• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanchan

Might have to spend stones on this collab since i'm using Ares/Artemis a lot, not sure why they picked I&I instead of Hermes tho ;(

BetaTester

Neo Member
PDX 12 Aug Update: Friend Finder Update

- Friend Finder will now search a player's whole monster collection instead of just the top 10. The top 10 will now come up as top 10 favorite monster leaders. You can also now search for monsters by minimum monster level, skill level and plus values. ( Mobile version will be updated tomorrow )

- You can search a player by their in-game name.

- A password retrieval/change system has been released.

- The login problems should now be fixed. Please clear your cookies one more time if you still have issues. Let me know if you continue to have problems logging in.

- You can navigate back to the home page by clicking on the Meteor Volcano Dragon in the top left corner of the page.

- Related resist monsters have been added to all dungeon pages.

- Monsters and dungeons that are only available in the JP version will have a special label at the top of the page.

- The monster category has been added to the monster profile section.

- UTC-4 timezone is added.

Kyu

Neo Member
amazing

I ended up with ten Berserks and about 17 stones poorer when taking into account stones used to expand box space to hold green Porings. But it's over for now.

Groove Coaster dungeon is super easy. Did the highest difficulty, Universe, with my underleveled Valk team. The unevolved aliens that drop at that difficulty feed for 7500 EXP so they're kinda like shitty Pengdra. Waves 5 and 9 drop evolved versions so you don't have to suffer through the ridiculous Evo mats to evolve them. Also the remix of the boss theme is kicking rad

How is the xp/stamina and gold/stamina?

Uthred

Is the old Google drive upgrade spreadsheet still floating around/updated?

Edit: To answer my own question, the sheet does seem to be around but doesnt seem to be updated to include angels and devils or later. Entered in all my monsters. Need 4000 pengdras to upgrade them, which is going to take...a while

I love getting double health drops in Zeus during stages I collected 2 Plus Eggs on. Great.
This is why I'm hesitant to make the switch to King of Gods. My team is fine but those heart cascades make me super nervous and I hate losing +eggs by dying.

For anyone who has been running Zeus, how do you feel it compares to Sea God of Heaven in terms of drops?

lenni

I really hope Gungho keeps their recent schedule of events and gives us 1M download event next weekend. My box is full of porings.

Is the old Google drive upgrade spreadsheet still floating around/updated?

Edit: To answer my own question, the sheet does seem to be around but doesnt seem to be updated to include angels and devils or later. Entered in all my monsters. Need 4000 pengdras to upgrade them, which is going to take...a while

Use PADHerder. Updates as new monsters are added.

razterik

The orb dragging and attack sounds in Groove Coaster are so cool. Finally a reason to play with sound on again. I wish they put this much effort into the usual music and sound effects.

J0dy77

This is why I'm hesitant to make the switch to King of Gods. My team is fine but those heart cascades make me super nervous and I hate losing +eggs by dying.

For anyone who has been running Zeus, how do you feel it compares to Sea God of Heaven in terms of drops?

I tried farming Zeus this weekend but my Goemon team just isn't there yet. One mistake or one bad heart cascade and you wipe and lose everything. I lost a Dub Myth on one of the runs. I'll stick with Sea God for a while just because it's more consistent, I can do that dungeon with my eyes closed with no risk involved.

Went and played Groove Coaster Zero cause why the hell not; it's actually a pretty sick game asides from all the IAP tracks. Which I guess is the point of doing a collab in the first place cause I would have never known about GCZ otherwise?

Uthred

Didnt want to waste stones on my main account so to alleviate my need to play that sweet, sweet REM kept rolling accounts on my ipad. Hello Archangel Lucifer. If only you could trade monsters

Use PADHerder. Updates as new monsters are added.

Oh thats pretty cool, cheers

Seems a tad buggy, on the sets and upgrades page it shows my monsters as added but on the my monsters page theres nothing, which is odd. Bulk add also seems a bit tempermental. Still a great resource.

Limit

Interesting. I guess I'll try and save space until then.

Also, what are the thoughts on the team requirements for the Universe difficulty? Any theorycrafting going on anywhere?

Here is some theorycrafting for you:

Step 1: Assemble dual SoD Lucifer team
Step 2: Go in guns blazing.
Step 3: Win

SaintR

This is why in not happy with the current state of teams and Gods. SoD is broken.
I agree to a degree with you as an owner of SOD Lucifer. however there is a catch with that team in that some dungeons it's a grind. I rather do some dungeons with Horus because it's more satisfying. But the risks are high.
So there is a sort of balance.

mercviper

This is why in not happy with the current state of teams and Gods. SoD is broken.

Well, this type of team existed when the Noels became available for everybody. It just wasn't as popular because the Noel nuke isn't as strong as SoD and the Noel teams do even less damage if the dungeon is the wrong color. The SoD team is strong but the dungeons should still take forever because of 1x attack. Burst teams like Horus/Ra/Goemon are actually fun to play and also viable in endgame, but they require many more levels in each of their monsters and I feel they should be the eventual goal of a team for players to make.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
The upside is, they are now creating dungeons that can't be beaten with a SoD team, which means that they are (hopefully) making fresh content that keeps the game interesting.

Yeah, true. I'm not even mad that I don't have one. I like my teams, it's just annoying that the general strategy typically involves Luci/Luci.

Musan

If you see what Gungho is doin with the Athena dungeon, you might think twice about that. First boss does 99k damage in multihits after 3 turns, 3rd floor boss has 600k defense. Also, full heal is given between floors, so quickly counts out the normal Goemon team. The only solutions I've seen are a Ra team or a ranger team from the square collab, which makes the dungeon undoable for most of the people who play.

Okay, so I've played some more of the Groove Coaster collab. Still think Universe difficulty is incredibly easy compared to other event dungeons but I think I've figured out what GungHo was thinking when they were designing it.

Basically the fodder spawns consist of huge waves of low HP enemies on a low timer; be prepared for multiple floors with 4-5 aliens all with 1-2cd. Their skill attacks are either a 999 turn Anger or a Pillage attack. Basically you need to avoid getting overwhelmed by a wave, cause if you leave multiple aliens alive and they all start pillaging you, you are not going to be very happy.

No idea what strategies there are to use against the boss cause I always kill it before it gets a chance to attack. ~1mil HP @ 2cd on Universe.

In other events,
ix52G8xl.jpg

So, I am trying this game out for the first time. I am completely addicted to it!
Took a try at the Special Gashapon machine and got Archangel Lucifer. I love the monster artwork in this game!

atlantos

Neo Member
The difficulty of the later dungeons and mythical dungeons are making me depress... and I am starting to loose interest because of it :( There's very little carrot at the end of the stick at the moment..

Limit

Groove coaster Universe difficulty tackled and completed in one go; zero stones used. In the fifth and ninth stage two same sub bosses appear. A green alien and a red or blue alien. The green alien is on one turn cooldown and does 7K - 10K damage + Invasion (those turning orbs into unusable stones thing) while the red/blue alien is on three turn cooldown and does 14K - 23K damage + invasion. Once you kill one the attack power of the other increases 2x. With dual lucifer team killing either of the two first did not pose a challenge for me. And it was during their appearance that I charged up my team. Once I got to boss I unleashed dual gravities and dual Lucifer cannons. Brought him down without him ever getting a chance to attack me. The UFO's characteristics look underwhelming to me so I fed him away + everyone else to my echidna.

The stamina/exp ratio for the Universe difficulty is nice so I believe I will be running this difficulty instead of hyperion lava flow as long as this dungeon is up.

Kreed

Yeah, true. I'm not even mad that I don't have one. I like my teams, it's just annoying that the general strategy typically involves Luci/Luci.

This dungeon isn't really that strategic other than just surviving hits from/killing the monsters on floors 5-9 and killing the UFO before it can attack you with the 55K move (I'm assuming you can't block this with a resistance team based on the description on puzzledragonx).

Besides Lucifer/Goemon/Horus/Ra strategies, I'd think Echidna would be very useful for people who can't kill UFO in 3 turns vs 7 turns with a good team of damage multipliers and/or gravity users. Either that or make to floor 10 with a zombie lead (unless the UFO's move is multi hit).

Also for those looking to get GC CRAB and may not be able to farm Master or Universe yet, I encountered one on Expert level.

Go glass cannon Valk team!

Universe was a lot easier than expected with a 9x healer team.

Are there monsters for every color with this collab? I seem to remember the CoC dungeon not having a blue monster...

Kreed

Go glass cannon Valk team!

Universe was a lot easier than expected with a 9x healer team.

Are there monsters for every color with this collab? I seem to remember the CoC dungeon not having a blue monster...

This collab has every color, but the light monster GC CRAB is a rare/random appearance monster so you won't see him on every dungeon run.

J0dy77

So, I am trying this game out for the first time. I am completely addicted to it!
Took a try at the Special Gashapon machine and got Archangel Lucifer. I love the monster artwork in this game!

Welcome and congrats on rolling what is considered by many as the best monster in the game. Build your team around him and you'll fly through content.

Whoa new gameplay mechanic time
Aesis said:
Gungho released some info on skill evolution.

Some monsters will be given a set of unique passive skills to add to their current skills, such as immune to bind for GrOdin.

The evolved skills will work regardless of being a leader or sub, and will stack.

Conditions for evolving skills will be announced later, and the update is set to occur next month.

(The info was taken from Korean PAD website, but there should be a dev video of today available on youtube soon.)

massoluk

Banned
Still playing the game daily, but not following up this thread or the official updates that much. Now I woke up to some space invaders dungeon. I was confused. :|

ccbfan

Geez these evolve skills can be amazing if they do it correctly especially if you can combo them with teams.

Imagine a 1 Hp/1 Attack/1 RCV character with a +1 to combo counter. Imagine four of them with an Anubis team. You'd have a new meaning of glass cannon. You would finally make Anubis useful.

J0dy77

Evolving / Adding new passive, always-on skills sounds overpowered as hell.

Or at least with the potential to be.

I agree. They're going to have to keep adding mechanics to keep the game to keep things fresh and to keep people interested. Which is a very good thing but at the same time it is going to make older content extremely easy and replace certain members that were once really strong. This is already happening to mobs like Zeus. Think of it as an MMO, level caps go up, new loot and the old stuff becomes trivial.

Well if they aren't goin to nerf Lucifer the next option is to buff the fuck out of everything else such that they become viable options for endgame. Then to keep people from getting bored of running a train on Zeus-Dios with a party of max e.skilled whatever they make even harder content. The only thing keeping power creep from rapidly spiraling out of control is Gungho's slow update schedule.

I agree. They're going to have to keep adding mechanics to keep the game to keep things fresh and to keep people interested. Which is a very good thing but at the same time it is going to make older content extremely easy and replace certain members that were once really strong. This is already happening to mobs like Zeus. Think of it as an MMO, level caps go up, new loot and the old stuff becomes trivial.

They seem to eventually add ultimate evos' to older monsters to increase their use (see starter dragons, toy dragons, heartbreakers). All they need to do is add an evo for Zeus (technically they already have one...or is he a new monster) and he's useful again.

Agree with your thoughts though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom