• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aight, added a new tier and shuffled monsters around accordingly. I still don't think Grodin and Neptune should be worth starting out with but oh wellll
S Tier: Archangel Lucifer > Horus, Sakuya*
"Time to buy some lottery tickets"

A Tier: Ares, Hermes, Artemis, Haku, Isis > Leilan, Karin, "Dark" Metatron, Valkyrie
Solid leaders all the way up until the endgame

B Tier: Meimei, Loki > Uriel, Gabriel, Michael, Archangel Metatron > Parvati, Persephone
Flawed, but still useful in most situations

C Tier: Baal, Bastet, "Blue" Odin, Shiva > "Green" Odin, Neptune
Very narrow or deeply flawed leaders

D Tier: Freyr, Idunn&Idunna, Freyja >>> Apollo, Thor, Lakshmi, Siegfried
"I don't want to reroll anymore"

Savant Tier: Ra > Sakuya*
For prodigal puzzle masters only

Water war dragon coming 7k atk, 33k HP and 150k def

http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Water_War_Dragon

What teams will you run? I'm thinking a rainbow 2x luci team
Immune to poison and with that much defense, huh? That's a new one. I was going to say a Horus team with Neptune on it, but now it's going to be a Horus team with Lucifer on it.

Barring Lucifer, it seems to me a team with Neptune, Echidna, and an Ultra Gravity user on it would work, as well, but I'd rather take the easier route.

Zero_IYAD

Can someone explain to me how defense works in this game?
How to break high numbered enemies' defense?
I only know of the effect of certain skills like the Mk.III Golems.. but even those skills have few turns then the enemy's defense goes up again..
Any way to 'break' the defense for the whole battle?

I only know of the effect of certain skills like the Mk.III Golems.. but even those skills have few turns then the enemy's defense goes up again..

As long as you sweep the floor, the timer on the defense break doesn't tick down. This is particularly useful for Shiva runs through say Wednesday Dungeon for example since you just stall and charge up his 100% def break, then run a train through the rest of the dungeon.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Shiva makes all monsters defense 0 for one round (but if you sweep the round, it carries over into the next round, and so on).

Defense is basically subtracted from your attack. If the monster has a defense of 1000 and you deal less or equal to 1000 damage, it will come up as 1. But if the boss is weak to your element (water attacking a fire enemy), you take your damage times 2, and THEN subtract the defense.

PaD Forum Post - this contains damage formulas that may be useful.

Zero_IYAD

Okey, finally understood how this works!
So to summarize it, my attack must exceed the enemy's defensive, that number gets subtracted from my total attack THEN I actually land an attack with what's remaining!

Damn, Shiva would be an awesome monster to own : ( , breaking every enemy's DEF is a huge advantage!

Does sweeping the round applies only to Shiva, or even my Light Mk.III Golem can get that advantage? Lets say I activated it's skill to break the enemies DEF to 25% for 5 turns only, as long as I finish them all in one hit the 5 turn won't go down by 1? Did I get this correctly?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Okey, finally understood how this works!
So to summarize it, my attack must exceed the enemy's defensive, that number gets subtracted from my total attack THEN I actually land an attack with what's remaining!

Damn, Shiva would be an awesome monster to own : ( , breaking every enemy's DEF is a huge advantage!

Does sweeping the round applies only to Shiva, or even my Light Mk.III Golem can get that advantage? Lets say I activated it's skill to break the enemies DEF to 25% for 5 turn only, as long as I finish them all in one hit the 5 turn won't go down by 1? Did it get this correctly?

Not as useful as it sounds for general cases. For a select few bosses, it's clutch. For running Super King Dragon's, it's a must. Mask and Sprite dungeons it can be useful early on, but there are ways to bypass it with a strong enough team later on.

As for if other def skills carry through, I actually don't know. That's a good question.

Zero_IYAD

Oh, actually I just confirmed that my Machine Golem Mk.III has the same advantage..
"For 5 turns, defense of all enemies is reduced to 25%. If all enemies are defeated within this turn, skill effect will carry to the next round."

Ok, now I get DEF & DEF-break abilities.

What about poison? What's so great about monsters with poison abilities?

Jagernaut

Ghostrings are easy to get but they and Lilith only do 1x their attack in poison damage. An evolved Neptune does 5x his attack in poison damage. My maxed Abyss Neptune does about 7,500 poison damage every turn, great for grinding down bosses.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Ghostrings are easy to get but they and Lilith only do 1x their attack in poison damage. An evolved Neptune does 5x his attack in poison damage. My maxed Abyss Neptune does about 7,500 poison damage every turn, great for grinding down bosses.

The benefit of the other monsters is that they're at least farmable. Neptune is a lucky REM pull. Neptune is FAR superior, of course!

Kreed

That's superb!
A Neptune is all what I dream of now T~T

You're going to be in for a treat when you start using poisoners/a friend's Shiva in the Shrine of Spirits - Expert and Room of the Mask - Expert dungeons.

By the way, the Sky Dragon of Darkness dungeon is x2 today, so if you don't have a Lilith it's a good time to try to get one from there.

Zero_IYAD

Or a Lillith or Ghostring!
Ghostring sucks -.-
Yeah : (
& I really need one to build a decent water team too.
You're going to be in for a treat when you start using poisoners/a friend's Shiva in the Shrine of Spirits - Expert and Room of the Mask - Expert dungeons.

By the way, the Sky Dragon of Darkness dungeon is x2 today, so if you don't have a Lilith it's a good time to try to get one from there.
Am planning to go for the x2 on the 1st of September..
Am working on leveling & evolving last week's profits, got me the red Chinese goddess & a fine dark/water dragon..
I'll post some screenshots of my box once am happy with their levels : )

Limit

Is there any ETA on when Athena descended will hit U.S. PAD? Some of her skills still haven't been translated so I'm guessing she is more than a month away. I'm looking forward to acquiring and using her as a leader in grinding regular dungeons. Great leader skill.

Hey remember us? The Samurai dragons that you were half way done farming until Gungho decided to reuse the sky dragon dungeons for months to "let everyone get a chance" at them. It wasn't at all about stalling content to keep the carrot on a stick dangling.

/end sarcasm

i find most of these dragons useless outside of auto farming teams. I've filled in with some ancient dragons only because of the 9 turn CD active skill. Other than that, meh.

__

i've seen an epic amount of mystic masks in Ocean of Heaven today. Only had one drop, but still...

Looking for Lucifer friends, those whom are already in my list, please help me :>
I just put mine up.

I'm really enjoying farming King of Gods on the weekends. In addition to the great rewards, it really takes away from the mindlessness of Sea God of Heaven. I still run Sea God most of the time, but it's nice to have a real challenge whenever a Goemon shows up on my friends list.

xCobalt

I just put mine up.

I'm really enjoying farming King of Gods on the weekends. In addition to the great rewards, it really takes away from the mindlessness of Sea God of Heaven. I still run Sea God most of the time, but it's nice to have a real challenge whenever a Goemon shows up on my friends list.

What team do you usually run and what's your strategy? Managed to get my second titan today so I'm hoping to level that up asap and get some skill ups when the next event rolls around.

What team do you usually run and what's your strategy? Managed to get my second titan today so I'm hoping to level that up asap and get some skill ups when the next event rolls around.
VV73DgHl.jpg

I'm lucky to have a Lucifer, so I run a high RCV team. I basically try to stall as early as possible. The easiest way to do that is against a water demon, but if you are careful and don't deal too much damage, a fire demon can work too. Once Lucifer is charged I take a few hits and go to work. If I get an accidental heart match before round 8 I pop Echidna, heal up, and stall until she's ready again, then continue on. Gigas takes care of round 8, Goemon #1 takes care of round 9, Echidna>Goemon>Horus against Zeus. I then have 3 turns to finish him off. If he isn't dead by the time his timer is at one, I activate Lucifer and Gigas and that should do it. If at any time during rounds 8, 9, or 10 I get an accidental heart match, Lucifer takes me down to 1 HP. The only time I failed with this team was when I couldn't kill the round 1 mobs fast enough and got overwhelmed.

I'm not sure how to go about this with a low RCV team. It solves the random heart problem, but it's much more difficult to get the right HP. It all depends on which mobs appear and what order they attack. If their attacks don't put you into the HP window, then it's game over...

Kreed

Ran the Sky Dragon of Darkness dungeon over 5 times on Expert & didn't get a single Dark Knight or Lilith drops.. That was annoying -___-
Gonna try later on the x2 next week

If possible you should farm Master because it has a better drop rate.

Dark Mystery Dragon is Odin except reduces damage by 75% and has leader swap, pretty cool

There's skillup fodder for Persephone in the dungeon too, but who uses Persephone

Musan

Dark Mystery Dragon is Odin except reduces damage by 75% and has leader swap, pretty cool

There's skillup fodder for Persephone in the dungeon too, but who uses Persephone

Persephone could be good in a Dark-focused Haku team, but even at 11 cd, why not wait for haku's skill at 14 turns? In retrospect, I should max leveled my loki instead of my persephone, loki has a lot more utility in my haku team.

Also "coincidentally" right after we started complaining about the Groove Coaster UFO being useless GungHo makes a dungeon where it is almost necessasry to clear. Nebra Disk has 600k DEF and uses pre-emptive Skill Guard, and nukes you for 100k after counting down from 3. So you have four turns to whittle down 35 HP... or you could just SECRET BONUS it to death instantly.

xCobalt

Also "coincidentally" right after we started complaining about the Groove Coaster UFO being useless GungHo makes a dungeon where it is almost necessasry to clear. Nebra Disk has 600k DEF and uses pre-emptive Skill Guard, and nukes you for 100k after counting down from 3. So you have four turns to whittle down 35 HP... or you could just SECRET BONUS it to death instantly.

Isn't there other monsters that have a similar ability to UFO?

Isn't there other monsters that have a similar ability to UFO?

Ra and Bahamut are the only other monsters I can think of that have nukes that pierce defense. Good luck getting either one of those on a lark?

It's definitely possible to ding Nebra Disk from 35 HP to death before he nukes you, but the UFO just makes it completely trivial.

Too bad I only farmed enough UFO to get to skill level 2. Cosmo, what dungeon is that?

Dark Mystery Dragon, in the next cycle of dragons after the War Dragons. I'm going to stop making predictions about when we're getting these cause collabs actually happen for the NA version now and mess with the biweekly dragon schedules.

It's a 7 floor dungeon but easily stallable so you probably don't need to worry about getting UFO up to higher skill level.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Dark Mystery Dragon, in the next cycle of dragons after the War Dragons. I'm going to stop making predictions about when we're getting these cause collabs actually happen for the NA version now and mess with the biweekly dragon schedules.

It's a 7 floor dungeon but easily stallable so you probably don't need to worry about getting UFO up to higher skill level.

Well in that case, no worries on my end!

I have 15 I evo'd squids and 1 evo'd squid for Artemis. It's a shame that I went 0/10 on her this past week for skill ups.

Did get a couple of skill ups for UFO though. Even though I have a Ra, I think UFO might fit better on an existing team.

J0dy77

Man, been farming Starlight Ceres all day and haven't even seen a dub.

I ran it all weekend and only got 1. It seems the higher up the tier you go the better the drop rate on evo mats. I haven't run Zeus nearly as much but get a lot more dub drops. Problem is that I keep wiping due to those damn heart cascades.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I ran it all weekend and only got 1. It seems the higher up the tier you go the better the drop rate on evo mats. I haven't run Zeus nearly as much but get a lot more dub drops. Problem is that I keep wiping due to those damn heart cascades.

That's why I'm not in the mood to run it. I still haven't cleared Hera either. Last time I made it to the dragon before her, I simply couldn't do enough damage. But my fire team can farm Ceres with little to no problem (Carbuncles just take patience).

xCobalt

Tried clearing King of gods today and the heart cascade got me. I think once I go through my supply of pengdras, I'll attempt it with Kirin and see how that goes.

J0dy77

Tried clearing King of gods today and the heart cascade got me. I think once I go through my supply of pengdras, I'll attempt it with Kirin and see how that goes.

Goemon is such a great team and fun to play. If I can somehow grab satan when he comes around I could probably clear any dungeon consistently. Without satan its too inconsistent.

Goemon is such a great team and fun to play. If I can somehow grab satan when he comes around I could probably clear any dungeon consistently. Without satan its too inconsistent.

I'm definitely going to play around with a 0 RCV Goemon team involving Satan. It'll will be interesting to see how it compares, since stalling is basically impossible. I'm not sure how easy it will be to take out Zeus without Ninja Firework.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm definitely going to play around with a 0 RCV Goemon team involving Satan. It'll will be interesting to see how it compares, since stalling is basically impossible. I'm not sure how easy it will be to take out Zeus without Ninja Firework.

Next time Goemon descends, farm for skill ups I guess.

Okay yeah Legendary Nebraska Disk is completely free to a double 50% resist team, although as you might imagine is boring as fuck.

Interestingly enough the dungeon also drops a new Werewolf monster who has the dark analogue to the active on busty ogres. Leader skill grants 2xHP to dark monsters (so useless as leader) but is a 5 cost attacker so that might come in handy some day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom