• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

J0dy77

Last level. I have gotten one in 7 straight runs, most of those had 2, one had 3.

Edit: make that 8 in a row and I finally finished Horus!

kmCHV2al.jpg

Feels good man.

Congrats Atlanta!! I'm still a long way off on mine. No luck in the technical dungeons for + eggs today.

Jiraiza

Welp, I'm officially the biggest hypocrite ever
spending money and stuff.

In other news, Metatron's RCV is ridiculous, lol.

Every REM roll came with a + stat during Godfest! For the low low price of $1275 you could have had your very own +297 monster!

Except for the RNG you would more likely end up with 100 + of one type and be short in the other two...

I've pulled 4 in 7 runs of blazing wings, which is just stupid quick when running Kagatsuchi friends.

Still kinda miffed on godfest yesterday, 1 gold (Artemis), 1 4* (sylph which I already had), and a bunch of 3* trash (though I am using the Titan I pulled, already up to skill lvl 4 thanks to all the samurai goblins).

This is the second time that the angel godfest has seriously trolled me, first time I got '2 archangel Raphaels and a bunch of 3* nonsense. This time just the Artemis.

Well at least I had saved a bunch of those stones, and will be saving again. Not pulling again until the next angel, Egyptian or Chinese godfest (so probably a long time). Even then I'm only pulling Egyptian if it is timed at the same time as The fire REM, I really don't want another Anubis,

My friend list is a bottomless orgy of Valkyries. Started using her to farm tech dungeons since there are so many of her available, and I don't think I'll run out before midnight.

Pacman2k

It's such a no brainer farming team.

ADK 2.0.

Have to admit, I'm enjoying using a healer team. Combo siren with valk at max skill. Throw in a skilled Echidna and Lillith and abilities are going off left and right. It's fun.

xCobalt

It's such a no brainer farming team.

ADK 2.0.

Have to admit, I'm enjoying using a healer team. Combo siren with valk at max skill. Throw in a skilled Echidna and Lillith and abilities are going off left and right. It's fun.

Based off of my experience, ADK and Valk teams are pretty even. Valk does the most damage with the 9x but my dragons deal more damage than the other healers with just 6.25x. Once you throw Zaerog into the mix though, it's no contest.

I think it's just something different since people were farming with ADK since the release of the game.

Based off of my experience, ADK and Valk teams are pretty even. Valk does the most damage with the 9x but my dragons deal more damage than the other healers with just 6.25x. Once you throw Zaerog into the mix though, it's no contest.

I think it's just something different since people were farming with ADK since the release of the game.

Damage = yes. RCV = not a chance. Healer team seems more balanced/defense than an ADK team.

i need a gold keeper today...wonder how many runs it'll take me

J0dy77

But the difference with the healer teams is bringing 2 Sirens to match your 2 max skill valk is A LOT of yellow damage that wipes almost anything in farm mode. Plus echidna for more difficult farm spots.

I think part of it might be the fact that with the ideal Valkyrie teams you get at least 3 extra attacks (which are worthwhile due to the 9x multiplier) ADK really lacked in the ability to add in more attacks (Does Zaerog have second attacking element)? If you have the right Gods (like Ceres and Venus) you get even more attacks (though you lose some elemental variety).

Also valkyrie can easily get through a lot of the weekly content without issue, Groovecoaster, the weekly dragon dungeons, all tend to fall to them.

Are Valk Teams better than 4/2/2, or my personal favorite 2/4/2? Maybe, maybe not. but they are much easier to use for everyday farming and new non-descends.

J0dy77

I think part of it might be the fact that with the ideal Valkyrie teams you get at least 3 extra attacks (which are worthwhile due to the 9x multiplier) ADK really lacked in the ability to add in more attacks (Does Zaerog have second attacking element)? If you have the right Gods (like Ceres and Venus) you get even more attacks (though you lose some elemental variety).

Also valkyrie can easily get through a lot of the weekly content without issue, Groovecoaster, the weekly dragon dungeons, all tend to fall to them.

Are Valk Teams better than 4/2/2, or my personal favorite 2/4/2? Maybe, maybe not. but they are much easier to use for everyday farming and new non-descends.

Very good point about the second color. I'm running Ceres with my healer team that is the opposite green/yellow of Valk. Ton of extra damage from the second color.

Dragon Guardian is making me sad. 1 drop in 10 runs so far. I'd like to max skill ADK2 today but it may be worth it to wait around for them to give us the dungeon for two weeks.

StMeph

Dragon Guardian is making me sad. 1 drop in 10 runs so far. I'd like to max skill ADK2 today but it may be worth it to wait around for them to give us the dungeon for two weeks.

Definitely need a two week dungeon with two 2x drop periods.

I wasn't even able to max Homura with the two week dungeon. One final skillup shy of max.

Grrrrr.

T-Matt

It's funny to think how crazy hard I thought rainbow keeper was when I initially played. Valk team taking it down in one shot now.

Uthred

Back "in the day" mono-red was often seen as the best mono-team (due largely to ease or recruitment I think). Though these days it seems to be specific varieties of mono-black. What makes one mono-colour better than another? Ease of recruitment? Active abilities? And whats the current hierarchy? (From what I can gather it seems to be Black->Blue/Red->Green->Light)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Back "in the day" mono-red was often seen as the best mono-team (due largely to ease or recruitment I think). Though these days it seems to be specific varieties of mono-black. What makes one mono-colour better than another? Ease of recruitment? Active abilities? And whats the current hierarchy? (From what I can gather it seems to be Black->Blue/Red->Green->Light)

It's a combination of things. Black is great because it has SoD Luci. That makes black a very strong team. Pair that with some of the best active abilities in the game (Morning Star and Gravity) and it's no wonder why it's so powerful.

Blue/Red/Green are all great for various things. They each have OK actives (and with Hera-Is and eventually Hera-Ur, Blue and Red will have strong gravity options), but they seem to focus on certain "types". Blue has some great healing. Red has low RCV but high attack. Green...I don't really know. Balance? Not really sure what Green has going for it at the moment. Zeus-Dios I guess, as you can see from this thread, not NEARLY as many people were able to tackle him as they were Zeus. Dios was a step up.

Light has some incredible monsters, but the main focus is on the Valk team. Venus, Valk, Light Ceres, Light Meta, CoC Healer, etc. Zeus is one of the best gravity users in the game, but he doesn't sit well on a healer team. But in terms of mono-light teams, there aren't enough good subs. What makes a good mono-team is the synergy between the leaders and subs. Light leaders and subs are just not of the same caliber as the others (IMO). You don't have ENOUGH light skills to make up for what the other colors offer.

Now in terms of mixed bag teams (healer, balance, Goemon, devil), every color has their strength. That's why mono color teams are only good to a certain point. Hell, Ra is arguably the most powerful leader in the game and he's a light monster. Horus and Kirin as well - amazing monsters that are built to be used on rainbow teams.

So to answer your question: dark > blue/red > green > light is pretty much dead on for mono.

E: Oh, and there's the fact that leveling Light monsters is a BITCH.

For mono-green, things are actually different now because we have Cu Chulainn's team (which replaces ADK). Yes, it's technically a Balanced team, but the best Balanced monsters (Cu Chulainn, Zeus-Dios, and soon Odin) happen to be green. After that, throw in a good healer, like Ceres and you have a ridiculous mono-color team that I would actually rate higher than red and blue's options. The only thing green lacks is a good Gravity user, but is damage output is high enough that you don't really need it.

Red has Goemon's team as a "mono-color" option, though, which is a sick-ass team. You can also have Shiva to negate enemy defense, not that Goemon really needs that.

Blue...I don't know. I can't really think of a really good blue team, but you can pretty easy build one that can handle any situation by swapping around Gabriel, Hera-Is, and Neptune. Seems very versatile to me. Blue Odin seems like a strong option, too, when you really need some damage. As far as I can tell, Seigfried is not nearly as versatile as Cu Chulainn because there aren't too many good Physical monsters that are also blue. Heaven Neptune, maybe? And Blue Odin when he gets his subtype.

Kreed

It has more to do with what monsters are available in our version of the game and their abilities. Red, Blue, and Black have a much better assortment of useful abilities than Green and Light monsters. There's also the issue of finding friends with good leads for certain colors in comparison to others (Light being the hardest, Blue, Red and Black being the easiest).

Right now in the US version Mono Red Goemon is the strongest of the mono colored teams followed by Mono Green with Zeus Dios leads. But this is specifically related to Goemon and Zeus-Dios abilities, vs the colors themselves. Otherwise your ranking is accurate.

Green also lacks poison and delay.
When (not if, I think the licensing issue is resolvable) we get FFCD green will get easy access to a poisoner.

Seems like people are beginning to experiment with a "mono-light" team using Kirin. I'm not sure what subs they're planning on including asides from the obvious Valk and Verche.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Hey guys, I just started getting into this game. Here's what I got so far:

SgnuABv.jpg

Any suggestions on what kind of team I should be creating? I'm thinking Mono Red but I dont know what monsters to farm for. I also put my ID on the Docs spreadsheet as well if you want to add me. Also, does anyone want to do the Level 20 gift swap?

xCobalt

Hey guys, I just started getting into this game. Here's what I got so far:

Any suggestions on what kind of team I should be creating? I'm thinking Mono Red but I dont know what monsters to farm for. I also put my ID on the Docs spreadsheet as well if you want to add me. Also, does anyone want to do the Level 20 gift swap?

There's 2 different fire teams you could be going for based on what you have. A more offensive one using Tyrannos or a defensive one with Uriel. The defensive option is more viable for endgame dungeons as its very difficult to lose with 4xHP and 4xRCV.

If you want to start farming for a fire team, you can try and get a Flame Golem in today's daily dungeon. It's located in Keeper of the Red. Trash mobs will hit for 1000 damage while the boss will hit for 3000. Not sure if you can survive that but a friend who can give 50% fire resist will help. Pair that up with your red dragon and it'll be about 65% fire resist.

During the weekend, you can also farm Giant Guards in Tower of Giants for a Titan. It's much more rare though.

I would definite try and farm Dragon Guardian as it can drop a Mystic Stone Knight which is an extremely useful monster that is used to form a dragon team. This should be your top priority since the dungeon rarely comes along. The more difficult dungeons have a higher drop rate.

Other than that, save your stones until godfest or if you feel the need to expand your box.

I forgot how good 2x Keeper dungeons were for +eggs. Every battle that's not a Keeper is full of non-evo mat monsters that can drop +eggs. I'm considering running it just for +eggs, even though I already have enough of each Keeper already.

I forgot how good 2x Keeper dungeons were for +eggs. Every battle that's not a Keeper is full of non-evo mat monsters that can drop +eggs. I'm considering running it just for +eggs, even though I already have enough of each Keeper already.

found that out today too. 2 + eggs in 3 runs. Too bad it's quite a bit of stamina.

I thought about doing that. At one point it seemed like I was getting one every run.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
There's 2 different fire teams you could be going for based on what you have. A more offensive one using Tyrannos or a defensive one with Uriel. The defensive option is more viable for endgame dungeons as its very difficult to lose with 4xHP and 4xRCV.

If you want to start farming for a fire team, you can try and get a Flame Golem in today's daily dungeon. It's located in Keeper of the Red. Trash mobs will hit for 1000 damage while the boss will hit for 3000. Not sure if you can survive that but a friend who can give 50% fire resist will help. Pair that up with your red dragon and it'll be about 65% fire resist.

During the weekend, you can also farm Giant Guards in Tower of Giants for a Titan. It's much more rare though.

I would definite try and farm Dragon Guardian as it can drop a Mystic Stone Knight which is an extremely useful monster that is used to form a dragon team. This should be your top priority since the dungeon rarely comes along. The more difficult dungeons have a higher drop rate.

Other than that, save your stones until godfest or if you feel the need to expand your box.

Alright, thanks for the advice. I managed to have a Mystic Stone Knight drop with my last 15 stamina. What is his purpose? He's green, what would I be using him for?

Shit I just realized I have 30 blue pengdras from Talos's Abyss waiting for evolution. I'm gonna have to run blue dragons a bunch tomorrow. And I think it's about time to expand my box again....

Yeah. I immediately increased my box to 600, but had been floating around less than 300 monsters for a while. This event quickly got me selling/feeding off a lot of stuff, including unevolved Pengdra that I wouldn't be able to evolve until Thursday. The thing is, I can easily farm Pengdras 24/7, and I need to hold onto all these GC skill-up monsters and jeweled Dragons that will evolve the Pengdras needed to feed them. I'm feeling good about being able to max-skill my Ares, I&I, and Artemis after I evolve these GC monsters. The tedious part is farming the evo mats for them. Dragon Flowers will be easy to come by on Thurs, but there doesn't seem to be an efficient way to farm Sapphlits or Crimson Masks. The Mask dungeon is too stamina inefficient to farm solely for Crimson Masks. Same goes for Sapphlits in the Friday dungeon. So, I'll be farming low level normal dungeons for those.

Edit: This is the first time I'm hoping the Pengdra Village doesn't show up until Thurs. I have no room to farm them.

raiot

So, a status update after a long time of playing!
My accomplishments in the last weeks:

Skilling Stuff:
2 Max skilled Rose Valkyries: lvl 85 / 55
1 Max skilled Emperor Siegfried: lvl 45
1 Max skilled Wolf King Cu: lvl 57
1 Skill 5 Hunting Deity Artemis +16: lvl 67 (I just need dragon flowers for the other last Skill ups)
1 Skill 5 Thor, wielder of Mjolnir: lvl 44 (All Skill up mats used up, but who uses him anyway...)
1 Max Skill Phoenix Knight (He will stay as 4 star for the limited team cost dungeon)

Lvl up Farming:
1 Dragon Lord Zaerog +32: lvl 92
1 Goemon +18: lvl 93 (He did not skill up :( )
1 Phoenix Resurrected: lvl 91
2 Max Skill Red Giant Gigas: 73/71
1 Max skill Echidna +5: 80 (2 low ones, 1 skill lvl 3 for the limited team cost dungeon)
1 Flaming Serpent God, Hino Kagetsuchi: Lvl 99 2014 ATK BABY! :)

My new monsters after descends and Godfest:
1 Zeus Dios (6 Stones with Zeus Team... should have taken Lucifer instead...)
1 Griffin
1 Awoken Hera-IS: lvl 56
1 Kirin of the Aurora, Sakuya +20: 49 and climbing (FINALLY a Horus type God in my Arsenal... I thought I would never get one!)
1 Dark Metatron: lvl 31 (I have 2 Dark Riders, Kagetsuchi, Nobunaga, King Flamie, and soon the max skilled Sky Dragons... Maybe 16x ATT Team is a thing?)

My next goal is a second max skilled CDK for my Zaerog team. I see lots of spent stamina on tomorrows blade of darkness dungeon...
I didnt have much luck with my Goemon team... I have a VERY solid Team, but can not farm King of Gods consistently... I have so bad drop luck with hearts on Stage 9, its ridiculous... Maybe i should just take Lucifer instead of King Bubblie?
But at the moment i will just push my Kirin Team for Descendends...

My Team build:

Leaders: Kirin/Kirin
Subs: Verche max skilled, Rose Valk Max skilled, Echidna max skilled, Orochi/Siegfried/Hera-IS

Any Suggestions on this team, I heard a Max Skilled Mastering is pretty good on this team?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
7 Kings from yesterday. I'm trying to decide if I should pump Goemon, Horus, Freyr, or my 2 Titans. Any thoughts? Is Goemon actually a team worth running? Like, can I tackle the coming Deacended dungeons with a strong team?

Radav

7 Kings from yesterday. I'm trying to decide if I should pump Goemon, Horus, Freyr, or my 2 Titans. Any thoughts? Is Goemon actually a team worth running? Like, can I tackle the coming Deacended dungeons with a strong team?

Goemon is definitely a team you can use to take down many of the descended dungeons. It sounds like you've got the fire subs for it as well. I think the standard setup is to go Goemon - Red Giant Gigas x 2 - Echidna - Horus - Goemon.

I'm still a little sad I didn't nab Kirin this past weekend. I guess I shouldn't complain I do have Horus and Ra and enjoy them both. Getting 3 gold eggs in a row and having them all be Chu Chu was the ultimate kick to the groin. I picked up Byakko and Raphael though so that's pretty good too. Add to that the fact I got totally destroyed by the RNG in Zeus-Dios not being able to pick up the orbs to get beyond in the first floor in 6 attempts really made for a frustrating PAD weekend. The RNG giveth and the RNG taketh away.... I got robbed!

So are the new Chinese gods outside of Kirin going to be the new ADK team? Or is Valk going to stick as the new "beginner" farming team for a while longer? I'd like to fiddle around with Byakko but, I'm not sure it will be all that useful in the long run.

J0dy77

Orly? Very good advice George thanks. I never thought to run them. I usually carry one of each color keeper and 5 Rainbow but never run the dungeon otherwise. I'll stock up on the primary colors next evernt.

Alright, thanks for the advice. I managed to have a Mystic Stone Knight drop with my last 15 stamina. What is his purpose? He's green, what would I be using him for?

ADK should probably be your focus at your early stage of the game. You will get a lot of dragon type mobs in the early going and pairing with another ancient dragon knight leader clears a lot of early content.

I'm at 575 and STILL fill my box during 2x kings. It's insane.

O.O I'm still at 250 box slots. I've been hovering hear for a while. I haven't added a ton of favorite monsters in a while and it's enough for me to keep a decent amount of plants/pengdras/colored dragons. Definitely wish I bought 25 box spots instead of that last wasted roll I used.

It depends on what you want to do? Horus clears everything with a strong enough team. His team and subs are my first priority at all times.

Goemon is my second team because he can clear some things that I can't currently clear with Horus (starlight sanctuary Zeus). Also, once we get Satan the Goemon team will get a lot stronger as well. His -RCV and lucifer ability will help avoid a lot of wipes. Goemon teams can roll over so much content but if you catch one bad set of hearts for a heal wave you wipe. Tubegameplayer has a lot of videos up clearing content (Zeus descended included).

So are the new Chinese gods outside of Kirin going to be the new ADK team? Or is Valk going to stick as the new "beginner" farming team for a while longer? I'd like to fiddle around with Byakko but, I'm not sure it will be all that useful in the long run.

I really want More Byakko friends on my list but have a feeling the non Kirin chinese gods are going to be lost in the shuffle. I really have a ton of hope for this team and think it could clear a ton of content especially when you have specific weaknesses to work against. Hera-UR (whenever we get her) will be a key player for her and bump her descended capabilities way up. I'm also going to try to use her in a Horus configuration and sub an orb change out for valkyrie to see how that works. It would be a little less reliable Isis/Horus team with more damage output.

raiot

@ Nicoga:
Goemon is capable of completing Descended Dungeons, but all the new ones have mechanics to prevent or cripple Goemon teams... (Athena always heals you back to full on each stage, all other dungeons use pre-emptive Strikes which spoil Goemon AND sometimes Luci teams).
But you should be able to farm Starlight Sanctuary King of Gods...

@Radav:
I dont think that the 3c chinese gods will replace Valk teams, they are just much more difficult to pilot then the mindless farming with valk...
Kirin will also only pop up for descended dungeons, who in his right mind wants to farm with Kirin during the week? :D

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
O.O I'm still at 250 box slots. I've been hovering hear for a while. I haven't added a ton of favorite monsters in a while and it's enough for me to keep a decent amount of plants/pengdras/colored dragons. Definitely wish I bought 25 box spots instead of that last wasted roll I used.

It depends on what you want to do? Horus clears everything with a strong enough team. His team and subs are my first priority at all times.

Goemon is my second team because he can clear some things that I can't currently clear with Horus (starlight sanctuary Zeus). Also, once we get Satan the Goemon team will get a lot stronger as well. His -RCV and lucifer ability will help avoid a lot of wipes. Goemon teams can roll over so much content but if you catch one bad set of hearts for a heal wave you wipe. Tubegameplayer has a lot of videos up clearing content (Zeus descended included).

I love my box space. Some of my best investments early on. :p

And I have all of the subs for a strong Goemon team (and then some). So I think I could do it. I need to evo my Titans and pump my Horus a bit more. Satan will definitely make life easier on hearts.

Goemon is definitely a team you can use to take down many of the descended dungeons. It sounds like you've got the fire subs for it as well. I think the standard setup is to go Goemon - Red Giant Gigas x 2 - Echidna - Horus - Goemon.

And this is why I may level it. I need to be able to farm Starlight Zeus so I can get dubs. I can't nab a dub for the life of me. It's stupid.

Kreed

Goemon teams can dish out anywhere from 6 million - 10 million in damage in one turn when combined with Horus and Freyr. There's no boss right now that can survive that much damage. Only issue with Goemon is preemptive attacks in technical dungeons and surviving the hit, and making sure your rcv low enough so that random heart matches don't heal you over 20% health.

Radav

You know you can farm Dubs on Hills of Iris?

If you're farming them there you have exponentially better luck then I. Hills of Iris is a nice chimera farming level for me and nothing else. lol

As for the chinese gods. I was just wondering if we'll start to see a large number of people run these. If I had thought about it a bit more probably not. Valkyrie is fairly straightforward to use and you can farm her and her subs. So, I'll probably level up Byakko a bit just to mess around with her but it's doubtful I'll get any use out of her team in the long run.

J0dy77

And this is why I may level it. I need to be able to farm Starlight Zeus so I can get dubs. I can't nab a dub for the life of me. It's stupid.

Be warned with this. My goemon team is good but not 100% there. Level 78 Goemon, max echidna and horus (+117) Red giant gigas, max Gigas and I have a really hard time farming starlight. On so many runs I wind up catching an unlucky heart match and I'm completely stuck/wipe. You have to spam the heck out of Gigas skill to keep the hearts off the board.

You know you can farm Dubs on Hills of Iris?

Hill of Iris is awful for Dubs. I run this dungeon endlessly on Monday's and never see them. Conversely, I left 3 dub drops on the table just this weekend alone after wiping with the above mentioned Goemon team. Sea God is much better for farming masks over Temple of Troyka, just as Starlight is much better for farming over Hill of Iris. They clearly have the drop rate for the rare evo mats higher on the tougher dungeons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom