• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

razterik

Voting for +297 Valk. Her active is far more useful than Horus so she can sub on many other teams, and she is a good leader if you have proper subs. Also, you could potentially feed her off later on if (when) some new game changer comes along without feeling like you are losing a good REM pull since you can get another one from her dungeon. Horus is unquestionably great, but GungHo seems to be shoving him aside for new hotness lately. I doubt his long term viability as a leader if you aim for future Descended dungeons, and Hera-Ur seems to have stolen his sub role.

xCobalt

I get that, but Valk is a key part of my Horus team, anyway, so the value of the +eggs will be the same for that team. I see me using Valk on an Apollo team and a healer team, while I would only use Horus as a sub for a Goemon team, maybe.

In situations you use your Apollo or healer team, do you feel like you need the extra stats? With Goemon, I feel like the extra stats are much more beneficial. Gives you a bigger cushion for that 20% health, easier time stalling to charge up abilities and of course more damage.

RqtuBwo.jpg

VHeHaiR.jpg

wQ77GjX.jpg

nhKzFzT.jpg

pspNLLx.jpg

raiot

Georges Box... O M G... SOOOOO many max level monsters!

Here is my Fav Box:

I just checked, I dont have some of you Guys in my Friendlist... If you want to add me, even just for mindless Kagetsuchi farming... ;)

My box is sad compared to all of yours. Any suggestions for me would be good. I'm trying to farm a mermaid, a succubus, and the rest of the rippers, but they are going slowly.

razterik

OT2 - "Don't be sad, get PAD."

But really, most of us with the crazy boxes have played for a long time and/or dropped decent coin on the game. Box envy is just another way for GungHo to push you towards IAP.

Your red team is the strongest option available to you, so get that starter dragon up and evolved as soon as you can. You are lacking a strong God to team build around, so rerolling might be something to consider. Otherwise, save stones for a Godfest and hope for the best.

BetaTester

Neo Member
Puzzle Dragon X
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/news.asp

Ame-no-Uzume
Active Skill: 1.5x RCV for 3 turns
Leader skill: 3.5x Attack for all fire monster when HP is full

Umisachi & Yamasachi
Active skill: Wood to Water orbs, Heal to Wood orbs
Leader skill: 5x ATK when Wt,Wd,Lt,Dk attacks at same time

Kushinada
Active skill: Reduce your received damage by a lot for 1 turn (75%)
Leader skill: Increase damage after 3+ combo (caps at 10x, 3 combo = 1.5x, 4 combo = 2.0x)

Izanagi
Active skill: 1.5x God ATKs for 1 turn
Leader skill: 3.5x Attack for all god type monster when HP is full

Ookuninushi
Active skill: Enemies attack less frequently (delays 1 turn to all enemies)
Leader skill: 3.5x ATK for all Monster when 6+ combo

J0dy77

Voting for +297 Valk. Her active is far more useful than Horus so she can sub on many other teams, and she is a good leader if you have proper subs. Also, you could potentially feed her off later on if (when) some new game changer comes along without feeling like you are losing a good REM pull since you can get another one from her dungeon. Horus is unquestionably great, but GungHo seems to be shoving him aside for new hotness lately. I doubt his long term viability as a leader if you aim for future Descended dungeons, and Hera-Ur seems to have stolen his sub role.

This makes a lot of sense especially if you're going to use her on the Horus team most of the time anyway.

What are you guys using to stitch together your box pics? I'd like to post mine.

I used good old MS paint cut and paste.

J0dy77

Puzzle Dragon X

Ame-no-Uzume

Umisachi & Yamasachi

Kushinada
Leader skill: Increase damage after 3+ combo (caps at 10x, 3 combo = 1.5x, 4 combo = 2.0x)

Izanagi
Active skill: 3x God ATKs for 1 turn

Ookuninushi

If I am reading that right. Kushinada is just flat out OP.

Edit: I know Gungho needs to keep making the game fresh. But something like this just seems game breaking. Why even use another friend or leader? I match at a minimum 4 combos per turn and consistently get between 5-7. Just take all your highest stat monsters of dungeon week color and face roll it.

Kreed

Puzzle Dragon X

Ame-no-Uzume

Umisachi & Yamasachi

Kushinada

Izanagi
Active skill: 3x God ATKs for 1 turn

Ookuninushi

Umisachi & Yamasachi = Kirin with a less useful active. Definitely the most useful of the group though at first glance. Izanagi is going to get a lot of use as a sub I think. I don' t know about Ookuninushi's active ability, seems way too low to be more useful than Echidna. Kushinada's leader skill is much better than Anubis's BS (too bad Kushinada can't reach his multiplier strength though).

If I am reading that right. Kushinada is just flat out OP.

Edit: I know Gungho needs to keep making the game fresh. But something like this just seems game breaking. Why even use another friend or leader? I match at a minimum 4 combos per turn and consistently get between 5-7. Just take all your highest stat monsters of dungeon week color and face roll it.

Kushinada maxes at x5 for a 10 combo. That's not too bad I think.

Kreed

If Kushinada is only .5 increase per combo, Anubis is easier to get 10x? Seems worse than other multipliers to me.

Anubis gets 10x with a 10 combo but doesn't get anything for anything lower, which makes his leader skill useless in most dungeons. Whereas Kushinada guarantees you a multiplier for every combo you make regardless of if it's 1 or 10.

Yeah it's a Goemon at best and pretty much always worse. You'd have to hit a 6+ combo turn after turn to match the "baseline" of a Valk team which for me at least I'd rather just use Valk.

You do get a crazy amount of control over your damage output, which is extremely valuable.

Anyways, I'm glad GungHo still isn't afraid of doing completely asymmetric pantheons.

Zero_IYAD

Am I the only one here who hates the look of the new Japanese gods?
Also their skills aren't that great.
Hope we don't get them on the next godfest, am still in need for decent -good looking- gods :|

5.4 update is supposed to roll tomorrow, YES on plants day =__=

Edit: LoL! So no matter how hard you try to farm a Titan, in the end you'll get him from the Pal Egg Machine xD !

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I've actually been pumping my +eggs into Echdina lately. Valk is at +70 or so and Echidna is at +5x. She's such a team staple and has such poor stats...

So how many runs did it take you guys to see your Cerberus on Dark Dragon dungeon? I'm probably about 25 runs in and no luck yet.

linsivvi

Umisachi & Yamasachi = Kirin with a less useful active. Definitely the most useful of the group though at first glance. Izanagi is going to get a lot of use as a sub I think. I don' t know about Ookuninushi's active ability, seems way too low to be more useful than Echidna. Kushinada's leader skill is much better than Anubis's BS (too bad Kushinada can't reach his multiplier strength though).

Kushinada maxes at x5 for a 10 combo. That's not too bad I think.

The cap is actually 10x, not 10 combos. Anything beyond 6 combos is pretty hard to pull off consistently though.

Kreed

The cap is actually 10x, not 10 combos. Anything beyond 6 combos is pretty hard to pull off consistently though.

That definitely increases her potential, but as you said it's going to be hard to get to her maximum potential consistently. It'd be nice to see Anubis get an upgrade with this leader ability at some point.

I've actually been pumping my +eggs into Echdina lately. Valk is at +70 or so and Echidna is at +5x. She's such a team staple and has such poor stats...

Working on mine too. Shes up to +44 now.

I need to work on farming replacements for somethings I have + eggs on. I don't even use the ripper dragons anymore and somehow they have like 2-3 eggs each.

J0dy77

Yeah it's a Goemon at best and pretty much always worse. You'd have to hit a 6+ combo turn after turn to match the "baseline" of a Valk team which for me at least I'd rather just use Valk.

You do get a crazy amount of control over your damage output, which is extremely valuable.

Anyways, I'm glad GungHo still isn't afraid of doing completely asymmetric pantheons.

Whoops, I definitely read that wrong. I thought it was 1x for each combo... 10x for 10 combo. Yeah, not that good overall.

Looks like the only worthwhile new god here will be the Green version of Kirin, U&Y.

Umisachi & Yamasachi

And yeah, definitely not a fan of the look on the new gods.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I've found a new favorite use for Chinese Gods...As leads, they're good. But as subs, they're a blast. I love being able to change the board to multiple colors. Easy large combos.

I actually like Izanagi the best of the new Gods. It can work as either a leader or a sub. And its active skill is only 11 turns compared to 17 to start for the King Slimes. But Izanagi won't have shitty stats like those, so you don't have to sacrifice stats just for an active skill.

If you put Izanagi on a Goemon team with a color enhancer and an orb enhancer, it's possible to trigger an ATK multiplier over 2400x.

StMeph

I actually like Izanagi the best of the new Gods. It can work as either a leader or a sub. And its active skill is only 11 turns compared to 17 to start for the King Slimes. But Izanagi won't have shitty stats like those, so you don't have to sacrifice stats just for an active skill.

If you put Izanagi on a Goemon team with a color enhancer and an orb enhancer, it's possible to trigger an ATK multiplier over 2400x.

Let's see...

Two Goemon leads - 25x
+ Weakness - 50x (2x)
+ Horus - 140x (2.8x)
+ Freyr - 210x (1.5x)
+ Izanagi - 630x (3x)

Does Horus stack with Hera-Ur, or am I missing something else? What else can we squeeze out from there? Only one sub's Active left, to boot.

Also of note is that Goemon himself is not a God, only Physical type, so it would break down like:
- 630x: Horus, Freyr
- 210x: Goemon
- 75x: Izanagi, but would deal 0 damage because it's based on a full enhanced fire board

Guess ill join the fun. Here is my box. First pulls were marine rider, and vampire.

yMdSIzzl.jpg

jfYC0jvl.jpg

0EoPV82l.jpg

PTy9q84l.jpg

G0syJsEl.jpg

And then my current project Artemis skill ups (she went 0/10 during last event)
b2BavHsl.jpg

I have been really trolled by the angels, only one I got was Raphael (twice in a row). Got nothing but Artemis from the last godfest. Kirin, Horus and AA Luci are my most wants.

Let's see...

Two Goemon leads - 25x
+ Weakness - 50x (2x)
+ Horus - 140x (2.8x)
+ Freyr - 210x (1.5x)
+ Izanagi - 630x (3x)

Does Horus stack with Hera-Ur, or am I missing something else? What else can we squeeze out from there? Only one sub's Active left, to boot.

Also of note is that Goemon himself is not a God, only Physical type, so it would break down like:
- 75x: Izanagi, but would deal 0 damage because it's based on a full enhanced fire board
Yeah, the 2400x multiplier wouldn't be for all team monsters, only the ones that meet all criteria. And I didn't even think about weakness. That would be an over 4800x multplier. The multiplier you're missing is 7.75x for a full board of orbs (30 x .25 + .25). Each orb is worth .25x damage and each match in a combo string is worth .25x damage.

Also, this can be done for other colors, too. Substitute Freyr, Horus, and another sub member for Freyja, Athena, and Zeus Dios, and you can have the same multiplier for a Wood attack instead of Fire in case you're running a Water dungeon.

Having a 4800x or even just 2400x multiplier would more than makeup for some party members not dealing any damage. A single 1300ATK monster would deal over 3mil damage with a 2400x multiplier.

quin

I don't think that izanagi translation is correct. If I'm reading the Japanese correctly its only 1.5x for 1 turn.

Let's see...

Two Goemon leads - 25x
+ Weakness - 50x (2x)
+ Horus - 140x (2.8x)
+ Freyr - 210x (1.5x)
+ Izanagi - 630x (3x)

Everybody wanted a Neptune back then when the Egyptians came out!

Also, I don't think the active multiplier skills stack. You can't combine slime with norse skills right? I may be wrong on this.
Correct

Ragnarok Odyssey Ace collab dungeon has one floor of porings (at a kinda bad drop rate) if you feel like getting GungTrolled hard.

Japan's next event starts Friday, but I don't know if we're getting one too considering the patch delay and that Japan's event schedule is kinda messed up from the 5.4 Android woes.

Well okay, if its only 1.5 that's obviously less potent. And I don't know if you can't stack it. I never used the King Slimes with a Norse God before, but if it doesn't stack then yeah. It's a lot less enticing.

Bout to hit 100 days on my current account. Have a decent dark team led by Lucifer but can't find it in me to level. I only sign in for the daily bonus and can't even use my best line up because I'm only level 67. I think I burnt myself on my last account.

StMeph

Well okay, if its only 1.5 that's obviously less potent. And I don't know if you can't stack it. I never used the King Slimes with a Norse God before, but if it doesn't stack then yeah. It's a lot less enticing.

Yeah, 1600x (weakness) / 800x (normal) / 400x (resist) is definitely not worth considering. That's some sharp-kneed, pedestrian multiplier shit.

Yeah, 1600x (weakness) / 800x (normal) / 400x (resist) is definitely not worth considering. That's some sharp-kneed, pedestrian multiplier shit.
Lol. "A lot less enticing," doesn't mean worthless, but it doesn't improve the Goemon team I already run. In fact it would make my Goemon team even weaker, since it doesn't affect the Goemon leaders.

J0dy77

Correct

Ragnarok Odyssey Ace collab dungeon has one floor of porings (at a kinda bad drop rate) if you feel like getting GungTrolled hard.

Japan's next event starts Friday, but I don't know if we're getting one too considering the patch delay and that Japan's event schedule is kinda messed up from the 5.4 Android woes.

Where are our compensation stones Gungho? We probably would have had our next event starting Friday. Not looking good now.

StMeph

Lol. "A lot less enticing," doesn't mean worthless, but it doesn't improve the Goemon team I already run. In fact it would make my Goemon team even weaker, since it doesn't affect the Goemon leaders.

It's tough to improve Goemon's ideal team.

1. Horus. Hera-Ur is ideal, with better HP and ATK. Also makes Goemon's Active totally ridiculous, and not a liability for LESS damage.

2-3. 2x Red Giant Gigas. I do feel like there needs to be a lot of control over hearts with Goemon, and 2x heartbreakers at max skill level achieves that. You're still susceptible to utterly random heart cascades, but that (and pre-emptive attacking monsters) are the only things that thwart Goemon.

4. Freyr is probably the least necessary link and swappable for Echidna or Mastering as needed, depending on the content (immunity shields, etc). Or Satan for guaranteed 0 RCV. Freyr only for easy, safe charging before unleashing a monster nuke. Without Freyr, that earlier figure goes to 1085x / 540x / 270x.

Alternately, one could just use the existing 3x Physical buff instead, if we're just talking about theorycrafting, or maximizing our mega nuke.

Without additional stacking, as with Freyr, that brings us back to:

Two Goemon leads - 25x
+ Weakness - 50x (2x)
+ Horus/Hera - 140x (2.8x)
+ King Bubbly - 420x (3x to Physical)

with full board of orbs (7.75x) = 3255x weak / 1627x normal / 813x resist

That breaks down to:
3255x: Goemon, Red Giant Gigas
1085x: Horus/Hera
75x: King Bubbly (again, 0 damage)

Kreed

A lot of these additions are just meant to give people options vs replacing/enhancing already dominant teams. For example I could see this enhancement being good for a Horus or a Kirin team made up of God monsters.

...if we're just talking about theorycrafting, or maximizing our mega nuke.
Well yeah, that's pretty much what I was doing, theorizing maximum attack potential. I haven't even considered optimal team compositions. But right off the bat, it looks like Izanagi has a lot less potential than I originally thought due to its multiplier being half of what PDX originally listed and not being stackable. It'll still be usable for sure, having a Norse-type active with a lower starting cooldown than a max-skilled Norse.

And agreed about Freyr. He's the least important of the Goemon multipliers, being only 1.5x. Goemon + Horus alone is enough to kill most bosses. I initially replaced Freyr from my SS:Zeus farm team with SoD Luci as an emergency reset button, because random Heart cascades on the 2 sub bosses were too common for my liking. But extensive runs made me realize that I didn't really need Echidna on the team. I was able to stall well enough without her. So, I reinserted Freyr in place of Echidna because SS:Zeus has enough HP for Freyr to make a difference and make a 1-shot kill possible. As usual, many teams can be fine tweaked for specific dungeons. My current SS:Zeus team that I've found to be optimal so far is Goemon/RGG/Freyr/Horus/Luci/Goemon.

A lot of these additions are just meant to give people options vs replacing/enhancing already dominant teams. For example I could see this enhancement being good for a Horus or a Kirin team made up of God monsters.
Agreed. And I'm okay with that. In fact, at first glance(minus the flawed initial analysis of Izanagi) it looks to be a rather skippable group of Gods for me. It wouldn't be the first Godfest I skipped if I did.

Asturie

So i'm having issues with beating Blazing Dragon ( Hyperion Lava Flow). If I build a team to get through the dragonettes, I get killed by Ifrit. If I build a team to kill Ifrit, I don't even get to him b/c I am killed by the dragonettes. The best team I can field right now is a 50 Isis, 45 Echidna the red empress, a 41 Green Odin, 45 Verche, and a dub-mythlit. Any suggestions on what to do? Currently rank 68.

So i'm having issues with beating Blazing Dragon ( Hyperion Lava Flow). If I build a team to get through the dragonettes, I get killed by Ifrit. If I build a team to kill Ifrit, I don't even get to him b/c I am killed by the dragonettes. The best team I can field right now is a 50 Isis, 45 Echidna the red empress, a 41 Green Odin, 45 Verche, and a dub-mythlit. Any suggestions on what to do? Currently rank 68.

I remember having trouble with this one too. Do you have anything that pierces armor, or are you bursting through Ifrit?

Anything with poison (lilith, ghostering, neptune) or armor break (shiva, golem) will make things a LOT easier.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=146

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Playing more on my alt account...I apparently have 2 Luci and a Hades. I guess I'll level that account a bit more and see how I can manage without spending stones. The 30 box limit is already crushing me a little inside, but whatever. If only my main account wasn't so deep in stones, haha.

Posting a shot of your monster box will also help us formulate a team for you.

raiot

I think the easiest way to achieve victory is to get this guy:

http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=77
And use him instead of the Dub Mythlit.

Use a max Horus from one of the GAFers, charge the skill of the Knight, Echidna and Odin in the first rounds, Kill the Dragonettes with Echidna, Use the Knight on the Ifrit, this reduces his defense to 30k which should be enough for a Odin to kill him in one hit from his active Gungnir, which does 50x his ATK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom