• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

razterik

War dragon legend is comparable EXP, and is just as easy if you can run Loki/Lucifer with some subs with dark secondary attack. I just ran with Kagusutchi, Chuchu, Hera Is and Valk. Blow through the first few floors as fast as you can, then stall for Lucifer on Hatsume. Then hit the boss with it on the first round.

SaintR

War dragon legend is comparable EXP, and is just as easy if you can run Loki/Lucifer with some subs with dark secondary attack. I just ran with Kagusutchi, Chuchu, Hera Is and Valk. Blow through the first few floors as fast as you can, then stall for Lucifer on Hatsume. Then hit the boss with it on the first round.
If you have SOD lucifer this is probably the most farmable of the war dragons..I almost feel like I'm cheating...almost when you consider what it took to actually obtain some of these mobs. Wait now I'm just depressed....

OT2, where art thou? And to my man who was feeling anxious at 15 rolls, there are people who got well into triple digits before they landed something good. And this was before SOD Luci and even the Egyptian gods.

massoluk

Banned
Yeah, I ran War Dragon Master with

Siren the Enchantress - Leader
Lucifer - Not even evolved Seraphim, just Lucifer
Laphroaig
ADK
Shingen
Dark Neptune - Friend

Bloody Cakewalk, no strategy at all. Got to Kenshin, boom, go the nuke, done.

ccbfan

Is it worth changing my Neptune to light just for a stone? (Luckily I haven't changed it to dark yet)

I completed master, expert, int samurai dragon. Got the drop in master.

So doing Legend would be completely for the sake of the stone.

This is literally the only instance in the entire game where I would use light Neptune.

Basically is a stone worth.

1 rainbow keeper, 6 rainbow double orbs ghost. and 3 light double orbs ghosts.

Unless someone has a high level light neptune I could friend so I can blaze though it with. (Need to do 23310+ damage in 4 turns with poison)
Valk
Siren
Enchilada
Green Ancient
Hera

Light Neptune.

Only trouble spot is Blue ninja but she's two turns and with all this healing and siren I should be fine.

SaintR

Is it worth changing my Neptune to light just for a stone? (Luckily I haven't changed it to dark yet)

I completed master, expert, int samurai dragon. Got the drop in master.

So doing Legend would be completely for the sake of the stone.

This is literally the only instance in the entire game where I would use light Neptune.

Basically is a stone worth.

1 rainbow keeper, 6 rainbow double orbs ghost. and 3 light double orbs ghosts.

Unless someone has a high level light neptune I could friend so I can blaze though it with.

Valk
Siren
Enchilada
Green Ancient
Hera

Light Neptune.

Only trouble spot is Blue ninja but with all this healing and siren I should be fine.

If you have Neptune dark element you can pair it up with Sod lucifer and basically breeze through the dungeon.

Edit: just tried this...didn't go so well but I think it was because I took orb matching for granted

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Master down - got the drop. Legend seems like it would be very doable with either good combo setups or a better team. Valk is my only dual element at the moment - I've not been able to amass any dubs. I have probably 20+ monsters that need dubs to either busty or evo in general. It's disgusting me how hard those fuckers are to get.

suko_32

Anyone clear legend yet? Debating if I should try again or just keep clearing Master with Horus until I get the drop.

Does failing count?

I've tried with luci/luci and failed due to not paying attention and once just now with abyss neptune/luci and underestimated how much those light cats do. I'm not good enough to try horus/horus.

Kreed

Anyone clear legend yet? Debating if I should try again or just keep clearing Master with Horus until I get the drop.

I cleared Legend with Horus earlier today. The key member of my team was Highlander/Chu Chu and saving his active until I got to the boss, allowing me to combo enough green orbs to break the boss's defense.

J0dy77

Cleared it with Horus/Isis. Brought a mech team that I missed delaying by one round, couldn't activate his break. Wound up delaying with echidna and saving some orbs to burst through his defense. Could probably farm it now that I know I can break his armor.

Just a friendly reminder for everybody to make sure they got a backup of PAD save data before tonight's update via your favorite ~cloud/butt backup solution~. Given Japan's problems with 5.4 it wouldn't hurt to be safe.

My team so far is Gigas, fully evolved starter fire, but not ulti evolved, an echidna, and pyro demon, a devil dragon, and then helpers. I have been trying to evolve all my monsters plus trying to get a lil red dragon(pal egg Machine is no damn help. I'm trying to farm a siren right now.

xCobalt

Anyone have a light neptune they can put up? Tried running with a dark one on legend and the first round didn't go too well. Don't want to take any chances.

ID is 356,137,283

Cleared it with Horus/Isis. Brought a mech team that I missed delaying by one round, couldn't activate his break. Wound up delaying with echidna and saving some orbs to burst through his defense. Could probably farm it now that I know I can break his armor.

It took me a few tries to beat Legend (Horus/Horus), though I can partially contribute that to not doing my research. First try I forgot about the high defense of the light cat thing and wiped. Second try, I didn't realize that I couldn't use armor break past the first turn on the boss. Combined with a poor board, I couldn't get through the defense. I managed to charge the armor break in time by the third try. I'm not sure if I could farm this, but I probably won't regardless. I just need to finish the other difficulties for the stone.

raiot

Legend is Easy with lucifer!
Farmed it 6 Times with:
Lucifer/lucifer
Ult.kagetsuchi
Hera-is
Dark Ceres
Zeus

Basically just charge during the first 5 rounds, round 6 gravity and lucifer, round 7 Ceres and lucifer....

Okay. I just had a weird occurrence. I go to the dungeon menu and notice that the technical dungeons header is flashing "New." I check it and sure enough there's a new technical dungeon available. But it was 40 stamina and I only had 37. So I decide to run SS:Zeus a couple times instead. But now when I returned to the dungeon menu, the new dungeon is gone. I'm guessing GungHo just rolled it out early by mistake, but quickly caught it.

J0dy77

Okay. I just had a weird occurrence. I go to the dungeon menu and notice that the technical dungeons header is flashing "New." I check it and sure enough there's a new technical dungeon available. But it was 40 stamina and I only had 37. So I decide to run SS:Zeus a couple times instead. But now when I returned to the dungeon menu, the new dungeon is gone. I'm guessing GungHo just rolled it out early by mistake, but quickly caught it.

I think this is the reason:

*Maintenance Delay Notification*

Due to technical issues, the maintenance scheduled for August 27, 12:00 AM has been postponed until further notice. We will keep everyone informed as soon as we have a new date.

I was wondering why I was able to log in this morning. 5.4 is bringing the dragon farmable tech dungeons. Looking forward to those.

Legend is Easy with lucifer!
Farmed it 6 Times with:
Lucifer/lucifer
Ult.kagetsuchi
Hera-is
Dark Ceres
Zeus

Basically just charge during the first 5 rounds, round 6 gravity and lucifer, round 7 Ceres and lucifer....
Did you pay to get to that kind of team? I'm trying not to pay at all and so far I've only gotten monsters that are farmable except a valkrie...which I sold...it's when I first started the game. I'm rank 77 now. I don't want to reroll. I have alt tho. That I keep rerolling.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Did you pay to get to that kind of team? I'm trying not to pay at all and so far I've only gotten monsters that are farmable except a valkrie...which I sold...it's when I first started the game. I'm rank 77 now. I don't want to reroll. I have alt tho. That I keep rerolling.

Maybe not paid, but definitely had to get lucky rolls. Luci, Ceres, and Kagu are REM only. Maybe free stones?

StMeph

If you don't want to pay a dime to play this game and complete all known content, then you will simply have to reroll, provided you don't pull anything from the top 3 tiers listed within your first three pulls.

Otherwise, you'll hit a major wall that requires more time and effort than others with those monsters to clear before you can assemble teams from Descended monsters.

Basically, rerolling is suggested because that's the best way to succeed without paying.

raiot

Yeah, i did pay for this team, but only for the lucifer. But I play this game for 233 days now... so I think it's just fair to give them some money ...

suko_32

Yeah, Legend is pretty easy with Luci. Did it with:

Luci
Echidna (skill lv. 1)
Abyss Neptune
Dark Ceres
Angelion (Max Skill)
Luci

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yeah, i did pay for this team, but only for the lucifer. But I play this game for 233 days now... so I think it's just fair to give them some money ...

It's crazy to me how many days I've played this game. I think I'm getting close to 250 now. This game has earned my money, that's for sure.

I did with 0 stones with a dual Lucifer team consisting of Hera-is, enchilda, Chu of the wolf, Sieg of the earth, valk

I'm guessing you ran with sieg, and not Hera-is, as this puts you at 6 team members before you pick a friend leader?

Damn. Just died in legendary difficulty. Cat just hit me with its 10k+ attack. Light Neptune would have come in handy.

It's crazy to me how many days I've played this game. I think I'm getting close to 250 now. This game has earned my money, that's for sure.
It's a good game that's for sure, but I can't justify 60 bucks for magic stones when I could buy something like GTAV for the same price. Granted I've spent a shit ton of time in the game, but I just can't justify the price for the content. Maybe if it was for like 200 magic stones for 60$ I might actually bite.

mercviper

I think I know why Persephone got so much use in that ranking chart. She pairs up perfectly with Luci for a 3/1.5/3 team for those of us unlucky enough to not pull Luci themselves from REM. Running a very suboptimal team in legend water war dragon now and it's going swimmingly.

Persephone 44
Echidna 54
More Cu Chu 70
Earth Rending Siegfried 57
Amaterasu 99
Friend Lucifer 99

J0dy77

I'm guessing you ran with sieg, and not Hera-is, as this puts you at 6 team members before you pick a friend leader?

Damn. Just died in legendary difficulty. Cat just hit me with its 10k+ attack. Light Neptune would have come in handy.

The first time I ran legendary with Horus I caught a cat in round 3 with 3 Blue Mid Ninjas (high defense ones). The cats hit freaking hard and wiped me. The second time I ran legendary I only saw one cat, just luck of the draw.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
It's a good game that's for sure, but I can't justify 60 bucks for magic stones when I could buy something like GTAV for the same price. Granted I've spent a shit ton of time in the game, but I just can't justify the price for the content. Maybe if it was for like 200 magic stones for 60$ I might actually bite.

My gaming time is spent on this and a few games here and there on my 3DS and Vita. I play D3 a bit still, but otherwise, VERY little interests me anymore. Real life has made gaming sessions much more scarce.

Unrelated, FINALLY get my Hera-Is evolved. Pumped all of my blue mats into her and took her to 69, so she should make a great addition to my Descended teams now!

mercviper

Man, now that I've been farming Isis on mondays, I don't have nearly enough plants/dragons. Also, what's with not getting any green pengdra from Isis-5?? I'm not complaining since green isn't a color of focus right now, but my blue/red pengdra stacks are pretty ridic at the moment.

Current farm schedule:

Tuesday/Wednesday: Whatever biweekly dungeon appeals to me
Thursday: Plants
Friday: biweekly
Weekend: Neptune, but biweekly on 2x
Monday: Isis

Except for plant day, if ruby/sapphire dragons come about then I'm farming that instead.

I've been reading this thread off and on since it started, and I'm on day 210 or so, but I feel completely lost on team construction, and if I have any of the parts to take me into Master, or Legend dungeons.
Is this still the right place to post my monster box, and get some advice on how to move forward?

mercviper

I've been reading this thread off and on since it started, and I'm on day 210 or so, but I feel completely lost on team construction, and if I have any of the parts to take me into Master, or Legend dungeons.
Is this still the right place to post my monster box, and get some advice on how to move forward?

210? Sounds like you should have something in your box worthy of master/legend. post your box! :D

You guys say you farm pengdras, but where at? I've got like two or three since I started playing this month. And I got no idea where to farm good level up material. I've been using the orcs to level me up thus far, and that takes forever and a lot of cash for very little reward. Whats the best way to level and where to farm the pengdras at?

mercviper

You guys say you farm pengdras, but where at? I've got like two or three since I started playing this month. And I got no idea where to farm good level up material. I've been using the orcs to level me up thus far, and that takes forever and a lot of cash for very little reward. Whats the best way to level and where to farm the pengdras at?

Well really I'm just farming for +eggs in the technicals, and pengdra happen to be a side effect of doing so. The particular level I was talking about is http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=307. It's the last Technical dungeon before you run into the conditionals, though if you're looking for pengdra any technical should do.

As far as the best place to level, in terms of pure rank xp/stamina, the 3rd or 5th level in normal dungeons Kronos Forest, Oceanus Falls, and Hyperion Lava Flow are the best choices until you reach Hera/Zeus in Starlight Sanctuary, especially if you need mastering/siren/titan skillups.

Edit: Just saw the part where you started playing this month, so you probably don't have access to all of that. Before Hyperion Lava Flow, I think the best place is Tower of Giants - Dragons of the Tower when it's on 1/2 Stamina. And re: pengdra, you probably only have access to the earliest technicals. It'll get you pengdra but you will get very little xp/money for those levels.

I would also stop using ogre/devils/knights/other exp fodder to level your guys once it starts costing 1:1 in terms on gold/experience. E.g. if it costs you 15000 gold to gain 15000 xp, don't do it and either feed them to something else or sell them for money. It's not cost efficient enough at that point and you'll want to farm pengdra instead.

To farm pengdras, you first have to beat Castle of Satan, which can be difficult for new players. Once you've done that, there should be a new category of dungeons called Technical. This is where most people farm pengdras, outside of the occasional Pengdra Village, which only comes around every few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom