• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

StMeph

I post at work on my phone lol.

Post 1 which covers most of the same stuff as the existing one minus the strategy and plus an extended tutorial is pretty much done asides from the graphics for it, which are hella awkward to do on a laptop with no Internet access. Post 2 which covers beginner and advanced strategy I might delay until after making the new thread, what say you guys?

I think Post 1 should be the usual introductory stuff. Event announcements, GAF friend code thread, fancy graphics, etc.

Post 2 should be the tutorialish stuff, tips, strategy, tier lists, etc.

Right now, with OT1, I would say that the 1st Post is too verbose. Most of it is good information, but it's too much for someone totally new, and stuff that someone who's played the game for a bit should already know. The OT should be simpler, and the tutorialish stuff can be moved to Post 2.

So something like:

POST 1
Fancy introduction to the game.
Event announcements.
References: PDX, JP/Asian wiki, websites, GAF friend code link

POST 2
Starting the game: what to look for, and how to reroll. (tier list)

Team building, common team comps and pairings for leaders.

General tutorial for beginners:
What stones are used for (and how best to use them)
Metal dragon timers (and figuring out your Group)
Using the friend leader finder on PDX
What dungeons to do for XP, gold, etc
What the daily dungeons are for

Thanks Gung Ho just what I always wanted.

jyRyeRLl.jpg

Oh and Naga appeared on every single floor of that run...

Yeah, I totally didn't know that you have to give your enemies a turn eventually. I was thinking you could repeatedly delay them forever, but since that's not the case, that team loses is brokenness.

Limit

Haha well I had about 100 saved up due to indecision on where to put them. Once i pulled horus there was no question. I'm only about 15 away now and then Horus will be done. From there I'll be splitting them between Lucifer and Echidna.

I'm going to try really hard not to pull during this godfest since I already have Lucifer, Horus, and Ra, so I don't see any need for a Chinese god or am angel. I'll try to run sapphires a lot later and pump up my blue team a bit.

You know what's better than a Lucifer. Two Lucifers.

Abandond

I hate having 77 stamina, I want to drop a few stones for the super sapphs since I want to evolve my Siegfried, but feels like such a waste, I'll probably do one run of super sapph and then one run of the friday dungeon since I need two dublits.

J0dy77

I use PadGuide for iOS, the alarm feature has kept me from missing many limited time events.

I love pad guide. Worth the download just for the timers that you don't have to adjust for your time zone. Plus a ton of other great dungeon info stored locally. Download it if you don't have it.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Finally got my first naga after 8 or so runs. Not even worrying about skill ups at this point.

Nista

Time to distract myself from Naga dungeon anger...

So let's talk Hera-Is team subs, which do you think makes more sense?

Grodin/Abyss Neptune Leaders with StE and Enchilada (not max skill, thanks to Gungtroll)

The last two subs I can't decide on:

Hera & Rainbow
StE #2 & Hera
Hera & Mech Asgard
or Hera & Hades

I still feel like my RCV is too low, especially when using the defensive subs.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Time to distract myself from Naga dungeon anger...

So let's talk Hera-Is team subs, which do you think makes more sense?

Grodin/Abyss Neptune Leaders with StE and Enchilada (not max skill, thanks to Gungtroll)

The last two subs I can't decide on:

Hera & Rainbow
StE #2 & Hera
Hera & Mech Asgard
or Hera & Hades

I still feel like my RCV is too low, especially when using the defensive subs.

Honestly, I'm considering a Valk team. Apparently it can stomp the dungeon if you have a reasonably skilled Echidna. Max skill makes it even easier.

E: Sorry, misread your post. Hera & Hades gets my vote.

Jagernaut

4 runs of Sapphire Super Kings and I got 7 Super Kings, 2 kings and a bunch of highs. Maxed out my Abyss Neptune, and put the rest on Hera-Is. Super Kings invaded 3 times, feels good.

I just reached 101 stamina, it's nice to finally be able to run super kings twice on 1 stamina bar.

The thing I love most about the Super Jewel/Metal dungeons is that I don't have to worry about raising Pengdras. And 2 High Dragons is the perfect amount for maxing out these GC collab monsters in prep for evolution.

Seconded on the horrible naga dungeon, had a similar run with her appearing on almost all floors but not dropping (although I did get devils...). Two stamina refreshes later and I've got 2 skill ups on Echidna so I'm happy.

Anyway, is anyone willing to put up an AMAZING green odin so I can drop a few stones and try my luck with Hera-Is?

My ID is 329 251 248 if any helpful souls could do that. I'll have my horrible lvl56 Abyss neptune up but I doubt anyone will be wanting him.

Wow looks like I got pretty lucky. Only had to feed 5 Echidnas to get the last skill up, and I got them in 7 or 8 runs. Really glad I don't have to spend stones on it now.

Raika

Currently sitting at 3/8 skill ups for Echidna. Not bad, at least better than 1/13 for Highlander and 1/6 for Berserk. And I only spent a single stone on the Naga dungeon. Gonna wait till next time it comes around to max my Echidna. >:

Zero_IYAD

Well, I actually never knew about mono-colored teams before writing in this topic & never considered them! I mean how can I attack properly when am only depending on a single color!
But yesterday & today proved me wrong..
Since most of you here kept advising me to build a mono-fire team, & since my strongest monster & healer are water-typed, I thought why not build a mono-water one!
Teaming this team with Hermes gave me great results yesterday catching 5 Nagas & today in the Master levelled weekend dungeon :D

tumblr_mro4k7eh1o1srgzyyo1_500.png

Since I can't run Hera-Is & Zeus-Dio guess I'll keep running the weekend dungeon today & tomorrow + Super Dragon dungeons : )

The alarm feature is not working on my note 2 :(
Weird! Works fine on my S3 !

Well, I actually never knew about mono-colored teams before writing in this topic & never considered them! I mean how can I attack properly when am only depending on a single color!
Since most of you here kept advising me to build a mono-fire team, & since my strongest monster & healer are water-typed, I thought why not build a mono-water one!
Teaming this team with Hermes gave me great results yesterday catching 5 Nagas & today in the Master levelled weekend dungeon :D

Here's a mono-blue guide if you need it.

Love my mono-blue team, even though I don't have Orochi or hera-is.

^
I don't have any of these except StE T^T

You can farm for berserker during the two hero event. His heartbreaker ability compliments StE well.

Gabriel you can try for during the upcoming godfest and mystic ice knight is usual REM filler.

You can also farm for Ice Golems to make them into Water Mech Warrior,which will do better for you than the Keeper of Waters.

J0dy77

tumblr_mro4k7eh1o1srgzyyo1_500.png

Since I can't run Hera-Is & Zeus-Dio guess I'll keep running the weekend dungeon today & tomorrow + Super Dragon dungeons : )

Weird! Works fine on my S3 !

You'll want to focus on picking up Siegfried from 2 heroes (going to be tough with your current box) and Fenrir from the Blue Knight dungeon. Unfortunately they didnt add that dungeon this time around, but focus on getting the light/dark and dragon knights. Having orb changers makes Mono teams successful.

Your red team is stronger and has better potential than your red. Focus on getting echidnas skill as high as possible and evolving her. Use your phoenix night and go after titans. The titans can be farmed Wrath of the giant in tower of giants at 2x drop rate on the weekend. It will be pretty decent experience as well but this may take a long time.

Kreed

http://31.media.tumblr.com/cbaa577b98a5bbd1c1b2f2303947d346/tumblr_mro4k7eh1o1srgzyyo1_500.png[IMG]

Since I can't run Hera-Is & Zeus-Dio guess I'll keep running the weekend dungeon today & tomorrow + Super Dragon dungeons : )![/QUOTE]

The key to mono colored teams are orb changers/monsters who change the colors of orbs to the color orbs you need. This way when you run out of a certain color, you can use their skills to make more of the orb colors you want. You can also use them to increase the amount of a certain color on the board to produce huge combos against stronger monsters. The "staple" orb changers that people use are as follows:

Water Team:

Berserk, Mystic Ice Knight

Fire Team:

Titan, Mystic Fire Knight (you have this one)

Grass Team:

Highlander, Mystic Stone Knight (you have this one)

Dark Team:

Vampire (you have this one), Mystic Dark Knight

Light Team:

Valkyrie, Mystic Light Knight

There are more orb changers (like the Groove Coaster monsters I mentioned to you earlier, Hermes, Ares, etc...), but the ones above are the main ones people use.

You definitely should build mono water and mono grass with your Brachys, but we were suggesting starting with Fire first since you have more fire team members and now with your Naga you only need to farm a Titan to have a strong fire team.

Ideally, these are the team members you will want for your final mono fire, water, and grass teams (I am only including monsters that can be farmed/are not in the REM only, and I am leaving off monsters in dungeons you can't complete right now).

[B]Mono Water:[/B]

Plesios, Siren, Berserk, Mystic Ice Knight

For the fifth member, you can sub in any of these members until you get/pull something better like a Hera-Is:

Siren, Ancient Water Dragon, Water War Dragon, Ice Mechdragon, Ice Golem, Kraken, Crystal Aurora Dragon

[B]Mono Grass:[/B]

Brachys, Mystic Stone Knight, Highlander,

For the fourth and fifth members you can sub in any of these members:

Griffin, Earth Golem, Ancient Wood Dragon, Wind War Dragon, Wind Mechdragon, Graviton Earth Dragon

[B]Mono Fire:[/B]

Uriel, Mystic Fire Knight, Titan, Echidna

For the fifth member you can sub in any of these monsters:

Phoenix, Echidna, Mastering, Tyrannos, Meteor Volcano Dragon, Fire Golem, Ancient Fire Dragon, Fire War Dragon, Flame Mech Dragon

On Monday the Breaker's dungeon will be up, which has all 5 golems (the red, blue, and green appear at different rates). You should use that dungeon to farm the red, blue, and green ones.

Cels

I've just been freestyling my way thru the dungeons so far, and now I finally hit a point where I am having a rough time with dungeons. I haven't used any magic stones on rare eggs beside from my mandatory pull (Titan), just used stones on expanding my box (60).

Right now my main monsters are the five star versions of the red, blue, and dark starters, divinegon, gigas, and mandrake. Not to concerned about making a strong team off that set of monsters yet since I'm waiting for a godfest to use my stones.

I'm rank 50, I'm at the "Tomb of the Saintdeep" dungeon and I'm on the 3rd technical dungeon (fire).

Is there anything I should be on the lookout for in the upcoming godfest or anything I should be working towards?

Zero_IYAD

This page is a treasure! thanks everyone for breaking mono-teams for me : )

Two Heroes is way too strong for me right now, I just reviewed it's monsters & I don't think I can even reach the boss >_<

Am running as much as I can through the weekend dungeon today & tomorrow to stack coins & keep increasing my rank -thus refelling my stamina for the Super Dragons dungeons-.

Yesterday was all about collecting Nagas, even tho I ended up with 1 Echidna & wasting the other 4 trying to skill her but wasn't lucky at all, am planning to repeat this after the weekend, gonna farm Breakers/Blade of Justice/Dark Night Sword dungeons hoping for drops from their mystic knights & hopefully some golems

Jagernaut

I've just been freestyling my way thru the dungeons so far, and now I finally hit a point where I am having a rough time with dungeons. I haven't used any magic stones on rare eggs beside from my mandatory pull (Titan), just used stones on expanding my box (60).

Right now my main monsters are the five star versions of the red, blue, and dark starters, divinegon, gigas, and mandrake. Not to concerned about making a strong team off that set of monsters yet since I'm waiting for a godfest to use my stones.

I'm rank 50, I'm at the "Tomb of the Saintdeep" dungeon and I'm on the 3rd technical dungeon (fire).

Is there anything I should be on the lookout for in the upcoming godfest or anything I should be working towards?

You should try to get a Mystic Stone Knight from the Dragon Guardian dungeon on Tuesday and evolve him to Ancient Dragon Knight. With ADK leader and ADK friend you will have 6.25x attack for all dragons on your team.

Quantum

can you gift your account to someone?

I really liked the game for a long time - just hit my 200 days and haven't rolled my bonus yet but I think I'm done.

I completely respect the posters in this thread and I think the community is what kept me hanging on for so long, but I totally feel up against the paywall right now.

while I understand the game I seriously have a problem with the crazy hp sink most of the custom dungeons have. I can beat most dungeons - I zero stoned hera with relative ease, but the sheer amount of time it required has me dubious of the future.

I really hoped the groove coaster would have gotten me excited, but I'm just burned out on this one I think.

that being said - I'm totally dropping console money when P&Dz 3ds pops up, I just can't give it to gungho now - feeling totally trolled as my rolls are just plain ugly for the last 140 days.

linsivvi

I guess you missed the Naga dungeon already.

Try to field a team that allows you to beat the daily dungeons for this event and run them exclusively, ignoring the descend dungeons. That will give you the white/black/green mystic knights and if you are lucky, all five colors of the golems.

Pretty much everything from today's Godfest will be of use for you; you still need an end-game worthy leader which like all of the boosted guys will be able to provide.
can you gift your account to someone?

I really liked the game for a long time - just hit my 200 days and haven't rolled my bonus yet but I think I'm done.

I completely respect the posters in this thread and I think the community is what kept me hanging on for so long, but I totally feel up against the paywall right now.

while I understand the game I seriously have a problem with the crazy hp sink most of the custom dungeons have. I can beat most dungeons - I zero stoned hera with relative ease, but the sheer amount of time it required has me dubious of the future.

I really hoped the groove coaster would have gotten me excited, but I'm just burned out on this one I think.

that being said - I'm totally dropping console money when P&Dz 3ds pops up, I just can't give it to gungho now - feeling totally trolled as my rolls are just plain ugly for the last 140 days.
You can give somebody your data048.bin file. Technically illegal yes, but I don't think most people care. Login files aren't cross platform so you should specify if you're iOS/Android.

BlueSteel

Hm, I already have Horus, Ra, and Lucifer...

I'm wondering if I should do the godfest. I haven't bought any stones since my binge for lucifer, which wasn't that bad...

OTIX

Yes! Just beat Hera-Is Mythical with my Zeus team. One stone spent and got one back, quite happy with that. Funnily enough the stone I spent was on the first wave because the dark demon survived the first round with a sliver of health. I probably should have restarted instead but I only had one +297 Zeus on my list and it's pretty hard to oneshot that demon anyway.

I didn't particularly need a second Hera-Is, it was mostly for completion. Now I've cleared all descended dungeons so far on all difficulties.

Zeus-D tomorrow, looks like he's gonna be really tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom