• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
One pull: MFK

On the plus side, it gave my Homura a skill up.

Also, thanks to super metals, I got Valk to level 99! I have a few left, as well. Do you guys think they should go to Zeus (just regular Zeus) or Haku or Duke or something else?

razterik

One pull: MFK

On the plus side, it gave my Homura a skill up.

Also, thanks to super metals, I got Valk to level 99! I have a few left, as well. Do you guys think they should go to Zeus (just regular Zeus) or Haku or Duke or something else?

Byakko, if you use her. Duke, otherwise. Zeus is a nice sub, but you won't be fielding him much except for special occasions. I would just put them on whatever dark you seem to be using most. Also, clear out your invites so I can add you to my Valk posse. =)

raiot

does anyone have a secure and fast Ancient Fire Dragon team?
I just cleared legend with Luci,Luci, Hera-Is, Siren, Dark Ceres, Hades.
I was only in danger if my lucifers got bound, but it was EXTREEEEEEEEEMLY slow... :(

Limit

I was only in danger if my lucifers got bound, but it was EXTREEEEEEEEEMLY slow... :(

I haven't personally tried it yet but Anubis - Isis combo seems fast and secure.

raiot

I maxed the green, dark and white Ancients. They are INCREDIBLE! I will try to max a red too... If I find a non 50min farm team... I'm still not convinced of the anubis/Isis combo...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I maxed the green, dark and white Ancients. They are INCREDIBLE! I will try to max a red too... If I find a non 50min farm team... I'm still not convinced of the anubis/Isis combo...

Here's the team I think can be used to farm pretty well. I took the pic to show my RNG screwing on orbs, ha.

cMJvknE.png

A few notes:

Siren is important for a) RCV and b) if you can't take 2 Blaze Balls, having Siren for hearts (in case you get screwed, which according to the pic above, can happen more often than you'd like).

Mech is helpful for two reasons - 1) to take heat off during Blaze Ball spam and 2) to deal with the chance that you get shafted against the demons.

Hera-Is is sort of clutch because otherwise, the fights can take a while. Fenrir is there just because his orb change is nice. I may play around with his spot next round. Higher HP monster or something to help me burst down the demons faster. Maybe put in Viper Orochi to stall?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Took about 30 minutes while I was still waking up and half asleep. With focus, probably about 20 minutes.

And high RCV is pretty important against Ardbeg's Blaze Ball spam. If you can deal with that, go for 4x ATK. But after clearing it, I can assure you that 4x ATK won't negate Blaze Ball spam.

Kreed

Mono blue is definitely fast (I beat Legend with Hermes and Idunn & Idunna as leads, Siegfried, Siren, Hera-Is, Ice Golem, took maybe 10 minutes, even with annoying Alraune resurrection). Obviously you will want to kill Pyro demon fast (killed it in two turns before it could bind me thanks to Siegfried being maxed). Once I got to Ancient Fire Dragon, the biggest danger was Ancient Fire Dragon using multiple Blaze Balls, which is where Siren/Ice Golem come in handy.

The other option I think you could consider is Mono Red if you don't want to worry about being bound by the Pyro Demon, and you'd save time on Alraune.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Replaced Fenrir with decently leveled Amon. Popped I&I and Hell Pyro Demon went down MUCH faster. I LOOOOOVE counter teams. <3

razterik

It is a pain. Actually ran 2/4/2 mono green last time, so I saw it twice as much. I just remember it being really easy to heal for like 50-100k just on accident with how the orbs dropped. Maybe I was lucky. I will give it a go next week when I am done pounding away at the water war dragon.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
It is a pain. Actually ran 2/4/2 mono green last time, so I saw it twice as much. I just remember it being really easy to heal for like 50-100k just on accident with how the orbs dropped. Maybe I was lucky. I will give it a go next week when I am done pounding away at the water war dragon.

I guess heart cascade are much more likely here than in any other dungeon. Do that being said, it's probably a fair option.

Zero_IYAD

Planning to run the Ancient Fire Dragon on master level once it gets a x2

Oh, PAD Guide on Android got a huge update today & added the ability to buy an add free version -kinda weird it's 2 $, but it's worth it anyway-.

turnbuckle

Alright finally decided to stop rerolling and start playing. I'm in desperate need of some friends with strong leaders of any type since I can't even use my metatron for awhile and am slogging through with a team of scrubs lol

321974206 are my digits!

Zero_IYAD

Alright finally decided to stop rerolling and start playing. I'm in desperate need of some friends with strong leaders of any type since I can't even use my metatron for awhile and am slogging through with a team of scrubs lol

321974206 are my digits!
Added : )
Share with me your friend roll once you hit rank 20 :D

It feels good to feed the red Noel dragon to goemon and see that "great!" Pop up!

Still got over a million to go to max but he's up there now. Next time he comes around I may have to try to farm him for some skill ups....

Still need two skill ups on my second gigas (and to get him evo'd from the Titan he is). I wish I had kept a CoC Flame Archer...

Figcoinc

Unconfirmed Member
I just started with this game. Heard about it for the first time on the Bombcast. Really surprised how fun it is. It is a well made, and relaxing type experience. Well for now. I only just passed the training stuff. Haha.

Still need to figure out the mechanics for breeding/mixing monsters for now, but seems pretty interesting.

I just started with this game. Heard about it for the first time on the Bombcast. Really surprised how fun it is. It is a well made, and relaxing type experience. Well for now. I only just passed the training stuff. Haha.

Still need to figure out the mechanics for breeding/mixing monsters for now, but seems pretty interesting.
You should reroll now if you didn't get a good one. I should reroll myself, but I can't go back to the low ranks. Haha. Anyways don't feed or sell anything until you know if it's good or not, I sold one of the best things I'm the game for one of the worst... Not my greatest moment.

J. Bravo

I got a present egg. What do I do with it? Also i got a king ruby dragon from the pal machine. What do I do with that? Oh and yesterday I got a green pengdra. Is that worth keeping?

I got a present egg. What do I do with it? Also i got a king ruby dragon from the pal machine. What do I do with that?

Evolve the Present Egg and it will become a Noel Dragon, which is a fantastic defensive leader.

Feed the King Ruby Dragon to your favorite red monster for lots of EXP.

J. Bravo

Evolve the Present Egg and it will become a Noel Dragon, which is a fantastic defensive leader.

Feed the King Ruby Dragon to your favorite red monster for lots of EXP.
Good to know. It will be a while before I can evolve it though. Apparently I got a red one, which is the one I need. First try too.

Kunohara

So I've been playing the game for a few days now, and it is damn fun. I just reached level 20 which means I can send a gift to someone. If anyone else is level 20 and has a gift as well, then we should exchange ours. My PD name is Kuno@GAF I also added a bunch of you guys from the google doc.

Byakko, if you use her. Duke, otherwise. Zeus is a nice sub, but you won't be fielding him much except for special occasions. I would just put them on whatever dark you seem to be using most. Also, clear out your invites so I can add you to my Valk posse. =)
Space cleared (sorry if I cleared some GAFfers by accident. Please feel free to add again and let me know your name, if it doesn't have @GAF).

Figcoinc

Unconfirmed Member
You should reroll now if you didn't get a good one. I should reroll myself, but I can't go back to the low ranks. Haha. Anyways don't feed or sell anything until you know if it's good or not, I sold one of the best things I'm the game for one of the worst... Not my greatest moment.

Reroll? I think I am ok. Well...no idea what constitutes good yet. LOL

Are you talking about the leader I picked? Sorry, I really should have read up before posting but at work (yeah...even on a labor day) so hard to read up right now.

Reroll? I think I am ok. Well...no idea what constitutes good yet. LOL

Are you talking about the leader I picked? Sorry, I really should have read up before posting but at work (yeah...even on a labor day) so hard to read up right now.

from OP :

I'm a strong proponent for rerolling, but the rest of GAF disagrees with me, because pretty much everything that comes out of the rare machine will be useful in some type of team. Plus you'll always have more chances to get rainbow stones over the course of your Puzzle & Dragons career. The decision is up to you.

S Tier: Archangel Lucifer > Horus > Isis
Congrats! You've acquired the cream of the crop - a monster that will take you all the way to endgame and then some.

A Tier: Ares, Hermes, Artemis, Haku, "Dark" Metatron > Freyr, Idunn&Idunna, Freyja, Leilan, Karin
These monsters are solid leaders that will carry you through the first month or so of content without breaking a sweat, but may run into trouble tackling the most difficult content the game has to offer.

B Tier: Valkyrie, Meimei, Loki > Baal, Bastet, "Blue" Odin, Uriel, Gabriel, Michael, "Light" Metatron > Shiva, Parvati, Persephone, Thor
These monsters have flaws that make them unsuitable as leaders for all lategame content, or are useful only in specific endgame dungeons, but may serve as a good sub on a different team.

I don't want to reroll anymore: Apollo, Lakshmi, "Green" Odin, Siegfried
Self-explanatory.

Savant Tier: Ra > Sakuya
Monsters that require prodigious puzzle skills or heavenly luck to be utilized to their full potential.

That seems like an excessive amount of RCV. Why not run 4x attack? I would be worried about my whole team getting bound.

Yeah those Pyro Demons have to be killed immediately. I got surprised by three on one floor and didn't think to kill them on the first turn. One of them bound me then they were all on the same timer. I was about 2k HP short to survive all three hits. So make sure you take care of them right away.

Limit

Yup, the super secret 9/04 dungeon is indeed Zeus Dios. I'm personally counting the days till Hera - Ur arrives. Planning on using her to clear Blazing fire tech dungeon. Don't want to catch and level up Ogres just for one dungeon.

razterik

Playing the new stone dragon dungeons is really fun since I don't feel like I am beating my head against a wall just so they can take my stones. I hope they continue this direction with the tech dungeons.

Kouryuu is so bad ass he blew his own shirt off. That art is awesome.

Evolve your Siren and it'll be a piece of cake.

So next week then, I'd have to focus on leveling her this week then.

Yes, Titan acts as a zombie leader... it will be VERY slow...
But you should rerolll ;)

Titan as the leader. but who else to use? I really, really don't want to reroll on this account, i have an alt I am rerolling on, but my internet sucks here (in China), and it takes about 40 minutes to update each time.

Possibly. Pair your Archangel with an Awoken Odin, and you should be able to grind it out. It won't be easy, though. Make sure your HP total is over 4500 or so (should be easy with Odin).

She's an angel, not an archangel, if that matters. Blue Odin, or red odin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom