• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

razterik

So, got a second blue Noel. Already have green and red angels, so didn't need those. Now trying to decide where it should go. Options are to max level WR Valkyrie or take Kirin to 65 (saves farming the light exp for one). I could also max out Hera Is, Orochi, or put Siegfried up to 90. I have full teams for all of these, although Orochi rarely gets put on anything lately. Any opinions?

muu

Didn't know Valkyrie's shield deflects Turn-delay skills as well. There goes 50 stamina and 3 stones for continues...

Jiraiza

Reporting back 3 hours later...

Valkyrie did not drop.

Someone kill me.

How long does it take for me to use someone that's 200 levels higher than me again? I will rage if I can't get Valkyrie today.

Reporting back 3 hours later...

Valkyrie did not drop.

Someone kill me.

How long does it take for me to use someone that's 200 levels higher than me again? I will rage if I can't get Valkyrie today.
Okay. I just refreshed and also replied to your in-game message. I think the minimum time for huge rank discrepancies is 1hr from the time of my refresh.

Guys...the one thing about the descended dungeons is : they will always come back. I know I waited about 2-3 times before tackling Valk the last time she came around.

turnbuckle

Control+F on first page for "angelion"

no results.

fuck me.

I've re-rolled now about 45 times. I really need to just root this damned phone.

Cool thanks. Time to set up a comfy environment.

Guess I'll wait for you to put up Raphael again, :x.
Aw, sorry. I left it up for a bit, but I didn't know if you had entered the dungeon yet. I'm doing a run in one of the new tech dungeons. But I'll put Raph back up after.

Edit: Okay, he's up.

Limit

I have a spare Isis sitting around on a secondary account that I backed up with Helium on Android. Any new user wants it? This account was never used. You will start with the dungeon right after the intro one.

Can you see awakening skills anywhere? I see the list of monsters on puzzledragonx.com but not what the actual abilities are.

Still don't know much about them. I imagine we'll find out some more info either on Monday when the weekly Nico Douga show airs or after 6.0 actually hits in Japan.

Scratch

well seeing as kenshin hasn't dropped for me on a 40% drop rate 7 times, i'd say i deserve having valk drop on my first legend run.

ran it with poverty team of

SOD Lucifer x2
RK x3
Enchantress of the Sea, Siren

0 stone ez. now looking forward to
not
getting hera-is/ur

Kunohara

Hey guys, the game is finally available in Canada, so I've started playing. Just finished the tutorial, and looking for some friends. My name in-game is Kunohara and my ID is 381,865,299. Please add me, thanks.

SaintR

Any SOD lucifer users in the house ATM? I keep one shotting the masks with Horus/Kirin even when I'm not trying too. Did it 3 times already. Just going to grind mythical if anyone willing to throw up Sod lucifer.
My ID is 330 447 209

lordcyno

Any SOD lucifer users in the house ATM? I keep one shotting the masks with Horus/Kirin even when I'm not trying too. Did it 3 times already. Just going to grind mythical if anyone willing to throw up Sod lucifer.
My ID is 330 447 209

sent you an invite

maks

I gotta skip Goddess Descended this time. Don't have a Lucifer or any gravity monsters. I do think I am ready to tackle Heroes Descended and Hera. Pretty sure that will prepare me for these other descends =)

Jiraiza

So like, that Valkyrie run took 5 hours this time and it didn't drop again.

Should I jump off my balcony?

Also, I'd like your Raphael one last time George, :3.

BetaTester

Neo Member
PDX 30 Aug Update
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/

- To celebrate 20 million downloads of Puzzle and Dragons, PDX is releasing its first theme picture: "Freyja the Goddess of Gaia"
( Illustrated and authorized by Sakurano Ruu, Thanks! ) You can switch the theme picture in your member profile.

We will release more theme pictures depending on user feedback, so please let us know if you like it!

- Simulator is now supporting the new Japanese gods and Ragnarok Odyssey Ace.

- The Awaken System, Awaken monster list are displayed in the news section.

- The stats of all monsters in all dungeons have been updated. Thanks to Cel, UPC.

- On the individual dungeon pages, a key for skill icons and descriptions is now shown.

lol how many points or monster usage do you get in a day?

You could just switch leaders as soon as Jiraiza enters the dungeon.
Well today, my +297 SoD Luci was getting massive usage ... when he wasn't swapped out for Raph. ;P I think it must be a combination of people running Valkyrie and the new tech dungeons. Luci works well for both.

I'm just kidding with Jiraiza though. I'm happy to help a fellow Gaffer. A few Pal pulls is no big deal. I generate them pretty quickly. I actually hit my 200 friend limit today, and was surprised when I couldn't add another friend. I haven't had to cull my list in a while, but I finally had to cut some peeps who haven't played in over 3 weeks.

Jiraiza

Well today, my +297 SoD Luci was getting massive usage ... when he wasn't swapped out for Raph. ;P I think it must be a combination of people running Valkyrie and the new tech dungeons. Luci works well for both.

I'm just kidding with Jiraiza though. I'm happy to help a fellow Gaffer. A few Pal pulls is no big deal. I generate them pretty quickly. I actually hit my 200 friend limit today, and was surprised when I couldn't add another friend. I haven't had to cull my list in a while, but I finally had to cut some peeps who haven't played in over 3 weeks.

I'm in the dungeon now so feel free to switch it up!

The last and final run of the day, here's hoping she decides to be mine this time. Third time's a charm right?

Jiraiza

Okay, last time George. After doing two runs of Valkyrie totaling about 8 hours, I think I lost my mind thinking replacing Verche with a Lightning Holy Dragon for 20k every 15 turns was a good idea.

Dropping the dungeon and restarting... (I can't do it, it'll take until morning or something to finish at the rate I'm going).

I will write your name in my personal history of BFFs for video games.

Oh I get the feeling George is done for the night so I'll just go with a 60 Raphael and leave my game in the dungeon until the morning. I am totally sick of this dungeon.

Can Hera-Ur be beaten by Odin/Ama on Legend? Because looking at the page on PDX it seems like you could clear it with those leaders.
I read you could. Here's a dude who did: http://ggftw.com/forum/game-discussion/118764-iphone-android-puzzle-dragons-96.html#post1823703

I should note that he also has Bahamut and some EVA collab monster that we can't get, but otherwise his team doesn't seem all that special. I have no idea if used stones or how many he used, though.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure his Ama is level 99, +99 RCV, as well.

Kreed

I read you could. Here's a dude who did: http://ggftw.com/forum/game-discussion/118764-iphone-android-puzzle-dragons-96.html#post1823703

I should note that he also has Bahamut and some EVA collab monster that we can't get, but otherwise his team doesn't seem all that special. I have no idea if used stones or how many he used, though.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure his Ama is level 99, +99 RCV, as well.

Bahamut could be replaced with the Groove Coaster UFO, but the EVA collab monster with Shinji & Kaworu is essentially water Lucifer (300K water attack to one enemy that drops your HP to 1, so 600K damage to Hera-Ur). That's not easily replaced, even with normal Lucifer/another gravity user.

turnbuckle

Didn't somebody in this thread ragequit from PAD about two weeks ago on Android? Wonder if he's still willing to give up his account

You can do that?

I've re-rolled another 20 times since my last post and the best roll I got was a Genie. Lots and lots of *** monsters in the process.

It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to update (255 updates now) every time I re-roll, or if there weren't all those prompts in the tutorial. FML lol

- edit -

About to re-roll again. Let's see....

Succubus. Again. Seriously!?!?!?!?!? hahaha all I can do is laugh now

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Today's event is very lackluster. I guess I'll farm Ocean of Heaven for masks. Or make progress on Tech dungeons since I still can't field a reliable Zeus team for Starlight Sanctuary.

E: For anyone consdiering rolling during the upcoming God fest, I suggest you read this. Someone in the PAD group on Facebook wrote this up. And really, for the most part, I completely agree with it.

tl;dr - save your stones unless you're a heavy IAP player and want to toy with lady luck.

Facebook group said:
So we have a godfest coming up,

Just giving y'all a heads up to not try so hard for them, they're mostly just trying to peddle out older stuff that people see users using and therefore want them. But they're not as amazing as they used to be with new Japanese/other stuff around the corner.

Kagu = Cool for faming/attack/dragon. Still luxury monster.

Orochi = Good Delay; zombie is mostly dead, echidna can be max skilled now, New japanese can do 11 turn 1 delay.

Susanoo = New Japanese can do even more defense (75%), and we STILL can't max skill in Us.

Ama = Odin/Ama kinda dead now that everyone and their grandma can do x3-x5

Yomi = Still pretty useless until new passive skills.

Non Inapp: Orochi > Ama > Susanoo > Kagu > Yomi

Inapp: Orochi > Ama > Kagu > Susanoo > Yomi

Heavy Inapp: Kagu > Orochi > Susanoo > Yomi > Ama

---------------------------

Neptune = Love mine, but wouldn't roll for one. The really necessary times you need them are as lead and you can just use helpers. Luxury monster.

Ceres = Ok healer member, awesome asty/luci member.

Venus = Overrated Healer member. Have a max one, and love it, but most people act like a healer team can't even function without her when a second valk is even more useful most time.

Hades = Everyone wants one, but the truth is Hera/Hera Ice are amazing enough that it's a Luxury Monster. Enough ultis are out there that egyptian doesn't really suffer without it either.

Minerva = Pretty and cool. Useless. Still can't skill her up. But people still insist she's ok. Rare lead.

Non inapp: Neptune > Venus > Ceres > Hades > minerva

Inapp: Ceres > Venus > Neptune > hades > minerva

Heavy inapp: Ceres > Neptune > Venus > Hades > Minerva

---------------

Green odin = Not as cool as he used to be. Still safe. Balance uses now.

Blue Odin = Athena wounded him, new Japanese god is Light (no weakness), 3.5 when hp is full I think AND skill is 1.5 more god dmg, so he's back to the gutter.

Light Tron = Want her! Total Luxury monster. Pretty and cool but still premptive strike useless.

Dark Tron = Overhyped, can be cool, mostly need to be inapp for luxury builds, skill is good as luxury skill too.

Green odin/Dark Tron > Light tron > Blue odin

These 4 are super rare, don't bother rolling for them, just be glad if you ever get one.

-----------------

Over all: Orochi > Neptune/Hades/Kagu > 4 super rares > Else

-----------------

So my Assessement is this god fest is worth 3-4 rolls, not more.

This is all just my personal opinion, some people will think otherwise, some will defend the monster they love, and some believe the "heart of the cards" will aid them...

G'luck and remember, bills/life > pad rolls, and the house always wins.

Zero_IYAD

Today's event is very lackluster. I guess I'll farm Ocean of Heaven for masks. Or make progress on Tech dungeons since I still can't field a reliable Zeus team for Starlight Sanctuary.

E: For anyone consdiering rolling during the upcoming God fest, I suggest you read this. Someone in the PAD group on Facebook wrote this up. And really, for the most part, I completely agree with it.

tl;dr - save your stones unless you're a heavy IAP player and want to toy with lady luck.

Guess we all agree with that.
Yet people like me with a weak team built still in a dire need for a Green Odin/ Neptune/ Hades/ Orochi -for a mono-water team-/ Ama

So yeah, I do agree, 3-5 rolls is more than enough.
If you really wanna blow it wait for a fest like the last one we had, with Luci & strong gods.
The only good thing about the current fest is that it contains some really good subs, the question is, how lucky are you getting even 1 in these 3-5 rolls?

quin

I got Umisachi & Yamasachi, Kushinada and Ame-no-Uzume today!!

Kushinada needs a 20 combo to get 10x attack though. Outside of 3 color dungeons I don't see that happening too often. It is nice that hearts and colors not in your party count though

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Should I pull in today's Godfest if the only god I have right now is Horus?

Honestly, Horus is top tier. Orochi would be nice, but if you've got Echidna...And Hades is cool, but Hera is farmable and still incredible.

If you're tight with rolls, I'd save for the next big Fest.

Okay, last time George. After doing two runs of Valkyrie totaling about 8 hours, I think I lost my mind thinking replacing Verche with a Lightning Holy Dragon for 20k every 15 turns was a good idea.

Dropping the dungeon and restarting... (I can't do it, it'll take until morning or something to finish at the rate I'm going).

I will write your name in my personal history of BFFs for video games.

Oh I get the feeling George is done for the night so I'll just go with a 60 Raphael and leave my game in the dungeon until the morning. I am totally sick of this dungeon.
Yeah. I checked out before seeing your messages. Did you ever get Valk?

That's actually a very good write-up. I mostly agree with it. And before I even read the breakdowns for IAP players, I already was thinking that Kagu was more useful for heavy IAPers and useless for non-IAPers, since its whole appeal is quick farming with stamina refreshes. But really, this Godfest is pretty much skippable by all levels of players unless you really want some of these monsters. None of them are essential for any of the best teams anymore. I personally haven't used any of these monsters for a while now, except for Hades, but he's replaceable with farmable monsters. Oh actually I'm using Blue Odin on my Luci team to break the Jewel Dragons' armor in the new tech dungeons since he now has a Dark sub. But he's not essential either. For heavy IAPers, the only really enticing God is Kagu, but it's not essential.

I have 35 Stones saved. Non IAP player. I have my lucifer and all I need to complete my darkteam is a hades/hera. I see what they mean by not needing a hades since you can get hera but what else do I spend these stones on? Shouldn't I just say screw it and go for hades?
6YliXn9.jpg

Pacman2k

Whats the word on Hera Ur teams? All the teams descriptions are in japanese on the wiki

:(

I was thinking I'd roll Horus/Ra in there, but that 10 turn blue bind would cause an issue...

Maybe Horus/Horus? Accept the blue bind and just keep hitting her with 16x and hope to not die?

razterik

I have 35 Stones saved. Non IAP player. I have my lucifer and all I need to complete my darkteam is a hades/hera. I see what they mean by not needing a hades since you can get hera but what else do I spend these stones on? Shouldn't I just say screw it and go for hades?

Chance to roll Hades in 7 rolls is probably like 2%. Just pick up Hera in her dungeon instead and save yourself the pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom