• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiraiza

Sigh.

I'm just going to try to Horus/Ra steamroll my way through Hera-Is and Z-D and just hope for the best...

I'm not prepared to field anything else, and it seems like I can always squeak by with a stone or two max with those teams...

At least you can do it.

I'm stuck with Raphael until they somehow make stacking HP/RCV viable without resorting to Lucifer and stuff. That and they need Raphael skill up monsters now!

J0dy77

He has Uriel which is enough for some dungeons. Something like Uriel, Echidna, Flame Mech, Homura, and one of those biweekly fire dragons paired with another Uriel would be good. With enough levels, that team is strong enough for Goemon. If he gets Goemon, a lot of dungeons will open up.

Hera can be done with dark resist + green odin too (which was what I used). CDD, Echidna, Siren, Rainbow Keeper and Ghostring should be enough.

This was my exact thinking. Uriel/ares could be really strong. Level the green team to deal with ocean of heaven farming and work towards Goemon.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
you'd like to be that lucky.

You get a Fairlio, and You get a Fairlio! EVERYONE gets a Fairlio!!!

I need to busty my Fairlio still.

Also, I've been pushing through to finish the normal dungeons. Turns out, GrOdin + Ama is still ridiculously viable. It's sort of awesome how easy it is. Now I know after I finish Junos, things get tough. But that's fine - I will finally have a spot to farm dubs!

Abandond

So how does transferring my account work? I'm getting a new phone in a few days and I'd like to transfer P&D the day that I get it since it'll be in the middle of the event. They're both Android.

I need to busty my Fairlio still.

Also, I've been pushing through to finish the normal dungeons. Turns out, GrOdin + Ama is still ridiculously viable. It's sort of awesome how easy it is. Now I know after I finish Junos, things get tough. But that's fine - I will finally have a spot to farm dubs!
Ama+GrOdin is viable for every normal dungeon except for Zeus and Zaerog. Zeus can be done but requires manual healing every turn.

Zero_IYAD

Evolve Uriel and pair him with an Ares friends. Try and get echidna this event (she's a must for every team), work on the red knight and farming titans would be really strong.

For blue you can try and grab another siren.

Dungeons you want to focus on clearing, all of the knights in this event, Hera and two heroes. You might have to use a few stones to clear the descended dungeons but it would be worth it over the luck of the Gacha.
Yup, gonna work on that all day to get at least 1 Naga : )
Where's the best place to get a Titan?

Hera is too strong for my team right now, even though I have 2 Keepers of Rainbow & a Chaos Devil Dragon, I still can't take her on, same thing for the 2 heroes dungeon.

Everyone else, thanks for the continues advice, I AM working on evolving my team, am just saving all the stamina I can for this week's event : )

Also, where's the best place to farm Mythlits?
So how does transferring my account work? I'm getting a new phone in a few days and I'd like to transfer P&D the day that I get it since it'll be in the middle of the event. They're both Android.
Check here

xCobalt

Yup, gonna work on that all day to get at least 1 Naga : )
Where's the best place to get a Titan?

Hera is too strong for my team right now, even though I have 2 Keepers of Rainbow & a Chaos Devil Dragon, I still can't take her on, same thing for the 2 heroes dungeon.

Everyone else, thanks for the continues advice, I AM working on evolving my team, am just saving all the stamina I can for this week's event : )

Also, where's the best place to farm Mythlits?

The best place to farm titan is probably Giant Guards in Tower of Giants during the weekend. Drop rate is pretty low like most of the Normal dungeons.

Based on the image you posted earlier, your CDD and Siren were a higher level than mine when I beat Hera. What's more important is Siren's skill level. You'll want to have that at max level as soon as you can. You can farm Marine Goblins in Oceanus Falls.

Best place to farm Mythlit is probably Friday's dungeon. You can occasionally run into them while farming for pengdras too.

Zero_IYAD

The best place to farm titan is probably Giant Guards in Tower of Giants during the weekend. Drop rate is pretty low like most of the Normal dungeons.

Based on the image you posted earlier, your CDD and Siren were a higher level than mine when I beat Hera. What's more important is Siren's skill level. You'll want to have that at max level as soon as you can. You can farm Marine Goblins in Oceanus Falls.

Best place to farm Mythlit is probably Friday's dungeon. You can occasionally run into them while farming for pengdras too.
Am working on her Skill up : )
Her skill level currently is 5
& look what I got for her in store once the x2 arrives ;)

tumblr_mrm2w3oVJa1srgzyyo1_500.png

Hmmm, tell me more about Hera, how can I use my CDD, 2 Keepers of Rainbow & Siren to get her :eek: ! -we are talking about Hera not Hera-Is right?-
What other monsters to add to my team & what's the best friend to accompany me?

Scratch

Gungtroll said:
*24 Hour Godfest Announcement*
[Duration]: 8/17, 8:00 PM - 8/18, 7:59 PM (PDT)
3x Rates at the Rare Egg Machine for the Five Elements and Angel Series - with guaranteed [+] Eggs!!!!

The gods of the Five Elements will descend alongside a heavenly host. These incredibly rare and powerful Monsters will also be joined by the Metatrons for the first time in North America. Don't miss the first appearance of these AWESOME new gods - only at the Rare Egg Machine.

As an added bonus, ALL Eggs that pop out of the Rare Egg Machine during this Godfest will have a [+]!!!

xCobalt

Am working on her Skill up : )
Her skill level currently is 5
& look what I got for her in store once the x2 arrives ;)

Hmmm, tell me more about Hera, how can I use my CDD, 2 Keepers of Rainbow & Siren to get her :eek: ! -we are talking about Hera not Hera-Is right?-
What other monsters to add to my team & what's the best friend to accompany me?

http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=8266

Check out that guide. Your last member would have to be the ghostring as its the only monster you have that can bypass high defense thanks to its poison. It's been awhile since I ran the dungeon but I think 1 rainbow keeper and 1 echidna would be safer than 2 rainbow keepers. Using green Odin + CDD, you have to heal every turn for the boss floors. If you can't heal, you'll have to use rainbow keeper and try to build your hp back to full. Without echidna, your recovery might be a bit low.

Just noticed you have a machine golem, which can replace ghostring. That can be useful against the Neptune boss in Hera. If your friend's Odin is strong enough, it will be able to one shot Neptune with its ability after the defense has been lowered. You can probably do the math to determine what exact strength the Odin will have to be.

Zero_IYAD

http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=8266

Check out that guide. Your last member would have to be the ghostring as its the only monster you have that can bypass high defense thanks to its poison. It's been awhile since I ran the dungeon but I think 1 rainbow keeper and 1 echidna would be safer than 2 rainbow keepers. Using green Odin + CDD, you have to heal every turn for the boss floors. If you can't heal, you'll have to use rainbow keeper and try to build your hp back to full. Without echidna, your recovery might be a bit low.

Just noticed you have a machine golem, which can replace ghostring. That can be useful against the Neptune boss in Hera. If your friend's Odin is strong enough, it will be able to one shot Neptune with its ability after the defense has been lowered. You can probably do the math to determine what exact strength the Odin will have to be.
Hmmm, will for now hope we don't get any Hera-descended till at least I build up my team a lil better.

The Scarlet Princess dungeon just opened, finally managed to get my 1st Naga after running the Expert dungeon 4 times x_X ! Already evolved her into an Echidna : )

The x2 on Skill Up is on too
I managed to Max Skill my Siren from the 1st batch!
I need a new Mermaid, I still got plenty of monsters to skill one up! Any place I can grab one?
Also skilled up my Vampire Lord to Level 6, is he worthy specially if I managed to turn him into a Duke or should I work on levelling up other monsters?

Will try to get as many Nagas as I can today : )

Whoa, I just got 4 skill ups in a row on my Valk! Went from s.level 3 to max in 4 feeds (using slot 3 each time, not that that matters).

Meanwhile, I'm 1/8 on Naga drops, with 0 skill ups. =\

Wow. I think this has got to be the best God fest yet. Archangel Lucifer and Kirin in the pool, and a +egg for every pull. Only thing that sucks is the Floral Carnival. Would've been better if it were Light for Kirin or Dark for Lucifer.

Wanchan

3 stones spent in Scarlet Princess, only got 5 Nagas in so many runs, i was so pissed but....3 Skillups for those 5 Nagas, i was like O_O

Last event, i spent like 25 nagas to only get 1 skillup, this RNG is really...wow, just wow.

Raika

Seriously fuck the Naga dungeon. At least give us 2x if it's only for 24 hours. The drop rates are horribly low, and from the precious few Naga we might get we're still at the mercy of the horrible skill up rates.

This is easily the most hopelessly frustrating period of my entire P&D career. Sigh.

Damn it feels good to unload all these Poporing. Only 3 skillups from 6 stacks of them though; still have three more stacks to go through after I evolve him to Cu Chu. Meanwhile my second Berserk didn't even get a single skillup while my Lilith got to max SL.

Also just a reminder that when Chinese gods came out in Japan so many people bought stones it crashed the payment processing servers.

Damn it feels good to unload all these Poporing. Only 3 skillups from 6 stacks of them though; still have three more stacks to go through after I evolve him to Cu Chu. Meanwhile my second Berserk didn't even get a single skillup while my Lilith got to max SL.

Also just a reminder that when Chinese gods came out in Japan so many people bought stones it crashed the payment processing servers.

holy shit. Wonder how much it takes to crash the servers...

These 'SUPER' Descended dungeons suck for timing. 2nd time in a row for C it's been at 1AM. sucks.

Zero_IYAD

thats why you buy in bulk. it's only .7 per stone :D
That's still way too much considering what their role is!
You might buy 10, waste them on 2 rolls on the REM & get NOTHING!
That's 7-10 $ wasted! That much can buy you real games!

oh, just got my 2nd Naga -god that dungeon drops once every 5 runs or so!-..
What should I do? Try to skill up my only Echidna or keep her for now in my box since it might turn into a 2nd Echidna later?

Also, where can I get a 2nd Mermaid? I still got plenty of monsters to skill one up

Edit: Also thanks to Moyium@PFG & cyno@GAF, you guys helped me run that Scarlet Snake Princess many times so far, without your help I wouldn't have managed to grab 2 Nagas : )

Radav

For anyone who's planning on running Zeus Dios with either a Horus or Ra team what are you planning on using for your subs? I've got a variety of monsters I could use and am having trouble deciding on what to go with.

Jagernaut

I saved 10 yellow poring for my Valkyrie and didn't get a single skillup, feels bad. I had no problem maxing Cu Chulain and Siegfried last week, my luck with skillups goes up and down.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I can't really hang in expert naga so im doing int. Gonna be spending all my stam on that today and I hope to get one.

Kreed

Also skilled up my Vampire Lord to Level 6, is he worthy specially if I managed to turn him into a Duke or should I work on levelling up other monsters?

Vampire Lord is definitely a great monster, but right now you don't have enough dark team members for a decent dark team, so I would keep focusing on Fire, Water, and Grass team members until you get better dark monsters.

Also, where can I get a 2nd Mermaid? I still got plenty of monsters to skill one up

In terms of Normal Dungeons, the Voice of Siren dungeon in the Sea Cave of Mercury. But generally it's better to run the Dragon dungeons like Sky Dragon of Water as the healer girls have a much better drop rate.

Also I don't know if you've run the dungeon yet, but the Groove Coaster Collab dungeon has a couple of "ok" orb changing members/element enhancement members for your Fire, Water, and Grass teams that you can use until you can farm a Titan, Highlander, Berserk, and Mystic Ice Knight.

J0dy77

Well that godfest couldn't be any better! Angels + Chinese Gods. Awesome!

Completely agree, this is probably the best Godfest we've ever had. Only other one I recall in this category was the Egyptian/something fest a little while back.

When is this fest? I'm sitting on 25 stones today, they'll definitely get 4 rolls but might save 5 stones for Zeus-Dios.

I'm going to print out t-shirts now... "Pulled for Chinese Gods/Angels and all I got was this crummy rider". The thread might explode from all the disappointment. lol

For anyone who's planning on running Zeus Dios with either a Horus or Ra team what are you planning on using for your subs? I've got a variety of monsters I could use and am having trouble deciding on what to go with.

Something like

Siren (75)
Ech (80)
D/D Hades (Max)
Parv (81)

Offense will be coming from the x4/x24 multiplier with the active skills being used for defensive purposes. Just hope I can charge Ech in time.

StMeph

Sitting on a bunch of blue pengdra. Oh cool, sapphire and super sapphires today.

Checked my box, and I have zero plants. Today is Friday. Fuck.

Abandond

Of the 5 porings I had, I got one Sieg skill up and one Cu skill up, can't complain.

Not even sure if I want to bother with scarlet snake princess after last time...

I saved 10 yellow poring for my Valkyrie and didn't get a single skillup, feels bad. I had no problem maxing Cu Chulain and Siegfried last week, my luck with skillups goes up and down.

Dude, I understand, I went 1/11 today on my Valk (with the only skill up coming on the last feed).

so I am 1/15 on skill ups for the day (between Valk, UFO, and Echidna)

Zero_IYAD

Also I don't know if you've run the dungeon yet, but the Groove Coaster Collab dungeon has a couple of "ok" orb changing members/element enhancement members for your Fire, Water, and Grass teams that you can use until you can farm a Titan, Highlander, Berserk, and Mystic Ice Knight.
Can't beat the master level, so I only played the Expert once & already got the red/blue/green monsters.
I can replay that dungeon a few more times once the event week finishes : )

I pay 85 stones like 39€ or something since it's 5200 yens on the US version and i'm in the EU.
Still way too much ><

J0dy77

I had 6 blue poring left over for Siegfried and needed two skill ups, got 1. A bit disapointed that I didn't max him but that 2 weeks of poring was awesome. Everything else I have is maxed or 1 away.

I'm probably going to run my Hera-IS lineup, Horus/Horus with Viper, Echidna, Valk and Chu and just try and burn through everything with as few stones as possible. Possible replacement might be Awoken Hera for Chu to pick up the gravity.

That's still way too much considering what their role is!
You might buy 10, waste them on 2 rolls on the REM & get NOTHING!
That's 7-10 $ wasted! That much can buy you real games!

oh, just got my 2nd Naga -god that dungeon drops once every 5 runs or so!-..
What should I do? Try to skill up my only Echidna or keep her for now in my box since it might turn into a 2nd Echidna later?

Edit: Also thanks to Moyium@PFG & cyno@GAF, you guys helped me run that Scarlet Snake Princess many times so far, without your help I wouldn't have managed to grab 2 Nagas : )

I'd say feed for now and farm that dungeon as much as you can today, spending a stone might be worth it. Having a max skilled Naga is very very important. I have 2 but have never used the second. I'm keeping her unevolved for the low team cost dungeons. there are some teams that use 2 nagas but they're way down the road for you.

Zero_IYAD

I'd say feed for now and farm that dungeon as much as you can today, spending a stone might be worth it. Having a max skilled Naga is very very important. I have 2 but have never used the second. I'm keeping her unevolved for the low team cost dungeons. there are some teams that use 2 nagas but they're way down the road for you.
Guh, just fed my Echidna 2 Nagas & didn't get a single skill up >_<
Won't give up tho, will spend all day trying to get as many Nagas as possible & keep feeding my Echidna, I do agree her skill is very handy & maxing it is a priority.
Won't waste stones tho, I need those 10 to roll 2 times tomorrow, am in a dire need of a god

mercviper

Yesssssss Siegfried went 3/15 for skillups to max out, leaving me 4 extra for exp. They still went to Siegfried anyway lol. Valk only had 9 drops to gain 5 levels after the abysmal luck during the last event though. Got pretty lucky and managed 3/9 for a skill lvl 5 valk. Not too shabby. I should be able to max her the next time I see the poring dungeon and then I'm done with that place unless I'm trying to get Porings to level light/dark golems (yeah right).

The best part is I now have 72 free box spaces again :D

StMeph

While Echidna is available, I also want to point out for everyone that already has one that the upcoming 10-cost Draggie dungeon means that you can only bring a 4* Echidna.

If you're the type to clear everything and level monsters just to tackle new content, you might want to get a 4* Echidna. And, I assume, a Naga for the 5-cost in the future?

While Echidna is available, I also want to point out for everyone that already has one that the upcoming 10-cost Draggie dungeon means that you can only bring a 4* Echidna.

If you're the type to clear everything and level monsters just to tackle new content, you might want to get a 4* Echidna. And, I assume, a Naga for the 5-cost in the future?

I hope there is not a 5-Cost dungeon... I mean what would you be able to bring? Dub-lits and random 3* monsters?

How could they make that dungeon even fair?

EDIT: Did a look see, best team would be 3* Dark starter team with 4 dub-mythlits. Next best would be 4xhp attacker team (thanks to the green Squid from Groove Collab) and a whole mess load of low ninjas/chimeras. any team except for maybe that dark starter team would probably need a with a succubus/ghostring for poison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom