stall a turn so that Gigas would be charged in case I needed him against Zeus. Which I did... Oh well at least I know it's possible. Something interesting did happen though. I had to pop Lucifer after CDD due to a random heart match, and I managed to survive another random heart match and stay below the 20% threshold. That really shows the benefits of high HP/threshold for this team. In fact with a maxed out Goemon, Gigas, and a good amount of +eggs, it would be possible to survive a hit from Zeus, if you could manage to heal back to full.

Dispatch

So I just Rolled an amaterasu and a siren the enchanter. I've been rerolling for a few days now and I'm wondering if I should just stick with these.

My most used leader is my Amaterasu, fully evolved and level 91, but you should reroll. I know it's a pain, but the time you'll save in frustrating death and lack of advancement later is worth it. If I was rerolling now, I would wait until I got a Horus, Archangel Lucifer, or maybe, maybe Isis, though I find my Isis just isn't powerful enough to get the job done, even paired with Horus.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
The irony here is there was always a conflict of time when Hera popped up or had horrible luck with the dungeon. Yet I pumped a bunch of stones into Hera-Is when I probably could've pumped less into getting Hera.

Edit: since I already have 2 Heras (hera-is) do I need another Hera?

Since Hera's main type is dark, having her as an option over Is isn't terrible.

Man, this 2x skill event has been rough. I've not maxed anything but Lilith (and who the fuck cares about her anymore?), and I've only managed a few skillups on the guys I care about. I may just keep farming Poring Expert today and try and make it happen, but I'm not counting on it.

Yaari

Same here. I've actually given up on my second Valk. I'm fine with her not being able to switch orbs every 5 rounds. Its not like I needed it that often anyway.

I'm going back to farming 1.5x or King of Gods. Really have to get to 150 stamina soon so I get the most out of my stone refills. I hate wasting stamina on Super Ruby dungeons aswell. Would be great to get 3 runs out of a stone.

raiot

Im with yaari! Will now farm king if gods, to level up my team cost and stamina. This Zaerog team is just so expensive!:)
I'm on vacation in Bulgaria at the moment but I'm ill and can't go to the beach today... So I finally maxxed my second valk! Woohoo!:)))

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Master Green Skydragon down. SUPER easy with GrOdin + Amaterasu. I'll farm that a bit to get the drop. I'd LOVE to see a Gryphon pop up... <3

Yeah, Gungho is definitely making the sticker girls available again in some form; they just added active skills for the unevolved versions.

Also Skydragon busties add attacker subtype to them. Don't have any Skydragons myself on JP so I can't check what their exact buffs were.

J0dy77

Aww yeah! This is the first time I tried swapping out Freyr for Lucifer on my Goemon team. I only had 13K exp to go for rank-up and I only had 12 stamina remaining. So, I waited until I had 17 stamina to run SS Zeus, since it would give me enough exp for a rank-up. An unlucky Heart cascade match on CDD would've meant death with my old team. But Lucifer saved the day by resetting my HP back to 1. Of course the tradeoff is that this team can no longer 1-shot SS Zeus without additional matches, but Echidna's delay gave me 4 turns to kill him. I only needed 3 turns. Red Giant Gigas activated on turn 3 to give me the final burst to kill Zeus. If you activate Gigas in the Tiamat fight, he'll be ready again no later than the last turn of Echidna's activation if he's max-skilled. SS Zeus has over 5mil HP, which is why this Freyr-less version can't 1-shot him. But this team can still 1-shot bosses like special dungeon Zeus and Valkyrie.
]

Grats George, amazing how powerful this team is. Basically one shotting Zeus with Horus Skill/Firework is really eye opening (almost 5 million damage and my team isn't close to finished).

The way I see it, any dungeon that has some fluff in the early rounds where you can tank hits and stall i'll run Goemon. Anything else I'll run Horus.

J0dy77

Having 2 weeks of Poring Tower is great, I have max skilled Emperor Siegfried, Heroic Cu Chulain, Lilith, and CoC Glorious Healer. I have 1 skillup left for Mastering and 4 left for my new Valkyrie.

If we had at least 1 week of Scarlet Snake Princess I could get the last 3 skillups I need for Echidna.

This has definitely been one of my favorite events. I maxed Chu, Valkyrie, Megalodron, a second Vampire, 2 Titans and have Fairlion at turn 6 and Seigfreid at turn 7. I want to keep running to get Seigfried maxed but it's really hard to get those blue porings for some reason.

Pacman2k

Feels like dumping stamina down the drain... just trying to get one last skill up for Sieg out of this damn poring dungeon and it just will not give it to me....

At least they give ok EXP.

Edit: Also today is my day 200. Hooray. :)

I'm now 3/40 on Valkyrie skill-ups. Only 40 more Drops to go! I just realized that the yellow Poring is literally called "Drops."

On a different note, I'm glad someone pointed out that Vamp Lord's team cost is only 10. My second max skilled Vamp Lord is at Lvl.65. But now I'll hold off on evolving him for the limited levels dungeons.

J0dy77

I'm now 3/40 on Valkyrie skill-ups. Only 40 more Drops to go! I just realized that the yellow Poring is literally called "Drops."

On a different note, I'm glad someone pointed out that Vamp Lord's team cost is only 10. My second max skilled Vamp Lord is at Lvl.65. But now I'll hold off on evolving him for the limited levels dungeons.

I was just going to post about the limited level dungeons. I completely forgot about them but just saw a few videos on TubeGame's channel. I'm kicking myself over feeding my unevolved Chu and Seigfried now.

This has definitely been one of my favorite events. I maxed Chu, Valkyrie, Megalodron, a second Vampire, 2 Titans and have Fairlion at turn 6 and Seigfreid at turn 7. I want to keep running to get Seigfried maxed but it's really hard to get those blue porings for some reason.
I'm in the same boat. I'd like to have my Siegfried maxed but it may not be worth it. The blues never seem to drop for me. If I decide to try to finish him off, I'll just be running expert this weekend for 2x drop.

Really glad this was a 2 week dungeon. skill up rates are shit, but at least these guys are 15k a pop.

Nothing for Gigas or Valk. Max Choo Choo, Vamp, Megaldran, and one left on Sieg. All in all, not so bad.

J0dy77

I'm in the same boat. I'd like to have my Siegfried maxed but it may not be worth it. The blues never seem to drop for me. If I decide to try to finish him off, I'll just be running expert this weekend for 2x drop.

I was having miserable luck with the yellows but had pretty good skill up rate. Got the last one for Valk which was a really big win for me. I'll wait for the 2x on Sunday and then sit on any blues I get. Just really glad I never have to worry about skill-ups agains for all of my orb changers.

I was just going to post about the limited level dungeons. I completely forgot about them but just saw a few videos on TubeGame's channel. I'm kicking myself over feeding my unevolved Chu and Seigfried now.
Don't worry too much about it. Unless you're talking about Highlander and Berserk, Cu Chulainn and Seigfried's (and Great Valkyrie's) cost are 15, making Vampire Lord and Gigas the only viable heart breakers, at 10 cost.

Glad I have so much damn box space! I am going to go crazy with 2x drops.
FYI about that AND TO EVERYONE ELSE ALSO...

2x skill-up event and special Pal event end TONIGHT! So, unless you don't mind attempting skill-ups without 2x bonus(probably wouldn't make a difference for me seeing as I'm now 3/45 on Valk skill-ups) any Porings you farm during the next 2x drop rate on Sunday will be outside of the 2x skill-up event. Thanks GungHo!

Abandond

FYI about that AND TO EVERYONE ELSE ALSO...

2x skill-up event and special Pal event end TONIGHT! So, unless you don't mind attempting skill-ups without 2x bonus(probably wouldn't make a difference for me seeing as I'm now 3/45 on Valk skill-ups) any Porings you farm during the next 2x drop rate on Sunday will be outside of the 2x skill-up event. Thanks GungHo!

Welp.

This I do not like, I've been holding off on Poring so I can get mats for the heart breaker evos. D:

Oh wow. I'm only 3/45 on Valk skill-ups, but I just fed 5 Ghostrings to my far less useful Lilith and got 3 skill-ups...

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ............ *breaks down crying*

Oh wow. I'm only 3/45 on Valk skill-ups, but I just fed 5 Ghostrings to my far less useful Lilith and got 3 skill-ups...

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ............ *breaks down crying*

How many are you feeding to Valk at a time? I've been really annoyed about skill up rates lately, so I started feeding 4-5 at a time, and this has helped alot. It seems very possible that overall, you are going to get less skill ups this way. However, it will be more steady...you won't go 20 without a skill up this way, or at least it is crazy unlikely.

Dispatch

I agree that the event has been worthwhile. I've max-skilled my Vampire Lord, Gigas, and Valkyrie and got to level three on Chu, and Lilith. My Isis/Horus team feels a lot more powerful with all the skillups.

J0dy77

How many are you feeding to Valk at a time? I've been really annoyed about skill up rates lately, so I started feeding 4-5 at a time, and this has helped alot. It seems very possible that overall, you are going to get less skill ups this way. However, it will be more steady...you won't go 20 without a skill up this way, or at least it is crazy unlikely.

After the 2x poring event and this one I'm convinced something is in play where they just shut off skill ups to troll you. I went at least 40 skillup chances during the 2x and another 40 the last time poring came around and I couldn't buy a skillup. Then suddenly it went back to the normal awful rate.

Wanchan

After the 2x poring event and this one I'm convinced something is in play where they just shut off skill ups to troll you. I went at least 40 skillup chances during the 2x and another 40 the last time poring came around and I couldn't buy a skillup. Then suddenly it went back to the normal awful rate.

I'm really not sure how this works but i'm really unlucky so far...the only easy one i maxed was Lilith (took me like 15 ghost or so). Then it took me more than 50 baddies and 4 vampires to max my Vampire lord, i'm close to 45 MFK on Phoenix Homura and he's still at skill lvl 2....I'm not even gonna say how many monsters i wasted on Echidna, Chu², Valk and Sieg...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom