• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raika

Wasted around 150 stamina stupidly dying in the past few days. The board is always against me whenever I play Horus it seems. Now I'm craving the stability of mono-dark, but can't seem to get Spinon even after 12 rolls of that starter dragon machine... Fuck off Brachy goddammit.

Wasted around 150 stamina stupidly dying in the past few days. The board is always against me whenever I play Horus it seems. Now I'm craving the stability of mono-dark, but can't seem to get Spinon even after 12 rolls of that starter dragon machine... Fuck off Brachy goddammit.

your best bet is to wait for the colored dragon dungeons. Can't remember which one, but they can drop the starter dragon of that color. Takes quite a few runs though

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Bah. Tossed a stone at Universe, but only because GC CRAB showed up. Round 5 and 9 are definitely the ass rounds. If I can get my team to easy clear those floors, I can farm this dungeon for mad XP/stam.

Bah. Tossed a stone at Universe, but only because GC CRAB showed up. Round 5 and 9 are definitely the ass rounds. If I can get my team to easy clear those floors, I can farm this dungeon for mad XP/stam.

Same here. Was going with Horus/Ra, but the board was screwing me up. Going to try with my woefully under powered valk team and see how that does.

Speaking of ADK, they should at least give him a Balanced subtype or something. He's completely useless now. CDK, too.
While I agree that the Mystic Knights could use an update, I don't ADK and CDK are anywhere close to useless. I use them both frequently on mono color and Zaerog teams. That 5 turn orb change is super useful.

J0dy77

So I just realized I've logged into this game consecutively for almost eight months.

I was just noticing this myself. I'm at day 244 in a row.

Same here. Was going with Horus/Ra, but the board was screwing me up. Going to try with my woefully under powered valk team and see how that does.

Anyone know the exp/stamina ratio for the Universe/Master of Groove Coaster? Wondering if I should just spend my time there this week waiting for the next event.

Universe was really simple. Any Horus/Isis/Ra team should be fine. Stick with Isis and Echidna delay for the final boss, really simple.

I was just noticing this myself. I'm at day 244 in a row.

Anyone know the exp/stamina ratio for the Universe/Master of Groove Coaster? Wondering if I should just spend my time there this week waiting for the next event.

Universe was really simple. Any Horus/Isis/Ra team should be fine. Stick with Isis and Echidna delay for the final boss, really simple.

Coins: 24000 - 28000 ( 520 / Stamina )
Experience: 22670 - 27340 ( 501 / Stamina )

very solid if you can easily farm it.

J0dy77

Warrior Rose Valkyrie is now, by far, the most common monster on my friend list. I used to endlessly farm with my ADK then Zaerog team and would resort to Zeus friends after I exhausted those, since Zeus boosts any type. But I may have to build a Valkyrie team as a secondary farm team now, seeing as so many players use her. I'm holding onto 14 Drops to get my second Valk her final skill-up. After already having poured over 50 Drops into her, I'm not attempting the final skill-up outside of a 2x skill-up event. I'm even still nervous with 14 feeders.

Ive been noticing this trend as well. The problem I've always had with the team is HP but i'm sure all of these players building around her are stacking the heck out of HP in their lineup. I switched to Valk team over Horus to farm Poring, they just burn through levels. Having 2 Siren and 2 max skill Valk every 5 turns is a ton of damage.

J0dy77

Coins: 24000 - 28000 ( 520 / Stamina )
Experience: 22670 - 27340 ( 501 / Stamina )

very solid if you can easily farm it.

Just ran it to test. 50 stamina, 23900 exp (458 exp/stam). Not bad. I just don't have any use for the mobs that drop. I don't have the mobs that benefit from the skill ups. I think I'll try and keep the boss drops for a 2x event. The poor man's goemon team might be worth trying to build at some point.

PgxH2V9l.jpg

Just ran it to test. 50 stamina, 23900 exp (458 exp/stam). Not bad. I just don't have any use for the mobs that drop. I don't have the mobs that benefit from the skill ups. I think I'll try and keep the boss drops for a 2x event. The poor man's goemon team might be worth trying to build at some point.

drops give a decent amount of xp from Universe (~7.5k i think?), so it's not a total wash. Keeping health under 10% is a real bitch though. Basically need every high HP sub there is and hope for the best.

J0dy77

drops give a decent amount of xp from Universe (~7.5k i think?), so it's not a total wash. Keeping health under 10% is a real bitch though. Basically need every high HP sub there is and hope for the best.

I completely overlooked the 10%. For some reason I was thinking the evolved version was 20% health. Yeah, that's going to be really difficult to manage, especially with a dark team.

Edit: I'm starting to think these GC Collab mobs are good to hold onto for the Team cost restricted dungeons. The evolved forms max at 10 team cost. A read green attacker team might work very well.

Edit 2: WTF is going on with the Metal dragons?

mercviper

ama/odin all the way for the GC collab lol. My burst teams aren't good enough for Universe, unfortunately. Well I have Goemon but I prefer stability and I haven't practiced it enough.

Valk team works pretty well on universe. I can manage to get echidna ready for the final floor and its pretty easy from there

What are the other pieces you are using and how leveled are they? I had to use one stone when I cleared universe but I have added some levels since then. I am using: RoseValk (55), Freyja Golden Goddess (max), Echidna Red (max), Siren TE (79), and Lilith Witch (49).

J0dy77

What is the difficulty people are having with Universe? Do the evolved mobs have higher defense? I'm finding on the lower levels without even proccing Horus damage that most mobs are dropping from extremely low HP.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
What is the difficulty people are having with Universe? Do the evolved mobs have higher defense? I'm finding on the lower levels without even proccing Horus damage that most mobs are dropping from extremely low HP.

Round 5 and 9 have high HP and hit real hard. You need to do work so they can't attack. I imagine Horus teams would be fine, though. 9x Healer girl isn't enough unless you've got some beef to your team (which I do not).

I keep getting boned on Universe when they drop me into wave 5 and 9 without a Horusable board. The other waves you can just launch a single AOE to clear without actually havin to go the full 16x damage.

For Valk teams you can do the same off color AOE strat and use an orb change on waves 5 and 9 to burst through. As long as you eliminate one of the big aliens the other is guaranteed to use Speed Up giving you free turns to set up and burst.

J0dy77

Round 5 and 9 have high HP and hit real hard. You need to do work so they can't attack. I imagine Horus teams would be fine, though. 9x Healer girl isn't enough unless you've got some beef to your team (which I do not).

Got it. I did take a hit from round 5 one of the times I tried it. Looked it up and the evolve red guys hit for 12.5k, good to know and watch out for.

Seems like a mono blue team would probably be a good fit for this dungeon if you don't have an egyptian team to run. take the 4x HP and a couple sirens and tank the dmg.

Edit: just ran it again and screwed up on round 9 and invade caused a lot of problems. HP was over 17k and that was the only thing that saved me.

xCobalt

What are the other pieces you are using and how leveled are they? I had to use one stone when I cleared universe but I have added some levels since then. I am using: RoseValk (55), Freyja Golden Goddess (max), Echidna Red (max), Siren TE (79), and Lilith Witch (49).

My Rose valkyrie is around level 90. The other members I have are Lilith, Echidna, Siren, and Holy Ceres all between 50-70. Valk is definitely doing most of the damage.

With Horus/Ra watch out for the waves with 4 or 5 mobs on one turn counters. It doesn't take much to kill them, but they hit hard, and a mistake can easily be fatal.

mercviper

If you haven't noticed, all attack skills are single-hit so you can theoretically Ammy/Grodin your way through it as long as you eliminate synched mobs.

Ammy/GrOdin works. It's not completely mindless (on the boss) unless you have +40 RCV on a max lvl ammy though. The mook waves have HP that's easily cleared with 1x attack modifiers and waves 5/9 are pretty easy to deal with.

My Rose valkyrie is around level 90. The other members I have are Lilith, Echidna, Siren, and Holy Ceres all between 50-70. Valk is definitely doing most of the damage.

Just noticed that Holy Ceres has better numbers than Freyja, though not by too much. Still, I wonder if it might be worth me working towards changing my Devil Ceres over to Holy...

Kreed

If you haven't noticed, all attack skills are single-hit so you can theoretically Ammy/Grodin your way through it as long as you eliminate synched mobs.

This definitely works (has been suggested a few times in the thread) and is a lot safer if you don't trust your damage multiplier teams to get you all the way through. You just need a minimum of 12k hp to survive the final boss' attack every three turns.

J0dy77

Back to the point George made before. My friend list right now is 14 Valkyries, 18 Horus, handful of ares and Isis each.

I have ZERO green leader friends.

Just noticed that Holy Ceres has better numbers than Freyja, though not by too much. Still, I wonder if it might be worth me working towards changing my Devil Ceres over to Holy...

I was thinking the same for Devil Ceres. Her Devil subtype isn't nearly as useful.

PSA guys. Next event starts on friday. Ignore the daily dungeons today and tomorrow.

J0dy77

So is it worth it to skill up the UFO? Max level is 8 turns.

I'm going to try skilling it up since im running universe for exp. Can't hurt, but definitely not a very useful skill. I doubt ill ever use UFO to begin with.

I hope it's this weekend, i'm kinda waiting to know how much stone i'll spend on the collab.

I'm sitting on 25 stones for the eventual Chinese Godfest. Hoping the gods are kind. :(

I wonder if we'll finally get the Chinese Godfest? It should be the 1mil downloads celebration.

via Facebook group

chinese gods, where are thou
Like · Reply · 1 · Yesterday at 1:36pm

Puzzle & Dragons - GungHo Official : Soon. Stay tuned to the official Facebook page as we will keep everyone up to date when new events and Monsters become available.

whatever that means.

xCobalt

I'm going to try skilling it up since im running universe for exp. Can't hurt, but definitely not a very useful skill. I doubt ill ever use UFO to begin with.

I'm sitting on 25 stones for the eventual Chinese Godfest. Hoping the gods are kind. :(

I think the UFOs are worth 10000 exp.

Kreed

Looks like that's what I'll be using the extra UFOs for... lol. Thanks Cobalt. Seriously, that active skill is god awful. 300 dmg on 9 turns? ewwww

One minor note about the ability is that it's 300 guaranteed damage, even against high defense enemies. Still incredibly weak IMO, but it does give it some use against high defense monsters with incredibly low HP.

One minor note about the ability is that it's 300 guaranteed damage, even against high defense enemies. Still incredibly weak IMO, but it does give it some use against high defense monsters with incredibly low HP.

outside of metal dragon dungeons and some high level conditionals....meh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom