• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Stage 5 of Hera-Is question.

Do they always use their first turn to "open mouth"? If so, I think I'm about to 0 stone this dungeon with my Valk team. I just need to stall 4 turns for Shynee to charge. If I can stall one turn on him, Echidna means I can buy a turn or two on Hera-Is and get my 27x damage (hopefully 54x with Alraune and make quick work of her).

E: Valk team is incredibly strong, wow. With a little Round 1 luck, I'm nearly positive you can 0 stone farm this dungeon. Awesome. Also, she dropped. I may farm a second or third, but getting one is a HUGE step in the right direction.

Do they always use their first turn to "open mouth"? If so, I think I'm about to 0 stone this dungeon with my Valk team. I just need to stall 4 turns for Shynee to charge. If I can stall one turn on him, Echidna means I can buy a turn or two on Hera-Is and get my 27x damage (hopefully 54x with Alraune and make quick work of her).

E: Valk team is incredibly strong, wow. With a little Round 1 luck, I'm nearly positive you can 0 stone farm this dungeon. Awesome. Also, she dropped. I may farm a second or third, but getting one is a HUGE step in the right direction.
What's your team comp/total HP? Might try Hera-Is with Team Girl Power if I have a similar build. Have a feeling my completely inability to get a Siren on JP could make things difficult.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
What's your team comp/total HP? Might try Hera-Is with Team Girl Power if I have a similar build. Have a feeling my completely inability to get a Siren on JP could make things difficult.

Here's the team I just cleared it with. I'm going to put a few more levels on with some mats just because why not.

E: Valk (and partner lead Valk), Siren, and Echidna all max skilled.

For size said:
bQElTce.jpg

Limit

The description for Protection of the Gods skill that Zeus Dios uses says "provides immunity against status alignments" on puzzledragonx. Shouldn't that be status "ailments"? As in; don't bother bringing Echidna against him? If so, then I'm contemplating replacing Echidna with Wood Mech Warrior in tackling Zeus Dios.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
The description for Protection of the Gods skill that Zeus Dios uses says "provides immunity against status alignments" on puzzledragonx. Shouldn't that be status "ailments"? As in; don't bother bringing Echidna against him? If so, then I'm contemplating replacing Echidna with Wood Mech Warrior in tackling Zeus Dios.

Yup. But you can usually get one off before he casts it and starts attacking. Unless, of course, it's a pre-emptive move. But even if you can buy a FEW turns, she pays for herself.

Kreed

54x with Alraune?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Ah got it. I might have to attempt this.

Honestly, the hardest stage is the first. Obviously you're better off if you get the dark dragons vs the ice dudes. But I had no issues with Aldebaran. And really, 2 Valks at high level + Alraune means you shouldn't have too much trouble if you DO run into an ice dragon.

razterik

Just a heads up, but 2x on Groove Coaster does not guarantee that the evolved stages (5 & 9) drop on Master. Stick to Universe if you are hunting skill ups. Was the CoC collab the same? I don't think I ran the 2x on that one.

J0dy77

Hm, I already have Horus, Ra, and Lucifer...

I'm wondering if I should do the godfest. I haven't bought any stones since my binge for lucifer, which wasn't that bad...

I was debating this myself. I would only want Kiren and Lucifer which is wishful thinking, especially after watching that Tubegame pull video. I'll give a couple pulls a try and see how it goes. Might decide to just burn a bunch on stamina and get levels into Horus and the healer girl team.
Here's the team I just cleared it with. I'm going to put a few more levels on with some mats just because why not.

E: Valk (and partner lead Valk), Siren, and Echidna all max skilled.

Did you spend any stones to beat Hera with this lineup? The valk teams really do seem disgustingly strong. I may need to start pumping levels and plus eggs into this team. I have all of the pieces.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Did you spend any stones to beat Hera with this lineup? The valk teams really do seem disgustingly strong. I may need to start pumping levels and plus eggs into this team. I have all of the pieces.

I spent one stone because my hand slipped off the screen, haha. Otherwise, no. Although, it DOES depend on a good first round. If you round 1 is bad, you're fucked.

I spent one stone because my hand slipped off the screen, haha. Otherwise, no. Although, it DOES depend on a good first round. If you round 1 is bad, you're fucked.

Hera-IS mythical or legendary for the valk team? I've got all the pieces. (But not a decently killed king shynee). So either way probably not this time, BUT if its mythical then it gives me something to work towards

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Hera-IS mythical or legendary for the valk team? I've got all the pieces. (But not a decently killed king shynee). So either way probably not this time, BUT if its mythical then it gives me something to work towards

Legend. Mythical is probably doable, but you'd need mad +eggs on the monsters.

Scratch

meep. wiped on stage 5 again. it sucks that i need stage 5 to be Chaos Blizzard Dragon for me to even have a chance in completing this dungeon

maybe while rolling for godfest i can score a drawn joker

J0dy77

I tried this on mythical with this team and wiped on round one. I just missed burning through the dark devil by under 5%.

qgD3WRCl.jpg

I think I had a realistic shot if I would have gotten through round one and didn't run out if hearts. I could tank everything but the last two rounds.

Scratch

What was your team?

Chaos Blizzard Dragon lead -lvl 37 and your max abyss neptune

2x RK
1x EtRE - lvl 48
1x StE - Max Skill lvl 39

stage 5 is still pretty difficult w/ CBD seeing as i have to heal back 13k hp in 2 turns, but at least it's doable. its a team that relies entirely on stage 5 being blue :(

OTIX

I tried this on mythical with this team and wiped on round one. I just missed burning through the dark devil by under 5%.

qgD3WRCl.jpg

I think I had a realistic shot if I would have gotten through round one and didn't run out if hearts. I could tank everything but the last two rounds.
I'm not sure you can reliably burn down 3m HP with this team, and with only one delay I think there's a good chance you'll have trouble burning down the previous waves as well. If you have Zeus I think that's a more reliable team for Mythical, as long as you can get through the first wave the rest is fairly safe. I used this team:

Zeus
Hera
Hera
Echidna maxed
Echidna 14 rnd
Zeus

With two Echidnas I was able to use delays on wave 2, 3 and 4 and still have another charged for the boss (every Echidna skillup is worth it's weight in gold!). With 4 gravities and a delay the boss is very safe. The only hard part was killing the dark demon on the first wave, had to use a stone there, then it was pretty easy to outheal the blue demon while slowly whittling it down and charging skills.

J0dy77

I'm not sure you can reliably burn down 3m HP with this team, and with only one delay I think there's a good chance you'll have trouble burning down the previous waves as well. If you have Zeus I think that's a more reliable team for Mythical, as long as you can get through the first wave the rest is fairly safe. I used this team:

Zeus
Hera
Hera
Echidna maxed
Echidna 14 rnd
Zeus

With two Echidnas I was able to use delays on wave 2, 3 and 4 and still have another charged for the boss (every Echidna skillup is worth it's weight in gold!). With 4 gravities and a delay the boss is very safe. The only hard part was killing the dark demon on the first wave, had to use a stone there, then it was pretty easy to outheal the blue demon while slowly whittling it down and charging skills.

3 Million HP is only on Hera, everyone else is under 1 million. I was going to see if I could burn through the CDD in round 5 without delay, if that was the case Hera should drop if I save the King shiny skillup. 27X damage with a ton of yellow and double damage from Ceres could do a ton of damage in one round.

OTIX

3 Million HP is only on Hera, everyone else is under 1 million. I was going to see if I could burn through the CDD in round 5 without delay, if that was the case Hera should drop if I save the King shiny skillup. 27X damage with a ton of yellow and double damage from Ceres could do a ton of damage in one round.
Yes, it's possible to do some crazy damage with Shynee, I still think you'd need a bit of luck to take down Hera in time. The benefit of the Zeus team is reliability, with quad gravity she's down to 600k hp, with a delay that's a very safe kill. Actually, triple gravity and a Valk sub would probably be even safer.

Overall I think Zeus is a lot better than many people give him credit for. 9x is not very impressive these days but a Zeus team tends to have great stats across the board and when you stack gravities and delays, 9x goes a long way. He's also very good at charging up skills in descended dungeons since he loses the damage multiplier easily.

On a related note I suspect that Athena will not be quite as useful as she appears at first glance. Since her multiplier is static she won't be able to charge any long skills such as gravity or Zeus-D skill, he would otherwise have been an awesome sub on an Athena team. I guess you'll need some orb changing gods like Apollo or Meimei to make Athena viable.

Jagernaut

Failed to stage 5 again. One day!!!

Have you beat the regular Hera dungeon yet? Its easier and Hera is a guaranteed drop unlike Hera-Is on Legendary. I had to complete Hera-Is 4 times before she dropped, its really fustrating to use stones to continue and not get the drop..

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Another clear, but no drop this time. I'll probably try once more. I'd love one Hera-Is, but one is better than none.

Also, I'm not really itching for any Chinese God, but I'm rolling with my fingers crossed for that SoD Luci. I wouldn't MIND a Chinese God, as I'm sure some teams will pop up, but that damn Luci...

Scratch

Have you beat the regular Hera dungeon yet? Its easier and Hera is a guaranteed drop unlike Hera-Is on Legendary. I had to complete Hera-Is 4 times before she dropped, its really fustrating to use stones to continue and not get the drop..

Yeah I have an awoken hera normal and one more max lvl hera. But hera-is is so cool (no pun intended)!

Byakko, MIK x3, Flame Golem, Dryad, Succubus, Shaitan, Machine Golem, Light Metatron, Pierdra, Hermes, Gryps Rider, Freyja, MDK. Should have stopped after Byakko...

Edit: 0 skillups from the dupes too.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
just used all my stones on 5 pulls, last one was chinese, genbu/meimei. Not kirin, but at least I didnt get totally boned.

Uthred

4 Pulls, MSK (Already have Maxed ADK), MSK, (Fed both no skillup), Archangel Michael, Uriel.

Not total shit but nothing I wanted. Are Uriel and Michael any use at all? Suppose I could use them as subs for my Isis team

Jagernaut

4 pulls

1. Ancient Dragon Knight - already have a max skilled ADK, but could use another
2. Viper Orochi - my first Japanese god and one of my most wanted gods
3. Pierdra - already have a Jester Dragon Drawn Joker, no skillup
4. Toytops - dupe, fed to Parvati and got the skillup

Fishious

8 pulls

Succubus (no skillup)
Mystic Ice Knight (no skillup)
Titan
Archangel Michael
Vampire (dupe and don't need the skillup)
Shaitan
Pierdra (no skillup)
Hattori Hanzo

Michael and Hanzo could be useful, but otherwise kinda disappointing. I can get one more roll tomorrow once I get the free stone, but I won't hold my breath hoping. They were all free stones so I can't be too upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom