• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flambe

Hey folks, newbie here. I have lvl 23 but basically just a dark team with Vampire Lord as my leader and some generic dudes along with him (black knight, shaitan, evolved carbuncle, etc)

Just wondering if I should reroll and go for a better first drop. I'm getting stuck on Fire Forest Nerva already, or is this a normal place to have to start grinding..

Thanks for replies and help =]

Kreed

Just finished the first new dragon technical/got the drop. Not that difficult since the metal/jewel dragons provide plenty of time for you to stall between the Carbuncle and Rainbow Keeper/Dragon rounds and get your skills ready.

The drops in these dungeons are nice though. Besides all 5 colors of Pengdras being offered, they are already maxed when you get them so you don't have to feed them and the dungeons also drop the jewel/metal dragons they need to evolve (different colors however, example this dungeon dropped blue jewel dragons and green Pengdras), so at that point you only need plants. And as a bonus all the Keepers except Rainbow are farmable here.

Rekwest

Hey folks, newbie here. I have lvl 23 but basically just a dark team with Vampire Lord as my leader and some generic dudes along with him (black knight, shaitan, evolved carbuncle, etc)

Just wondering if I should reroll and go for a better first drop. I'm getting stuck on Fire Forest Nerva already, or is this a normal place to have to start grinding..

Thanks for replies and help =]

Tower of Giants/Fire Forest Nerva is the first wall that people hit, but Vamp Lord and Shaitan are extremely poor first rolls. Try rerolling?

ccbfan

Looking to get a 2nd Valk since I have 15 orange porings left.

Which is the better team

Team 1

Dark Starter
Hera
Hera-IS
Joker
RK

best helper Lucifer.

or

Team 2

Dark Starter
Hera
Hera-IS
Siren(Max skilled)
RK

best helper Lucifer.

Team one has like 2.5K more hp and like 100 more RCV but Team 2 has a max skilled siren.

razterik

How to get Awoken skills: feed exact duplicates
http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/130830_kakusei.html

It's a 100% proc rate, at least.

At least you don't have to level them up first? =(

Disappointing. I was hoping for weird fusion combos or new strange dungeons with goofy drops. Of course they take the lazy and most expensive option instead. I don't think they can even accommodate those of us who have already fed dupes for skillups, either.

Pacman2k

At least you don't have to level them up first? =(

Disappointing. I was hoping for weird fusion combos or new strange dungeons with goofy drops. Of course they take the lazy and most expensive option instead. I don't think they can even accommodate those of us who have already fed dupes for skillups, either.

Yep. I instantly feel like an idiot for cannibalizing my dupes for skillups now.

linsivvi

How to get Awoken skills: feed exact duplicates
http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/130830_kakusei.html

It's a 100% proc rate, at least.

Not just dupes. Apparently there are special "awoken material" monsters that can be fed too.

Edit: The worst part about feeding dupes is that they need to be of the same evolution status too. So good luck trying to raise the awoken levels of ultimately evolved heart breakers. Will remain to be seen how to obtain these awoken materials but that seems to be the way to go.

Edit2: So the materials can be obtained in the metal/jewel dragon dungeons and from pal eggs. It's not too bad.

Limit

With the arrival of new technical dungeon I am finally being forced to take on Tower of windy woods type of dungeons where the only colored monster types you are allowed to bring have their colored orbs missing. Such a pain.

linsivvi

10 free stones!

■①Daily Log-in Bonuses
2 Daily Free Magic Stones [8/30 4:00 AM- 9/3]
※Magic Stones will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PDT) the following day.
2,000 Daily Pal Points [9/4 4:00 AM - 9/8]
※Pal Points will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PDT) the following day.

■② Special Event Dungeon Schedule:
8/30 - The Goddess Descended!
8/31 - Dragon Guardian
9/1 - Zeus Descended!
9/2 - Sword of Flames
9/3 - Heroes Descended
9/4 - ???? Descended!
9/5 - Lightless Devils' Nest
9/6 - Hera Descended
9/7 - Hera-Is Descended!
9/8 - Hera-Ur Descended!
※9/4 A powerful deity returns. Who will it be...

■③ As a special thank you for the 20 million worldwide downloads, we will also be opening a special limited Dungeon.
The 20M DL Dungeon features a rare and useful Snow Globe Dragon. Make sure to grab yours! [8/30 – 9/8](can only be run once)

■④ Awesome Daily Bonuses
2x King appearance rates for the Metal/Gold and Jewel Dragons
[We will also have special visits from the Super King Dragons - (including an invasion from one of the Jeweled Super Kings) and the Pengdra Village!]
2x Drops for special daily Dungeons
1.5x Coins for the Weekend Tricolor Dungeon
2x Skill Up rate
King Metal Dragons at the Pal Egg Machine

■⑤ We've also permanently added the evolved 3-star Pengdra to the Pal Egg Machine!

1150149_683726974989231_787155988_n.jpg
I need Hades so is now a good time to use my 35 stones.

raiot

Here are the correct codes for your Noel Dragons.
Like I said before, just do no-match orb swaps until you see the emote, kill the egg if it has the right emote, quit the dungeon if you want another color!

Thanks for playing! Present Egg (Fire)
20M DL and rising... Present Egg (Water)
20,000,000DL!! Present Egg (Wood)

Got blue noel on the first try!
Lucky, I wasted 40 stamina to get my red Noel. Now I don't really know what to do with it? I could add it to my mono red team as a leader for the leader skill or keep my starter dragon for its leader skill and just have the Noel be in the team. Suggestions? Will castle of Satan tell you there are mystic knights, or will we just have to guess when it starts?

linsivvi

Lucky, I wasted 40 stamina to get my red Noel. Now I don't really know what to do with it? I could add it to my mono red team as a leader for the leader skill or keep my starter dragon for its leader skill and just have the Noel be in the team. Suggestions? Will castle of Satan tell you there are mystic knights, or will we just have to guess when it starts?

There will be times you want the hp over attack, so keep it and level it to max, it doesn't take much.

There won't be mystic knights at the castle of Satan this time. It was a mistake.

J0dy77

Here are the correct codes for your Noel Dragons.
Like I said before, just do no-match orb swaps until you see the emote, kill the egg if it has the right emote, quit the dungeon if you want another color!

Thanks for playing! Present Egg (Fire)
20M DL and rising... Present Egg (Water)
20,000,000DL!! Present Egg (Wood)

Thanks!! Came looking for this. I had to restart 8 freaking times to get the blue. Real annoying.

Limit

Does Gung - Ho have any history of hiding which of descended dungeons is coming in their dungeon schedule? Kind of strange. Anyways, it is most likely Zeus Dios again. But Satan, Draggie, orTengui are also a possibility given that their pages are now completely translated. Satan would be most preferable for me as it would make it easy for me to play around with a Goemon team at Starlight Sanctuary.

Kreed

Does Gung - Ho have any history of hiding which of descended dungeons is coming in their dungeon schedule? Kind of strange. Anyways, it is most likely Zeus Dios again. But Satan, Draggie, orTengui are also a possibility given that their pages are now completely translated. Satan would be most preferable for me as it would make it easy for me to play around with a Goemon team at Starlight Sanctuary.

It's gotta be Zeus Dios again since the description says "※9/4 A powerful deity returns. Who will it be...".

Jagernaut

■② Special Event Dungeon Schedule: 
8/30 - The Goddess Descended! 
8/31 - Dragon Guardian 
9/1 - Zeus Descended! 
9/2 - Sword of Flames 
9/3 - Heroes Descended 
9/4 - ???? Descended! 
9/5 - Lightless Devils' Nest 
9/6 - Hera Descended 
9/7 - Hera-Is Descended! 
9/8 - Hera-Ur Descended! 
※9/4 A powerful deity returns. Who will it be... 

Sword of Flames is the Mystic Flame Knight dungeon so you can get one on Monday.

J0dy77

Why dont you take Horus/Ra? Ras active Skill kills Ifrit in 1 shot...

Very good point!! Tubegame uses Ra in most of the videos he has but as a team member. Kept thinking, damn I wish I had a Ra sub. Need more coffee lol.

Thinking about it a bit more, wouldn't Kirin's skill wipe him as well?

StMeph

From reading the links, it seems like Awakened skill work more like +eggs. 100% chance, stackable, and transferrable, provided the recipient may receive the skills. There was also a list of all the monsters getting Awakened skills, but not what any of them are getting. Any word on when that might appear?

Most looking forward to Hera-Ur. Will have to come up with a team, but probably Goemon, as I don't see anyone with pre-emptive attacks.

Jagernaut

From reading the links, it seems like Awakened skill work more like +eggs. 100% chance, stackable, and transferrable, provided the recipient may receive the skills. There was also a list of all the monsters getting Awakened skills, but not what any of them are getting. Any word on when that might appear?

Most looking forward to Hera-Ur. Will have to come up with a team, but probably Goemon, as I don't see anyone with pre-emptive attacks.

According to PadGuide, stage 2 has a 11,986 preemptive attack and stage 4 has a 10,570 preemptive attack.

Edit. These numbers are for Mythical, Legend is 6,425 for stage 2 and 5,666 for stage 4.

Jagernaut

I have been thinking about strategies for Hera-Ur and just realized that I was only considering the Mythical difficulty. Legendary is a lot easier, and Hera-Ur's status guard is not preemptive on that difficulty. The drop rate is only 40% but it is an option.

Dunlop

Downloaded last night, officially hooked

damn you all :p

noob question, why does it always say "Leadership Skills won't activate?" when I enter a dungeon

suko_32

I finally got a Valkyrie. Finally.

Had to use one stone though.

Edit: Skill lv. 5 with 12 of those Light slimes left. Have to wait because she's now maxed level at her basic form.

I don't know what to do about my Noel Dragon. I'm considering just taking whichever one i get and feeding it to Ra, but that feels like a waste of 500k EXP. Another option would be to specifically go after Red/Green and level up Hera-Ur/Zeus-Dios once they are evolved. Not sure if I'll be prioritizing Hera-Ur though since Horus basically has her skill already. Other red options are Minerva, Kagutsuchi, RG Gigas, or maybe Goemon. I always get so stressed dealing with lots of EXP...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom