• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Thankfully I have both Hero drops already. No need to blow stamina. When does 2x poring start? That will be my drain for the day.

Limit

Woh! There's a P&D topic in GAF! Awesome :D

Hey everyone, am new here, been busy with the guys in ACNL topic so I really didn't check anything else!
I've been playing P&D since April & I made a slow but continues progress.

Here's my main monsters:

tumblr_mrb5h9Xowb1srgzyyo1_500.png

& this is my ID code:

tumblr_mrb5hmdvnv1srgzyyo1_500.png

I'd love to make some strong new friends.
Also I need advice on how to start beating dungeons above Expert/Master level.
I struggle lots with master level dungeons, yet I barely pass them.
My HP is an issue too, even with my Plesios & Brachys being in their highest evolution & max. level my total HP is still around 12000

Any advice is welcomed : )

I am going to third Jody and Mboss in noting that this is quite an odd amalgamation of monsters. They don't particularly compliment each other. Well, it looks like you have beginning of a mono fire team but I am not seeing anything particularly top tier around whom you can easily build one. You should be striving to attain at least one solid monster in a future godfest or perhaps even start over the game again.

Kreed

Woh! There's a P&D topic in GAF! Awesome :D

Hey everyone, am new here, been busy with the guys in ACNL topic so I really didn't check anything else!
I've been playing P&D since April & I made a slow but continues progress.

Here's my main monsters:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/1fe00961c745a5d67bfc219a242e1e18/tumblr_mrb5h9Xowb1srgzyyo1_500.png[IMG]

& this is my ID code:

[IMG]http://31.media.tumblr.com/7b0dbb67e6f2793df3616155c359ee30/tumblr_mrb5hmdvnv1srgzyyo1_500.png[IMG]

I'd love to make some strong new friends.
Also I need advice on how to start beating dungeons above Expert/Master level.
I struggle lots with master level dungeons, yet I barely pass them.
My HP is an issue too, even with my Plesios & Brachys being in their highest evolution & max. level my total HP is still around 12000

Any advice is welcomed : )[/QUOTE]

Since you have plenty of advice suggesting you start over, I'm going to give you some advice for in case you don't want to (especially since you're so high ranked already).

1) You have the beginning of a mono Fire Team with Uriel. Work on leveling him up/evolving him until he gets his x2 HP and x2 Rcv for fire monsters leader abilitys. Then you'll want to farm some new Fire team members, particularly an Naga and a Titan, and maybe Tyrannos to give you a x2 attack x2 recovery leader option to mix and match. I'd also work on your Flame Archer (for her fire enhance ability) and Volcano Dragon until you can get some better options (Phoenix/Ancient or Samurai Fire Dragons/REM). Make sure you make some friends with people who have Freyr, Ares, and Uriel so that you can multiply your fire teams HP, Attack, and Recovery further.

2) Work on farming the other Mystic Knights (Ice, Dark, Light, Grass), the Ripper Dragons (Ice, Light, Grass), and a Lilith (her poison ability will help you farm weekly evolution material dungeons, as well as dungeons with high defense/low HP bosses. In the mean time you can use a Ghostring). Once you have these monsters, you'll have the beginnings of a basic mono Water and mono Grass team with your Plesios and Brachys as leaders once you get a few more Grass or Water monsters (and some good Grass/Water leader friends). Have you done the gift exchange yet? You could possibly get your hands on a Pterra or a Spinon if you haven't, which would help you start up a mono light or dark team.

Anyway that's all the advice I have for now. But as others have said, try to save up stones and do some pulls during Godfests.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Just listened to the latest Bombcast. P&D came up...Apparenyly some Japanese listeners wrote in and basically said this is THE game people play there. That's sort of awesome, haha.

Raika

Got lucky and got Berserk from my third run. Got both Highlander and Berserk and now I'm officially done with this freaking dungeon. Spent a total of 5 stones, though the game gave me 1 back from clearing the first time earlier. So 4. Now to get trolled by Poring dungeon.

Uthred

Got Berserk, one stone down, not bad as I lazily tried to brute force it with mono-black. I find I keep bogging down with this game because it takes so long to level stuff up.

Asturie

Is there an order to what dragon dungeons pop up each day? Been needing ruby dragons to level up my WD Minerva but I haven't seen the dungeon in at least a week.

Zero_IYAD

Welcome to the thread.

Not to be harsh but you might want to reroll the next time a God event comes around if you don't find anything worthwhile with whatever stones you have at the time. Your box is all farmable mobs and nothing that is going to help you clear content easily at this point.
Welcome to the party.

I second Jody. I'm honestly curious how you made it that far with 7 monsters. It looks like you've had some bad luck, I'd strongly consider re-rolling during a godfest and aim for some of the higher tier monsters.
I am going to third Jody and Mboss in noting that this is quite an odd amalgamation of monsters. They don't particularly compliment each other. Well, it looks like you have beginning of a mono fire team but I am not seeing anything particularly top tier around whom you can easily build one. You should be striving to attain at least one solid monster in a future godfest or perhaps even start over the game again.
Since you have plenty of advice suggesting you start over, I'm going to give you some advice for in case you don't want to (especially since you're so high ranked already).

1) You have the beginning of a mono Fire Team with Uriel. Work on leveling him up/evolving him until he gets his x2 HP and x2 Rcv for fire monsters leader abilitys. Then you'll want to farm some new Fire team members, particularly an Naga and a Titan, and maybe Tyrannos to give you a x2 attack x2 recovery leader option to mix and match. I'd also work on your Flame Archer (for her fire enhance ability) and Volcano Dragon until you can get some better options (Phoenix/Ancient or Samurai Fire Dragons/REM). Make sure you make some friends with people who have Freyr, Ares, and Uriel so that you can multiply your fire teams HP, Attack, and Recovery further.

2) Work on farming the other Mystic Knights (Ice, Dark, Light, Grass), the Ripper Dragons (Ice, Light, Grass), and a Lilith (her poison ability will help you farm weekly evolution material dungeons, as well as dungeons with high defense/low HP bosses. In the mean time you can use a Ghostring). Once you have these monsters, you'll have the beginnings of a basic mono Water and mono Grass team with your Plesios and Brachys as leaders once you get a few more Grass or Water monsters (and some good Grass/Water leader friends). Have you done the gift exchange yet? You could possibly get your hands on a Pterra or a Spinon if you haven't, which would help you start up a mono light or dark team.

Anyway that's all the advice I have for now. But as others have said, try to save up stones and do some pulls during Godfests.
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone : )
Since some of you asked how I made it this far with my team, will :
-I already got 2 starter monsters; Plesiois & Brachys -so yes I used my friend gift- & maxed them to their final Ultimate Evo form & maxed their levels.

- Also got a Machine Golem Mk. III in one of the rare egg machine pulls, it helps me alot breaking the defense of my enemies.

- Lastly, I team up with partners who has Water Deity Holy Isis which helps me x3 my attack & use my water Siren, the Enchanter in my team to help me achieve a strong hit combo.

So far I managed to beat most daily dungeons, even some master leveled ones, Am up to Oceanus Falls in the normal dungeons & Shrine of Blazing Woods in Technical ones.

I appreciate your advice everyone, yet I need a 'tip' to start with.
For sure NO WAY I'd restart the game, not after 4 months of hard work & hitting level >100
Guess everyone here advices me to hit the rare egg machine once a godfest starts.
Any certain gods I should aim for? Certain type of gods?
Am pretty much a water-type fan, so I think I should aim for a Neptune?
Also how can I fix my HP issue? Being up to level 104 yet my team's HP is 12000 is pretty much frustrating : (

-I already got 2 starter monsters; Plesiois & Brachys -so yes I used my friend gift- & maxed them to their final Ultimate Evo form & maxed their levels.

- Also got a Machine Golem Mk. III in one of the rare egg machine pulls, it helps me alot breaking the defense of my enemies.

- Lastly, I team up with partners who has Water Deity Holy Isis which helps me x3 my attack & use my water Siren, the Enchanter in my team to help me achieve a strong hit combo.

So far I managed to beat most daily dungeons, even some master leveled ones, Am up to Oceanus Falls in the normal dungeons & Shrine of Blazing Woods in Technical ones.

For sure NO WAY I'd restart the game, not after 4 months of hard work & hitting level >100
Guess everyone here advices me to hit the rare egg machine once a godfest starts.
Also how can I fix my HP issue? Being up to level 104 yet my team's HP is 12000 is pretty much frustrating : (

I'm curious what else is lurking in your monster box beyond the scrollbar - could you post screens of the entire thing?

You can't really "aim" for a specific god beyond rolling when certain pantheons are boosted in the REM. Since you don't really have any strong starters you might as well follow the list in the OP; which favors Egyptian, Norse, New Greek, and Chinese.

Alternatively you can friend up as many Hermes and Artemis monsters as you can; they pair with your Plesios and Brachios respectively for a 4xATK/2xHP/2xRCV team.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

The reason everyone is saying to restart is because you don't have any monsters that can act as a major leader for ANY mono teams, nor do you have any of the crazy combo monsters.

Since you don't want to restart, you need to be willing to spend some money/save your stones if you have any hope of doing the Descended dungeons ever. You need a 2xHP/2xATK/2xRCV leader (two of the three) and pair with another similar leader. You can't make a typical 2/4/2, 4/2/2, 2/2/4 team because you don't have a monster to help make one.

What you CAN do, is roll and hope for a Horus/Ra/Isis, SoD Luci, or any of the mono leads that give you 2/2 in a stat. Re-rolling is only nice because it gives a strong starting point. Horus, Ra, and SoD Luci are pretty much THE Descended dungeon monsters. Goemon is also incredible, but he's a Descended drop. :)

Pairing with an Isis is great for that 3x...But imagine if YOU had an Isis as well. That's 9x. Or a Horus for 12x? That's why you've received suggestions to restart.

Now if you're totally against it, that's fine...But wait for a Godfest and cross your fingers. That's about all you can do if you're not interested in re-rolling. Another option would be to backup your save and re-roll, play a bit, and see how that goes?

One other thing worth noting - your HP is low because your monster levels are likely very low. You need to pump them up. Also, you need a 2x HP leader to really hit nice HP numbers. It's not uncommon to roll a tank team with 50k+ HP...But you don't have the leaders for that at the moment.

Zero_IYAD

I'm curious what else is lurking in your monster box beyond the scrollbar - could you post screens of the entire thing?

You can't really "aim" for a specific god beyond rolling when certain pantheons are boosted in the REM. Since you don't really have any strong starters you might as well follow the list in the OP; which favors Egyptian, Norse, New Greek, and Chinese.

Alternatively you can friend up as many Hermes and Artemis monsters as you can; they pair with your Plesios and Brachios respectively for a 4xATK/2xHP/2xRCV team.
Why do I feel am a rare case here xD !
Here's the content of my monster box, tho it's pretty much useless, mostly Poring Tower monsters & Evo materials:

tumblr_mrceksM64p1srgzyyo1_500.png

tumblr_mrcelcckxe1srgzyyo1_500.png

tumblr_mrceltpGQP1srgzyyo1_500.png

tumblr_mrcemf74J61srgzyyo1_500.png

tumblr_mrcemwEJu91srgzyyo1_500.png

So yes, so far my main teams are made of 7 monsters only -the Fav. ones-.

I got the advice, I'll do my best to save as many magic stones as possible till the next godfest arrives.

I'd love to friend anyone here who has Hermes/Artemis as their team leader.

OTIX

Since you don't want to restart, you need to be willing to spend some money/save your stones if you have any hope of doing the Descended dungeons ever. You need a 2xHP/2xATK/2xRCV leader (two of the three) and pair with another similar leader. You can't make a typical 2/4/2, 4/2/2, 2/2/4 team because you don't have a monster to help make one.
Yes he does. He has Brachys, Plesios and Uriel so he can make good mono teams of each colour.

Zero, your priority should be to put together an all green team with Brachys and Artemis leaders or an all blue team with Plesio and Hermes leaders. These are called 2/4/2 teams and are very powerful for Master level content, or even Legend.

My starters were worse than yours and I've cleared pretty much all content in the game so far.

Edit: You should also evolve that Stone knight, he will be an excellent leader for an all-dragon team.

Zero_IYAD

The reason everyone is saying to restart is because you don't have any monsters that can act as a major leader for ANY mono teams, nor do you have any of the crazy combo monsters.

What you CAN do, is roll and hope for a Horus/Ra/Isis, SoD Luci, or any of the mono leads that give you 2/2 in a stat. Re-rolling is only nice because it gives a strong starting point. Horus, Ra, and SoD Luci are pretty much THE Descended dungeon monsters. Goemon is also incredible, but he's a Descended drop. :)

Pairing with an Isis is great for that 3x...But imagine if YOU had an Isis as well. That's 9x. Or a Horus for 12x? That's why you've received suggestions to restart.

Now if you're totally against it, that's fine...But wait for a Godfest and cross your fingers. That's about all you can do if you're not interested in re-rolling. Another option would be to backup your save and re-roll, play a bit, and see how that goes?

One other thing worth noting - your HP is low because your monster levels are likely very low. You need to pump them up. Also, you need a 2x HP leader to really hit nice HP numbers. It's not uncommon to roll a tank team with 50k+ HP...But you don't have the leaders for that at the moment.
Advice taken.
Not gonna restart nor spend real money on the game for sure, but I can save up stones & aim for godfests : )

Zero_IYAD

Zero, your priority should be to put together an all green team with Brachys and Artemis leaders or an all blue team with Plesio and Hermes leaders. These are called 2/4/2 teams and are very powerful for Master level content, or even Legend.

My starters were worse than yours and I've cleared pretty much all content in the game so far.

Edit: You should also evolve that Stone knight, he will be an excellent leader for an all-dragon team.
I'll do that right away!
Great advice, thanks : )

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yes he does. He has Brachys, Plesios and Uriel so he can make good mono teams of each colour.

I missed those dudes.

In that case, you could probably do OK mono. Also, as OTIX said, get Stone Knight to ADK and you can put together a Dragon team.

Cosmo, it seems you and I have the opposite of problems.

Another Heroes run, another Highlander. This time, though, I actually wanted a second one to build a Balance team.

It's also crazy to see how far I've come since I first eked out a win of Two Heroes (the first Legend dungeon I ever cleared) by the skin of my teeth to now being able to steamroll through that dungeon without even thinking about it.

Also, I got a request from cels@gaf. I just wanted to let you know that I'm not ignoring your invite and will add you as soon as I clear up some space or add boxes to my friends list.

EDIT: I'm also looking for Dub-topalits right now. Any advice on where to get ahold of those? I've been farming Jupiter, City of the Sky, but I've not even seen one appear yet.

Zero_IYAD

Added some GAF members, hope I get some accepts.
Won't be able to add @GAF next to my name since it's kinda long tho -.-

Thanks again everyone : )

xCobalt

Welcome. Hope you stick around. I think it's good that you decided to stick with what you have so far. I find it pretty annoying that the most common advice people give in this thread to newcomers is: "You should reroll".

I would say if you intend to use the rare egg machine, make sure to only pull during godfests. In addition, start building a team to beat Hera. Here's a useful guide. Make sure you nab a ghostring from the Poring dungeon.

Kreed

Welcome. Hope you stick around. I think it's good that you decided to stick with what you have so far. I find it pretty annoying that the most common advice people give in this thread to newcomers is: "You should reroll".

I would say if you intend to use the rare egg machine, make sure to only pull during godfests. In addition, start building a team to beat Hera. Here's a useful guide. Make sure you nab a ghostring from the Poring dungeon.

I think people forget what this game was like when it first came out. There were no Lucifier/Egyptian Gods to aim for and no one told me I could reset the game and reroll over and over, so my first monster out of the REM was a Mandrake. But I managed to get through most of the game with the Ultimate Starter Dragon Evolutions as leaders in place of Norse Gods until I was able to pull/get better monster leads.

You're underestimating/not paying attention to Leader abilities. For example, I just defeated Starlight Sanctuary a few minutes ago, (thank you J0dy77 and George Claw M.D. for the Goemon strategies). Goemon, the monster I used was level 40 and the highest level monster on my team excluding my friend's Goemon who was 80, yet because of Goemon's leader skill and the team members I used (COC Flame Archer and Horus) I took down Zeus in one turn and no stones spent. Of course it would have been easier/safer if I had higher leveled monsters, but when you have leader abilities that multiply stats this is less of a problem.

Your Uriel when evolved gives every fire monster in your team x2 HP and xRCV. So if you team up with another Uriel or another Ares, that will multiply your fire team's HP x2 again, way past 12000 HP. Mono colored teams are very useful for clearing Master and Legendary content that you couldn't normally clear because of their multipliers, and these teams will help you get better God Monsters like Goemon, Hera, and Zeus to clear even more content. As I said in my last posts, work on making a Mono Grass team with Brachys, a Mono water team with Plesios, and a Mono Red team with Uriel (and get a Tyrannos) and go from there.

I just accepted your request. I'm glad to see the community is still growing. If you ever need one of my leaders, feel free to send me a message in game. I'll do my best to respond as soon as possible.

As far as advice goes, I won't tell you to reroll, but you should make a conscious effort to farm for Echidna and Gigas. Echidna in particular is extremely useful. Also I would favorite and evolve those dragons and the stone knight, as a 6.25x ATK dragon can be very useful for farming up to the 5th tier of normal dungeons. Other than that I'd second the idea to work on a poverty Hera team to get a gravity. And do your best to capture the samurai dragons whenever they decide to pick up where they left off. They have great stats and can really help on mono-color teams.

Zero_IYAD

Thanks everyone : )
Am really glad I posted here.
Lots of what I read are like an eye opener for me, working on my Stone Night for now, his final evolution should give me a better team leader since I got many dragons.

I think this suits you better, Cosmo.

XjTZot1.jpg

amazing

I ended up with ten Berserks and about 17 stones poorer when taking into account stones used to expand box space to hold green Porings. But it's over for now.

Groove Coaster dungeon is super easy. Did the highest difficulty, Universe, with my underleveled Valk team. The unevolved aliens that drop at that difficulty feed for 7500 EXP so they're kinda like shitty Pengdra. Waves 5 and 9 drop evolved versions so you don't have to suffer through the ridiculous Evo mats to evolve them. Also the remix of the boss theme is kicking rad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom