• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hill of Iris is awful for Dubs. I run this dungeon endlessly on Monday's and never see them. Conversely, I left 3 dub drops on the table just this weekend alone after wiping with the above mentioned Goemon team. Sea God is much better for farming masks over Temple of Troyka, just as Starlight is much better for farming over Hill of Iris. They clearly have the drop rate for the rare evo mats higher on the tougher dungeons.

Everyone says this...I guess I just have shit luck. I think i've had 1, maybe 2, drop in my total time running it.

I also have Byakko, but I can't think of a time I would use her over Horus. This is why I haven't convinced myself to evolve or level her any.

As for Goemon teams, I'm still not sure how having super low recovery will allow you to stall long enough to charge Goemon. I guess it might be enough to rely on two Gigas for heart changing, but to one-shot those bosses, it really is necessary to change all of the orbs. For now I bring along Lucifer (I understand not everyone has him) and keep my RCV high. I don't think I've been screwed by two heart drops in the same run yet. In fact most runs I don't get a heart drop, so it's relatively rare I think.

Interestingly enough apparently the Evangelion mobs had their skills translated in the last update, but not the Eva mobs themselves. Could indicate that we're getting replacement monsters for the collab down the line.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I also have Byakko, but I can't think of a time I would use her over Horus. This is why I haven't convinced myself to evolve or level her any.

As for Goemon teams, I'm still not sure how having super low recovery will allow you to stall long enough to charge Goemon. I guess it might be enough to rely on two Gigas for heart changing, but to one-shot those bosses, it really is necessary to change all of the orbs. For now I bring along Lucifer (I understand not everyone has him) and keep my RCV high. I don't think I've been screwed by two heart drops in the same run yet. In fact most runs I don't get a heart drop, so it's relatively rare I think.

I think a REALLY viable Goemon team is one with near max skill. Next time he comes around, I'm hoping to have a farm team on standby. I'd like to skill mine up a bit.

Musan

I hope more people use Byakko, since it's one of two Chinese Gods I have. Seems like it would have good synergy with Hera Is and Hera Ur, and can have some burst damage with Loki. I'll work to get it up to snuff in the coming weeks

How many people on gaf plan to run byakko? I only have 2 or 3 on my friends list
I'll probably put her up if an event dungeon calls for one.

Finally found time to get the mystic masks to evolve Highlander, then got the last skillup with the VERY last Poporing I had left in inventory. Talk about butt clenching...

J0dy77

I always seem to get screwed by a heart drop and without Lucifer that's a wipe. I really need to get Satan to make this team consistent. I also need more HP for the team to give me some wiggle room. Currently I'm at 20k HP, I'd feel a lot more comfortable over 25k.

Musan

Byakko seems just like Genbu,with diferent colors.

The colors each Chinese God uses does make a huge difference. Byakko is considered really good, since a byakko team would have access to two different delays from orochi/naga and gravities from hera/hades.

I'm a little hesitant to pull the trigger and start pouring +eggs into my Goemon team. Seems like all my friends have switched over to Horus and/or the new Chinese gods. Right now, aside from Shiva who has a good amount of +, eggs have been split among enchilada, Goemon, and Horus.

Who do you guys think is most deserving of the +s?

Asturie

Just blew 4 stones on the Blade of Justice dungeon because of just absolutely horrible matching drops, but I got the mystic knight to drop and can finally replace my Harpie Devil. Slowly building a somewhat decent Isis team.

I'm currently rank 63 and only have a max team of 66 points. I see people that are roughly rank 80 and they have a much higher max team. Is there a certain point where rank ups start giving more than 2 points? I've gotten a few +5 but they are pretty rare.

I'm a little hesitant to pull the trigger and start pouring +eggs into my Goemon team. Seems like all my friends have switched over to Horus and/or the new Chinese gods. Right now, aside from Shiva who has a good amount of +, eggs have been split among enchilada, Goemon, and Horus.

I'm personally putting my eggs on Echilada. She gets used on just about every end game team I have + the mono red. Shiva is a good choice as well...use him quite a bit as RainbowKeeper-type sub (Large HP and high ATK)

@MMBoss: Yeah, I kinda feel like Enchilada should get them, but I want the folks on my friend list to reap the benfits of the +s, too. I've put a halt on giving eggs to Shiva, since Mono (R/G/B) are dying out it seems.

Guess I'll kick some over to Enchilada. RCV, at least.

linsivvi

Just blew 4 stones on the Blade of Justice dungeon because of just absolutely horrible matching drops, but I got the mystic knight to drop and can finally replace my Harpie Devil. Slowly building a somewhat decent Isis team.

I'm currently rank 63 and only have a max team of 66 points. I see people that are roughly rank 80 and they have a much higher max team. Is there a certain point where rank ups start giving more than 2 points? I've gotten a few +5 but they are pretty rare.

Once your friend list reaches 50, it stops growing without using stones so your team cost increases every 2 levels instead of 3.

Yeah it seems that way, I still get some good use out of Mono-Blue for some of the Descended content (Heroes, Hera). Valk is the new hotness right now for insta-farming it seems.

Future reference, don't do that. I know the drop rate is low, but you are better off using stones for stam refreshes to run the dungeon more than use it IN the dungeon itself.

Only time you should use Stones in the dungeon is you have a) epic drops or b) in a descended dungeon

Bonus' per level : http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/rankchart.asp

I went with Horus first, since he is the leader I use most, and he fits on several other teams I use often enough. For now I'll be mostly focusing on Echidna. I'm also putting RCV eggs into Lucifer, since high RCV is a must on Lucifer teams. I'll eventually put HP into Lucifer too, but probably not attack, since he hardly benefits from it. Once I'm done with Echidna I haven't decided where my +ATK will go yet.

Asturie

Yeah it seems that way, I still get some good use out of Mono-Blue for some of the Descended content (Heroes, Hera). Valk is the new hotness right now for insta-farming it seems.

Future reference, don't do that. I know the drop rate is low, but you are better off using stones for stam refreshes to run the dungeon more than use it IN the dungeon itself.

Only time you should use Stones in the dungeon is you have a) epic drops or b) in a descended dungeon

Bonus' per level : http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/rankchart.asp

Yea I know it was a bad idea, but the mob had dropped early on before the boss round so I knew I would be getting it. Also I got a 30k raise today so I figured what the hell, I can spend 5 bucks to replenish the stones later if I want.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
16 kings today. I guess I'm done. Hopefully I can evo Hera-Is and pump some levels into her. I could level up Amon, but he's not useful enough to merit the mats.

NineH

Oh GungTroll putting plants and pengdra village on the same day. Why can't they throw us a bone and put them on different days so we don't have to pick whether to get plants or pengdras.

J0dy77

Oh GungTroll putting plants and pengdra village on the same day. Why can't they throw us a bone and put them on different days so we don't have to pick whether to get plants or pengdras.

Came to post this exact same thing. What a bunch of dicks! Pengdra, Plants and Dark knights (the only one i care about) all on the same day. I'm going to have to drop a couple stones. You win this time Gungho, you win this time!!! /fist

I started looking ahead to the next possible descended dungeons and Satan looks likely. Not sure how I'm going to get through that dungeon. Almost 7 million HP is insane. My only thought for this dungeon is Goemon but you won't have time to charge Fireworks. Maybe Horus with a lot of gravity but the charge time is the problem again.

raiot

Came to post this exact same thing. What a bunch of dicks! Pengdra, Plants and Dark knights (the only one i care about) all on the same day. I'm going to have to drop a couple stones. You win this time Gungho, you win this time!!! /fist

I started looking ahead to the next possible descended dungeons and Satan looks likely. Not sure how I'm going to get through that dungeon. Almost 7 million HP is insane. My only thought for this dungeon is Goemon but you won't have time to charge Fireworks. Maybe Horus with a lot of gravity but the charge time is the problem again.

My first thought after looking at the Satan Dungeon was... F*** this, I can't complete that...
Then I remembered I pulled Kirin! :D

Goemon looks difficult... I think your best bet is really Horux ² or Horus x Ra... Though it will cost you stones for sure

J0dy77

My first thought after looking at the Satan Dungeon was... F*** this, I can't complete that...
Then I remembered I pulled Kirin! :D

Goemon looks difficult... I think your best bet is really Horux ² or Horus x Ra... Though it will cost you stones for sure

I've been watching some videos Tube has a ton of them up. Here is he clears with a Haku team and zero stones. I really need to start beefing up and skilling up my gravity teams, it's really my only shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVi7Wu1bowc

I think I'm going to put everything on hold and level Hera-IS and Zeus/Hera but not sure if I'll be able to charge them in time. Tube has 3 gravity on a 25 timer which helps immensely.

Edit: And yeah, Kirin is amazing and definitely the best mob in the game right now. Here's Tubegame finishing Satan in under 2 minutes with the OP team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljpyGvzod6U

I know people have commented on how statistically Ra has a better chance to match than Kirin but that doesn't take active skills into account. Taking a maxed verche makes it extremely easily in a lot of cases to proc her skill for insane damage.

Abandond

Edit: And yeah, Kirin is amazing and definitely the best mob in the game right now. Here's Tubegame finishing Satan in under 2 minutes with the OP team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljpyGvzod6U

I know people have commented on how statistically Ra has a better chance to match than Kirin but that doesn't take active skills into account. Taking a maxed verche makes it extremely easily in a lot of cases to proc her skill for insane damage.

This makes me regret not trying to get her, lol.

Kreed

Kirin has a slightly higher percentage of activation over Ra (supposedly 68% vs 61% on a fresh board, Horus being 96% on a fresh board), but if you don't match dark/heal orbs, the amount of fire, water, light, and wood orbs you have to match next turn will likely decrease, so her percentage drops, which is where dark orb changers and board refreshers like Verche and Mastering become very useful.

Damn Kirin looks incredible. I didn't realize her cool down was only 15 turns. Having two of those charged for the boss would be insanely useful. Congrats to everyone who has her. I hope there's another viable, low stone option for Satan.

J0dy77

Damn Kirin looks incredible. I didn't realize her cool down was only 15 turns. Having two of those charged for the boss would be insanely useful. Congrats to everyone who has her. I hope there's another viable, low stone option for Satan.

I might try a Horus/Kirin approach with a couple of Gravity team mates. The team would work on the same principle (bring verche along to remove dark orbs) and have 20x dmg instead of 25.

Edit: thinking about the importance of gravity. Does anyone see a reason to ever keep two Dark Hera? I have one that I haven't leveled and never used and now that I have Hera-IS think the skillup would be more valuable.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I might try a Horus/Kirin approach with a couple of Gravity team mates. The team would work on the same principle (bring verche along to remove dark orbs) and have 20x dmg instead of 25.

This is what I was just going to type and suggest. Seems like a fair option.

so many damn Pengdras. Pretty solid runs so far....had 3 evo'd ones drop in a run once.

Now to finish up with plants all day.

Satan : I'll be trying with Ra + Kirin + gravity subs. D/D Hades + D/L Hades + Hera Is. I think I have a fire/wood sub somewhere. Might shift around to get Echilada in instead of Hera Is.

Wanchan

Pengdra village...had 5Milions gold and i'm left with 845 gold now T_T

At least i cleared 80% of the light/dark garbage i had in my inventory since 3 weeks.

OTIX

I've been watching some videos Tube has a ton of them up. Here is he clears with a Haku team and zero stones. I really need to start beefing up and skilling up my gravity teams, it's really my only shot.

I think I'm going to put everything on hold and level Hera-IS and Zeus/Hera but not sure if I'll be able to charge them in time. Tube has 3 gravity on a 25 timer which helps immensely.

All his gravities are max skilled at 15 turns and they are still barely charged in time. You cannot realistically charge gravities or any other long skills when there are no hearts in the dungeon.

Radav

All his gravities are max skilled at 15 turns and they are still barely charged in time. You cannot realistically charge gravities or any other long skills when there are no hearts in the dungeon.

Right, you're not going to have Gravity up in a dungeon with no hearts. It's all about killing everything as fast as possible. Horus/Ra/Kirin with with a bunch of 5 CD heart breaker seems like your best bet. I think Japan got Zeus-Dios after Satan right? I suspect that we got Zeus-Dios first because it takes a bit more in terms of +eggs, low CD actives and stuff to be able to win against Satan.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I have a STUPID amount of XP to dish out, but I can't get a fucking dub or mask to evo the guys that need the XP.

I also could probably max both of my Awoken Heras with all these damn dang pengdras, kings, and super kings I have just eating up box space.

Red: 3 evo pengdra, 3 un-evo
Blue: 16 kings, 15 highs, 12 evo pengdra, 5 un-evo
Green: 3 kings, 4 evo pengdra, 3 un-evo
Light: 1 evo pengdra, 7 un-evo
Dark: 2 super kings, 3 kings, 4 highs, 11 evo pengdra, 4 un-evo

That's after 30 minutes of pengdra village + all my leftover kings and shit. I'm not even counting the regular colored metals I've got. My box is overflowing.

Kyu

Neo Member
Right, you're not going to have Gravity up in a dungeon with no hearts. It's all about killing everything as fast as possible. Horus/Ra/Kirin with with a bunch of 5 CD heart breaker seems like your best bet. I think Japan got Zeus-Dios after Satan right? I suspect that we got Zeus-Dios first because it takes a bit more in terms of +eggs, low CD actives and stuff to be able to win against Satan.

Why bring heart breakers into a no heart dungeon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom