• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Rank 67, which means infinite friends! Have about 50 open slots and I welcome any GAFfers to add me, doesn't matter rank or what you use really, if you think my leader(s) will be useful to you.

My leaders for the foreseeable future:
  • Current -- Level 77 Ancient Dragon Knight
  • Upcoming -- 6* Amaterasu Ohkami once I get the final evo material next Tuesday.

The two will be switched between from time to time, so if you are comfortable with either on your friend list feel free to add me:

--------------------

Edit: Post made redundant

Twinduct

Went overboard on the emerald dragons again..for my ADK and Alraune (no idea why I'm leveling her but whatever). ADK is level 70 now, feeling good about him. I have 100+ emerald dragons to make into evolved pengdras now. Pretty soon I'll be able to buy more friend slots and I want to add a lot more Gaffers, been getting nice help from your ADKs, Viper Orochis and Amaterasu Ohkamis, but I'll be willing to add anyone. SOON. Will make a post in a few more ranks.

Best add me 341,348,209.
Just restarted on my Nexus 7, so low on friends .. :(

blackflag

Anyone know how to get it to reset who is available to use from your friends list? Game keeps screwing me. I have several Ameratsu ohkami and Alarune on my friends list and they aren't showing up. Need one to do light dragon expert before this shit closes.

SirKhalid

Anyone know how to get it to reset who is available to use from your friends list? Game keeps screwing me. I have several Ameratsu ohkami and Alarune on my friends list and they aren't showing up. Need one to do light dragon expert before this shit closes.

You can't use them if you already use them and they have not log on to make them available for you.

xCobalt

I believe the dungeon closes tomorrow. It's just the 2x drop rate thats ending tonight.

I thought the daily colored dungeons are only available twice a day. I had the emerald dungeon show up 3 times today. Even got an emerald king!!

Uthred

Probably just me being dim, but just in case anyone else made the same mistake, under the "Others" menu option theres a "Data Install" option which allows you to store the programs files (~150mb) locally to speed things up (and it certainly does seem to increase the speed and reduce the connection issues I was having). However when I first noticed the option the "Yes" option was in a "pressed down" (dark blue) state, which I thought meant it was on automatically. This was not the case, the "Yes" button needs to be in an "unpressed" state to indicate the data's installed. Seems to have made the app run quicker (and the phone run not quite so hot) so if you have the space I'd recommend giving it a go.

Owzers

Died in Tower of Flare against the 3rd stage boss ( two fire and one light things)

Party: Fenrir, blue beast rider guy, dark poring upgrade guy, dark dragon knight, dark mach 2, Amatseru healer.

I'll have to try again tmw with a Siren helper and some other change-ups. Probably kick an under leveled beast rider for something with HP.

Mik2121

Wow, I didn't know this was "popular" around GAF as well. This game is pretty big here in Japan...

Anyway, I'm only level 11 (had the game installed since a few months ago but decided to play after seeing this thread last night). I have the game in Japanese and while I can understand most of it, it still takes me a bit longer to get through certain stuff that's only kanjis and I can't change the language.

Do you guys think it'd be worth it to delete it, go to the US store and download it from there again, then start a new game? I don't think the save data would work anyway :/

blackflag

Wow, I didn't know this was "popular" around GAF as well. This game is pretty big here in Japan...

Anyway, I'm only level 11 (had the game installed since a few months ago but decided to play after seeing this thread last night). I have the game in Japanese and while I can understand most of it, it still takes me a bit longer to get through certain stuff that's only kanjis and I can't change the language.

Do you guys think it'd be worth it to delete it, go to the US store and download it from there again, then start a new game? I don't think the save data would work anyway :/

Yeah it would be worth it because you can add a lot of us to your friends list. You need friends with this game for sure.

You could run both region PADs at once! Which is what I started doing today.

ccbfan

Whats the best weekend dungeon per coins.

I tried both adept and expert and they both seem to gain the same coins per stamina.

I ended up doing adept since I died once in expert when I have a instakill situation. 20 stamina lost :(.

Also died twice in standard dungeon when 4 enemies started of with a 1 counter and killed me.

Not a great day.

Also if I level up a skill with my lev 4 siren she keep it when I evolve her to a lev 5?

Mashing

Something hit me for like 5.5k in tower of flare (flame demon I think) and died instantly. Wasn't expect that hard of a hitter there.

Mik2121

Alright... created a US account and I'm just going with it. Too bad because on my JP account that I deleted I got this red flying thing that was like level 40 or something, and this time my first rare was a weird purple toad with a mask or something. Forgot the name, sorry!.

Anyway, my ID is: 342,644,203

Add me please!!!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Where outside the Thursday dungeon can i most reliably find Dublits... I need to evolve mine, running out of space with feedable material stocked up :/

KuroNeeko

Worst thing about this game is that the more you know about it, the harder it is to get excited about rare pulls.

I caved in and decided to do a pull with my stash of gems and got a Thanatos. I was like, YES! THANATOS! Get some phat, dark god of death!!! Then I saw his stats and was like :(.

I'm sure he'll get some use at some point, but I'd like to see more variety at the end-game as there are some units that just blow everything else out of the water. Oh well. Poor Thanatos.

Guess I'll just stockpile gems for another 3 months and then allow myself a pull for my birthday.

:(

Jinko

Sky Dragon of Darkness x2 drop rate at 12:00 PST

[US] Metal Dragon Schedule (15 Stamina) 1/13/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)
A: 8:00 13:00 18:00
B: 9:00 14:00 19:00
C: 10:00 15:00 20:00
D: 11:00 16:00 21:00
E: 12:00 17:00 22:00

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Where do I check to know if I have enough HP to handle the boss of a certain dungeon instead of wasting my stamina just to taste an OHKO at the end? I remember someone mentioning something of the sort in the thread but I can't find it. Is it in the moon language wikia?

J0dy77

Working my way through the first technical dungeon and man did I hit a wall. I've been fighting the last dino boss for at least an hour and am only 50% finished. Had to break it up between sessions. Is this typical for more advanced dungeons or am I just not doing enough damage? I know that part of my problem is that I'm running a yellow angel and spirit knight that doesn't seem to be doing any damage.

Jinko

Working my way through the first technical dungeon and man did I hit a wall. I've been fighting the last dino boss for at least an hour and am only 50% finished. Had to break it up between sessions. Is this typical for more advanced dungeons or am I just not doing enough damage? I know that part of my problem is that I'm running a yellow angel and spirit knight that doesn't seem to be doing any damage.

Yea you need counter attack (Wood and Dark Asgard) for that boss or insanely high attack.

J0dy77

I clearly had the wrong team composition for this fight. I'm grinding through it slowly with enough healing power but man is it tedious. More a matter of principle now, feel like I have to keep trying instead of starting over.

J0dy77

Rank 67, which means infinite friends! Have about 50 open slots and I welcome any GAFfers to add me, doesn't matter rank or what you use really, if you think my leader(s) will be useful to you.

My leaders for the foreseeable future:
  • Current -- Level 74 Ancient Dragon Knight
  • Upcoming -- 6* Amaterasu Ohkami once I get the final evo material next Tuesday.

The two will be switched between from time to time, so if you are comfortable with either on your friend list feel free to add me:

--------------------

Edit: Post made redundant

Went to add you and when I saw your icon in game, I realized i already had you on the list and you've been carrying me through most of the early dungeons. Thanks! :)

Edit: should add the @gaf to your name. Make it easier for us to find you.

Gaspode_T

Worst thing about this game is that the more you know about it, the harder it is to get excited about rare pulls.

I caved in and decided to do a pull with my stash of gems and got a Thanatos. I was like, YES! THANATOS! Get some phat, dark god of death!!! Then I saw his stats and was like :(.

I'm sure he'll get some use at some point, but I'd like to see more variety at the end-game as there are some units that just blow everything else out of the water. Oh well. Poor Thanatos.

Guess I'll just stockpile gems for another 3 months and then allow myself a pull for my birthday.

:(

I haven't had much luck with pulls either it seems, although I am glad I finally got a healer of some sort with Cupid with my latest pull. Usually I can find a friend healer but sometimes only can find a "change gem to hearts" healer

I have a fun enough time with using the randoms which are badass, even without their leader skill some of them are pretty fun to use right?

You probably know enough of the names to see all of my team members: https://twitter.com/gaspode_t/status/290389712164773888/photo/1

You can see I am scattered too much effort around all these different monsters, scatterbrain in real life, scatterbrain in games...

My dream is that maybe 1 month later I have a holy team, dark team, blue team, can switch back and forth etc. I am thinking I need a big hitter to level up because the bosses seem to be more and more hard to carve away at, I thought "Bomb" from the green goat spear guy was pretty nice but the dragon spells basically do similar damage so who knows...

garath

Finally got my own healer. Got a cupid from my last rare pull. Guess it isn't so bad.

Now I have so many things that need to be evolved.

Red starter dragon, lil white dragon, cupid. Just need materials :(

I got my ass kicked in City of Satan.
I've never had a drop of any boss, no matter how many times I replay the levels with dropable bosses.
I get my ass kicked in No-RCV because of my lack of good healers.
I spent 5 stones in a Verche... that I already had.

This game hates me.

As I sit here continually grinding ranks out with 1/2 stamina dungeon, I realize the music reminds me heavily of Lufia 2 for some reason.

MicH

Finally got my present from my friend after I sent him one a few days ago, and what do I get? The same starter I started with. My other present-starter was the grass starter.. A little disappointed that I didn't get either the light or dark one

ParityBit

Tower of Giants - Dragons of the Tower ... rerolled Friday afternoon, currently sitting with Amaterasu and Verche. I'll worry about more serious additions to my party later... for now, XP!

I am doing the same. I started Friday on my cell. I used my gems on boxes ... so I have 60. But I fill a lot because I lack the funds. Mostly from doing the xp (rank 24 now)

I am running ...
Amu
Starter red (lvl 22)
Marine Rider (lvl 20)
White Knight (level 18) Don't have anything better :(
Red Ogre (level 14) Don't have anything better :(

A big woodsie dropped from me. But I have not used/fed him. He probably sucks.

J0dy77

I got my ass kicked in City of Satan.
I've never had a drop of any boss, no matter how many times I replay the levels with dropable bosses.
I get my ass kicked in No-RCV because of my lack of good healers.
I spent 5 stones in a Verche... that I already had.

This game hates me.

I know how you feel with this. The siren is the only decent drop I've ever got from a dungeon. Which adds to the one complaint I currently have with the game, it seems like the power up feeder monsters are lacking behind everything else. I'm sitting on almost 200k coins with most of my box being Evo mats because I can't find the mobs to lvl up my characters. And unfortunately the 1.5x drop dungeons don't give the colors I need atm.

Game is still amazing and addictive as ever I just wish this phase didn't slow you down so much.

Add me if you need a healer (394,430,293). I'm currently running a lvl 31 Angel.

I feel bad now after getting pretty decent pulls...
My team is
Neptune
Starter Red evo'd twice
Mermaid (soon siren if I can get the damn mask)
Lilith
Red Magic Swordsman

ParityBit

I feel bad now after getting pretty decent pulls...
My team is
Neptune
Starter Red evo'd twice
Mermaid (soon siren if I can get the damn mask)
Lilith
Red Magic Swordsman

I have only done one rare pull (Got the marine rider). I noticed I am not getting a gem every day, so I figured the boxes would be more important.

Boken

Banned
Been pumping all my stamina into Polar Night Tower Floor 4 (mermaid/lilith) ever since the x1.5 drop started (about 32 hours?) neither of them have dropped. How frustrating.

Grinding for drops is probably a pretty bad idea in this game

KuroNeeko

Hmm, been thinking about starting over. I'm sitting at about rank 40. I have some decent units like Vampire, Dark Dragon Knight, Thanatos, Siren, Echinda, and Ifrit but the possibility of going back and doing endless gacha pulls until I get a Valkyrie or Bast is really tempting. :/

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I had a weird freeze when I booted this morning. When I closed and restart, I didn't get notification of my daily bonus. Am I screwed?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Hmm, been thinking about starting over. I'm sitting at about rank 40. I have some decent units like Vampire, Dark Dragon Knight, Thanatos, Siren, Echinda, and Ifrit but the possibility of going back and doing endless gacha pulls until I get a Valkyrie or Bast is really tempting. :/

Wow, don't start over dude. Vampire & Dark Dragon Knight will start you a good dark team with plenty of orb changing (easy to build anyway), & Thanatos is decent. Fire team is also one of the easiest to get started and Echidna is VITAL later in the game for her ability to delay all enemy attacks by a few rounds. Siren becomes a nice healer for intermediate content. I would absolutely NOT start over, but that's just my opinion; light teams are more difficult (see: expensive) to build than others. It may take time to grind for more drops to build teams and evolve them along with the ones you have, but that's just part of the game no matter what. I wouldn't trade all that for a single awesome starter, I'd just try working on a bicolor dark/fire team maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom