• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero_IYAD

PDX says they'll give us 2000 Pal Points daily!
Does that mean we can roll the Pal Egg Machine 10 times daily? Cause I got nothing, only the 2 stones ;_; !!
Downloaded last night, officially hooked

damn you all :p

noob question, why does it always say "Leadership Skills won't activate?" when I enter a dungeon
I call dibs on your Friend Machine roll :D
Once you hit rank 20 you can pull a starter dragon by random with a friend, so both of you will get a starter dragon.
My code is in the document posted in the topic : )

Kreed

I have been thinking about strategies for Hera-Ur and just realized that I was only considering the Mythical difficulty. Legendary is a lot easier, and Hera-Ur's status guard is not preemptive on that difficulty. The drop rate is only 40% but it is an option.

The chinese wiki has a lot of options for the Legend/Mystical difficulty:

http://zh.pad.wikia.com/wiki/ヘラ・ウルズ降臨!

I'll probably run Legend since I don't have all the necessary pieces for the recommended Kirin and Horus teams on Mystical. The mystical Fire team may be doable, but since I don't have Freyr I'd have to use Fire Tyrannos and sub in Flame Archer for one of the other team members (probably the toy dragon or Mastering).

Also the new dark/red dragon in the technical dungeon would be perfect for this in place of Red/Dark Minerva.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
You know what's more fun than grinding down Valk until you can gravity + gravity + Luci her?

Everything. Everything is more fun than this.

massoluk

Banned
Bah, I didn't know there was a trick to get the egg with the color I want. Now I have another green noel dragon :\

Also jumped right in to try and get the Goddess with

Persephone - Leader
Lucifer
Siren
Awoken Hera
Awoken Hera
Lucifer - Friend

Poor choice, should have used Friend Hades or Hera-Is, I bet I didn't really need a stone, ended up losing 4. (Dat "just one more turn, it's so close, can't let the stone already spent go to waste). Goddess didn't even drop. T_T

Jiraiza

I wish they would nerf Lucifer already, it's pretty annoying seeing all the Lucifer people add each other while I'm stuck looking for a decent Light helper with no responses. God damn, so unfair.

On that note, someone with a LD Raphael or SoD Apollo (at least 60+) help me!

raiot

You can add me, I have a light dominion raphael but only level 17... I never use him, but if you need him to clear valkyrie... i could push him to 45 or so...

Jiraiza

You can add me, I have a light dominion raphael but only level 17... I never use him, but if you need him to clear valkyrie... i could push him to 45 or so...

Eh, if you don't plan on using him, you don't have to do that.

But in case you do that anyway,

Excor@PGvg

mercviper

Lucifer teams aren't fun to play imo. No reason to nerf them.

Tried Mythical with my Goemon team now that I fed RGG my old Noel for an immediate 67 levels after evolving Gigas. With 20k hp, 7k team fire damage and 1100 rcv, I figure I'm good for stalling and the rcv is low enough I can handle a random heart match or two if I manipulate my hp low enough. Once I get to valk's floor I need to make the equivalent of 20 red orb matches before 4 turns are up to kill her. Each Goemon active is at least 7.75 worth of red matches, so really it's 5 red matches over 2 turns, with 3 orb changers to help that happen.

Entered Valk's floor with all skills charged, 49!! hp and ready to rock some shit. Well, all the board orbs were blue/dark/green and I only have Titans and a Chiyome to change colors so I use a Goemon active for the first 7.75 matches I need made. Randomly match 5 hearts which alone still won't put me over my 4k threshold. Unfortunately, this cascades into yet another heart match and combos enough to put me at 6k hp. -_- GG my perfect run ruined. #Goemonproblems

Really sucked to stare at Valk sitting at 25% hp while 3 turns ticked down, unable to finish her off. I did manage to heal back up to 17k and survive her next hit for a second chance with my other Goemon active. This time there were no heart matches afterward, but it didn't cascade enough to finish her off. I would've needed Anubis levels of luck for that to happen. Really feel bad I didn't farm Phoenix when I had the chance now. Gonna have to hope Legend Hera-Ur drops instead. Looking at her dungeon, Legend seems doable whereas Mythical looks like I have the same chance at beating it as I do getting a skillup on a 2x event.

J. Bravo

Ok I decided to stick with hatsume as my starter. Is now a good time to use my magic rocks?

Also it would be great if everyone that has space added me. My id is 361,365,296.

mercviper

Ok I decided to stick with hatsume as my starter. Is now a good time to use my magic rocks?

Also it would be great if everyone that has space added me. My id is 361,365,296.

Should always wait for a godfest before pulling REM with stones. Next one starts in 35 hours and has a few decent ones. Neptune, Hades, Amaterasu, Orochi.

Jiraiza

What leaders beside those 2 are you using, I have a wide selection which I could put up

I don't have any other leader that could possibly survive Valkyrie other than Raphael. I do have a Metatron but I don't have a healer team to use her with.

1b84dd31-59bb-4b72-8ef7-41d65e439ea6.jpg

So I'm nearing 200 days and my only good pulls have been Hades, Orochi, and Hades. Yes, two Hades. They're useful, but I don't have a good dark leader to help them out. I'm reluctant to pull during this godfest because if I get another Hades so help me...

Otherwise I've pulled 3 Shaitans and like a dozen damned golems seriously why are they even in the rare egg machine theyarentevenraregoddammit but I digress.

raiot

Hm, how do you plan to beat valkyrie? I don't see Zeus or any Nuker... Even with a good raphael your in for a LOOOOONG grind!

mercviper

Oh i thought that was what going on now with the extra chances for light monsters.

Nah that's just the current REM event. The normal REM events cycle through the colors of monsters with a 2x bonus, but Godfest is specifically gods only, and those particular gods gain a 3x bonus of appearing in the machine. If a god happens to be listed in the color event as well, then it's a 6x bonus. The REM will also indicate when a godfest is live with some subtext on the button itself.

Oh i thought that was what going on now with the extra chances for light monsters.
There is always some sort of "carnival" going on that boosts the chance of a monster element, which includes a lot of trash mobs. Godfests are much rarer and specifically triple the hit rate of ~14 God type monsters.

I don't have any other leader that could possibly survive Valkyrie other than Raphael. I do have a Metatron but I don't have a healer team to use her with.

1b84dd31-59bb-4b72-8ef7-41d65e439ea6.jpg

You will eventually be able to do Valk with either an Astaroth or Gabriel lead and a bunch of farmable monsters (well not the Drawn Joker), just not right now.

Jiraiza

There is always some sort of "carnival" going on that boosts the chance of a monster element, which includes a lot of trash mobs. Godfests are much rarer and specifically triple the hit rate of ~14 God type monsters.

You will eventually be able to do Valk with either an Astaroth or Gabriel lead and a bunch of farmable monsters (well not the Drawn Joker), just not right now.

I'm pretty sure I can do it with Raphael, I just, you know, need another Raphael or even Apollo (has to be a a high level). Unfortunately, the one friend who had a max LD Raphael has gone MIA for 6 days and even switched his leader to Hades, fuck.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Valk down, Valk get! Now I can put a Valk lead with Valk sub! Woo!

Nah that's just the current REM event. The normal REM events cycle through the colors of monsters with a 2x bonus, but Godfest is specifically gods only, and those particular gods gain a 3x bonus of appearing in the machine. If a god happens to be listed in the color event as well, then it's a 6x bonus. The REM will also indicate when a godfest is live with some subtext on the button itself.

According to GungHo Facebook group, if a God overlaps a festival, it does NOT receive a boost. Just FYI. If this is true (if the translation was correct I guess), then that's sort of shitty.

StMeph

I'm pretty sure I can do it with Raphael, I just, you know, need another Raphael or even Apollo (has to be a a high level). Unfortunately, the one friend who had a max LD Raphael has gone MIA for 6 days and even switched his leader to Hades, fuck.

The problem isn't surviving, the problem is your lack of burst damage. Valkyrie will use Resurrection back to full HP when she's below 50% with no limit to the usage of this ability, unlike others who usually only use it once.

raiot

The problem isn't surviving, the problem is your lack of burst damage. Valkyrie will use Resurrection back to full HP when she's below 50% with no limit to the usage of this ability, unlike others who usually only use it once.

WRONG

All monsters have some sort of "Mana"

Valkyire Legend can resurrect 1 time, Valkyire Mythical can resurrect 3 times!

xCobalt

Valk on Legend only resurrects once.

mercviper

According to GungHo Facebook group, if a God overlaps a festival, it does NOT receive a boost. Just FYI. If this is true (if the translation was correct I guess), then that's sort of shitty.

Really? That is pretty shitty. It should at least it'll still get the 30 levels the carnival provides though.

Jiraiza

Except I'm not doing Mythical.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Only one use on Legend. On Mythical, I think it's infinite.

linsivvi

Wikia says this about both Mythical and Legend:

Resurrection Heal 100%.
HP50%↓:100% use. 3 times max. If Gleipnir is used, can only use once.

I just put up my max level LDR and sent you an invite. Good luck!

I don't know what to do about my Noel Dragon. I'm considering just taking whichever one i get and feeding it to Ra, but that feels like a waste of 500k EXP. Another option would be to specifically go after Red/Green and level up Hera-Ur/Zeus-Dios once they are evolved. Not sure if I'll be prioritizing Hera-Ur though since Horus basically has her skill already. Other red options are Minerva, Kagutsuchi, RG Gigas, or maybe Goemon. I always get so stressed dealing with lots of EXP...
Gotta catch 'em all! My red and green ones are useless, since I have Uriel and Michael, but I'll be damned if I ever feed away something that rare. =(

As for Hera-Ur, it looks like I'll be taking--as usual--the Lucifer approach. Hopefully I can tank through with 70k HP (as opposed to tubegameplayer's ridiculous 80k+ and +297 on everything).

massoluk

Banned
You know.. screw this goddess descended, I'll wait until I get another gravity monster to do a one hit KO. This isn't worth it. 10 stones, no goddess.

You both are gentlemen and scholars. Will report back in 2~ hours, lol.
I'm not sure what team you're running, but I'd like to recommend you adding Astaroth (or Anubis, if you have him) to it. Valk hits hard, so you can counter hard. Might shave a few minutes/stones off the fight. =)

Anyone pulling for tomorrow's godfest? I'm thinking the original Roman gods are all still useful as dupes (and I don't have Venus or Ceres anyway), and I don't have any Odin or Metatron. It's just the Japanese gods that can troll.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm not sure what team you're running, but I'd like to recommend you adding Astaroth (or Anubis, if you have him) to it. Valk hits hard, so you can counter hard. Might shave a few minutes/stones off the fight. =)

Anyone pulling for tomorrow's godfest? I'm thinking the original Roman gods are all still useful as dupes (and I don't have Venus or Ceres anyway), and I don't have any Odin or Metatron. It's just the Japanese gods that can troll.

Counter is only around 55k un-resisted. It was sort of lackluster.

Regarding the God Fest, I will likely not pull. I want a Neptune, but that's like, the only thing I want or need. Not worth the inevitable trolling.

Counter is only around 55k un-resisted. It was sort of lackluster.

Regarding the God Fest, I will likely not pull. I want a Neptune, but that's like, the only thing I want or need. Not worth the inevitable trolling.
55k is a lot when you're running a 4/1/4 team. And that's just countering Double Splash. Valkyrie Blade hits much harder (39005 on Mythical), so countering that yields 117k. Double that up if Anubis is countering. That's not too shabby for a 4/1/4 team that doesn't have Lucifer.

Oh, speaking of Lucifer, the shitty one (Fallen Lucifer) is actually pretty good against Valk, too, since he can dole out 300k without dropping your HP.

razterik

Not sure where you saw this, but all empirical evidence points to the contrary. Bonus does stack, so 3x chance becomes 6x if the carnival matches. There has even been 7x and 9x chances when the weekly festival has been something special.

Edit: Just saw the post you were referencing. Even if that is correct, there has to be some sort of overlap, because Godfest pull lists visibly lean towards certain monsters that match up with the festivals. Strange that they claim otherwise.

Zero_IYAD

Posting this again, are they giving us 2000 pal points daily cause that means 10 pulls on the Pal Egg Machine & I didn't get that at all today!

Zero_IYAD

My bad, didn't notice the dates.
That'll be great! 50 pulls in total & might give some super king metal dragons : )

Am shooting for the upcoming godfest with 5 pulls..
Hope I end up with some greco-roman gods :|

Man, is SOD Luci potent. I was able to clear Legend-difficulty Valk dungeon using Loki/Luci (Subs: Hera, Hera-Is, RK, Siren). HP ~ 25K.

Smooth sailing the entire way through, except for the very end, where I didn't pay attention to Valk's health. I got her to just below 40% and she one shotted me her attack that does 28K damage. Meh. Burned a stone to continue then finished her off with grav, grav, morning star. No drop, but it's okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom