• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
A hint of what's to come next week:

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/08/space-invaders-take-over-puzzle-dragons/

pd01_thumb.jpg

??????? What?

lenni

Tubegameplayer uses a team with 2 collab attacker type monsters, echidna, king flamie and evolved samurai goblins as leaders. Now, I know we don't have the collab monsters he does, but I think they can just be replaced with more goblins, as he kills the draggie slime even though he misses a turn and doesn't use his Flamie at all. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0S0TnRq6l4

I'm thinking:

Leader: Red Goblin
Echidna
Pyro Demon
Pyro Demon
OCTOPUS Ver.2
Friend: Red Goblin

This would land at (everything max level) 8164 HP and with almost 19k fire ATK (after multipliers) Draggie Knight's ~835k HP might be very much possible to take down in 4 turns.

I need to get a Chu Chu this time around. What do you guys think is the safest route for farming two heroes? I tend to go mono blue, but I could also try a Loki dark team or mono red perhaps (don't have a Lucifer).

i generally roll mono-green and it works out. If you do mono-blue...make sure you have some way to get through Highlander, probably ancient fire dragon.

I need to get a Chu Chu this time around. What do you guys think is the safest route for farming two heroes? I tend to go mono blue, but I could also try a Loki dark team or mono red perhaps (don't have a Lucifer).
Loki/Luci could work well if you have a few gravity subs in there. Unlike with Luci/Luci, you can only instantly vaporize one Vamp Lord instead of two, but your HP should be high enough where that shouldn't be that big of an issue.

mercviper

I'm thinking:

Leader: Red Goblin
Echidna
Pyro Demon
Pyro Demon
OCTOPUS Ver.2
Friend: Red Goblin

This would land at (everything max level) 8164 HP and with almost 19k fire ATK (after multipliers) Draggie Knight's ~835k HP might be very much possible to take down in 4 turns.

Not sold on the Octopus V2 unless you decided to max skill it, and I think I would instead have another Goblin/Demon or King Flamie. Demon is nice because it's cheap to max and gives good stats, but the active is practically nothing, Goblin has good stats and provides a heartbreaker, but expensive to max, and Flamie's stats are mediocre but he gives a 3x boost to the team for 1 turn and is also cheap to max. Flamie and Octopus require a fair amount of stalling, and Octopus and Goblin both require a lot of XP to match, but Octopus' stats are garbage. You could argue that you don't need levels in Octopus to make it useful since all it really gives is HP in stats anyway but an extra Goblin would achieve a similar purpose with better stats.

Scratch

*GROOVE COASTER ZERO Collaboration Event*
[8/12 midnight - 8/25 11:59 PM PDT]

Puzzle & Dragons joins with TAITO's GROOVE COASTER ZERO for a super cool collab event.

Enjoy new remixes of the classic Puzzle & Dragons music as you hunt down iconic SPACE INVADERS in an all-new collab Dungeon.

Don't forget to check out GROOVE COASTER ZERO - a hip, stylized rhythm game which will features songs from the Puzzle & Dragons soundtrack as playable stages.

oh hey

lenni

Not sold on the Octopus V2 unless you decided to max skill it, and I think I would instead have another Goblin/Demon or King Flamie. Demon is nice because it's cheap to max and gives good stats, but the active is practically nothing, Goblin has good stats and provides a heartbreaker, but expensive to max, and Flamie's stats are mediocre but he gives a 3x boost to the team for 1 turn and is also cheap to max. Flamie and Octopus require a fair amount of stalling, and Octopus and Goblin both require a lot of XP to match, but Octopus' stats are garbage. You could argue that you don't need levels in Octopus to make it useful since all it really gives is HP in stats anyway but an extra Goblin would achieve a similar purpose with better stats.

I'll definitely try to max skill Octopus, as I don't have an Ares to feed.
I think it'd be useful. You'd have to stall for Echidna anyways and its HP helps in the rounds up to the boss. Also the bonus water->fire conversion instead of just another heart breaker.
Demons I could see replacing, but as you said, a team of Goblins would be kinda expensive.

mercviper

I'll definitely try to max skill Octopus, as I don't have an Ares to feed.
I think it'd be useful. You'd have to stall for Echidna anyways and its HP helps in the rounds up to the boss. Also the bonus water->fire conversion instead of just another heart breaker.
Demons I could see replacing, but as you said, a team of Goblins would be kinda expensive.

Oh yeah. I guess I kinda forgot I only have 1 echidna that has skillups, so I do have to stall for her. That's going to be fun.

Okay just kidding Skydragon Rush is complete bullshit cause on Legendary everything has a pre-emptive attack and of course no heal orbs

Their busties look pretty cool at least.

I appreciate the help I got with my red team so with the blue dragon dungeon being active today I figured I would ask the same for my mono-blue team.

I typically run:
Fortune Deity Lakshmi - 72
Abyss Neptune - 99
Fenrir Knight Kamui - 56
Emperor Siegfried - 57
CAD - 51

My significant blue subs:
I&I, the Twin Archers - 16
Awoken Hera-Is - 33
Megalodran - 56
Siren the Enchanter - 54
Viper Orochi - 9
all of the dragons except mech

Two questions:
1 - Any subs that belong on the main team?
2 - What should I focus my xp on?

Okay just kidding Skydragon Rush is complete bullshit cause on Legendary everything has a pre-emptive attack and of course no heal orbs

Their busties look pretty cool at least.
No heal orbs AND pre-emptive? That negates Lucifer and Goemon teams! And with all the colors showing up, double-resist teams get rocked, too. I wonder what the team setup should be for this.

I appreciate the help I got with my red team so with the blue dragon dungeon being active today I figured I would ask the same for my mono-blue team.

I typically run:
Fortune Deity Lakshmi - 72
Abyss Neptune - 99
Fenrir Knight Kamui - 56
Emperor Siegfried - 57
CAD - 51

My significant blue subs:
I&I, the Twin Archers - 16
Awoken Hera-Is - 33
Megalodran - 56
Siren the Enchanter - 54
Viper Orochi - 9
all of the dragons except mech

Two questions:
1 - Any subs that belong on the main team?
2 - What should I focus my xp on?

I stopped using Rippers a LONG time ago. There are better dragons with betters stats (namely Ancient for one). max skill siren is very usefull, especially paired with Sieg

Defense : switch ripper for Siren
Offense : switch ripper for ancient

No heal orbs AND pre-emptive? That negates Lucifer and Goemon teams! And with all the colors showing up, double-resist teams get rocked, too. I wonder what the team setup should be for this.
Clearly all you need is a max skilled Isis as a sub to heal back the pre-emptive every three turns and run Ra/Ra [/tubegameplayer]

On a slightly more serious note, as long as you have 16k HP you can survive all five pre-emptives and hopefully burst every boss down in one go. If my Kirin team were higher leveled it might have been possible.

Also somebody on my friends list was crazy enough to actually get a max SL Isis so yeahhhh

J0dy77

oh wow. now that's a quick turn around between events. Holding onto my porings for the next 2x event :D

I don't think this is an event, just the special dungeon.

Probably another week before we see more stones.

So I was looking at the Skydragon busty evolves. They actually get really strong with the busty, almost 2k DMG with no plus eggs and dual color is A LOT of DMG. That is going to fit nicely in my descended Horus team with susano, viper and echidna.

Yaari

I don't think this is an event, just the special dungeon.

Probably another week before we see more stones.

So I was looking at the Skydragon busty evolves. They actually get really strong with the busty, almost 2k DMG with no plus eggs and dual color is A LOT of DMG. That is going to fit nicely in my descended Horus team with susano, viper and echidna.

I agree. We still need to get that 1mil celebration, but for some reason Gungho US never does events back to back. :(

Rekwest

All I want is 10 mythlits to evolve my Monsters

Wasted 75 Stamina on the Friday dungeon,for 4 weeks still nothing.

*sigh*

Kyu

Neo Member
What are those pluses? Luci can always take major advantage of HP and RCV, but I personally don't feel that Attack is that big a deal for him.

The StE pluses are rcv. Knight and adk are mixed hp and atk. HP and rcv makes sense, but where should I put my atk then? (for future eggs when I don't fuse them together)

The StE pluses are rcv. Knight and adk are mixed hp and atk. HP and rcv makes sense, but where should I put my atk then? (for future eggs when I don't fuse them together)
Right now, I'm splitting mine between Horus and Neptune, but Goemon might enter that mix, too, depending on how I feel.

I don't farm for + eggs, though, so my pluses are pretty rubbish.

is anybody putting up their abyss neptune for two heroes tomorrow?

Do you run a toyceratops and neptune resist team? If so what's your set up, I'm trying to see what I have to put a no stones team together and the suggested teams on puzzledragonx don't fully match what I've got unless I try the persephone+luci team, which failed miserably for me on Hera the other day

I ended up having a much easier time with a neptune+odin resist team, which I see wouldn't work so well here because it's two heroes (and 3 vamps on the previous round)

Scratch

Do you run a toyceratops and neptune resist team? If so what's your set up, I'm trying to see what I have to put a no stones team together and the suggested teams on puzzledragonx don't fully match what I've got unless I try the persephone+luci team, which failed miserably for me on Hera the other day

I ended up having a much easier time with a neptune+odin resist team, which I see wouldn't work so well here because it's two heroes (and 3 vamps on the previous round)

i use fortoytops and abyss neptune lead

and then 2 RK, echidna, and this time i'm bringing hera (not awoken, so that might be a problem).

problems are with the first level :X
and with not getting the hero you want

I have a question similar to Kyu. My primary max skill Siren has 26 +RCV. I have a second one, and the level difference is negligible. Is there any reason to still have two? I can't remember the last time I used both, and I'd really like to start putting RCV into Zaerog. Or maybe Lucifer. I'm still undecided on that.

PS: I've had terrible luck with +eggs today. More than 150 stamina spent without one.

I have a question similar to Kyu. My primary max skill Siren has 26 +RCV. I have a second one, and the level difference is negligible. Is there any reason to still have two? I can't remember the last time I used both, and I'd really like to start putting RCV into Zaerog. Or maybe Lucifer. I'm still undecided on that.
As someone with a +297 Zaerog and working on my Lucifer which is currently at +240, I say Lucifer over Zaerog.

+99 RCV only brings Zaerog's RCV up to 47. It's still a glass canon team with most Dragons including ADK and CDK also having poor RCV. And if you run mostly ADK/CDK with your dual Zaerogs like I do, then team HP is shit, too. I usually run around with only 14K-15K health for a maxed out team. Zaerog's strength is its 3.5x ATK boost, and I've found brand new Heavy Metal Dragon helpers to be pretty much just as effective as a maxed out Zaerog for the dungeons I use it in. Zaerog isn't very reliable for the hardest descended dungeons, because it's almost impossible to stall. That means it's mostly used for farming purposes. It works great for the Poring dungeon even on Master for example. But the team would still beat most dungeons I use it for just as easily as if I didn't dump +297 stats into it. I only really did it because it's the FUCKING LORD OF DRAGONS! Oh, and the tip of its tail is a gaddamn sword! How cool is that!

Lucifer, on the other hand, makes +RCV stats shine. Every +RCV gets a 4x boost if you're running dual Lucis. And his main strategy is to stall and heal with massive HP and RCV. Extra RCV just makes it that much easier to do so.

Bottom line, I find +RCV(as well as +HP) to be much more useful on Lucifer than Zaerog if you're deciding between the two.

Edit: Oh forgot the part about having 2 Sirens. I have 2 max skilled Sirens, and I've never used them at the same time. Just my 2 cents.

WillJustWill

Neo Member
Hmmm, any idea how feasible it would be to try and blitz through Two Heroes with double Goemon smashing through everything? I guess the main question would be if I could kill Berserk before my Echidna delay is gone, because I'd imagine I would die as soon as he gets his first hit in.

Kyu

Neo Member

Right now, I'm splitting mine between Horus and Neptune, but Goemon might enter that mix, too, depending on how I feel.

I don't farm for + eggs, though, so my pluses are pretty rubbish.

Alright, thanks for the advice! I think I'll stack and save my +atk for now until I have a Neptune or some other spike dmg leader

linsivvi

i use fortoytops and abyss neptune lead

and then 2 RK, echidna, and this time i'm bringing hera (not awoken, so that might be a problem).

problems are with the first level :X
and with not getting the hero you want

I am planning on using the same team but with Siren instead of Echidna.

Trying to level up Hera as much as possible before I do the run.

I am planning on using the same team but with Siren instead of Echidna.

Trying to level up Hera as much as possible before I do the run.

:) I might do the same, any chance you have the Fortoytops that I could use? My abyss neptune is only 42 (with +6hp +8atk) but I'm happy to lend him out.

Can I ask what the dungeon is like with a resist (neptune fortoytops) team? Any tips for a first timer?

I'm not sure how this team would get past the vampires if they were synced, damage would be really low and even with an echidna there'd be no way to eliminate one of them before they attacked.
I'm considering trying my persephone+lucifer team with a couple RKs, neptune and hera but then none of them are close to max level and damage would be low, if I ran out of hearts (which I'm sure will happen) then I'd be doomed.

you can use mine, though its only 37.

Thanks, at this point I'll take anything (invite sent).

Raika

Cleared for the first time with mono-red using 2 stones due to accidental kills and orb trolling. Got a Highlander who looks badass as hell sitting in my box. :>

Zero_IYAD

Woh! There's a P&D topic in GAF! Awesome :D

Hey everyone, am new here, been busy with the guys in ACNL topic so I really didn't check anything else!
I've been playing P&D since April & I made a slow but continues progress.

Here's my main monsters:

tumblr_mrb5h9Xowb1srgzyyo1_500.png

& this is my ID code:

tumblr_mrb5hmdvnv1srgzyyo1_500.png

I'd love to make some strong new friends.
Also I need advice on how to start beating dungeons above Expert/Master level.
I struggle lots with master level dungeons, yet I barely pass them.
My HP is an issue too, even with my Plesios & Brachys being in their highest evolution & max. level my total HP is still around 12000

Any advice is welcomed : )

Well, it cost me 1 stone (2 but got one for first time completion) and thankfully I scored Beserk for my blue team.

Now to play 2 days of porings to save some dudes for skillups.

Raika

SON OF A. I tried Heroes again and got orb trolled so damn hard in the first round. Only 3 fire orbs, then I healed up a bit on the next turn. Then finally had just enough for a mass attack but my finger slipped and everything went to hell.

50 stamina gone.

J0dy77

Hey everyone, am new here, been busy with the guys in ACNL topic so I really didn't check anything else!

Here's my main monsters:

My HP is an issue too, even with my Plesios & Brachys being in their highest evolution & max. level my total HP is still around 12000

Welcome to the thread.

Not to be harsh but you might want to reroll the next time a God event comes around if you don't find anything worthwhile with whatever stones you have at the time. Your box is all farmable mobs and nothing that is going to help you clear content easily at this point.

As someone with a +297 Zaerog and working on my Lucifer which is currently at +240, I say Lucifer over Zaerog.

Edit: Oh forgot the part about having 2 Sirens. I have 2 max skilled Sirens, and I've never used them at the same time. Just my 2 cents.
Thanks for the advice. Lucifer sounds like a good plan for RCV. I was planning on putting my HP and ATK into echidna once I finish Horus, but maybe the HP will be better off In Lucifer too.

Here's my main monsters:

Welcome to the party.

I second Jody. I'm honestly curious how you made it that far with 7 monsters. It looks like you've had some bad luck, I'd strongly consider re-rolling during a godfest and aim for some of the higher tier monsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom