• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillJustWill

Neo Member
Errr, something seemingly strange happened. Is there a bonus for 90 consecutive login days that I potentially missed? It said day 89 two days in a row and now today it said day 91....

Kyu

Neo Member
Errr, something seemingly strange happened. Is there a bonus for 90 consecutive login days that I potentially missed? It said day 89 two days in a row and now today it said day 91....

No bonus for 90 days. For 100 days login you get 10 stones. It doesn't have to be consecutive

Zero_IYAD

Can anyone explain the Skill Up system for me please
I only know the basics, yet are there any perfect times to try to shoot for a skill up -aside from the x2-?
Should the monster Level up during the fusion to get a skill up?
Is it better to give a monster 5 monsters-with the same skill in a fusion or add 1 & repeat the fusion 5 times?

I only know the basics, yet are there any perfect times to try to shoot for a skill up -aside from the x2-?
Is it better to give a monster 5 monsters-with the same skill in a fusion or add 1 & repeat the fusion 5 times?

a) 2x a small number is still a small number. Generally its better to wait for 2x

b) level isn't necessary for skill up. they are handled differently

c) doesn't really matter, up to you. I've gotten 2-3 skill ups feeding 5 before...RNG be RNG

just be sure what you are trying to skill up doesn't change skills when it evos.

J0dy77

Boss covered the major points. Feeding one at a time or 5 at a time has zero impact, each mob has it's own chance. Just make sure you wait until 2x events for rare monster skill ups that you actually care about. The skill up chance is very small, you want the odds as high as possible.

Kreed

Ran Wednesday Dungeon 7 times already and no Mystic Mask drops :(

Generally it's not a good idea to run the weekly dungeons on non x2 days/events unless it's a Red/Blue/Green Keeper dungeon because the drop rate is so poor. Next week the drop rate will be x2 during the event beginning on Friday, so that will be a good time to try for Mystic Masks. If you need Mystic Masks in the mean time it's better to run Ocean of Heaven dungeon.

TimeKillr

Boss covered the major points. Feeding one at a time or 5 at a time has zero impact, each mob has it's own chance. Just make sure you wait until 2x events for rare monster skill ups that you actually care about. The skill up chance is very small, you want the odds as high as possible.

The skill up chance is also determined on a monster per monster basis - some monsters have a higher chance for skillups.

GungHo have confirmed this themselves, afaik. But it's still RNG.

mercviper

Went all out on Ruby Dragons today. Having 100 stam is super nice when ranking up for that, let me tell you. Had 9 runs of rubies and now I'm out of plants. Still have 3 more pengdra to evolve so the plan is to make another couple runs and save stam for plant farming tomorrow (I haven't even touched my 30 blue/green pengdra -_-). With all the exp I got today though, I finished maxing Chiyome and got a second Gigas to 70. Next up I'll be getting Goemon to max and finally Echidna. I would normally max Homura over Echidna, but my red team isn't really going to benefit heavily from choosing one over the other at this point so Echidna will get the xp to help all the other teams she's a sub for..

Made it to Starlight Sanctuary. We'll see how long it takes me to clear these. I kind of want a Heavy Metal Dragon so that may motivate me but I hear that is a pretty crazy dungeon as well.

Ruby dungeon opens in 15 minutes for me. I only need 20 reds to get my pendgras evolved (after plants tomorrow - which will be a pain with no 2x) and that will allow me to max out Shiva the Destroyer. After that I will be working on either Freyr, Goemon, Homura, or my second Gigas.

SorrowsEnd

Neo Member
Horus is much easier to farm Universe with. Wow.

I've been running a Valk team of:

Valk leader
Valk sub
Coc Healer
Siren
Echidna
Valk ally

I don't bother stalling. Fastest runs I've seen for 50 sta dungeons.

Edit: I just realized that every member of that team I farmed/leveled/skilled from the beginning. Valk leader was my tutorial roll. =)

I've been running a Valk team of:

Valk leader
Valk sub
Coc Healer
Siren
Echidna
Valk ally

I don't bother stalling. Fastest runs I've seen for 50 sta dungeons.

Edit: I just realized that every member of that team I farmed/leveled/skilled from the beginning. Valk leader was my tutorial roll. =)

Hmm, I guess I could use a 2nd valk. Just need the dungeon to come up aga...oh wait...it might be a little while...

Limit

A few posts ago there was discussion about dungeons that are anti Lucifer and I don't recall if this dungeon was mentioned or not, but Legendary Earth is exactly an instance of anti Lucifer team. I will be finally hitting 99 stamina today and was contemplating bringing in a dual Luci build there. But after some calculation it seems to me that dual luci build simply won't work unless I dump in a dozen or two stones.My thinking is initially was replacing Echidna with Ra in as a sub and comfortably sweep through stages 1 - 4. The problem is Heavy Metal Dragon and his monstrous 4 Million health + 100K damage. I have two gravity users in my team and with their help I can drop 4 Million to 2 Million. But then what? The two lucifers will only reduce health to 1.4 Million. I have Anubis as the last sub and by using 1 stone he can dish out further 600 K damage. At the end I still have a boss doing 100K damage every three turns with 800K health left. Luci team simply doesn't work here. You just have to bring in a solid multiplier team and hope for the best.

A few posts ago there was discussion about dungeons that are anti Lucifer and I don't recall if this dungeon was mentioned or not, but Legendary Earth is exactly an instance of anti Lucifer team. I will be finally hitting 99 stamina today and was contemplating bringing in a dual Luci build there. But after some calculation it seems to me that dual luci build simply won't work unless I dump in a dozen or two stones.My thinking is initially was replacing Echidna with Ra in as a sub and comfortably sweep through stages 1 - 4. The problem is Heavy Metal Dragon and his monstrous 4 Million health + 100K damage. I have two gravity users in my team and with their help I can drop 4 Million to 2 Million. But then what? The two lucifers will only reduce health to 1.4 Million. I have Anubis as the last sub and by using 1 stone he can dish out further 600 K damage. At the end I still have a boss doing 100K damage every three turns with 800K health left. Luci team simply doesn't work here. You just have to bring in a solid multiplier team and hope for the best.
Not that you're wrong about the boss, but even first four stages would be extremely difficult with Lucifer. All enemies have 100k defense, hundreds of health, 7-12k ATK, and all are on a 1 turn timer. That means that you have to heal between 20-30k damage every turn in each stage. It would be extremely dificult to survive long enough to charge Ra four times.

Musan

You can get through it with poison. With good healing, you can last 10 turns. The first stage is the hardest, but it can be done. With poison, you can find out quickly if zaerog is going to drop and take the 12 stone deposit to get him.

Kreed

The problem with Legendary Earth is that it's anti "everything". There's no full proof easy way to do that dungeon without throwing at least one stone at it with the current monsters we have.

What was being proposed earlier is a dungeon or mechanic that stops Lucifer teams but doesn't inhibit other common teams builds like Goemon/Horus/Mono Colors/Zeus/Valkyrie/etc... which is much more difficult to come up with.

1m DL, probably Chinese gods, skipping straight to Zeus-Dios cause ????
*One Million Downloads Event*
[Duration]: 8/16 (Fri), midnight - 8/23 (Fri), 11:59 PM (PDT)
Let's celebrate 1,000,000 downloads with the gods of the Five Elements (Wu Xing) and Zeus-Dios!

Groove Coaster Collab Continues!
[Duration]: 8/12 (Mon) - 8/25 (Sun) 11:59 PM (PDT)
Experience a close encounter of the GROOVY kind!
Make sure you get the most out of this fantastic special dungeon while we are running a 2x Skill Up event!

Daily Free Magic Stone
[Duration]: 8/16 (Fri), 4:00 AM (PDT) - 8/23 (Fri)
Magic Stones will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PDT) the following day.

Awesome Daily Bonuses
[Duration]: 8/16 (Fri) – 8/23 (Fri)
5x +Egg rates in Technical Dungeons (available after completing Castle of Satan)
Please be aware, this does not increase the rate at which an Egg will drop, only the rate that dropped Eggs will have a plus [+].

2x King appearance rates for the Metal/Gold and Jewel Dragons
[We will also have special visits from the Super King Dragons - (including an invasion from one of the Jeweled Super Kings) and the Pengdra Village!]
2x Drops for special daily Dungeons
2x Coins for the Weekend Tricolor Dungeon!! (usually 1.5x during events)

2x Skill Up rate
Rare Evo Materials at the Pal Egg Machine

Finally, we will be having a different 24 hour event Dungeon each day:

8/16 - Scarlet Snake Princess
8/17 - Hera-Is Descended!
8/18 - Zeus-Dios Descended!
8/19 - Breakers
8/20 - Dragon Guardian
8/21 - Blade of Justice
8/22 - Dark Night Sword
8/23 - Legendary Dragon Rush!

[Godfest info coming soon!]

Nista

So I want to get Hera-is this time around. I tried last time, but I didn't have enough damage and rcv to make it through her hits < 50%. Think Grodin/ Abyss Neptune is still the way to go for us non-ezmode Luci teams?

StMeph

Sad at no Athena and Echidna still only 24 hours instead of two weeks, but that looks like a pretty good event. Zeus-Dios + assumed Chinese godfest.

And, of course, more 2x skill trolling.

Let's see...

Daily stones...check.
x5 +egg...cool, but I don't farm those typically.
2x kings (et al)...great, I have a few things I can try to max out or at least come close.
Naga dungeon (Fri)...I know the drop rates are horrendous, but I'd like to max skill at least one of my Echidnas. I need so many dubmythlits though...
Zeus-Dios (Sun)...I should be able to do I would think, but I'll be checking for strategies.
Dragon Guardian (Tue)...ADK, right? Drop rates are even worse IMO but I need to skill up mine. I guess I should get more RK's as well - you can never have too many of those when you are trying to evolve some stuff still.
Blade of Justice (Wed)...I don't use Verche much (still need to get him to his final evo) but I have been working on his skill level. Probably want to get another Mystic Mask or two as well.
Dark Knight Sword (Thu)...CDK, right? Got to work on that as well, though plants will probably take precedence.

Hmm, going to need to buy some more stones and that's not even factoring in the godfest...

So I want to get Hera-is this time around. I tried last time, but I didn't have enough damage and rcv to make it through her hits < 50%. Think Grodin/ Abyss Neptune is still the way to go for us non-ezmode Luci teams?
Absolutely, just need to make sure you have enough RCV. I'll be throwing up my Neptune on that day.

mercviper

Was looking at trying to do zeus-dios with goemon but that dungeon is pretty much a big FU to Goemon teams lol.

Berserk first turn binds all fire for 10 turns. Highlander first turn puts smoke on all orbs.

Most floors have pre-emptive damage on entry too. gg.

the Knight/Echidna dungeons for one day are shit. Hera/Zeus are pretty solid, will try and see if i can burst through those.

Hopefully we get Chinese gods, otherwise the wallet stays closed.

Hera-Is is actually really hard for Lucifer teams. The big problem is Chaos Devil Dragon, which will hit you for more HP than you probably have every two turns and won't take much damage from your attacks. You'd have to blow through your skills to down it, and then Hera-Is herself will get you. And that's just Legend; I have no idea how to deal with Mythical.

I can't wait to give Zeus-Dios a shot, though! I'm actually glad it's anti-Goemon, since Goemon teams feel too broken for me. Seems like the dungeon is anti-Horus, too, though.

Was looking at trying to do zeus-dios with goemon but that dungeon is pretty much a big FU to Goemon teams lol.

Berserk first turn binds all fire for 10 turns. Highlander first turn puts smoke on all orbs.

Most floors have pre-emptive damage on entry too. gg.
Max Murai brought a mono-fire team into his first attempt on stream, and as the dungeon loaded up the camera panned to the PAD producer sitting next to him who had the most evil grin on his face.

Speaking of Max Murai here's his attempt at Athena on Monday. Doesn't actually start until somewheres about three hours in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAfTmZR9gdM

No really good salty moments this time although you do get to watch him agonize over feeding a +297 Horus to a Mastering.

Jiraiza

Argh, at most I'll be able to do 1 REM pull for a Chinese God (if that's the supposed God Festival). Will not waste my money on stones!

Limit

Just burned through 10 stones in Heavy Metal dragon dungeon and I have nothing to show for it. Went in with a Ra-Horus team and poor placement of orbs coupled with 20+K damage every single turn forced me to burn through majority of my stones. Never have I felt desire for having a Horus instead of Ra until today. I was constantly getting 4 colored combos but so many times there was just a single stone or two missing for that elusive 5th color combo; thus leading me to my demise. I at least was able to reach the 5th floor but one of the other two dragons dropped instead of metal dragon; so I bounced. Not worth it.

I will try to tackle this dungeon again in a month or two when I have built up a bigger cache of free stones. Zaerog seems useful for a Goemon team but not important enough for me to go out and buy stones just for having a chance to acquire him.

??? Why would anyone do this?

I'll probably grab a second Hera-Is and a couple Zeus Dios from the daily descended dungeons. And farm the shit out of Blazing Wings on Monday for +eggs.
He ran Athena with a Kirin team and needed a reset button in case the board was unfavorable, and Orb Refresh ended up saving his butt like two or three times. Also Mastering gets super swole when completely maxed out at +297, he has nearly 5000 HP.

Wanchan

I finally just added my box in padherder and i'm so depressed to see that i need 22 Mystic Mask, 21 Keepers of Rainbow, 31 dubmythlits, 29 Mythlits to evolve everything. I just realised i might have too much garbage in it but it's so hard to decide to trash something (dupe or low REM shits) when you know Gungho is always randomly boosting monsters and adding busties.

Also, work + FFXIV beta + P&D events, this week-end will be so busy....

OTIX

I'm definitely using a Horus team for Z-D but I'm not sure about the subs. There are a few options.

Echidna
Zeus
Valk
Hera-Is

17800 HP, 3400 RCV
This team has good stats and a lot of light damage for Hera. The downside is that there's no time to charge gravity and it's gonna be really hard to survive 10 turns against berserk.

Echidna
Siren
Valk
CuChu

14700 HP, 3800 RCV
These are all max skill. Having Siren skill and higher RCV may help against berserk but the HP is dangerously low.

The last option is to use the first team but replace Zeus with a second Echidna. I'd lose 3k HP but having delay for both bosses might be worth it.

mercviper

I finally just added my box in padherder and i'm so depressed to see that i need 22 Mystic Mask, 21 Keepers of Rainbow, 31 dubmythlits, 29 Mythlits to evolve everything. I just realised i might have too much garbage in it but it's so hard to decide to trash something (dupe or low REM shits) when you know Gungho is always randomly boosting monsters and adding busties.

Also, work + FFXIV beta + P&D events, this week-end will be so busy....

i did my own calcs for what i need and it's somewhere around 15 mystic masks/dubmythlits/RKs for everything that I want to use eventually, let alone the stuff I keep for novelty like Undine. I should also eat all the dragons I never plan to use like the legendary ones I picked up, or the shrine ones I got but didn't get to skill up. I won't be able to skill them up til they come around anyway so all they do right now is eat up box space.

maks

Generally it's not a good idea to run the weekly dungeons on non x2 days/events unless it's a Red/Blue/Green Keeper dungeon because the drop rate is so poor. Next week the drop rate will be x2 during the event beginning on Friday, so that will be a good time to try for Mystic Masks. If you need Mystic Masks in the mean time it's better to run Ocean of Heaven dungeon.

My last three weeks have gone like this...

0/7 this week
0/7 last week (x2 rate)
3/7 three weeks ago (x2 rate?)

I thought I would at least get one this week. I've done at least 14 runs in a row without a mask! =(

maks

Oh, I farmed Ocean of Heaven quite a bit for Marine Goblins. Got my Megalodran and Siren Max skilled but not a single Mystic Mask drop. I've had a couple Mystic Masks drop at Temple of Trailokya.

Wanchan

I'm not going to attempt it, i'll probably wait to build my chinese team....hopefully i'll be lucky to get a Kirin during GodFest, i still have to level my subs up too. ;(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom