• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreed

Today's event is very lackluster. I guess I'll farm Ocean of Heaven for masks. Or make progress on Tech dungeons since I still can't field a reliable Zeus team for Starlight Sanctuary.

E: For anyone consdiering rolling during the upcoming God fest, I suggest you read this. Someone in the PAD group on Facebook wrote this up. And really, for the most part, I completely agree with it.

tl;dr - save your stones unless you're a heavy IAP player and want to toy with lady luck.

I agree with the overall message, but I disagree with some of the write ups. Particularly the "new Japanese god" comparisons. Susanoo's 50% block is for 5 turns vs 1 turn of 75%, and Orochi's delay is for 5 turns vs 1 turn (and we all know how difficult it is to max skill an Echidna). There are definitely better gods you can roll for so for people trying to save stones I'd skip this godfest and wait for a godfest with the Angels/Egyptians/Chinese gods, but the writer is underestimating how useful Hades, Neptune, Susanoo, Odin (I "like" how the author brings up the new Japanese gods, but completely ignores the awoken skills Odin will be getting), Amaterasu, and Orochi are on a lot of teams/farming builds, even for some of the farmable gods he mentions in the write up.

Should I pull in today's Godfest if the only god I have right now is Horus?

I know you mentioned skipping this Godfest, but as a side note alot of Horus team recommendations you'll find use Susanoo, Hades, Ceres, and Orochi as subs. So at some point, you will want these monsters (until Gungho provides more alternative monsters to replace these guys), but in the mean time skip this one if you're trying to save stones.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So what do I do with all my stones? Storage?

Storage or save for the next Fest.

I agree with the overall message, but I disagree with some of the write ups. Particularly the "new Japanese god" comparisons. Susanoo's 50% block is for 5 turns vs 1 turn of 75%, and Orochi's delay is for 5 turns vs 1 turn (and we all know how difficult it is to max skill an Echidna). There are definitely better gods you can roll for so for people trying to save stones I'd skip this godfest and wait for a godfest with the Angels/Egyptians/Chinese gods, but the writer is underestimating how useful Hades, Neptune, Susanoo, Odin (I "like" how the author brings up the new Japanese gods, but completely ignores the awoken skills Odin will be getting), Amaterasu, and Orochi are on a lot of teams/farming builds, even for some of the farmable gods he mentions in the write up.

I know you mentioned skipping this Godfest, but as a side note alot of Horus team recommendations you'll find use Susanoo, Hades, Ceres, and Orochi as subs. So at some point, you will want these monsters (until Gungho provides more alternative monsters to replace these guys), but in the mean time skip this one if you're trying to save stones.

I don't 100% agree with the author of that post, but there are other pieces of information worth mentioning.

Susanoo is a good God to have, no doubt. His comparison is a bit off there. I have mine and enjoy what he brings to the table, especially for my Egyptian team.

Orochi is just OK. His delay is better than Echidna, but you CAN farm and skillup an Echidna - something you cannot do with an Orochi. I have a max skill Echidna, as do a bunch of GAF folks. The usefulness of her quick delay and the ability to "farm" her for free is what makes Orochi a luxury monster in my opinion.

I'm curious as to what makes Hades better than Hera/Hera-Is? The dual element? I guess that's one argument, and maybe slightly better stats...But the idea is that you CAN farm Hera and Hera-Is. You can't really do that with Hades. It's a "cross your fingers" and pull with him. And Neptune is a great monster to have in some cases. I would agree that of all the comparisons he makes, his Neptune comment is the most off. Neptune is LEAGUES ahead of ANY other poison monster. The thing about him, though, is that to this point, there are ways around the necessity of a good poison monster.

Odin is great. I have both of them and love them. But they are available in like, every God Fest. But! GrOdin got me through a SHIT ton of content. BlOdin has decent stats and has a decent active. For a farming build or whatever, he does just fine.

Amaterasu, on the other hand, doesn't seem to have a place in end-game. She's great leading UP to that point, and works for Odin/Ama, but I don't know of her usefulness beyond that. I guess she can help clear Hera (since I think my first Hera clear was Odin/Ama). So in that respect, she's great to get started. Otherwise, I don't think she serves a great purpose.

Overall, if you ARE going to roll in this fest, the monsters to get are likely:

Hades, GrOdin, Orochi, Neptune.

If you can live without them, I'd suggest saving stones for the next fest.

razterik

Rolled five on JP and only got Susanoo. Since I main Suzaku there, I am totally okay with that.

And the only reason to want mech dragons back is for the double stones from the split dungeon levels. I find the samurai and whiskey dragons better in pretty much every way.

ZeroAKA

That's why I asked in the first place, but Echidna and Hera-Is seem to be decent alternatives. I might just roll 3 times.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
That's why I asked in the first place, but Echidna and Hera-Is seem to be decent alternatives. I might just roll 3 times.

There's no harm in rolling. The point I think that we're trying to make is that none of the Gods listed are Horus/Luci/Ra. ;) They all server there purpose somewhere - and really, if you've got stones to roll, it's not a terrible idea. Just know that if Minerva pops out, you're going to have a tough time finding a great use for her.

J0dy77

One reason people may want to roll during this god fest is that light Carnival is going on with an increased chance at Kirin. The events coincide with the god fest.

massoluk

Banned
After having Lucifer for sometime, my conclusion: You could play the game without rolling Lucifer, in fact, you probably have more fun playing the game without Lucifer. He's like Cid Orlandu.

Kreed

I don't 100% agree with the author of that post, but there are other pieces of information worth mentioning.

Susanoo is a good God to have, no doubt. His comparison is a bit off there. I have mine and enjoy what he brings to the table, especially for my Egyptian team.

Orochi is just OK. His delay is better than Echidna, but you CAN farm and skillup an Echidna - something you cannot do with an Orochi. I have a max skill Echidna, as do a bunch of GAF folks. The usefulness of her quick delay and the ability to "farm" her for free is what makes Orochi a luxury monster in my opinion.

I'm curious as to what makes Hades better than Hera/Hera-Is? The dual element? I guess that's one argument, and maybe slightly better stats...But the idea is that you CAN farm Hera and Hera-Is. You can't really do that with Hades. It's a "cross your fingers" and pull with him. And Neptune is a great monster to have in some cases. I would agree that of all the comparisons he makes, his Neptune comment is the most off. Neptune is LEAGUES ahead of ANY other poison monster. The thing about him, though, is that to this point, there are ways around the necessity of a good poison monster.

Odin is great. I have both of them and love them. But they are available in like, every God Fest. But! GrOdin got me through a SHIT ton of content. BlOdin has decent stats and has a decent active. For a farming build or whatever, he does just fine.

Amaterasu, on the other hand, doesn't seem to have a place in end-game. She's great leading UP to that point, and works for Odin/Ama, but I don't know of her usefulness beyond that. I guess she can help clear Hera (since I think my first Hera clear was Odin/Ama). So in that respect, she's great to get started. Otherwise, I don't think she serves a great purpose.

Overall, if you ARE going to roll in this fest, the monsters to get are likely:

Hades, GrOdin, Orochi, Neptune.

If you can live without them, I'd suggest saving stones for the next fest.

I definitely don't want to give the impression that any of these gods are "end game" material, because I think we can all agree that new players need to be looking for Horus, Ra, Kirin, and SOD Lucifer and should save stones for god fests with these gods getting a boost. It's just that some of these gods are still useful for end game teams/farming descend dungeons and haven't been fully phased out by farmable/better god options.

For example, besides the "occasional" usefulness of having a delayer/zombie lead, the best thing Orochi has going for it is color in Kirin/Ra/Horus builds requiring two delayers (blue and red giving you more options for the remaining members than two red Echidnas). They are all very "situational" at this point, with some gods getting less useful with every new monster introduction (The new dragon that has Odin's leader skill at 75%, the new technical dragons with Minerva's leader skill, etc...).

So did Tubegameplayer quit to play Kantai Collection? LOL

Just checked his youtube channel, he posted a couple of videos of him rolling the new Japanese gods a few hours ago.

Zero_IYAD

Can someone please put up their strongest Abyss Neptune?
Am gonna try the Water War Dragon Dungeon on master since it's x2 for few hours : )

Don't forget Ceres and Venus. They can make a Valk team really strong, and Dark Ceres is an incredible piece for a Lucifer team.

And then there are also the Odins and Metatrons, I guess.

Zero_IYAD

Mine's up now. Sorry, didn't see the message earlier.
Holy shit I did it xD !
I beat my 1st REAL master levelled dungeon & got a drop! This feels great! - Took the screenshot a lil late, the egg looks upside down >.> -

tumblr_msf6irC2Kr1srgzyyo1_500.png

tumblr_msf6jgL55o1srgzyyo1_500.png

Am gonna need your Neptune again tomorrow, that sky dark dragon will be much easier to take down :D

I really doubt I can take Hera now that I went through a multi-colored master levelled dungeon, the monsters that you can't resist against are real pain!
I'll give it a try any way once we get it.

Thanks again for Neptune, a great partner :D

J0dy77

So I decided to screw around and reroll on my ipad. Pulled an Isis and decided to go with it. Just cleared Dragon guardian at rank 22. Lol

It's amazing how much the knowledge of the game and how it works can help. I'm just flying through content. The only thing is a sad reality is that Isis potential is going to burn out. You really should reroll until you have one of the holy 3 (lucifer, Horus, Kirin). Without them you're going to hit some walls. Although Kirin Isis teams might work in some cases.

k40CxiPl.jpg

J0dy77

Holy shit I did it xD !
I beat my 1st REAL master levelled dungeon & got a drop! This feels great! - Took the screenshot a lil late, the egg looks upside down >.> -

Am gonna need your Neptune again tomorrow, that sky dark dragon will be much easier to take down :D

I really doubt I can take Hera now that I went through a multi-colored master levelled dungeon, the monsters that you can't resist against are real pain!
I'll give it a try any way once we get it.

Thanks again for Neptune, a great partner :D

Congrats. Definitely a great feeling. My first master drop was the blue mech dragon. Don't have the heart to feed him for all the + eggs I dumped on him.

Teriyaki

So I decided to screw around and reroll on my ipad. Pulled an Isis and decided to go with it. Just cleared Dragon guardian at rank 22. Lol

It's amazing how much the knowledge of the game and how it works can help. I'm just flying through content. The only thing is a sad reality is that Isis potential is going to burn out. You really should reroll until you have one of the holy 3 (lucifer, Horus, Kirin). Without them you're going to hit some walls. Although Kirin Isis teams might work in some cases.

The nice thing about Isis is that it's good mindless lead when farming. Matching with Horus occasionally takes some planning, but Isis+Isis is almost always guaranteed on any board.

razterik

Just checked his youtube channel, he posted a couple of videos of him rolling the new Japanese gods a few hours ago.

Last video he posted is his full box and a typed message followed by a bit of Kantai Collection. Puzzle Dragon Forums have a thread about him quitting.

J0dy77

The nice thing about Isis is that it's good mindless lead when farming. Matching with Horus occasionally takes some planning, but Isis+Isis is almost always guaranteed on any board.

Agreed, its really simple and crushes everything now but the problem is if you want to clear valk or Zeus duos or Hera ur you need more than Isis.

Trying to build a mono red team, (farming for a Titan as we speak) and I'm wondering if I should throw a couple pulls for Minerva in this Godfest...

This Ares would have been nice like... three weeks ago before the Groove Coaster collab started

EDIT: forgot to screenshot the REM Gold Dragon and I am not spending more stones just to get another look at it; could somebody take a screencap before pulling the lever for the new OP?

This Ares would have been nice like... three weeks ago before the Groove Coaster collab started

EDIT: forgot to screenshot the REM Gold Dragon and I am not spending more stones just to get another look at it; could somebody take a screencap before pulling the lever for the new OP?

I'll screenshot it for you, I'm about to pull in a few minutes.

seady

Was decided not to pull in this FES, but ended up letting myself pull once anyway.

And got Yomi.

Probably the most worthless god of all.

7 Pulls all crap. Only gold I received was Ra. 35 saved stones down the drain. I don't regret it though I learned a lesson. No more rolling for me.I got a good amount of monsters to build around the rest I can farm. Now to use the other stones for storage and start leveling. Did pull a Super King Metal dragon from PAL though.

7 Pulls all crap. Only gold I received was Ra. 35 saved stones down the drain. I don't regret it though I learned a lesson. No more rolling for me.I got a good amount of monsters to build around the rest I can farm. Now to use the other stones for storage and start leveling. Did pull a Super King Metal dragon from PAL though.

People told you not to roll, lol

WillJustWill

Neo Member
Welp, fifteen stones down the drain on a lilith, mystic flame knight and mystic dark knight. On the bright side, I got a skill up for my Homura and Chaos Dragon Knight ;_;

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Was decided not to pull in this FES, but ended up letting myself pull once anyway.

And got Yomi.

Probably the most worthless god of all.

Ugh, I hate my Yomi. She takes up space and is USELESS.

E: Had five stones from the event so far. Pulled and got another Viper Orochi. I guess I'll save him for potential awakening? Or if I ever feel the need to field 2 of him haha.

suko_32

lol this game has a sick sense of humor. I just got my first ever Valk a few days ago doing that dungeon.

Pull just now: Valk. Thanks GungHo.

Kyu

Neo Member
3 pulls saved up on my main account

Neptune
Hades
Titan

This kind of made up for the shitty pulls I got last time when Fafnir and a rider were my 2 best pulls out of 9

Uthred

Dryad (which Ive got for the Second godfests, no skill up as usual)

Second pull, gold egg, sweet... Beast Rider Fucking Beast Rider!

Fuck you too Gung Ho course I then get valk on a shitty spare account

Ur5TXqj.jpg

So i got a mystic stone knight finally. beat the dragon guardian three times, had to waste stones. ugh. i need better friends with better leaders for my team. anyways, i really want a flame knight for my mono red team. can i take it on expert difficulty with a good friend leader, and not using stones. any help you guys can give me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom