• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

Finally got my last stone needed for my third pull today and immediately used it. Got a Dryad, which isn't bad as I badly needed a healer. As of right now it doesn't seem useful, but hopefully it gets better when it evolves... right? I have no idea what or who it evolves into.

My current team is:

Vampire Lord (leader)
Sylph (worth evolving as well? I have no idea who she evolves into either)
White Dragon (close to evolving, just need a few more levels - have all the materials)
Tyrannos (only need the Keeper of Flame to evolve)
Devil Dragon (I think that's what its called. Third evolution of Black Dragon)

Shiryu

Neo Member
Beat Castle of Satan!

Now to tackle other things, although I'm clueless if I should focus on technical dungeons or regular ones.
My team seems to have taken a hit in usability as both are hard now.
Is there a FAQ somewhere on technical dungeons and what is worth/not worth farming? Wood Pengras aren't that useful considering I have no wood monsters.

Owzers

O______O Emerald Dragons today, just as i unlocked the green technical dragon yesterday. I know where my stamina is going.

Jinko

It's taking forever to level up my Siren to 70. I can't imagine doing this for multiple monsters.

Are you using penguin dragons ?

O______O Emerald Dragons today, just as i unlocked the green technical dragon yesterday. I know where my stamina is going.

Heh, I been waiting for them this week, now I have no dragon plants left ... :(

Damn the weekend Dungeon is not 2x on coins? :( I thought it always was!

Do we have the metal dungeon schedule?

[US] Emerald Dragon Schedule (20 Stamina) 1/12/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)
A: 12:00 17:00 22:00
B: 8:00 13:00 18:00
C: 9:00 14:00 19:00
D: 10:00 15:00 20:00
E: 11:00 16:00 21:00

I duno why they need to do this timed dungeon nonsense, would be better just to have them as regular special dungeons all week, there are road blocks left, right and centre in this game.

Kosh

Damn the weekend Dungeon is not 2x on coins? :( I thought it always was!

Do we have the metal dungeon schedule?

The weekend dungeon is always a lot of coins. I don't think it says 2x coins on it normally, it's just a given that it gives tons of gold.

‎[US] Emerald Dragon Schedule (20 Stamina) 1/12/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

Jinko

Beat Castle of Satan!

Now to tackle other things, although I'm clueless if I should focus on technical dungeons or regular ones.
My team seems to have taken a hit in usability as both are hard now.
Is there a FAQ somewhere on technical dungeons and what is worth/not worth farming? Wood Pengras aren't that useful considering I have no wood monsters.

Maxed out they will still give 6k on non wood monster and will be the fastest way to level your monsters still until you get to the other technical dungeons. (outside of metal dragons etc)

I only have two plants...will have to gather some of them later Xo. What's a good dragon plant dungeon?

I believe they appear most in the Tower of Giants, but I tried it twice and none popped, so I gave up and went back to farming pengdra's.

ParityBit

So I am stuck on the tower of giants, Giant Guards. I just dont think my team does enough damage.

I have :

Amaterasu (leader) 5*
Tyrannos 4*
Marine Rider 5*
Black Fighter 2*

Then whoever I take from my friends list.

Any suggestions?

Owzers

hmmm i'm not being allowed to make stone purchases on my ipad atm, keeps saying the store won't let me. Is there some weird buying restrictions? I bought two $5 bundles and a one dollar one a couple days ago, is there a limit of transactions?

^^ maybe get a really high damage helper and have another ally iwth that color, then target the ending boss monster that is weak to those first? Is that the one with three monsters as the first boss stage ?

Asked this earlier but it got buried. Are the starter level dragons and lil dragons worth leveling? They are taking up a ton of room in my box and have no shot at hitting my lineup. Do they eventually become worthwhile?

Starter dragons, maybe. Eventually their leader skill will become useful in a 4x/6.25x monocolor team.
Lil dragons, yes. Their 50% elemental reduction leader skill and 20k nuke skill make certain dungeons much easier.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
This is ridiculous. I was on the last boss of Satan and they both had 1 turn counters right off the bat. F that. Now I'm out of stamina already for the weekend. Ugh

raiot

Does anyone have a high level Siren, alraune, or amaterasu? I cant beat sky dragon of darkness. The Boss on a 1 turn timer kills me everytime...
I have a Viper Orochi, D'spinas to share :)
ID: 317.248.206

ParityBit

hmmm i'm not being allowed to make stone purchases on my ipad atm, keeps saying the store won't let me. Is there some weird buying restrictions? I bought two $5 bundles and a one dollar one a couple days ago, is there a limit of transactions?

^^ maybe get a really high damage helper and have another ally iwth that color, then target the ending boss monster that is weak to those first? Is that the one with three monsters as the first boss stage ?

It is the one that has 2 titans at the end.

The reason I only have 4 cards is because I have no more points for my team :(

Does anyone have a high level Siren, alraune, or amaterasu? I cant beat sky dragon of darkness. The Boss on a 1 turn timer kills me everytime...
I have a Viper Orochi, D'spinas to share :)
ID: 317.248.206

I have a level 30 Amu if you want to try her. ID 332.644.207 ( should be in the spreadsheet I think, although I added it last night to the form)

Owzers

This is ridiculous. I was on the last boss of Satan and they both had 1 turn counters right off the bat. F that. Now I'm out of stamina already for the weekend. Ugh

This is the level where i got my vampire egg and died at the boss :( I had to give up and then remake a team a dark team with a baddie, and the light to dark orb change knight, other stuff to kill the light mach 2.

edit: Also sent Parity and invite from turtleGAF XP

Ok, adding you now.

Edit: Gift sent!

Where does the present show up? I'm not seeing anything. Also, what's your in game name? want to make sure it gift the right person on my friends list.

hmm, when I went to re-add the id code, it said we were already friends, but I don't see you on my list. Is it buggy now, or am I doing it wrong?

ParityBit

I need 13 xp for the next level. I am waiting for the gems so I get 3 runs! :) Come on 3PM! Although I don't need green really ... I am trying to max my dragons and my Siren

kswiston

My team desperately needs a blue monster or two... I have 2-4 monsters that are in the 3-5 star range in every other colour but my blue is represented by a useless marine goblin... This is really holding me back in the tricolor dungeons (beyond the first two difficulties).

Also, how is Mandrake as a healer? She doesn't seem too great now, but does she get a lot better after an evolution? I fed her a king emerald dragon, to boost her level to 43, but it will take me some work over the next week to gather the requisite evo materials.

Mandrake's evolution is one of the three healer girls who learns Rondo of Healing, so yeah she's useful.

Also I had the crazy idea today to attempt a Master dungeon. Nope.

ParityBit

Is the Marine Rider any good?

I have one ... and he has a spot in my team, but he does not do much damage. And I was upgrading him at one point too.

Owzers

I have one ... and he has a spot in my team, but he does not do much damage. And I was upgrading him at one point too.

I have two of those rider guys and they work out well if you can make them gel with another Attacker class with one as your leader, and their orb switching compliments someone else.

Dino Rider turns green to red and heal to green. So if i want a huge one color attack i use a marine goblin to turn all fire to heal, then dino to make a massive amount of green gems.

I am rank 10 but all my monsters are so shitty! my leader is a healer girl 3 star but the rest are 1 or 2 star and crap. I have to keep farming crappy levels as I cant advance anymore.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
[US] Emerald Dragon Schedule (20 Stamina) 1/12/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

Confused about 3rd digit. 331,537,297 ?

I'm guessing it's the 1.

ToxicAdam

I have one too. I find they shine when you couple them with another x2.5 damage friend. Like a Fenfir Knight (water).

So, even in a Fire dungeon he can still be useful, because his 6x attack will overcome the damage penalty. Plus he has an orb switcher than can give you more water orbs.

Uthred

Has anyone come across a comprehensive xp chart which shows required xp per rank and how much stamina, team size, etc. you gain at each rank?

ParityBit

I have one too. I find they shine when you couple them with another x2.5 damage friend. Like a Fenfir Knight (water).

So, even in a Fire dungeon he can still be useful, because his 6x attack will overcome the damage penalty. Plus he has an orb switcher than can give you more water orbs.

I do not have that many options at this moment. I only have a couple of cards and I am rank 19. I have 5 gems .... don't see myself getting any more anytime soon. So its a box or a rare pull! People seem to think boxes so I may just go that route. lol

ToxicAdam

I do not have that many options at this moment. I only have a couple of cards and I am rank 19. I have 5 gems .... don't see myself getting any more anytime soon. So its a box or a rare pull! People seem to think boxes so I may just go that route. lol

I was talking more about getting them on your friends list. A good friends list that compliments your characters can carry you through a lot o early dungeons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom