• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did some browsing around online and I see that the game is available in Canada. Is anyone having problems with installing it through Google Play on their Galaxy S3? I'm not sure what the issue is but it says that the game is incompatible with my device when I use the link provided in the OP, which is the same link I've seen everywhere else online.

Kreed

Dark Mystery Dragon is Odin except reduces damage by 75% and has leader swap, pretty cool

There's skillup fodder for Persephone in the dungeon too, but who uses Persephone

I actually see her listed often as a suggested dark team leader for dungeons at puzzledragonx and pad.wikia (she's listed a few times for the new dungeon you're talking about on the Chinese wikia). Usually she's paired with a friend's Lucifer though, so she's more for people who don't have Lucifer.

I really like all these new "Leader swap" monsters being added, particularly the Dragons who's leader skills are making them much more useful in comparison to past Trophy Dragons (outside of the Ancient Dragons for their active). I'm hoping the Light and the Green ones are just as useful as Nebula Disk.

It's Nebra Disk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nebra_sky_disk

I did some browsing around online and I see that the game is available in Canada. Is anyone having problems with installing it through Google Play on their Galaxy S3? I'm not sure what the issue is but it says that the game is incompatible with my device when I use the link provided in the OP, which is the same link I've seen everywhere else online.
It worked fine in my friend's S3, not sure what's up with that. You can sideload the app in any case.

StMeph

The long nightmare is finally over; I have internet again

time to play dragon's crown play pso2 work on ot2 go to work

| OT2 | Skydragons Every Week, Naga 24 Hours

| OT2 | Don't Ask, Just Reroll

| OT2 | Come for the Godfest, Stay for the Toytops

| OT2 | Where JP is Beta, and NA is Best

| OT2 | Every Thursday is Pengdra Village, Zeus Descended, and 2x Drop

J0dy77

| OT2 | Skydragons Every Week, Naga 24 Hours

| OT2 | Don't Ask, Just Reroll

| OT2 | Come for the Godfest, Stay for the Toytops

| OT2 | Where JP is Beta, and NA is Best

| OT2 | Every Thursday is Pengdra Village, Zeus Descended, and 2x Drop

Haha good ones.

Love the godfest one but I'd make it, "Come for the Godfest, Stay for the... " Riders or Mechs, pick one. lol

Anyone clear master Samurai yet? What team did you use, trying to figure out if the team I used for legendary will work (Horus/Isis with a breaker)

Haha good ones.

Love the godfest one but I'd make it, "Come for the Godfest, Stay for the... " Riders or Mechs, pick one. lol

Anyone clear master Samurai yet? What team did you use, trying to figure out if the team I used for legendary will work (Horus/Isis with a breaker)

Stay for the Trolling

mercviper

Just cleared Legend Water War Dragon with Goemon, man that was intense. The variable damage that floor 6 deals meant I had to heal up to full to cover all my bases since I went in with a random heart match. Good thing I chose Amaterasu over Thor as my light sub.

It worked fine in my friend's S3, not sure what's up with that. You can sideload the app in any case.

I just googled the word "sideload" up and what I got from it is I'm manually installing the APK onto my phone? Will I void my warranty or anything like that? I haven't done any kind of rooting with my phone or anything either, is that fine?
I can download the APK file from the link in the OP, right? If I do it this way, will I get any updates to the game if there are any? Is this a legal way of going about getting the game?

massoluk

Banned
Today, I realize no one bloody have Light Neptune.
Every single Neptune goes black. :p

Would have make farming Kenshin so much easier.

mercviper

I wonder if I can clear Legen with a Valk team...How bad is the damage?

Things to take note of for Legend:

-Have to break 150k defense for the boss (he has that stupid immunity shield too)
-Floor 6 does a variable amount of damage, ranging from 6600 to 16500
-Those gold cats with 600k defense show up, they have 10 hp and can deal 10800 damage per turn
-You take 4434 damage upon entering and 4434 damage entering floor 4
-Floor 1 will hurt if you can't kill ninja on the first turn.

Kreed

I'm not sure if you could do a Valkyrie team due to the color monster restriction. If you brought in a King Shynee, you would only have 4 colors covered and I don't think you could do enough damage with Green to break the Water Dragon's defense without a really good green combo.

I'd suggest running Horus (I think you mentioned you had one). I ran Legend this morning with Horus and had no issues. Just had to fire up Chu Chu/Highlander's active as soon as I ran into the boss.

Zero_IYAD

I just googled the word "sideload" up and what I got from it is I'm manually installing the APK onto my phone? Will I void my warranty or anything like that? I haven't done any kind of rooting with my phone or anything either, is that fine?
I can download the APK file from the link in the OP, right? If I do it this way, will I get any updates to the game if there are any? Is this a legal way of going about getting the game?
Since am an Android user lemme answer you:
- No, you won't lose your phone warranty.
- No root needed.
- Yes, it's illegal, but hey, it's already a free app.
- The most annoying part is: No, you won't be able to receive updates since you downloaded the game from a source other than Google Play Store.
Which means you have to wait for an updated .apk file everytime an update gets released..
What's more annoying, every time you manually download an .apk file there's a huge risk you'll lose all the previous game data & start all over again.

My advice is, try to find a solution, if the game is available OFFICIALLY in the Canadian store then try to use a new gmail account & download it on your phone.
At least this way you can update it from Google Play everytime an update gets released.

I think the APK in the OP might be out of date; since the game is getting an update tomorrow somebody will post a new APK soon. You will need to re-sideload the game each time it gets an update, which happens approximately monthly. Hotfixes don't require a reinstall. Pretty sure it doesn't void your warranty but is quasi-illegal since you can install apps not in your region and maybe is used for piracy? But the game is free anyways so who cares

J0dy77

Bad for a Valk team. The cats hit really hard and everyone else is on a one turn timer for 3- 4.5k. Might be hard to sustain the constant damage.

Today, I realize no one bloody have Light Neptune.
Every single Neptune goes black. :p

Would have make farming Kenshin so much easier.

I have a Blue/Light neptune. Knew he'd be good for something one day. :)

What's the resist team people used for Legend? Horus team is going to be too inconsistent and annoying to stall for armor break.

I'm interested in a non-Horus, non-Luci team for the Water War Dragon. I was going to go with Abyss Neptune, Echidna, Zeus, Hera, Shiva and pair with an Odin but it sounds like the poison doesn't work and I'm not sure Shiva will even work.

mercviper

I'm interested in a non-Horus, non-Luci team for the Water War Dragon. I was going to go with Abyss Neptune, Echidna, Zeus, Hera, Shiva and pair with an Odin but it sounds like the poison doesn't work and I'm not sure Shiva will even work.

Poison won't work and Shiva will only work if you activate it to kill Hatsume the floor beforehand, such that it carries over.

Edit: Anyone with a Luci sub should be able to 1shot her with his active.

Kreed

Poison won't work and Shiva will only work if you activate it to kill Hatsume the floor beforehand, such that it carries over.

The War Dragon's shield is used on the first turn/isn't preemptive. So you can use poison/shiva but it will be removed as soon as the Dragon has it's turn. So ideally you'd combine what ever skill you want to use with Echidna/Orochi and kill it before it can activate the shield.

Jagernaut

Poison will work if you use delay + poison before he acts. His status guard is not preemptive. Shiva will also work. I beat Master with this team and killed him before he had a chance to act.

Abyss Neptune leader
Echidna
Awoken Zeus
Green Odin
Awoken Hera
Amaterasu friend

mercviper

The War Dragon's shield is used on the first turn/isn't preemptive. So you can use poison/shiva but it will be removed as soon as the Dragon has it's turn. So ideally you'd combine what ever skill you want to use with Echidna/Orochi and kill it before it can activate the shield.

Oh yeah forgot about Echidna/Orochi lol. That would do too, but it'd probably have to be Orochi since Echidna and Shiva both take the red slot.

Hmm, I was just thinking of bringing some ancient dragons to wipe the war dragon after using Shiva on the floor before, but I just checked the dungeon info on p&dz. That guy looks like the tough one with all those hp. I'm hoping I'm just not thinking of something obvious - what's the strategy there?

mercviper

Hmm, I was just thinking of bringing some ancient dragons to wipe the war dragon after using Shiva on the floor before, but I just checked the dungeon info on p&dz. That guy looks like the tough one with all those hp. I'm hoping I'm just not thinking of something obvious - what's the strategy there?

Which difficulty are you looking at?

Edit: The team Jagernaut posted should do very well as a non-horus/non-luci team. Swap what you want in the subs but keep at least one gravity user for the boss. Also maybe get a water/light Neptune if you can.

With a friend you have 6 slots so you can double up on 1 color.

But do you really want to double up on the weakest color? j/k, I'm having a lot of brain farts today.

For Shiva it won't matter which delayer you have. If you're using Neptune/delay to kill the boss on Legend then you need either Orochi, a max level Neptune with at least 43 +atk eggs or another active (like hera) in addition to Neptune/Echidna to lower the dragon's hp because you have to burn through 33300 HP, because unfortunately, a max lvl Neptune without +eggs only goes through 29020 hp in 4 turns.

There's no point in having both for the boss anyway, as you can't apply Echidna/Orochi after the other without taking 1 turn in between from the boss, allowing the shield to be put up.

You can stack Echidna/Orochi, you just can't stack Echidna/Echidna or Orochi/Orochi. I'm just dumb :p

Which difficulty are you looking at?

Edit: The team Jagernaut posted should do very well as a non-horus/non-luci team. Swap what you want in the subs but keep at least one gravity user for the boss. Also maybe get a water/light Neptune if you can.

I was looking at Legendary.

I ended up taking the team Jager posted into Legendary. Didn't make it past the first wave, though I probably could have tried a lot harder. It seems like you need to get rid of a ninja or two as quickly as possible if you are going to hope to survive.

After that disappointment, I went ahead and tried Master. That was easy with that team. I even got the dragon to drop. That level may actually be farmable, though I am a bit light on Ammy friends.

StMeph

I'm pretty sure this doesn't work

Two accounts on two different iOS devices. Backup the files, delete the game, and restore the content? I thought that worked?

I say main/alt only because the phone gets WAY more time on it due to it being available all the time, especially at work and when out and about. The tablet doesn't see much use, so the account there languishes with very low rank and monster XP. Switching them would switch the time available/spent on each one.

turnbuckle

I got so discouraged by re-rolling like 15 times that I finally settled on Ceres. I don't want to know if it's a bad one to settle for, it has to be a step up from all the succubi and vampires I was getting on the rare egg machine
:(

Two accounts on two different iOS devices. Backup the files, delete the game, and restore the content? I thought that worked?

I say main/alt only because the phone gets WAY more time on it due to it being available all the time, especially at work and when out and about. The tablet doesn't see much use, so the account there languishes with very low rank and monster XP. Switching them would switch the time available/spent on each one.
No I meant stacking Orochi/Echidna. The game considers them the same type of skill, much like how you can't stack Neptune/Lilith poison.

Supposedly you CAN stack Time Mage's Slow with Menace/Force but nobody u know had one of those.

While we're on the topic there's a rumor that an upcoming descended boss has a one-turn delay as its active.

xCobalt

If your phone is jailbroken you could have 2 PAD apps on your phone.

I got so discouraged by re-rolling like 15 times that I finally settled on Ceres. I don't want to know if it's a bad one to settle for, it has to be a step up from all the succubi and vampires I was getting on the rare egg machine
:(

it's a step up from the standpoint of the other 2 are farmable. I find little use for Ceres though. I guess she is decent as a Light version in a Valk team...that's about it

turnbuckle

it's a step up from the standpoint of the other 2 are farmable. I find little use for Ceres though. I guess she is decent as a Light version in a Valk team...that's about it

She's better than a succubus, or at least I think she is. I wasted so much time re-rolling that it was either stick with Ceres or never play again lol

turnbuckle

Son, you haven't even scratched the surface of rerolling.

Well, I'm just doing it the most generic way possible (deleting game memory, starting over, deleting memory, starting over). I think there's quicker ways of doing it than that, but I am too lazy. This is the last time I'm installing the game goddammit lol

J0dy77

Did they change it? I thought it was supposed to work since orochi/echidna skills are actually different.

Edit: found a post somewhere stating they couldn't chain echidna off orochi. Dunno why I thought it was possible.

Yeah, I can 100% confirm this. I've tried this on so many occasions. If you think about it you could get a 12 turn delay from this. Echidna -> Viper -> Echidna... definitely OP.

I've been playing this for a while now. Got two accounts. I keep rerollong the alt acct, but staying with my other account as best I can. Even though I don't have any good rolls on my permed account, I'm gonna see how far it will take me.

I've been playing this for a while now. Got two accounts. I keep rerollong the alt acct, but staying with my other account as best I can. Even though I don't have any good rolls on my permed account, I'm gonna see how far it will take me.

my first roll was a Marine Rider and my second was a MIK.

All it takes is one good roll and you are set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom