• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

mercviper

Ouch, no echidna. Also, 65 box spaces? How do you live? :p

I&I is a solid leader for a 2/4/2 blue team and if you have gabriel friends you can get a 3/1.5/3 blue team going as well for the rougher dungeons with Lakshmi.

Odin is also solid with Amaterasu friends. And for that team you just put your best subs in there.

Overall, just farm up levels for your monsters, get an echidna.

Edit: Once you get some levels in your dudes, you should be able to take on most of the master level dungeons, but really the biggest problem I see is lack of levels in stuff like I&I.

Edit 2: Just saw the RKs lol

StMeph

I expect mockery.

Your photos show +eggs instead of levels, which would be more useful for evaluation.

Right now, you have a couple of teams:

Mono-blue, led by I&I, ideally paired with a friend Hermes. This should take you pretty far, so long as you invest more XP into the team. A Siegfried will help.

Awakened Odin + ??? to resist tank a lot of content. ??? varies as needed by content.

You also need to farm for way more farmable things. Echidna should be at the top of your list. Siren skill levels too, if she's not already maxed.

Because your box is relatively thin on top-flight leaders, you need to build up those two teams to tackle Descended content. Hera (1x is fine, since you have a Hades), Zeus, Valk, Two Heroes, etc. Getting Goemon will expand your team-building options, but you'll want to farm some Titans if you do.

Evolve and busty that I&I like, yesterday

That.

mercviper

Before we roll over to OT2 everyone should post their box. To gloat or cry, whichever is more appropriate.

Sure. Aside from the descended dungeons and what I pulled in the last godfest (gabriel/dark metatron), my box is pretty bad.
U4g7yfx.png

tMCJVRl.png

vETmAyR.png

iIOl24D.png

Only notable leaders were Tyrannos, Amaterasu, Persephone, Vamp lord, and Thor. The last 3 I never really used either.

Edit: I guess I had Noel too, but I only got to use him for like a month before I stopped seeing them in my friend list.

Edit 2: I really want to eat all the random dragons I have for their +eggs. Like my sky dragons. At the same time, I still want them as part of my collection. :x Maybe I should just farm for a non-egg one.

OK, I appreciate all of the advice. I just evo'd my I&I, and will work on levelling them up asap.
I'm going to ask a couple of follow-ups. The first one is, I hear you all discussing mono-teams, but I guess I assumed that I would need a Red team, a Blue team, a Green... and so on in order to face certain dungeons. If I find the right parts, are you saying my Water squad could go up against most dungeons?
If i am focusing on Water, is Echidna still necessary? If I can find her, who would I match her with? My Fire team? That sounds like a dumb question, but is Echidna for gathering mats or for fighting big dungeons?
Last ones for now: What are RKs, and why are they laughable, and whats a 2/4/2 team.

Thanks, everyone!

So here's the team I used for Legendary War Dragon:

SOD Lucifer
Heroic Wolf King Cu Chulainn
Awoken Hera-Is
Flame Archdemon Belial (evolved, but only level 5, straight out of the machine)
Amaterasu Ohkami
SOD Lucifer

My Belial was really crappy, and I just threw him in to have a red/black monster, so I only had about 51000 HP for this, which turned out to be enough.

I used the same strategy as every other Lucifer team: play normally (as it most likely will take you about 35 turns to get to Hatsume anyway), then use Ultra Gravity and Morning Star on Hatsume, finish her off, then use your other Morning Star on the boss.

E: Btw, you get 5 stones for login day 250. Just fyi, since I'm on day 250 today.

mercviper

OK, I appreciate all of the advice. I just evo'd my I&I, and will work on levelling them up asap.
I'm going to ask a couple of follow-ups. The first one is, I hear you all discussing mono-teams, but I guess I assumed that I would need a Red team, a Blue team, a Green... and so on in order to face certain dungeons. If I find the right parts, are you saying my Water squad could go up against most dungeons?
If i am focusing on Water, is Echidna still necessary? If I can find her, who would I match her with? My Fire team? That sounds like a dumb question, but is Echidna for gathering mats or for fighting big dungeons?
Last ones for now: What are RKs, and why are they laughable, and whats a 2/4/2 team.

Thanks, everyone!

You only need 1 mono team. Mono teams are just strong by themselves because you can focus on one color and have easy access to that color of orb with multiple orb changers without having to worry about stealing from another color.

Echidna is just a strong monster in general, and essential in many teams when tackling descended dungeons. You may even consider putting her in your mono-blue team for some dungeons even though she's red, that's how awesome she is.

RK is rainbow keeper. It's a solid sub and I put lol because I had a bunch of statements telling you to get an RK or 3, but you already had 3 (now 2 since you evolved I&I).

2/4/2 means your team gets 2x HP, 4x ATK, and 2x RCV, achievable with paired leaders like I&I/Hermes, Freyr/Ares, Freyja/Artemis. You can also sub I&I/Freyr/Freyja with the corresponding the starter dragons. 2/4/2 will clear a majority of the content available in the game, and is indeed what I used (Tyrannos/Ares) for most everything I've completed. What I couldn't with the 2/4/2 team I typically relied on an Ama/GrOdin to help clear instead. You also have access to both of those types of teams.

StMeph

No one is posting boxes. :<

I want to see more boxes.

Current XP focus:

Red: Goemon, then Titan #2, probably Mastering after
Blue: Siegfried
Green: Frejya to a decent level, then max Odin
Light: Verche
Dark: Hera, then both Awakened Heras

The problem with Valk/Healers is that their stat growths are really miserable. Feels like a waste of XP. +Eggs would be great for them, but am not sure that I want to prioritize eggs toward Valk. Echidna, perhaps?

Egg priority: Echidna, Goemon, Valkyrie?

Suggestions here welcome.

Thanks, everyone!

To add to mercviper's response:
Orb changes are extremely important to a mono-color team, since 1) You don't want to find yourself in a tight situation without orbs you need & 2) You need to pack a punch in order to take out tougher bosses quickly. So you do have to pick your subs carefully.

Here's the mono-blue team I typically run:
I&I - Gabriel - SirenTE - Siegfried - (situational blue sub) - Hermes friend.

The orb change combinations I can run is this:
Siren (Fire orb to heal orb) -> Emergency heal

Siren (Fire orb to heal orb) -> Siegfried ( heal orb to fire orb) -> Emergency Blue Orbs.

Gabriel ( Light to Water, Dark to Heal) -> Siren (Fire to Heal) -> Hermes( Wood/Heal -> water) -> All blue board. + I&I (1.5x water attack for 2 turns) = instant kill on most normal/technical bosses.

-------------------------------
vice versa, Goemon teams are popular since Goemon has 5x atk at 20% HP + skill to make the whole board red all packed into one monster.

To add to mercviper's response:
Orb changes are extremely important to a mono-color team, since 1) You don't want to find yourself in a tight situation without orbs you need & 2) You need to pack a punch in order to take out tougher bosses quickly. So you do have to pick your subs carefully.

My original roll was for Fenrir Knight Kamui (wood orbs to water orbs - 9 turns). Is he as useful for a mono-blue as I now think he is?

J0dy77

Man, now that I've been farming Isis on mondays, I don't have nearly enough plants/dragons. Also, what's with not getting any green pengdra from Isis-5?? I'm not complaining since green isn't a color of focus right now, but my blue/red pengdra stacks are pretty ridic at the moment.

Current farm schedule:

Tuesday/Wednesday: Whatever biweekly dungeon appeals to me
Thursday: Plants
Friday: biweekly
Weekend: Neptune, but biweekly on 2x
Monday: Isis

Except for plant day, if ruby/sapphire dragons come about then I'm farming that instead.

I do the same thing for the most part but vary a little bit. I've shifted to Ceres in starlight sanctuary on the weekends and run creek of Neleus when I need some green pengdras. I also seem to have pretty good luck getting the evolved green pengdras there.

mercviper

My original roll was for Fenrir Knight Kamui (wood orbs to water orbs - 9 turns). Is he as useful for a mono-blue as I now think he is?

Yuuup. He's going to be core to your blue team until you get a blue ninja or Siegfried. Your blue team should probably be I&I lead, Kamui, Crystal Aurora Dragon, Siren, and either Lakshmi or Beast Rider. I'm just not sure if the lack of stats make up for the orb changing from the rider.

I do the same thing for the most part but vary a little bit. I've shifted to Ceres in starlight sanctuary on the weekends and run creek of Neleus when I need some green pengdras. I also seem to have pretty good luck getting the evolved green pengdras there.

Oooh, I like those changes. With Ceres I won't have to wait for Shivas to show up and I can get dubmythlits.

Kamui usually isn't as useful in a I&I/Hermes 2/4/2 team since Hermes already does the job in terms of changing wood to water. However, in your case, Kamui would be useful as an emergency orb changer due to 1) shorter cool down (9 turns at level 1) & 2) You don't have Siegfried yet.

You don't want to rely on hermes for emergency cases, since he takes longer to recharge.

Is Ceres a better farm spot than Neptune? Aside from + eggs, Neptune offers Mystic Masks and King Metal Dragons, plus the dungeon is 10 rounds.

mercviper

Is Ceres a better farm spot than Neptune? Aside from + eggs, Neptune offers Mystic Masks and King Metal Dragons, plus the dungeon is 10 rounds.

In a stam/drop ratio it's definitely worse. 5 levels of drops over 14 stamina compared to 8 levels of drops in 15 is almost half. I just find it appealing because I need dubmythlits and the rank xp/stam is higher by about 100. You can also get gold kings instead of king metals, so there's that. /shrug

In a stam/drop ratio it's definitely worse. 5 levels of drops over 14 stamina compared to 8 levels of drops in 15 is almost half. I just find it appealing because I need dubmythlits and the rank xp/stam is higher by about 100. You can also get gold kings instead of king metals, so there's that. /shrug
Gold Kings sounds tempting (and I also have trouble with Neptune with non-Lucifer, non-Horus teams like Chu and Valk). Thanks!

J0dy77

Oooh, I like those changes. With Ceres I won't have to wait for Shivas to show up and I can get dubmythlits.

Not sure what team you farm Neptune with but I bring a yellow Mech to handle Neptune, shorter cooldown and just as effective.

It depends on what you're looking for. I need dub myths badly. I'm sitting on 10 Mystic Masks from the endless weekend farming of Neptune, easy choice for me. Here's the basic breakdown:

Starlight:

- Better Experience per stamina ratio
- Gold King Dragons
- Dub Mythlits
- More variety in the color of drops (neptune is blue and yellow only)

Neptune:
- Higher Plus egg drop rate
- Mystic Masks
- King Metals
- More drops if you're farming Neptune 10 rounds vs Ceres 7 rounds.

J0dy77

You should wake up your Zeus-Dios
because he looks awesome
. That's what I'm working on right now, and yours is a level ahead of mine.

Haha I was leveling him just for that purpose. The awoken version looks awesome. I stopped recently to try and get some additional levels in Susano and Ceres.

mercviper

Not sure what team you farm Neptune with but I bring a yellow Mech to handle Neptune, shorter cooldown and just as effective.

I just use mono-red so I pop shiva and my bustied ogre and it's a done deal. It's typically charged by the time I reach Neptune anyway. My mono-green is severely underleveled, not to mention that I don't really have any green leader friends. Other options I have are Goemon or a Persephone/Luci teams. Goemon is too much thinking for farming, and it's playing with fire. Persephone/Luci takes just as long since I have to charge Luci. I suppose I could try a Cu Chu balance team with the 9x green, but it's kinda glass cannon and I like the extra HP my mono-red gives me. The typical run is 10 minutes and I'm not exactly in a rush so I don't mind too much.

Here's my box:

http://i.imgur.com/LIeiDYE.jpg[/IMG ]

I want to see George's monsters. Get on it George.[/QUOTE]

Admit it you just want to see 3 +297s in a box.

So uh. Made it to the end of legendary. Totally forgot about the dragon's status shield. Should I just quit this dungeon? Running a resist / healer team so it's not gonna pierce defense.

J. Bravo

Is #301 Pierdrawn worth keeping as the first rare egg machine pull? I got Hermes my first time but then I read that I should try for LUcifer. I probably should have just kept Hermes though lol.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I won't post my box - too much work to upload it, hahaha. I've posted it many times before though.

Any tips for Starlight Hera and Zeus? I can't seem to clear the Lightning Dragon with Horus for Hera. And Zeus, I don't have -RCV, so I imagine it's what, low HP resolve or bust?

Is #301 Pierdrawn worth keeping as the first rare egg machine pull? I got Hermes my first time but then I read that I should try for LUcifer. I probably should have just kept Hermes though lol.

Definitely no. Luci is your goal, but toy dragons are DEFINITELY not good starters.

mercviper

So uh. Made it to the end of legendary. Totally forgot about the dragon's status shield. Should I just quit this dungeon? Running a resist / healer team so it's not gonna pierce defense.

Probably? You've got 33300 worth of hp to grind through otherwise :p Even with Hera activations every chance you get you're probably going to go through at least 300 turns of matching before he dies since you can't poison him.

Any tips for Starlight Hera and Zeus? I can't seem to clear the Lightning Dragon with Horus for Hera. And Zeus, I don't have -RCV, so I imagine it's what, low HP resolve or bust?

If you have Odin my Ama can heal it (Hera, not Zeus). Goemon should be good for it too.

J. Bravo

I won't post my box - too much work to upload it, hahaha. I've posted it many times before though.

Definitely no. Luci is your goal, but toy dragons are DEFINITELY not good starters.

Well, looks like it's time to reroll again. Thanks. Just wish I didn't have to do the stupid update every time.

I want to see George's monsters. Get on it George.
That sounds dirty. Lol.

But I'll oblige:

PViVeQ2.jpg

Admit it you just want to see 3 +297s in a box.
How did you know? You been stalking me? Lol.

Those +6 trash mobs(besides the Jester Dragon) are the +eggs I'm saving up. Not sure which monster I'm going to make +297 next.

IX3ajeb.png

Edit:

I've actually greatly slowed my roll on stamina refreshes. I would normally quickly max out monsters like Zeus Dios or Kirin as soon as I get them by blitzing Jewel Dragons, Pengdras and Plant dungeons. But I've been spreading my play out a lot more, and only really spend stones if I'm farming during limited time special events. Since I started farming SS:Zeus regularly with Goemon, I can steadily get rank-ups without refreshing stamina. If I can't get a rank-up throughout the day, the stamina regeneration overnight is usually enough to get a rank-up the next day.

Probably? You've got 33300 worth of hp to grind through otherwise :p Even with Hera activations every chance you get you're probably going to go through at least 300 turns of matching before he dies since you can't poison him.

If you have Odin my Ama can heal it (Hera, not Zeus). Goemon should be good for it too.

Ugh. What a bust. So strange though, since when I ran master, stupid dragon didn't put up its shield. It just kept attacking until it died from poison. 934 turns left on shield. Won't even let me cast poison, but I can still attempt to cast delay ( even though the move doesn't stick after casting )

xCobalt

My all-stars, I guess. I've got 297 +eggs ready to be eaten by Valk or Horus, and I'm leaning Valk for her versatility. Yay or nay?

I'd say Horus.

With my Valk/ADK, I only use them for farming dungeons. The extra stats won't matter in this situation. With Horus however, you're most likely going to use it in end-game dungeons where the extra stats are extremely useful.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
OK, I'm going to toy around with my second account a bit. Anyone have SoD Luci that wants to add me? 329,857,218

I'll have Luci or Hades up exclusively (since that's all I have on this account).

Jagernaut

Here is my box after about 220 days. My first 2 rolls were Marine Rider and Gigas. I still have no Angels or Chinese Gods. Archangel Lucifer is my most wanted God.

8BZ0UX4.png

NrYxre7.png

OHIIE1L.png

IU2xJx2.png

J0dy77

Are there non-Goemon Zeus farming teams that work?

Horus/Ra?

My Goemon team is a joke at the moment. =/

I have 125 eggs on Horus and about 30 scattered across the rest of the team. Using a 297 Horus friend I still can't clear Zeus with Horus. It's just too many HP (5 mil) without a fast charge gravity or two.

Lucifer and Kirin would probably be better. Ra/Ra would seem inconsistent but ill let people who own Ra speak to that.

Colby

I'd say Horus.

With my Valk/ADK, I only use them for farming dungeons. The extra stats won't matter in this situation. With Horus however, you're most likely going to use it in end-game dungeons where the extra stats are extremely useful.

I get that, but Valk is a key part of my Horus team, anyway, so the value of the +eggs will be the same for that team. I see me using Valk on an Apollo team and a healer team, while I would only use Horus as a sub for a Goemon team, maybe.

ccbfan

Just complete Legend Samurai with

Valk
Siren
Enchilada
Green Ancient
Hera

Dark Neptune. (Need to do 5828 damage per poison)

None except help Dark Neptune above the level of 70

Hardest part was stage 1 but with 3x damage for Valk, Siren and Enchilada killing at least three of them should be easy (I killed four on my run but 3 is optimal).

Stage 2 and 3 should be easy with half damage, and those mid ninjas which are much weaker than the low ones. Try to charge as much as possible especially the Ancient Green.

Use Ancient Green on stage four.

Stage 5 should be the same as 2 and 3. If you must you can use skills since stage 6 is easy to charge.

Stage 6 is easy since she only does like 3- 8K damage in 2 turns. Easy to heal with this team. Just beat her and make sure Hera, Enchilada, and Neptune are all charged.

Stage 7 activate Enchilada then Hera then Neptune then get gold egg.

Was easier than expected. Totally farmable. Stage 1 is the hardest and bad luck can kill you but as long as you can match a blue, light and red in at least 5 combos (Aoe with 5 combos will work too). Light neptune would probably take the occasional bad luck element out of it but those are rare these days since Lucifer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom