• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

massoluk

Banned
I don't understand you RNG God. You always gave me golems in other god fest. Went in just now with my only 5 stones for one throw for Chinese God fest, expecting totally nothing, and.... Archangel Lucifer, with ATK +1

xCobalt

OK guys, need some advice. First post in the PAD thread ^_^

I thought now might be a good time to reroll on my iOS account, which is my secondary account. Little lower rank (only 42) but I have an Ares and a Ra on this account, which were my first two rolls.

Thought I'd get greedy and try rolling for a Kirin. I backed up first of course in case I want to go back. On my 3rd or 4th reroll, I got a Byakko Haku (dark one).

Would you say it's worth keeping Haku and sticking with the reroll or going back to my Ares/Ra account? Or should I keep rerolling and go for Kirin?

I could make a secondary backup for Haku just in case, but anyway, what's your opinion GAF? (non-paying player btw).

My main account, I rolled a Dk Golem MK 2 (already had the 3 star one from a previous roll), a Naga, and a Ceres. Happy about Ceres since I already have a solid green team to put her on. My main account has a Viper Orochi, Siren, Marine Rider, Parvati, Vritra, Anubis and Ceres at Rank 65.

Oh shit its fubarduck. How's it going?

Given that you have Ra on your second account, I don't think it's worth it to reroll. I would only consider Kirin if you have too much trouble consistently activating Ra's ability.

Also, if you're starting over, it's gonna be awhile before you can have an optimized team for Kirin (or Haku). Gotta wait around until an Echidna dungeon comes along again and have a team ready for Two Heroes.

I kind of wish they would stop throwing Odin in these god fests since for some unknown reason he is like all I get.

Did 4 pulls today, ended up with -

2x Green Odin
1x Light Metatron
1x Shaitan

Already had a Green Odin from before.

My teams are still kind of a mess at this point though, still nothing I really feel comfortable even attempting descended dungeons with even though the normal dungeons don't put up much fight anymore.

vdxf9w4.jpg

If there are any harder dungeons in particular I have a team makeup for any help formatting it would be appreciated, that's the important parts of my box and what I have.

xCobalt

I kind of wish they would stop throwing Odin in these god fests since for some unknown reason he is like all I get.

Did 4 pulls today, ended up with -

2x Green Odin
1x Light Metatron
1x Shaitan

Already had a Green Odin from before.

My teams are still kind of a mess at this point though, still nothing I really feel comfortable even attempting descended dungeons with even though the normal dungeons don't put up much fight anymore.

If there are any harder dungeons in particular I have a team makeup for any help formatting it would be appreciated, that's the important parts of my box and what I have.

Odin + Ama can easily clear Hera if you pass the hp threshold but I forget what that was though. Odin + Neptune can also clear Hera-Is.

You could use your Persephone along with a Lucifer to clear two heroes

You can also use your Gabriel along with another Gabriel or Blue Noel to clear Goemon.

There's a lot of potential with your monsters, just gotta start forming a good team around them.

Odin + Ama can easily clear Hera if you pass the hp threshold but I forget what that was though. Odin + Neptune can also clear Hera-Is.

You could use your Persephone along with a Lucifer to clear two heroes

You can also use your Gabriel along with another Gabriel or Blue Noel to clear Goemon.

There's a lot of potential with your monsters, just gotta start forming a good team around them.

Ok thanks, I think the biggest issue I have run into is how slow it is to level up monsters even with pengdras and the jewel dragon dungeons. Alot of my monsters tend to stall out around level 30-50 and it starts taking a really long time to level them up so I am not sure I would meet the kinds of HP thresholds required yet. I will look into it though and check out what subs I should be using for the other ones in the mean time.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
All of my pulls were poo. Well, I DID get a light Metatron. Which may go OK with my Healer team? But I can't decide if I should spend money for more pulls or continue on. I don't imagine any of these new Chinese Gods are necessary to clear content with a Horus already in my arsenal, right?

xCobalt

Ok thanks, I think the biggest issue I have run into is how slow it is to level up monsters even with pengdras and the jewel dragon dungeons. Alot of my monsters tend to stall out around level 30-50 and it starts taking a really long time to level them up so I am not sure I would meet the kinds of HP thresholds required yet. I will look into it though and check out what subs I should be using for the other ones in the mean time.

I was in your position awhile ago. It just didn't seem worth it to level them past 50 or so. Once your box is large enough and you realize how useful it is to have a high level monster, it does get easier to level them up.

To take down Hera, you need at least 16,500 hp and a healer that can heal you 2500 every turn (easier using a friend's Ama but Siren or the other healers will work if their RCV is high enuogh). You team could be: Odin with 2 Rainbow Keepers, Succubus/Light or Dark Golem (to break Neptune's defense), and maybe Nobunga. Odin has really strong HP growth so focus on leveling it up with your emerald dragons or green pengdras.

lordcyno

So here's where I'm at for Zeus dios:

oVBlmw7l.jpg

Was able to one shot highlander and have been stalling on berserker. Thinking I'm going to use echidna if I need to and hopefully have viper charged before leaving round 1.

I couldn't find any Lucifers available last night so I saw your post and tried this team and it worked great. Spent 2 stones which I was estimating with my Lucifer team anyways and it was way faster.

Died twice on Berserk because I got a huge combo on my first attack which left Berserk around 30% which meant he started spamming Clean Cut instead of his normal attack after I hit him a few more times while trying to heal myself so after 2 stones I killed him. I was able to stall the last 8 turns to charge orochi without dying, used Echidna on Hera and Orochi charged right when I killed her. Zeus-Dios went down fast with explosive orbs and 3 fire mobs

Seems like we're seeing some pretty good luck in the thread. Congrats!

Hal digit everyone. My shitty pulls balance everything out. But the thing that gets my goat the most is that all my friends are running leads that I don't like using as much as Goemon, Freyr/ares, and Artemis.

Don't do it Nicoga. Don't.

Log in to see my friend who just started playing about a month or two ago with a Zeus Dios, do a double take and ask him how many stones it took.

"Too many."

Went into Zeus Dios with a Horus team, not expecting to finish. I was close to a level up with a ton of stamina so I figured why not see how well I can stall against Berserk? Well I didn't manage to kill Highlander and he blinded me so I died before I could try it out. I guess I'll wait a little while and try again.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Hal digit everyone. My shitty pulls balance everything out. But the thing that gets my goat the most is that all my friends are running leads that I don't like using as much as Goemon, Freyr/ares, and Artemis.

Don't do it Nicoga. Don't.

Yeah, I'm saying no. Really, the only thing I'm missing to make the team TGP uses to clear most dungeons is Viper Orochi. But I have so many other options to put solid teams together. I wouldn't MIND SoD Luci, but I know that won't happen.

Plus, again, if I have Horus, I feel like I'm better off than Kirin due to the constraint.

I'm having a lot of trouble taking out Highlander so that I can stall against Berserk. Are there any Lucifer teams that someone has had luck with? I may try again with Horus, but I just don't know if I'm gonna be able to stall correctly.

lenni

I don't even want to post my pulls..
Saved 30 stones and did 6 pulls:
Dark Dragon Knight
Mystic Flame Knight
Titan
Drall
Sarutobi Sasuke
Highlander

30 stones well spend... :(

Bertyo

Neo Member
I could really use some suzakus to fill up my friends list. 307,762,277. Hit me up if you want to make some big multipliers baby.

mercviper

Saved 20 stones and finally gave gungho money for 30 more stones. Pulled the following:

Gabriel!! (I actually pulled this with my free stones but I wanted something for a burst team besides Goemon so I bought more)
Dark metatron (great sub but no good subs for his leader skill lol)
Cupidx2
Wood mech
Vamp
Cu chu
Mystic water knight
Toy tops (didnt have this yay)
Last one I don't even remember so it had to be less important than everything else since I ate it for the +stat already

maks

Here's a handy reference by? the padherder guy for everybody who rolled a Chinese god today, lists compatible subs for each element.
http://freyja.wafflemonster.org/china_girl_teams.html

Thanks! I got MeiMei today. She's pretty fun to use.

From that list I have HD Artemis, ADK, Gryps Rider Finn, Rainbow Keeper, and an Earth Guardian that I may need to evolve to Wood Mech Warrior Asguard. I'll try messing around with those.

Kreed

All of my pulls were poo. Well, I DID get a light Metatron. Which may go OK with my Healer team? But I can't decide if I should spend money for more pulls or continue on. I don't imagine any of these new Chinese Gods are necessary to clear content with a Horus already in my arsenal, right?

Damn, I got the crappy water Chinese god. This thing is useless when you already have Horus, right?

If you're good at matching orbs with Horus, then yes, you aren't going to find much benefit with having this god or any of the other non Kirin Chinese gods in regards to power. However if you have difficulty matching orbs/getting the orbs you need consistently on the board, the non Kirin Chinese gods are much easier to use and you're less likely to not have the orbs you need in a turn particularly with their active skill.

getting a gold egg and having a rider come out might be the most frustrating roll you can get.

3 gods out of 10 pulls. 1 angel, 1 rare, and 1 devil. all sad.

OTIX

Went into Zeus Dios with a Horus team, not expecting to finish. I was close to a level up with a ton of stamina so I figured why not see how well I can stall against Berserk? Well I didn't manage to kill Highlander and he blinded me so I died before I could try it out. I guess I'll wait a little while and try again.
Same here, only two red orbs on the board so I had no chance to kill Highlander and got bound immediately so I quit. Now I have to wait for my +260 Horus friend to refresh.

Don't suppose anyone here has a Horus with a lot of +eggs?

ZeroAKA

Day 2 of rerolling for Lucifer... Archangel Metatron is generally considered to be useless, right? I've gotten her 3 times already today.

Same here, only two red orbs on the board so I had no chance to kill Highlander and got bound immediately so I quit. Now I have to wait for my +260 Horus friend to refresh.

Don't suppose anyone here has a Horus with a lot of +eggs?
Are we friends? Mine is at +254, and soon to be maxed hopefully. Friend code is 368,246,208.

I finally got a good board to take out Highlander. I managed to finish the run with 3 stones spent. Lost one going into round 2 with low health. Orochi wasn't charged so I had to pop Echidna and recharge her against archangel. Didn't quite finish due to an accidental combo and got killed by Hera's preemptive strike. I got killed by Hera a second time right as Echidna's skill came up and had no problems from there.

Kreed

PDX 18 Aug Update: Chinese Gods Party Suggestions
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/chiparty.asp

Note: This is not my original work.
Credit: https://twitter.com/PuzzleTwelve
Original Artwork: http://i.imgur.com/YQ6au0u.jpg

Here's a handy reference by? the padherder guy for everybody who rolled a Chinese god today, lists compatible subs for each element.
http://freyja.wafflemonster.org/china_girl_teams.html

As a reminder for those wanting/needing more monster options, you can still use different colored monsters that aren't in the above lists for a specific Chinese god (ex: Echidna/Orochi for Meimei users). They won't help activate the leader ability but they will still benefit from the x3.5/5 attack.

maks

I made it up to Neptune in Ocean of Heaven and can't seem to get past him. Anyone have a team suggestion for me? I tried ADK, Aqua Knight, Graviton Earth Dragon, CDD, CDK, ADK. I was only hitting him for 1 damage after activating the knight :(

cm8n7HE.jpg

FxJ1jVV.jpg

Besides beating Neptune, I would also like to farm OoH. Any good build for that? Each of the floors have been pretty challenging. I believe I was passing the floors with Megalodran Leader and Amaterasu friend.

I made it up to Neptune in Ocean of Heaven and can't seem to get past him. Anyone have a team suggestion for me? I tried ADK, Aqua Knight, Graviton Earth Dragon, CDD, CDK, ADK. I was only hitting him for 1 damage after activating the knight :(

cm8n7HE.jpg

FxJ1jVV.jpg

Besides beating Neptune, I would also like to farm OoH. Any good build for that? Each of the floors have been pretty challenging. I believe I was passing the floors with Megalodran Leader and Amaterasu friend.

Bring Ghostring, stall for N amount of turns until he dies

linsivvi

Can't you just use a Lucifer or Shiva friend to kill it?

Also, I think you will have a much easier time running mono blue with Hermes lead.

J0dy77

Get one of the basic green knights that you see in Kronos forest and level it to 50. You need his armor break skill to break through neptunes defense.

I couldn't find any Lucifers available last night so I saw your post and tried this team and it worked great. Spent 2 stones which I was estimating with my Lucifer team anyways and it was way faster.

Died twice on Berserk because I got a huge combo on my first attack which left Berserk around 30% which meant he started spamming Clean Cut instead of his normal attack after I hit him a few more times while trying to heal myself so after 2 stones I killed him. I was able to stall the last 8 turns to charge orochi without dying, used Echidna on Hera and Orochi charged right when I killed her. Zeus-Dios went down fast with explosive orbs and 3 fire mobs

Congrats. Glad my post helped. I definitely could have zero stoned if I had better luck with the board colors. Never had it go that dry before. Well worth the three stones though.

If it helps my team had 2473 RCv and I used a 297 Horus friend. I would match three hearts and save as many as possible with a four or five combo. Brought me back over the 10k health mark. Small 3 heart match on berserkers attack turn... Rinse and repeat. Use echidna for extra delay if hearts dry up.

I am thinking about running this again to try for a griphin.

Abandond

So if I have Horus, Valk, Chu and Sieg, and I want that to be my main team, should I bother rolling? How good are the chinese gods? I do kinda want light Metatron for a healer team in the future maybe, but is she going to be like Odin where she's in every godfest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom