• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
??? Why would anyone do this?

I'll probably grab a second Hera-Is and a couple Zeus Dios from the daily descended dungeons. And farm the shit out of Blazing Wings on Monday for +eggs.
Just to be sure, Blazing Wing is only the most efficient time wise right? Aren't Talos's Abyss and Hill of Iris better for your stamina? I plan on focusing on Technicals since the daily dungeon is just breakers.

Just to be sure, Blazing Wing is only the most efficient time wise right? Aren't Talos's Abyss and Hill of Iris better for your stamina? I plan on focusing on Technicals since the daily dungeon is just breakers.
These are for + eggs?

I've always wondered how people could accrue so many, since my +'s always hover around 20 per monster.

Yaari

I don't need Zeus Dios, so not going to bother. Waste of stones for me, I already know I can't 0 stone him.

Edit: Why Blazing Wings?

Asturie

So I just tried a zombie team for the first time ever, cleared Wednesday dungeon-expert and got a mystic mask. But I don't know what mystic masks are used for and puzzledragonx is down lol.

He ran Athena with a Kirin team and needed a reset button in case the board was unfavorable, and Orb Refresh ended up saving his butt like two or three times. Also Mastering gets super swole when completely maxed out at +297, he has nearly 5000 HP.
Thanks for the explanation. Still think that's insane, but at least there was some reason behind it.

Yes. It's purely for time efficiency. Blazing Wings during 5x technical +eggs combined with 1.5x technical drop Mondays should be the fastest way to currently farm +eggs if you have a proper Kagutsuchi team.

Edit: Sorry meant Blazing Great Wings, in case anyone confuses it with Knight of Blazing Wings.

Yes. It's purely for time efficiency. Blazing Wings during 5x technical +eggs combined with 1.5x technical drop Mondays should be the fastest way to currently farm +eggs if you have a proper Kagutsuchi team.

Edit: Sorry meant Blazing Great Wings, in case anyone confuses it with Knight of Blazing Wings.
Hmm not sure I'm willing to spend enough stones for that to be worthwhile. I may stick to Iris or Talos instead.

Zero_IYAD

Since a huge event is coming, I need some more advice
The 1st 15 monsters here are the ones am working on levelling right now, they are also my only REAL monsters:

tumblr_mrk2ad6pZO1srgzyyo1_500.png

-'Let's celebrate 1,000,000 downloads with the gods of the Five Elements (Wu Xing) and Zeus-Dios!': I need more info on this, is it a dungeon or a REM event?

- Scarlet Snake Princess: I think this where I should put my efforts & farm that dungeon all day till I end up with at least 1 Naga

- Hera-Is Descended & Zeus-Dios Descended: Can't beat these for now

- Breakers, Dragon Guardian, Blade of Justice & Dark Night Sword: Anything worthy running these dungeons or should I save my stamina on the Descended Dragons dungeons?

- Legendary Dragon Rush! : Is it worth running specially that I can probably beat up to the Expert level not Master?

Also, If we get a godfest I'll roll no matter what type of gods they are offering, right?

StMeph

The 1st 15 monsters here are the ones am working on levelling right now, they are also my only REAL monsters:

-'Let's celebrate 1,000,000 downloads with the gods of the Five Elements (Wu Xing) and Zeus-Dios!': I need more info on this, is it a dungeon or a REM event?

- Scarlet Snake Princess: I think this where I should put my efforts & farm that dungeon all day till I end up with at least 1 Naga

- Breakers, Dragon Guardian, Blade of Justice & Dark Night Sword: Anything worthy running these dungeons or should I save my stamina on the Descended Dragons dungeons?

- Legendary Dragon Rush! : Is it worth running specially that I can probably beat up to the Expert level not Master?

Also, If we get a godfest I'll roll no matter what type of gods they are offering, right?

1. You seem extremely opposed to rerolling, so basically you need to focus on Uriel for monofire teams paired with friend Uriels for 4/1/4, or Ares for 4/2/2. Also get Dragon Knight to ADK so you can form a basic 6.25x Dragons team. Between a 4/1/4 and 6.25x dragons, you should be able to make headway into the games Descended dungeons.
2. The REM event is Chinese pantheon, and the Zeus comment is the US debut for Zeus-Dios
3. Yes, you should get at least one Naga
4. Assuming you evolve Dragon Knight to ADK, you will want a CDK to go with him, so get a mystic dark knight.

Kreed

http://31.media.tumblr.com/61870c3bd72fa7112bbf830d69659877/tumblr_mrk2ad6pZO1srgzyyo1_500.png[IMG]

-'Let's celebrate 1,000,000 downloads with the gods of the Five Elements (Wu Xing) and Zeus-Dios!': I need more info on this, is it a dungeon or a REM event?[/quote]

This is in reference to the entire week's event. The Chinese Gods (745-754) are coming for the god fest/being added to the REM machine as well as the Zeus Dios dungeon.

In regards to your monsters, I wouldn't put a lot of effort into Shaitan as there's very few situations where he's going to be a better leader than Uriel, and since you don't have Freyr, I'd actually level up the COC Flame Archer for it's fire enhance ability in situations where you don't have a Freyr friend.

[quote]
- Breakers, Dragon Guardian, Blade of Justice & Dark Night Sword: Anything worthy running these dungeons or should I save my stamina on the Descended Dragons dungeons?[/quote]

You should definitely run these dungeons to increase the amount of monsters you have/options for teams.

Breakers is the Golem dungeon, specifically Machine Golem and Dark Golem, but the other three appear rarely. All five drop and I would recommend attempting to get all 5 to help fill out your teams (You already have Machine Golem but you can get more for skill ups). Dragon Guardian, Blade of Justice, and Dark Night Sword drop Ancient Dragon Knight, Verche, and Chaos Dragon Knight respectively. Since you already have Dragon Knight, you'd only run Dragon Guardian for skill ups, but the other two dungeons you will definitely want to run to add Verche and Chaos Dragon Knight to your lineups.

[quote]
- Legendary Dragon Rush! : Is it worth running specially that I can probably beat up to the Expert level not Master?[/quote]

These aren't the best of the boss Dragons so I wouldn't worry too much. Focus on the other Descends you can do for now.

[quote]
Also, If we get a godfest I'll roll no matter what type of gods they are offering, right?[/QUOTE]

This is THE godfest to roll. We haven't gotten all the info yet but it's safe to assume that the Chinese Gods will be in this godfest and any of the five will help you finish the game/start clearing more legend and mystical content (particularly Kirin). But even if you don't get these monsters, you should be able to get some more monsters to help fill out the ranks for your Mono Fire, Grass, and Water teams.

Okay, so I was running the numbers, and it seems like I only have two realistic options for Zeus-Dios:

1. Use a Lucifer team that should get me to ZD, no problem. But then I'll have to somehow land six Ultra Gravities on him before I can nuke him away. I'll probably also die to his pre-emptive attack, since I can't think of a way to down Hera without Morning Star, so I'll be going into the boss round with 1 HP and insta-death.

OR

2. Go guns ablazin' with a Horus/Horus team. I'm pretty certain this will cost stones regardless, unless I get amazing boards the whole way through.

I think I'm leaning more toward option 2 now. What do you guys think?

Keep in mind that Dios is getting buffed in 5.4 so that the leader skill reads 3.5x ATK when below 80% health, so he becomes slightly okay instead of near worthless. Still wouldn't attempt the dungeon unless I could do it with minimal stone loss...

Radav

HAHAHAHAHA wow, that Zeus-Dios video really put a damper on my plans for attempting it. Probably for the best since FFXIV's open beta is this weekend and I'll probably be extremely busy with that. I'll pick up my free stones and probably just roll most of what I have during the chinese god fest. Kirin is definitely tops on my wishlist. The others don't seem nearly as useful.

Havn't really read up on the Chinese gods, but they all seem pretty sweet. What makes Kirin the most saught after
that I wont pull
?
She's a slightly easier to use Ra and has an actually useful active.

Of the other 3.5x gods Haku is the best and Meimei the worst cause of their color alignments; dark/red/blue and green/light/dark respectively.

J0dy77

As StMeph was saying, you seem against rerolling but at your level and with your current set you may want to consider it. Backup your account now and roll like crazy during the Chinese Godfest. Getting a great first mob would be worth starting over.

Kreed

Havn't really read up on the Chinese gods, but they all seem pretty sweet. What makes Kirin the most saught after
that I wont pull
?

The other Chinese Gods have a 3.5x attack leader ability for all team members when three specific colors attack in the same turn (ex: Karin (747-748) does x3.5 attack when dark, water, and grass monsters attack in the same turn). Their active skill also changes all orbs on the board to the respective colors their leader ability activates under.

Kirin however has a 5x attack leader ability when Fire, Water, Wood, and Light monsters attack in the same turn. While this is harder to activate than the other Chinese Gods who just need three colors, x5 is much easier to activate than Ra who needs all 5 colors, Goemon/UFO ver 2 who need to be below a certain amount of HP (also safer), and is better than Horus who has x4 (although Horus' skill can also activate with dark orbs). And as a bonus, her active skill is a 20% gravity attack.

As StMeph was saying, you seem against rerolling but at your level and with your current set you may want to consider it. Backup your account now and roll like crazy during the Chinese Godfest. Getting a great first mob would be worth starting over.

He stated a couple of posts back he isn't interested in rerolling and IMO it's not necessary. He just needs to farm more monsters/start pulling more. Everyone doesn't need Lucifer/Horus/Isis to enjoy this game.

J0dy77

HAHAHAHAHA wow, that Zeus-Dios video really put a damper on my plans for attempting it. Probably for the best since FFXIV's open beta is this weekend and I'll probably be extremely busy with that. I'll pick up my free stones and probably just roll most of what I have during the chinese god fest. Kirin is definitely tops on my wishlist. The others don't seem nearly as useful.

The more I watch it the more I think I might have a shot. The hardest parts of a Horus descended team is charging Viper. With the 10 round stall on fire from berserker this actually helps as long as you can tank his damage and the hearts don't dry up on you (man I wish I had Parvati).

The real challenge is being able to burst through Highlander in round 1 and then being able to burn through Hera's 2 million HP and Zeus' 4 million HP. The gryphon can be one shot and Archangel is pretty straight forward.

I'm not going to be able to do it without using stones but could probably do it in under 5 which seems well worth it over wasting 5 stones on a bad roll.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I don't know if I want to bother with Dios or not. Hera-Is, on the other hand, I need. Are there many super safe builds out there?

Jagernaut

I don't know if I want to bother with Dios or not. Hera-Is, on the other hand, I need. Are there many super safe builds out there?

I beat Hera-Is Legendary in 3 stones with this team, would have been less if my Echidna was max skilled. Everything in this dungeon is Water or Dark. Hera-Is is not a guaranteed drop, it took me 4 runs to get her.

Abyss Neptune - leader
Awoken Hera
Awoken Hera
Siren the Enchanter - max skill
Echidna TRE
Awoken Odin - friend

edit: forgot to mention that this team is very safe until you reach Hera-Is. When Hera-Is gets low on health she starts spamming her powerful attack and you will be starving for hearts to refill your health.

Best of luck to those planning for ZD. I'm gonna pass.

@Nicoga, I ran it last time with Odin / Dark Neptune leaders (enchilada,siren, water mech, Zeus for subs). Felt really safe, but this was for Legend.

Edit: ran it 4 times, no drop though :|

The thing that tends to kill people running the dual resist/Grodin team is lack of RCV; when Hera-Is uses Freeze Blast multiple turns in a row you need to be able to heal back to 100% with one combo of heal orbs; that usually means a 5+ combo turn after turn.

I think i'm just going to try and burst through with Ra/Horus and see how that goes.

Probably won't go well, but has worked so far on the Descended dungeons.

Kreed

Pretty much yeah. Mind you, it's not that Meimei is bad, more that she's less good than her counterparts. Not having access to a delayer is huge if you wanted to take one of them into a descended.

You can still bring an Echidna/Orochi into a Meimei team and just make sure your other team members represent the colors you need so the x3.5 activates.

So are there any "duds" in the Chinese gods? (Think Minerva, or yomi for their respective god groups)

I already know that Kirin is #1 followed by the dark Chinese god, but I am not sure about the others.

Definitely going to roll this time around

Yaari

Zeus Dios will end up another one of those monsters in my box that I don't even care to level, so I don't have to get him either. Waste of stones.

I wonder what will be paired to the Chinese fest? Angels seems likely. It really is too bad, that I already have each one of those. I hope I don't get too many duplicates.

Wanchan

I already know that Kirin is #1 followed by the dark Chinese god, but I am not sure about the others.

For me it's Sakuya(Kirin) -> MeiMei -> LeiLan -> Haku -> Karin, in that order, but it's still a personal choice, based on the fact that there's more powerful Light/Wood than the other colors combination right now + there's no opposite color in MeiMei while other all have opposite color (Fire/Wood, Water/Wood, Fire/Water). This is only what i'm seeing on paper since i don't play JP version.

BUT, reality is that MeiMei will perform better in blue dungeon, Leilan in green, etc...so they're all good.

The subslot will take advantage of the leader skill, it's for the whole team. The subslot just won't help activate the leader skill.
Speaking of that, since it apparently wasn't known to many people, Enhance Orb skills from monsters like Horus, Griffen, Unicorn, etc, powerup all attacks in which you match those orbs. For example, many people know that activating Horus on a full Fire board(like after activating Goemon) creates a 2.8x multiplier when you match them. But if you get cascading matches for other elements after that match, the 2.8x multiplier affects those, too. I discovered this while farming SS Zeus when I activated Goemon then Horus and got a cascading Dark orb match. The resulting 140x multplier(25 x 2.8 x 2 for weakness) for my lone sub Lucifer provided enough extra damage to 1-shot Zeus.

Godfest is typically on Sunday around noon, right? Just trying to plan it out in case I decide to drop some stones and try my luck.

Got Cu and Shiva to max level recently. Not really set up to get anyone else there quickly at this point. When tomorrow hits I can get rid of some poring/gc mats in the hopes of skilling up some more things and open up some more box space.

This is what I am working on by color:

Red - probably going to max out my 2nd Gigas, then maybe Goemon or Freyr
Blue - think my focus is on Siren since she is in a couple of teams, then Lakshmi, Siegfried, Hera-Is, and I&I; Orochi is also on that list and I am thinking about doing the ult evo on Plesios
Green - going to try to change my Evil Ceres into the Holy one, then working on Odin, Artemis, Parv, and Susano
Light - Rose Valk first, but I also have Zeus, Verche (who needs to get his last evo), Machine Golem, and Venus
Dark - Loki first, then have to choose between Persphone, a 2nd Hera, Duke, CDK, and Lilith

J0dy77

I think i'm just going to try and burst through with Ra/Horus and see how that goes.

Probably won't go well, but has worked so far on the Descended dungeons.

I burned through with a Horus/Horus team 4 times with zero stones (maybe one the first time, can't remember). Valk/Chu/Ench/Viper party members. My team wasn't nearly as strong as it is now, if you can reliably match you should get through with the Ra team.

What seriously? i didn't know that, awesome! then i really need an Athena now :D

I knew about the Chinese god bonus but not about Horus. I thought that was only for red orbs matched. That really does make it a lot stronger.

Zero_IYAD

This..
Kreed said:
He stated a couple of posts back he isn't interested in rerolling and IMO it's not necessary. He just needs to farm more monsters/start pulling more. Everyone doesn't need Lucifer/Horus/Isis to enjoy this game.
Definitely won't restart the game from zero, 93 days of game-play, the time & effort I spent evolving Plesios made me really attached to those very few monsters that led me to Rank 106 !
I know my team is really messed up, but all what I need is more organization, take certain dungeons when they show up & start stacking more stones waiting for godfests.
Hope I can score ANY god in the upcoming fest ><

Any point in going after a Chinese god if I already have Ra and Horus? I can match Horus consistently, so I don't need one of the 3.5 multipliers. And I don't think the chances of getting a Kirin-friendly board are any better than getting a Ra-friendly board. I suppose gravity would be nice, but I have enough light monsters I'm trying to level up. I think (hope) I'm going to pass this time.

As for Zues-Dios, I don't have a Hades, so I can't run tubegameplayer's team. Maybe I could go Ra/Horus, but I'm still not super confident in my Ra abilities. Lucifer doesn't seem like he will be able to handle it either. Add to that I don't really know where I would use Zeus Dios, and I pass on him too.

I plan on putting a lot of effort into max skilling my second ADK and CDK for my Zaerog team. And it will be nice to finish off my Echidna. Might spend a stone or two for Verche as well.

J0dy77

This..

Definitely won't restart the game from zero, 93 days of game-play, the time & effort I spent evolving Plesios made me really attached to those very few monsters that led me to Rank 106 !
I know my team is really messed up, but all what I need is more organization, take certain dungeons when they show up & start stacking more stones waiting for godfests.
Hope I can score ANY god in the upcoming fest ><

I understand, you definitely get attached to some Monsters after the effort it takes to get them. You definitely don't need one of the best mobs in the game to progress but I have a feeling you might hit a wall with Descended dungeons without some luck in the Gacha.

Focus on your mono teams:

Evolve Uriel and pair him with an Ares friends. Try and get echidna this event (she's a must for every team), work on the red knight and farming titans would be really strong.

For blue you can try and grab another siren.

Dungeons you want to focus on clearing, all of the knights in this event, Hera and two heroes. You might have to use a few stones to clear the descended dungeons but it would be worth it over the luck of the Gacha.

I understand, you definitely get attached to some Monsters after the effort it takes to get them. You definitely don't need one of the best mobs in the game to progress but I have a feeling you might hit a wall with Descended dungeons without some luck in the Gacha.

Focus on your mono teams:

Evolve Uriel and pair him with an Ares friends. Try and get echidna this event (she's a must for every team), work on the red knight and farming titans would be really strong.

For blue you can try and grab another siren.

Dungeons you want to focus on clearing, all of the knights in this event, Hera and two heroes. You might have to use a few stones to clear the descended dungeons but it would be worth it over the luck of the Gacha.

I would be impressed if he can take down the descended dungeons with the current group. Doing so without an HP modifier is truly challenging

linsivvi

I would be impressed if he can take down the descended dungeons with the current group. Doing so without an HP modifier is truly challenging

Hera can be done with resolve/Grodin + healers. He'll need to farm a Giga and Echidna first and level them up before Hera comes up again.

xCobalt

He has Uriel which is enough for some dungeons. Something like Uriel, Echidna, Flame Mech, Homura, and one of those biweekly fire dragons paired with another Uriel would be good. With enough levels, that team is strong enough for Goemon. If he gets Goemon, a lot of dungeons will open up.

Hera can be done with dark resist + green odin too (which was what I used). CDD, Echidna, Siren, Rainbow Keeper and Ghostring should be enough.

Hera can be done with resolve/Grodin + healers. He'll need to farm a Giga and Echidna first and level them up before Hera comes up again.
Step one is to get some Rainbow Keepers. They are quintessential for a Hera team with that setup. The first team I used to beat Hera, back in the day, was something like this:

1. Underlord Inferno Hades (CDD could fill this role)
2. Keeper of Rainbow
3. Keeper of Rainbow
4. Siren the Enchanter
5. Lilith (just regular Lilith and not particularly high in level)
6. Awoken Odin

I just slowly ground my way up to Hera, keeping my HP topped off as my highest priority. It was a slog, but it got the job done.

Pacman2k

Sigh.

I'm just going to try to Horus/Ra steamroll my way through Hera-Is and Z-D and just hope for the best...

I'm not prepared to field anything else, and it seems like I can always squeak by with a stone or two max with those teams...

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm going to have at least 25 stones to blow during the chinese godfest. Can't wait to get like 3 mystic knights, a golem, and a naga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom