• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

J0dy77

I wouldn't actively try and go for one. If you get one from the pal machine or something, then consider keeping it. For some reason, a lot of people recommend getting a second max skilled siren but having done it myself, there hasn't been a situation where I needed two.

I run two in my Valkryie farm team, 2 max skill Siren/Valk is huge 5 turn damage burst. 2 are also recommended for some resolve teams and got me through Hera when I was still early in play time.

Edit: Are we getting free stones with this event, 2x skillup, etc..?

I run two in my Valkryie farm team, 2 max skill Siren/Valk is huge 5 turn damage burst. 2 are also recommended for some resolve teams and got me through Hera when I was still early in play time.

Edit: Are we getting free stones with this event, 2x skillup, etc..?
Puzzle dragons says they'll have all that.

Kyu

Neo Member
My boxes

gnjlkUc.jpg

NI1yfdp.jpg

raiot

REMINDER FOR EVERYONE WHO WANTS A SPECIFIC NOEL DRAGON

You don't need to make a match! Just swap a random orb without making a match until the egg does an emote.
Check Puzzledragonx.com if its the Emote that belongs to the dragon you want.
If not, touch the upper right corner and choose quit. You will lose the 10 stamina, but you can try the dungeon again until you get your NOEL.

Also:
DO NOT SELL YOUR NOELL DRAGON, EVER!
Feed him, evolve him and feed him to max level.
If you don't need him as Leader, feed him to a monster of the same color and gain 1.5 mil. XP

Sorry, had to make this bold, too many people choose the wrong noel dragon last time.

J0dy77

REMINDER FOR EVERYONE WHO WANTS A SPECIFIC NOEL DRAGON

You don't need to make a match! Just swap a random orb without making a match until the egg does an emote.
Check Puzzledragonx.com if its the Emote that belongs to the dragon you want.
If not, touch the upper right corner and choose quit. You will lose the 10 stamina, but you can try the dungeon again until you get your NOEL.

Also:
If you don't need him as Leader, feed him to a monster of the same color and gain 1.5 mil. XP

Sorry, had to make this bold, too many people choose the wrong noel dragon last time.

This. Don't grab the first one you see in the morning when you wake up, see that it's a enhance mat and feed it for no exp. Worst in game mistake I've made, still hurts.

Man, this new technical dungeon is much harder than I expected. I'm not in danger of dying or anything (Lucifer team), but even the little sprites and sapphire dragons are taking multiple rounds to take down. So glad I put in Neptune for this.

@ Zero: I'm also going to echo what others are saying and say that I don't think you're ready for Valkyrie quite yet. I'm not sure which Descended dungeons you've done, so far, but I would rate them in difficulty in the following order:

Easiest
Heroes Descended
Goddess Descended (Legend)
Hera Descended
Thief Descended
Goddess Descended (Mythical)
Zeus Descended
Zeus-Dios Descended
Goddess Descended (without the proper team)
Hardest

Without the proper team, Goddess Descended on Mythical is basically impossible because of Valk's constant use of Resurrection. At least with Zeus-Dios, you could burn through tons of stones to eventually down him, but Valk just heals it all back and screws you.

Observations on 8/29/13:

- Looks like ADK teams on my friend list are slowly dwindling. Not too big a deal as I have the popular replacement of Valk but I just have fond memories of getting that team set up and opening up a lot of the content with it.

- Plant farming sucks without an event going on. Fortunately for me, I have not had a ton of time to play lately so I don't have a bunch just waiting on plants. On the other hand, because I don't have all those materials waiting my monsters are stagnating a little bit.

- Props to the non-stone buying population out there. I don't know how you resist the temptation to try to get a Horus or Luci (neither of which I have...) but I wish I had your resolve. Still, I do enjoy the game with what I have and take comfort knowing there are people who have spent waaaay more than me :).

I actually got Archangel Lucifer as a wedding gift, sort of, from GungHo. On the first archangel godfest day, I...

1. Got married
2. ???
3. Woke up
4. Sobered up (kind of)
5. Pulled on the machine and got Archangel Lucifer
6. Sobered up some more

Later that day, since the fest was apparently broken the night before, I used the compensation to pull two more times and got Uriel and Neptune.

Does anyone have a Busty Evo'd Cu Chu (>lv 50) I can use right now? I wanted to run the new tech dungeon real quick.

edit: damn you, Septimus. Damn you.

Does anyone have a Busty Evo'd Cu Chu (>lv 50) I can use right now? I wanted to run the new tech dungeon real quick.
I'm in dungeon (and also at work, so it could be a while) right now, but I have one that I put up fairly often and could always use more Noble Cu Chu friends.

EDIT: Also, regarding that new dungeon, dudes hit really hard in that, so I'm not sure if I would recommend that team.

Wow, thanks, I've always thought about selling my dupe (un-evolved) Noel Dragon, didn't know they're worth 1.5mil as food.

You mean go for two?
I'm not sure about a 2nd one, outside of the original Hera dungeon, I don't see much use for her.
A maxed Echidna on the other hand...

Kreed

Wow, thanks, I've always thought about selling my dupe (un-evolved) Noel Dragon, didn't know they're worth 1.5mil as food.

I'm not sure about a 2nd one, outside of the original Hera dungeon, I don't see much use for her.
A maxed Echidna on the other hand...

Two Sirens are good for tanking, especially on a dual Blue Noel/Gabriel team (there are a few Descends you can do with this team like Valkyrie/Goemon, although they take forever to complete). But obviously if you have other teams that can run these dungeons, the second Siren becomes less and less necessary.

Zero_IYAD

@ Zero: I'm also going to echo what others are saying and say that I don't think you're ready for Valkyrie quite yet. I'm not sure which Descended dungeons you've done, so far, but I would rate them in difficulty in the following order:

Easiest
Heroes Descended
Goddess Descended (Legend)
Hera Descended
Thief Descended
Goddess Descended (Mythical)
Zeus Descended
Zeus-Dios Descended
Goddess Descended (without the proper team)
Hardest

Without the proper team, Goddess Descended on Mythical is basically impossible because of Valk's constant use of Resurrection. At least with Zeus-Dios, you could burn through tons of stones to eventually down him, but Valk just heals it all back and screws you.
Actually I wasn't able to tackle any of these.
I recently got my Chinese god in the last event & got a lil lucky with the Pal Egg Machine & the current blue event, so got me some more.
Am still trying to figure who to give the priority to, but I pretty much explained everything in the past posts : )
Guess Hera is my closest shot, since I read the last floors in the Endless Dungeon are pretty much a copy of her dungeon I tried running it & I always die at floor 44.
So I guess I need to build a strong mono team -either fire or water with my current box- & hope for a decent upcoming godfest & good luck with the REM.

xCobalt

Actually I wasn't able to tackle any of these.
I recently got my Chinese god in the last event & got a lil lucky with the Pal Egg Machine & the current blue event, so got me some more.
Am still trying to figure who to give the priority to, but I pretty much explained everything in the past posts : )
Guess Hera is my closest shot, since I read the last floors in the Endless Dungeon are pretty much a copy of her dungeon I tried running it & I always die at floor 44.
So I guess I need to build a strong mono team -either fire or water with my current box- & hope for a decent upcoming godfest & good luck with the REM.

You should be able to run Hera pretty easily with the team you have. You may have to spend a stone or two in the off chance you fail to heal but that's not a big deal.

Zero_IYAD

You should be able to run Hera pretty easily with the team you have. You may have to spend a stone or two in the off chance you fail to heal but that's not a big deal.
WHAT TEAM xD !
Specify to me the 5 from my box you think they can take her down!
Also count a blue Noel since am gonna get it tomorrow & pump all blue metal dragons in it.

WHAT TEAM xD !
Also count a blue Noel since am gonna get it tomorrow & pump all blue metal dragons in it.
For poverty players there's pretty much only "the" team consisting of Chaos Dark Dragon lead, R.Keeper, Echidna, max skilled Siren, Lilith, and a friend Awoken Odin, substituting where appropriate.

xCobalt

WHAT TEAM xD !

For poverty players there's pretty much only "the" team consisting of Chaos Dark Dragon lead, R.Keeper, Echidna, max skilled Siren, Lilith, and a friend Awoken Odin, substituting where appropriate.

Pretty much this. You don't have a lillith but your Ghostring or Dark Golem would be fine.

Kreed

WHAT TEAM xD !

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=264

When ever you want to run a dungeon and are looking for team suggestions visit the site above, or pad.wikia.com (scroll to the bottom of the dungeons pages for team suggestions). If it's a brand new dungeon we've never gotten, visit the Chinese pad.wikia.com site. These sites are great for when you're stuck on a dungeon, can't Lucifer/Goemon/Horus/Kirin your way through it and you just need the right combo of monsters to pull it off.

There's a variety of teams from the link above you could run, but from your box I'd suggest:

Chaos Devil Dragon (Or Drawn Joker), Ghostring (or Lilith if you get one), Siren, Siren (if you run Drawn Joker, you could sub this out for Echidna), Rainbow Keeper.

And then you team up with a friend's Odin. The idea is to heal every turn so that Odin protects you from damage, Hera being the most dangerous and killing any monsters that attack on the same turn.

Zero_IYAD

Won't my Jester Joker do better than the Chaos Dragon since he can cut dark & water damage to half AND change orbs to hearts?

Zero_IYAD

Thanks as usual : )
I read the description & I agree with whoever wrote it!
I tried running the endless dungeon & despite what I try Venus ALWAYS ALWAYS kill me!
Am not even sure HOW to reach Neptune or Hera x_x

xCobalt

Thanks as usual : )
I read the description & I agree with whoever wrote it!
I tried running the endless dungeon & despite what I try Venus ALWAYS ALWAYS kill me!
Am not even sure HOW to reach Neptune or Hera x_x

Is your Siren max skilled? You have to be healing every turn as well as making combos to ensure you get a constant supply of orbs. If you run out of healing orbs and Siren is on cooldown, you can use Rainbow Keeper or Echidna.

Zero_IYAD

Is your Siren max skilled? You have to be healing every turn as well as making combos to ensure you get a constant supply of orbs. If you run out of healing orbs and Siren is on cooldown, you can use Rainbow Keeper or Echidna.
Yup, she's at max.
It's huge trouble for me to face strong enemies with 1 turn attacks.
I'll try the endless dungeon right now & come back with feedback.
Whoever have an Awoken Odin, please put it up for me to give it a try : )

Zero_IYAD

Will spent an hour trying that team.
1st of all a Ghostiring is a USELESS addition to the team! A poison damage of 411 is NOTHING! That's a monster space gone on nothing.
Odin has a great leader skill, but it's hard to keep up with hearts once you start facing strong 1 turn-monsters.
Plus, I gained the advantage of having Odin's skill, but I lost the ability to actually land huge damage, the team built is just weak! Takes forever to kill anything.
& now that I look at Hera's HP, she's over 2 million & a half! NO WAY that team can keep up.
In the end floor 44 killed me again.

Guess I have to buy a few stones & wait for the upcoming godfest.
It's kinda depressing with all the monsters I have to realize they're all useless when it comes to descended dungeons =__=

xCobalt

1st of all a Ghostiring is a USELESS addition to the team! A poison damage of 411 is NOTHING! That's a monster space gone on nothing.
Odin has a great leader skill, but it's hard to keep up with hearts once you start facing strong 1 turn-monsters.
Plus, I gained the advantage of having Odin's skill, but I lost the ability to actually land huge damage, the team built is just weak! Takes forever to kill anything.
& now that I look at Hera's HP, she's over 2 million & a half! NO WAY that team can keep up.

It's kinda depressing with all the monsters I have to realize they're all useless when it comes to descended dungeons =__=

The point of Ghostring is to bypass Neptune's defense. With 72,000 defense, you will be only doing 1 damage aside from the poison. You could try running your dark golem to break its defense and then activate Odin's ability to try and nuke it down. Many people have successfully used your team to beat Hera. It does take awhile but Hera is a staple for end game dungeons. For what its worth, Endless Corridor is tougher than what you encounter in Hera's dungeon. The differences in defenses has a big impact. The damage that is nullified really adds up.

Yup, I used a variation of that crappy team to beat Hera the first time (and back then, Odin sucked more, with lower stats and Gungir only doing 20x). I used a low level Lilith, doing about 300 damage per turn to beat Neptune.

Team was something like this:

-Underlord Inferno Hades (level, like, 15, for just the dark resist)
-Lilith (NOT Witch of the Night, and not even close to max level. Level 20-ish, maybe?)
-Siren the Enchanter (level 82, max skill)
-Keeper of Rainbow
-Ancient Firedragon Ardbeg (for nuking the devils)
-Awoken Odin

It was a struggle, but it got the job done eventually.

Kreed

Endless Corridor is not a good indicator for what you're be facing for Hera Descended. Besides the fact that there are way less floors, the HP/attacks are different.

But as others have said, the point of this team is to beat the dungeon without using a stone/using as little stones as possible (Ghostring is specifically for Neptune, who's defense is way too high for you to kill normally).

My first time getting Hera was with this team except I used Lilith and Chaos Devil Dragon for it's attack and I never died, but it took me at least an hour just to kill Hera (I would say the dungeon took 2-3 hours total, although I would exit the game at different times of the day). Once you get a Hera though, it will open a lot of other dungeons for you/make things a lot easier with her as a team mate so you won't have to run teams like this.

Zero_IYAD

I understand
Looks like everyone went through that hardship the 1st time getting their Hera.
For now I'll make sure to get a Succubus from the Skydragon of Darkness dungeon on Sunday & start levelling her up to get a stronger poison effect.
I'll also save at least 5 stones for that day.
Maybe I'll try evolving my 2nd mermaid & get her maxed skilled up to take Echidna's place, not sure.

But definitely a Hera is a must add to my team specially at my rank.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I understand
For now I'll make sure to get a Succubus from the Skydragon of Darkness dungeon on Sunday & start levelling her up to get a stronger poison effect.
Maybe I'll try evolving my 2nd mermaid & get her maxed skilled up to take Echidna's place, not sure.

Hera is like, "Welcome to Descended dungeons!" It's like earning your stripes...Similar to how downing your first Rainbow Keeper was a real kick in the balls.

Don't forget that this game has a massive power creep problem, too. Back in the earlier days, a lot of the dungeons that are really easy now were challenging because options were very limited.

Two Heroes, in particular, was really hard back in the day but is pretty much a joke now.

and Rainbow Keeper was a bitch before they nerfed it. I remember it took me about 2 hours to do my first Keeper.

Hera as well. Going the resist route with D/D Hades and Odin is very easy if you have an armor break sub. You just need to go super defensive with Siren + Echilada + Armor Break / Poison + RK

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Also remember that 2x events were super scarce back then, so most of the time you had to slog through two hours of R.Keeper only to not get the drop, then spend the rest of the night with some hard liquor.

Here's the Puzzle Challenge app from earlier in the day; forgot if it'll pester you for a Japanese iTunes account if you try to launch it.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14206795/PuzzChalle 1.0.ipa

Things have changed...But I don't miss the old frustration, that's for sure!

razterik

I understand

Don't worry about the succubus so much. Here's your Hera team:

Drawn Joker leader, Echidna, Siren, Light Golem, Chaos Dark Dragon, and the best friend Odin you can find. Neptune can be done with the Golem reducing defense and Odin using his active. It would be safer with Rainbow Keeper for a panic button, but the CDD will speed your damage output. It will still be a long slog and you might have to drop stones if the board turns bad.

If I was you, I would focus on getting Suzaku running. Her, Homura, Echidna, Verche or Uriel, and any green will carry you pretty far with enough levels and skillups. Eventually you will slot an Ultimate Valkyrie in there and you will be able to handle almost anything with proper matching.

Edit: Missed that you already have RK in your box. Go with that over CDD.

Any Android users experiencing battery drain issues with 5.4?

With PAD running in the background and the phone otherwise idle, my Galaxy Nexus battery dropped from 100% to 51% in about half an hour. This just started today.

razterik

Any Android users experiencing battery drain issues with 5.4?

With PAD running in the background and the phone otherwise idle, my Galaxy Nexus battery dropped from 100% to 51% in about half an hour. This just started today.

Welcome to PAD's new anticheating checks. Be glad your phone isn't on fire, heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom