• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

razterik

I made it up to Neptune in Ocean of Heaven and can't seem to get past him. Anyone have a team suggestion for me? I tried ADK, Aqua Knight, Graviton Earth Dragon, CDD, CDK, ADK. I was only hitting him for 1 damage after activating the knight :(

Besides beating Neptune, I would also like to farm OoH. Any good build for that? Each of the floors have been pretty challenging. I believe I was passing the floors with Megalodran Leader and Amaterasu friend.

Take Ares and a Shiva friend. Stack the team with Gigas, Homura, red ripper dragon, and Echidna if you struggle on the carbuncles. It's mostly blue monsters, so Shiva should be up by the time you reach Neptune. Activate Shiva, then use the dragon and all your orb switching. Should be enough damage to down him.

Mostly finished GAF's community tier list based on the discussion we had previously about starter rolls. This will appear in OT2 when/if(lol?) that gets done
GAF REM Monster Power Rankings

The following is a comprehensive tier list of acceptable starter monsters. If your first REM monster isn't on the list, it's not on the list. Up to date as of version 5.4. The monsters are ranked according to the following factors:
1. Ease of attainment. Some REM monsters can actually be acquired without the use of any magic stones. Anything that can easily be obtained from regular play will not make the list.
2. Usefulness in game progression. The later in the game the monster remains useful as a leader, the higher it appears in the list.
3. General flexibility. Some monsters stop being useful as general end-game leaders but remain important as subs on other teams or as leaders in niche situations.

S Tier: Archangel Lucifer > Horus > Isis
Congrats! You've acquired the cream of the crop - a monster that will take you all the way to endgame and then some.

A Tier: Ares, Hermes, Artemis, Haku, "Dark" Metatron > Freyr, Idunn&Idunna, Freyja, Leilan, Karin
These monsters are solid leaders that will carry you through the first month or so of content without breaking a sweat, but may run into trouble tackling the most difficult content the game has to offer.

B Tier: Valkyrie, Meimei, Loki > Baal, Bastet, "Blue" Odin, Uriel, Gabriel, Michael, "Light" Metatron > Shiva, Parvati, Persephone, Thor
These monsters have flaws that make them unsuitable for late-game content, or are useful only in specific late-game dungeons, but may serve as a good sub on another team.

I don't want to reroll anymore: Apollo, Lakshmi, "Green" Odin, Siegfried
Self-explanatory.

Savant Tier: Ra > Sakuya
Monsters that require prodigious puzzle skills or heavenly luck to be utilized to their full potential.

In every case, further evolved versions of the monsters are also acceptable and almost always more desirable, while lesser evolved versions should be ignored. These tiers were derived from a general consensus among GAFfers. Keep in mind that as the game evolves, monsters can become more or less useful. Yesterday's trash can become tomorrow's treasure, and vice versa. Also keep in mind that the list only ranks monsters that form the backbone of a late/end game team in a vacumn. Your evaluation of a good REM roll completely changes as you continue to acquire monsters that fulfill certain roles in your journey to PAD superstardom.
Pretty much everything is in their proper tier, but I can't decide on the right order to rank the stuff in B Tier. Does it even matter?

Teriyaki

Wow, massively gungtrolled. My four godfest rolls:

Titan
Cupid
Vamp
Dryad

No skills up either after I fed them to the evolved versions of each one I already had. Back to OoH farming, I suppose.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is a Zeus team still viable in the current set of dungeons?

Also, what's the general consensus on Satan? I want to start getting my team ready.

Anyone know how to restore your account with the secret code? Do you have to go through Gungho?

Pretty sure the answer is "yes". Contact them and get things going.

Narras

I pulled six times at the Rare Egg Machine.

Mystic Stone Knight
Sylph
Dryad
Titan
Mystic Light Knight
Incarnation of Byakko, Haku

I'm not sure how good these pulls are, but Haku is like the rarest monster I've ever had. However, I'll definitely have to save more free stones now. I've never spent so many of them on pulls. :p

Mostly finished GAF's community tier list based on the discussion we had previously about starter rolls. This will appear in OT2 when/if(lol?) that gets done

Pretty much everything is in their proper tier, but I can't decide on the right order to rank the stuff in B Tier. Does it even matter?
Not sure if we want to restart the debate over this list, but I can't think of a reason for Bastet to be on the list. In my opinion Green Odin is much more useful and should be in B tier.

Kreed

I'd move Sakuya out of Savant Tier, she's not any more difficult than Horus outside of not being able to use dark orbs. Meimei should be in A Tier with the other non Kirin Chinese Gods, maybe with a > after the first three. And I'd put Amaterasu in one of the tiers. Maybe "I don't want to roll anymore".

Edit:

And Isis being in S and the non Kirin Chinese Gods being in A doesn't make sense, other than Isis' combos being easier to make.

OTIX

Are we friends? Mine is at +254, and soon to be maxed hopefully. Friend code is 368,246,208.

I finally got a good board to take out Highlander. I managed to finish the run with 3 stones spent. Lost one going into round 2 with low health. Orochi wasn't charged so I had to pop Echidna and recharge her against archangel. Didn't quite finish due to an accidental combo and got killed by Hera's preemptive strike. I got killed by Hera a second time right as Echidna's skill came up and had no problems from there.
Thanks, I used your very beefy Horus and managed to clear it using only 1 stone. Used double Echidna, Valk and Hera-Is subs. Got lucky on red orbs and oneshot Highlander. Charging up on Berserk was surprisingly easy so I stayed as long as I could until he died accidentally. Had to use one stone on Hera but managed to charge everything in time for Z-D and just barely took him down in time.

Is a Zeus team still viable in the current set of dungeons?

Also, what's the general consensus on Satan? I want to start getting my team ready.
I've used Zeus for Mythical Valk and Mythical Hera-Is, thinking about using him for Satan as well. He has a preemptive attack but that just means you have to spend one round healing back up. Multiple gravities are going to be very valuable on a boss with over 6 million HP, plus he's dark. Maybe double Echidna, Valk and Hera-Is subs.

maks

Can't you just use a Lucifer or Shiva friend to kill it?

Also, I think you will have a much easier time running mono blue with Hermes lead.

Take Ares and a Shiva friend. Stack the team with Gigas, Homura, red ripper dragon, and Echidna if you struggle on the carbuncles. It's mostly blue monsters, so Shiva should be up by the time you reach Neptune. Activate Shiva, then use the dragon and all your orb switching. Should be enough damage to down him.

I was worried about taking a red team in there against blue. I do have a shiva friend to try this out with.

Get one of the basic green knights that you see in Kronos forest and level it to 50. You need his armor break skill to break through neptunes defense.

Great advice. Thanks so much guys!

J0dy77, I brought a lvl.46 Aqua Knight with me and used Armor Break on Neptune but I still hit for 1 damage. Does color make a difference for this skill?

razterik

No difference. Just Neptune has a really high armor level, even at 50%, so you need multiple combos and high attack to break with ADK.

Wanchan

Wiped on hera with Kirin on my crash test, shitty board so no proc for 2 turns. Need some serious lvling on my subs if i want to no stone it and i'm not going to waste stone on zeus dios, he still looks really meh to me.

OTIX

I was worried about taking a red team in there against blue. I do have a shiva friend to try this out with.

Great advice. Thanks so much guys!

J0dy77, I brought a lvl.46 Aqua Knight with me and used Armor Break on Neptune but I still hit for 1 damage. Does color make a difference for this skill?
I've farmed him a lot using a green/dark ADK team with a knight. Neptune has 96k armour so even with the reduction you still need a decent combo to get through. Just make sure you have a green orb change ready and keep in mind that you can spend a few rounds saving up green and red orbs before you have to pop the orb change and kill him. Also keep in mind that multiple separate green matches does a lot more damage than one big blob of green orbs.

Wanchan

You can also try your luck for a golem in the breakers dungeon out in a few hours but the drop rate is horrible if i remember right...

lordcyno

I've used Zeus for Mythical Valk and Mythical Hera-Is, thinking about using him for Satan as well. He has a preemptive attack but that just means you have to spend one round healing back up. Multiple gravities are going to be very valuable on a boss with over 6 million HP, plus he's dark. Maybe double Echidna, Valk and Hera-Is subs.

fyi, Satan dungeon has no hearts

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Ah, well that makes things a bit more interesting, no gravities then. On the other hand it should be easier to activate Horus, Ra and the like.

Yeah, a vanilla Horus/Ra team should be doable. I just need to put the Starlight Sanctuary levels on farm for dubs.

Jagernaut

Yeah, a vanilla Horus/Ra team should be doable. I just need to put the Starlight Sanctuary levels on farm for dubs.

Wouldn't you need a heart maker on the team? Siren would steal fire orbs from Horus and has poor stats, a max skilled Parvati would be ideal but only the Japanese version has the collab monster to skill her up.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Wouldn't you need a heart maker on the team? Siren would steal fire orbs from Horus and has poor stats, a max skilled Parvati would be ideal but only the Japanese version has the collab monster to skill her up.

That's a good point.

So I'm thinking Orochi and Echidna both because more stall = better. Hera-Is because she has great stats. That leaves one spot.

• Rose Valk - Decent stats, but her active is worthless without hearts
  • Holy Ceres - Light sub is nice, gets a green in for rainbow, active heals. But it's slow going to power it up
  • Susano - Great green stats for rainbow, but 50% damage against Satan is worthless because of how strong World's End hits
  • Freyja - Stats are fine, but the active is somewhat wasted
  • Wood Dominion Michael - Creates heal orbs, rainbow green, decent stats

The other option is to just go 100% defense, sweep to Hades, stall as long as possible here (so 8 turns), and go into Satan with Viper ready. That buys you basically 7 turns to kill him. 6 with the stall + Demon's Filed = 7. After that, you're dead.

OR!

Figure out a fun and creative team that centers around Genie's void dark damage ability. That ability with Orochi stall buys a lot of turns to take down Satan.

E: As I type and think about this all, I'm sure there are some strats already out there. But this is at least fun to think tank, haha.

To me it looks like the only way to beat Satan is with a Ra team. My Ra is pretty weak but I may pump him up over the next few weeks. It's not likely that we'll see Satan for at least a month, so I've got some time. I don't even see the point in bringing Orochi, since it doesn't seem likely that I'll be able to charge him.

Edit: Looks like a Goemon team is possible. All you need is a max skill Echidna, a max skill Mastering, a max skill Goemon, and more than 1000 +eggs! No problem!

Uthred

As we all know at this point aiming for any particular mob from the REM is going to break your heart or your wallet. But still, as always, getting shit from godfest pulls stings. Sort of burned out at the moment, should be levelling up mobs but it takes so long and a lot of the high level teams seem to rely on REM only monsters. Maybe I should take a break from Isis and go mono-colour instead? Or try Horus? Here's what I have on my main (phone) account, any suggestions on what I should focus on? At the moment my main team is Isis | Minerva | ADK | Noble Mechdragon | Rainbow Keeper | (Friend) Isis

x3rj2pC.jpg

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
As we all know at this point aiming for any particular mob from the REM is going to break your heart or your wallet. But still, as always, getting shit from godfest pulls stings. Sort of burned out at the moment, should be levelling up mobs but it takes so long and a lot of the high level teams seem to rely on REM only monsters. Maybe I should take a break from Isis and go mono-colour instead? Or try Horus? Here's what I have on my main (phone) account, any suggestions on what I should focus on? At the moment my main team is Isis | Minerva | ADK | Noble Mechdragon | Rainbow Keeper | (Friend) Isis

Could maybe do:

Horus/Horus with Siren/Echidna/Hera/Wood Dominion Michael

That covers the rainbow.

You could also do an ADK team with your dragons.

You can sort of filed a blue team:

Hermes/I&I/Blue Noel with a friend lead to give you 4/2/2 combo that you choose. Subs could be Siren/Fenrir/one of your other lead options/??? You could fill with a gravity if you ever need it, Shiva to farm high def dungeons (Sea God of Heaven, Super Metals, etc), Echidna if you feel like you need to stall, RK for even more health, random low CD dragon for a quick nuke.

I love mono-blue. With my recent acquisition of Viper, Kraken, and Hera-Is, I can field an almost perfect blue team. <3 It's ridiculously strong for farming non-descended bosses.

Uthred

Could maybe do:

Horus/Horus with Siren/Echidna/Hera/Wood Dominion Michael

That covers the rainbow.

You could also do an ADK team with your dragons.

You can sort of filed a blue team:

Hermes/I&I/Blue Noel with a friend lead to give you 4/2/2 combo that you choose. Subs could be Siren/Fenrir/one of your other lead options/??? You could fill with a gravity if you ever need it, Shiva to farm high def dungeons (Sea God of Heaven, Super Metals, etc), Echidna if you feel like you need to stall, RK for even more health, random low CD dragon for a quick nuke.

I love mono-blue. With my recent acquisition of Viper, Kraken, and Hera-Is, I can field an almost perfect blue team. <3 It's ridiculously strong for farming non-descended bosses.

Cheers for the suggestions I think I'll give Horus and Mono-blue some focus for the time being. I used ADK for a good bit before I got Isis, on the one hand I've better dragons now but on the other no-one seems to run ADK much these days.

SaintR

Cheers for the suggestions I think I'll give Horus and Mono-blue some focus for the time being. I used ADK for a good bit before I got Isis, on the one hand I've better dragons now but on the other no-one seems to run ADK much these days.
Horus is really fun to use.at first you might have a little difficulty matching orbs but you will quickly get use to it to the point you will setup for the next match.

Uthred

Horus is really fun to use.at first you might have a little difficulty matching orbs but you will quickly get use to it to the point you will setup for the next match.

Horus works like Isis in that it needs to be four different colours (excluding hearts) for it to trigger, right?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Horus works like Isis in that it needs to be four different colours (excluding hearts) for it to trigger, right?

Yup. And you could always pair your Isis with a friend's Horus for now. Get used to the idea (while still getting you 3x with Isis and 4x with Horus).

Or better yet, dive right in and do Endless Corridor for a bit. That will help get you used to the matching with zero risk.

Pacman2k

So I'm new to the SoD Lucifer club.

Things I have that might work: Hera, D/D Hades, Hera-Is, Dark Ceres, RKs..

What else do people typically run?

Thanks.

Update: Well, I got ol' Zeusy-D today, but with a big cost. Big, lucky-ass combos got me through Hera (though I did use a stone on round 1, due to not killing Highlander immediately and then getting hit with Hyper Fire Bind, which is bullshit), but then the good boards dried up, and the man himself was killing my ass in one hit. Eventually, he fell, though.

Team:
Flame Deity Falcon Horus
Awoken Hera-Is (I thought about Siren and Abyss Neptune, but nah)
Echidna the Red Empress
Rose Valkyrie
Seraphim Lucifer
Flame Deity Falcon Horus

E: As for the godfest, I did okay:
Michael
Parvati (!)
Byakko (I don't know the girl's name)
Genbu (I don't know the girl's name)
Suzaku (I don't know the girl's name)

So now I'm 4/7 on archangels (missing Gabe and the two Metatrons) and 3/5 on Chinese gods. Not bad.

J0dy77

The knights are a poor mans way of doing armor break. Ideally you would want shiva or one of the armor break golems. Try and clear breaker dungeon today, they're very good mobs to have.

Like Otix said, 96k is going to be tough to break through. You want to make sure you're matching 3 or 4 separate sets of green orbs and getting the multiplier as high as possible. You're better off setting up the board for one big shot instead of tickling him and wasting matches until he attacks.

OTIX

I much prefer the knight over any of the other armour breaks in this case. It's very easy to skill him up a few times which means your can blow through the dungeon with an ADK team and still be sure that you're ready for the boss. With a green orb change it's very easy to break the armour, only 3 green matches needed to be safe.

Valk or Zeus

Hey mmboss since we on the topic of leveling should I feed my green Noel to Chu Chu. I never ever use it but I rather here a second opinion.

you could do that. I have a Michael (super noel), and rarely use them. Use him on whatever you think the 1 mil xp will be the best. Chu is a solid choice.

So I had an alarm go off while padding, which disabled the BGM. Not surprising because a small breeze is enough to disable the BGM in PAD. Well I'll just force quit and restart like always to make it come b- wait what
hSym8MXl.jpg

J0dy77

I started looking ahead to Hera-Ur. Trying to figure out how to beat Ifrit. He has 600,000 defense, so a mech isn't going to work. I don't have Ra for his active skill. Would I need to use an ogre? Anyone else besides lucifer have a strong active that could wipe him?

J0dy77

So I had an alarm go off while padding, which disabled the BGM. Not surprising because a small breeze is enough to disable the BGM in PAD. Well I'll just force quit and restart like always to make it come b- wait what

You still listen to the music? Mine has been off since I started playing in January lol. Drove me nuts.

You still listen to the music? Mine has been off since I started playing in January lol. Drove me nuts.
I don't turn off BGM for anything

You can easily replace the music that PAD uses with an IPA/APK file explorer since the game doesn't do any sort of data validation but I forgot what format you need to convert your own music into.

raiot

New sky dragon dungeon is a JOKE with Valk teams.

E: Any thoughts on best Tech dungeon to farm during 5x +egg drops?

If you have a High Kagetsuchi (Ult Evo) then go for Blazing wings of fury (first Red only tech dungeon) Got myself 20 + eggs before i ran out of co - leaders. (around 0.8 per run) for 13 stam per run...

J0dy77

New sky dragon dungeon is a JOKE with Valk teams.

E: Any thoughts on best Tech dungeon to farm during 5x +egg drops?

Is a drop guaranteed on Master? I have all of the Skydragons from the first time they came around but really want to max skill the purple. With the final evolutions and dual color coming they are some of the strongest attacker in game. Dark is perfect for Horus descended teams.

Some of the other sky dragons work well in the new chinese teams also.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is a drop guaranteed on Master? I have all of the Skydragons from the first time they came around but really want to max skill the purple. With the final evolutions and dual color coming they are some of the strongest attacker in game. Dark is perfect for Horus descended teams.

Some of the other sky dragons work well in the new chinese teams also.

I don't think it's guaranteed, but it's got the highest chance. I got it on my first clear. I think it's around 80% from what I remember hearing. But the XP is nice, and it literally takes about 7 minutes to clear. Make sure you have a max skilled Siren and a few skills on Echidna for EZ grind. I have a max skilled Verche that I also bring for quick orb change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom