• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

linsivvi

My blue friends changed the leaders I really wanted so I went with my red team and Freyr friend. I used two stones. One on Masks since I didn't have skills charged and the second when I was battling Siegfried all alone...got unlucky with hearts. I'm pretty happy. I now have berserk and highlander.

The best part is we get super emerald king tomorrow. I might spend a couple stones to level up and evolve Highlander.

Jagernaut

Anyone running Fire noel for Hera-UR.

According to the website data for the dungeon a

Fire Noel (or Uriel)
Enchilada
Enchilada
Fire Golem
Gigas

Helper Fire Noel or Helper Uriel. Should be able to no stone her easy.

If you have more Uriels then you probably don't need 2 Enchiladas since the Enchiladas are mostly there for RCV. Also the Gigas is optional. (I'm mainly using it for the HP.) so a character that can do high damage might be better and you won't need that second Enchilada with no negative RCV Gigas. (Menace is kinda useless for this dungeon)

The hardest thing about this is finding Fire Noel or Uriel helpers.

I'll have my fire noel up all day for Hera-UR.

Anyone else?

I'm thinking about running Hera-Ur Legendary with a 4x attack fire team

Ares max Lv - leader
Horus Lv 85
Goemon Lv 77
Echidna Lv 65
PK Homura Lv 67 or Red Giant Gigas Lv 22, both max skilled
Freyr - friend

With a maxed Freyr friend I will have 28,000 hp with PKH or 32,000 hp with Gigas. Goemon + Horus + Freyr will kill Hera-Ur in one turn.

If that doesn't work out I will try a Horus team, probably:

Horus
Echidna
Abyss Neptune
Heroic Cu Chulain
Rose Valkyrie or Zeus
Horus

I haven't tried a Horus team for a Descended dungeon yet.

I've got a max level Uriel, but I haven't even looked at the dungeon yet, so I don't know if that would be the best team for me. But I'll put it up if it is, or if I complete the dungeon I can put up whatever anyone else needs.

ccbfan

I've got a max level Uriel, but I haven't even looked at the dungeon yet, so I don't know if that would be the best team for me. But I'll put it up if it is, or if I complete the dungeon I can put up whatever anyone else needs.

Well its not really a great team for Hera-UR but its the best and safest team IMO for Hera-UR if you haven't had any good luck with REM since the team can be made completely with regular drops.

The typical Lucifer/Horus still destroys it though.

So for you its probably a terrible team.

Well its not really a great team for Hera-UR but its the best and safest team IMO for Hera-UR if you haven't had any good luck with REM since the team can be made completely with regular drops.

Ah, okay. Got it. I'll still try to accommodate whoever I can.

So I was just looking at the Hera-Ur dungeon. Legend should be quick and easy for a Lucifer team. Grav, grav, grav, nuke, heal, nuke will take her down, no sweat.

Mythical seems doable, too, but it might be better to replace a grav or two with Zeus, and you also will need to do some damage before you go nuke crazy.

Kreed

Anyone running Fire noel for Hera-UR.

According to the website data for the dungeon a

Fire Noel (or Uriel)
Enchilada
Enchilada
Fire Golem
Gigas

Helper Fire Noel or Helper Uriel. Should be able to no stone her easy.

If you have more Uriels then you probably don't need 2 Enchiladas since the Enchiladas are mostly there for RCV. Also the Gigas is optional. (I'm mainly using it for the HP.) so a character that can do high damage might be better and you won't need that second Enchilada with no negative RCV Gigas. (Menace is kinda useless for this dungeon)

The hardest thing about this is finding Fire Noel or Uriel helpers.

I'll have my fire noel up all day for Hera-UR.

Anyone else?

I think the biggest problem you're going to have with this team is with Hera-Ur once she gets to below 24% and starts doing Graviton Bomb every turn, which does 60K on Legend and 120K on Mystical.

Any particular reason for that over, say, a Lucifer team?

Minerva will use dark bind after getting to half health (10 turns on Mystical), so you'd need to kill her before she can use it.

J0dy77

mines up. i'm sure we're buds

Yup, thanks. I cleared legendary for the stone and two heroes twice for the awoken skillups. Was a good day.

Two heroes was the second descended dungeon I cleared and I hadn't run it since the early days. Amazing how much my team has grown. Horus vs under leveled resist team = big difference.

Another note, Ancient fire dragon is free on legendary with a Hermes/Gabriel team. Bring gravity.

J0dy77

This is a difficult dungeon for horus. You have to deal with the Ifrit defense and hera's preemptive shield (no delay) and she hits like a truck. Not sure how I'm getting through. Unless the preemptive shield is only on mythical.

Yup, thanks. I cleared legendary for the stone and two heroes twice for the awoken skillups. Was a good day.

Two heroes was the second descended dungeon I cleared and I hadn't run it since the early days. Amazing how much my team has grown. Horus vs under leveled resist team = big difference.

Another note, Ancient fire dragon is free on legendary with a Hermes/Gabriel team. Bring gravity.
No need for Gabriel. I'm getting by with a scrubby, level 59 Depth Plesios and Hermes.

Btw, if anyone wants to put Hermes up, I'd be most obliged. =)

ccbfan

This is a difficult dungeon for horus. You have to deal with the Ifrit defense and hera's preemptive shield (no delay) and she hits like a truck. Not sure how I'm getting through. Unless the preemptive shield is only on mythical.

Doesn't say anything about preempt in http://puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=439 plus it really easy to charge in the first stage so you can probably easily get Enchilada up.

Plus everything have so little HP.

Awoken Hera Ur can probably be 1 Hit KOed since she has so little HP.

Limit

Hmm, Hera Ur mythical seems like a straightforward affair for a Lucifer Lucifer combo team. I have the following subs in my Luci X2 team: Hera, Hera Is, Anubis, and Echidna. The first 3 floors can be managed by doing your typical stalling for gravity + morning star and then unleashing hell on your opponents. The third floor is especially nice for stalling for active skills for fourth floor. And then Minerva starts with 940,069. One gravity and she goes down to 658,051. Now you have 6 rounds to lower her health by 58,000 so that she can be taken out with two morning stars and have one gravity left for Hera Ur. The problem here is Minerva's 13K defense. I don't think I can match enough dark orbs to successfully break this high of a defense with my team. So either I will have to use another gravity and lower her health to 460,635 or use Anubis' counterattack skill to preserve a gravity for Hera Ur. Don't know which option is better yet. Probably the counterattack.

And then comes Hera Ur. One gravity and her health goes down to 1,656,034. After stalling for 30+ turns and dying once or twice because of bad orb drops, unleash another gravity and her health drops to 1,159,223. A third gravity and her health drops to 811,455. The danger zone for Hera Ur is 591, 441. Because of her low defense it is quite likely that one would have done close to 200K damage while stalling for active skills after the first gravity bomb. Either way, it seems like here you would have to eat at least one stone after doing a morning star because of her Graviton bomb. So unleash one morning star, activate anubis, and then die. Eat stone, another morning star, and then you are done.

One stone getting used up minimum here. Can't use Echidna's delay skill on her.

J0dy77

Doesn't say anything about preempt in http://puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=439 plus it really easy to charge in the first stage so you can probably easily get Enchilada up.

Plus everything have so little HP.

Awoken Hera Ur can probably be 1 Hit KOed since she has so little HP.

I was looking at Mythical which looks brutal. Hera hits for 20k every time and does preemptive shield. You basically need gravity and the ability to one shot her.

Legendary looks much easier. I'll probably just tank through ifrit and burn Hera with echidna delay. Cross my fingers that she drops faster than the 5 times it took for Hera-is.

So I was just looking at the Hera-Ur dungeon. Legend should be quick and easy for a Lucifer team. Grav, grav, grav, nuke, heal, nuke will take her down, no sweat.

Mythical seems doable, too, but it might be better to replace a grav or two with Zeus, and you also will need to do some damage before you go nuke crazy.
As far as I can tell, there's no point in bringing Zeus on mythical. You have to recharge Lucifer and a couple of Gravities after Minerva, and you need to get Hera-Ur down around 73% HP before you can finish her off (assuming 3 gravity). That means you have to stall for at least 35 turns (and probably more to get her HP low enough), and she hits like a truck. So you are going to need every bit of HP/RCV you can get.
Hmm maybe I'm reading it wrong

but according to

http://puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=439

She only does it once since she can only do Release Magical Power once.
http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Hera-Ur_Descended!
This one mentions that she does it continuously after Released Magical Power.
I was looking at Mythical which looks brutal. Hera hits for 20k every time and does preemptive shield. You basically need gravity and the ability to one shot her.

Edit: Weird. PDX and the Wikia say first turn but I just watched a TGP video and it looks like it is preemptive.

seady

Two Heroes is very easy to beat.

Moon dragon
Rainbow Guardian x3
Siren
+
Archangel Lucifer

All are easy to get. Zero stone.

GungHo skipping Mechdragons for like sixth months running makes a bit more sense now; Japan is getting the rotation again either this month or the next and they're teasing "new additions" to them.

Also next update will add 100 more slots to the monster box

Kyu

Neo Member
I don't know if I have ever pulled an evolved pengdra but I have gotten super Metal and Super Golds out of it during this kind of special pal pull.

Gungho were supposedly adding evolve pengdras this event

"■⑤ We've also permanently added the evolved 3-star Pengdra to the Pal Egg Machine! "

linsivvi

Two Heroes is very easy to beat.

Moon dragon
Rainbow Guardian x3
Siren
+
Archangel Lucifer

All are easy to get. Zero stone.

I used a similar team but lead with Vampire instead Moon dragon. I also used Hera instead of 3 RGs, which means I can instant kill Highlander.

maks

Hey guys, looking for some advice on my green monsters. I'm wondering who I should prioritize leveling up and what level I should go for. I got a couple of good leaders recently and think I should probably explore some teams with them. Here is what I have along with their current levels...

01 Cu Chalain
11 WA Astaroth
20 TMG MeiMei
40 HD Artemis

Others...
32 Earth Guardian
37 ADK
29 Mandrake

I ranked them in what I think should be the order of importance. I don't really have good dark or devils other than CDD to match up with Astaroth or MeiMei, but I will be going for a Hera in a few days.

razterik

Hey guys, looking for some advice on my green monsters. I'm wondering who I should prioritize leveling up and what level I should go for. I got a couple of good leaders recently and think I should probably explore some teams with them. Here is what I have along with their current levels...

01 Cu Chalain
11 WA Astaroth
20 TMG MeiMei
40 HD Artemis

Others...
32 Earth Guardian
37 ADK
29 Mandrake

I ranked them in what I think should be the order of importance. I don't really have good dark or devils other than CDD to match up with Astaroth or MeiMei, but I will be going for a Hera in a few days.

Your order is pretty much right. If you have the stamina and teams to pick up the Heras coming this weekend, I would move Astaroth up. Astaroth with a team of Heras is a force to be reckoned with. If you are just aiming for regular dungeons, leveling Cu Chu will serve you best. He slots right into Genbu and Artemis for a boost to either of those teams.

razterik

Dropped 5 stones on Zeus-Dios just to say I could run it with Kirin, haha. Went with Valkyrie, Echidna, Hera-Is, and Parvati, the same build on the wiki. It works quite well, but never before have I desired a max skill Parvati so much. One stone right away because I just barely missed the oomph to take down Highlander the first turn. Stalling on Big Jerk was pretty easy until a sky-dropped blue hit some others I couldn't switch to hearts yet and threw me into the Griffin with health lower than his preemptive strike. Second stone and I plucked his feathers. Archangel was my backup stall stage but I could only get so many hearts to fall before nailing her to the wall. Hera got a Double Slap on me because I was saving my Echidna for ZD. Ten more levels on my Kirin and that wouldn't have been a stone, but I slapped her back right after. Was a few turns short on Hera-Is gravity, so just threw out double Kirin gravity, popped Echidna, and went to work on 2.6 million. Had to miss two turns due to orb trolling, but max skill Valkyrie really came through for me. Delay wore off, status shield went up and I got God-locked, which actually helped roll my timers down, then took a normal attack. Again, a little more HP would have got me past this, but I doubt I could have healed back enough and most of my girls were still bound. So, stoned and attacked, got properly smashed with Jupiter Genesis. Last stone, finally got off my third gravity for a measly 170k, activated Valkyrie again and punched ZD's face in with over 1.1 million damage. Wish I had gotten that nice lineup sooner, but I guess that's just the way the orbs crumble. For my troubles, I got a goofy wood sub that I will probably only use for giggles until a green enhancer comes along and a silly little Cupid who will just sit next to her max-skilled and under-leveled older sister.

If you read all that, congrats, you deserve a Zeus-Dios shaped cookie. TLDR: Kirin, so good.

Dropped 5 stones on Zeus-Dios just to say I could run it with Kirin, haha. Went with Valkyrie, Echidna, Hera-Is, and Parvati, the same build on the wiki. It works quite well, but never before have I desired a max skill Parvati so much. One stone right away because I just barely missed the oomph to take down Highlander the first turn. Stalling on Big Jerk was pretty easy until a sky-dropped blue hit some others I couldn't switch to hearts yet and threw me into the Griffin with health lower than his preemptive strike. Second stone and I plucked his feathers. Archangel was my backup stall stage but I could only get so many hearts to fall before nailing her to the wall. Hera got a Double Slap on me because I was saving my Echidna for ZD. Ten more levels on my Kirin and that wouldn't have been a stone, but I slapped her back right after. Was a few turns short on Hera-Is gravity, so just threw out double Kirin gravity, popped Echidna, and went to work on 2.6 million. Had to miss two turns due to orb trolling, but max skill Valkyrie really came through for me. Delay wore off, status shield went up and I got God-locked, which actually helped roll my timers down, then took a normal attack. Again, a little more HP would have got me past this, but I doubt I could have healed back enough and most of my girls were still bound. So, stoned and attacked, got properly smashed with Jupiter Genesis. Last stone, finally got off my third gravity for a measly 170k, activated Valkyrie again and punched ZD's face in with over 1.1 million damage. Wish I had gotten that nice lineup sooner, but I guess that's just the way the orbs crumble. For my troubles, I got a goofy wood sub that I will probably only use for giggles until a green enhancer comes along and a silly little angel who will just sit next to her max-skilled and under-leveled older sister.

If you read all that, congrats, you deserve a Zeus-Dios shaped cookie. TLDR: Kirin, so good.
You crazy Kirin players. Back in the day, I had to do the thing with Horus, like some savage.
;-)

Nice one, though!

Meanwhile, I just woke up my Zeus-Dios in preparation for super emerald kings today. Getting all the evo materials the hard way sucked.

raiot

I'm pondering if I should feed my Lvl 66 max skill + 39 rcv siren to my Echidna, Valk or Amaterasu...
I have 2 max skill unevolved sirens ready to replace her...

Wanchan

Got Zeus-Dios in 3 stones with my kirin team (Kirin/Busty Valk/Verche/Echidna/Busty Sieg), god bind -1, bad board -1, stupid fuck up -1, almost died on preemptive, i just barely had enough HP. Felt good to oneshot Hera :D
Sieg saved me 1 time in the dungeon since i was short on blue orbs, i'm glad i picked him over Hera-Is, i wouldn't have time to use her gravity anyway since i killed everything in 15 turns (Kirins activated on my last turn).

Overall, it was way easier than expected since i could x25 the first 2 times on the Two Heroes (i was mostly worried about those 2), got a good board 2 times.

razterik

You crazy Kirin players. Back in the day, I had to do the thing with Horus, like some savage.
;-)

Nice one, though!

Meanwhile, I just woke up my Zeus-Dios in preparation for super emerald kings today. Getting all the evo materials the hard way sucked.

I wonder if I should have taken my Horus instead. Red damage on this Kirin team is really lacking. Hmm, might give it another go later to see if I can snag the Griffin for kicks. Valkyrie, Echidna, Orochi. Hera-Is or Hades? Could take Kagusutchi for the sweet red damage, but not sure I can down all 4 million in 7 turns.

razterik

Got Zeus-Dios in 3 stones with my kirin team (Kirin/Busty Valk/Verche/Echidna/Busty Sieg), god bind -1, bad board -1, stupid fuck up -1, almost died on preemptive, i just barely had enough HP. Felt good to oneshot Hera :D
Sieg saved me 1 time in the dungeon since i was short on blue orbs, i'm glad i picked him over Hera-Is, i wouldn't have time to use her gravity anyway since i killed everything in 15 turns (Kirins activated on my last turn).

Overall, it was way easier than expected since i could x25 the first 2 times on the Two Heroes (i was mostly worried about those 2), got a good board 2 times.

In retrospect, going all offense for this dungeon makes way more sense if you don't have a skilled up third gravity. I would even consider dropping Verche for Cu Chu just for stats and less orb trolling. Hera essentially lets you have two rounds if you can get her below 25%.

razterik

I'm pondering if I should feed my Lvl 66 max skill + 39 rcv siren to my Echidna, Valk or Amaterasu...
I have 2 max skill unevolved sirens ready to replace her...

Dropped mine into Valkyrie. You won't miss her crummy stats and you have backups for the active skill.

Wanchan

In retrospect, going all offense for this dungeon makes way more sense if you don't have a skilled up third gravity. I would even consider dropping Verche for Cu Chu just for stats and less orb trolling. Hera essentially lets you have two rounds if you can get her below 25%.

I picked Verche for Hera, he helped me oneshot her before she could do anything so i'm glad i picked him over my Chu² (which i'm using when Verche is not in my team) or i could have lost 1 more stone i think.

I only had issues with Red orbs on that run really, if anything, i should have switched Echidna to Red Giant Gigas since i've wasted "menace" on the immune Zeus Dios like a stupid noob (this is the stupid fuck up i was talking about.... -_-) and this is also why i spent another stone on god bind. :(

WillJustWill

Neo Member
Hmmm, would anyone be able to tell me what kind of teams Cu Chulainn is generally used on? I mean, as a leader, I don't really see 9x balanced teams being amazing so do people just use him as a high stats sub?

razterik

Hey, you did pretty damn good if you didn't get the 3 turn buffer from Echidna. I am still thinking about how I could have done better, but I feel I did well for my first outing with Kirin. I only ran about thirty turns into Endless before hopping right into Zeus-Dios. Moving up from Horus and some side practice with Suzaku wasn't too bad after all. Ra is still mostly beyond me, though.

razterik

Hmmm, would anyone be able to tell me what kind of teams Cu Chulainn is generally used on? I mean, as a leader, I don't really see 9x balanced teams being amazing so do people just use him as a high stats sub?

Mono green, Genbu, Horus, Ra, general dark teams and Kirin occasionally. 9x balanced isn't too bad with King Woodsie, Zeus-Dios and Griffin, Dragon Knight (unevolved ADK), and now Green Odin. Don't see it run too often, though.

8 stone for Dios. too damn much. REM refused to give me a Ra board to work with.

1 on Zerk, 1 on Hera, 6 on Dios.

Went with

Ra
Evil Ceres
Hera-Is
Choo Choo
D/D Hades
Horus

So I got a Fallen Angel Lucifer from a rare pull. I am assuming there is no way to turn it into an Archangel Lucifer?

didn't know you were still playing hahaha.

and correct, they are two seperate monster

J0dy77

Edit: Weird. PDX and the Wikia say first turn but I just watched a TGP video and it looks like it is preemptive.

It's Preemptive on Mythical and 1st turn for Legendary (Pad guide). I watched tubegame playing on both legendary and Mythical. There's a BIG difference between the difficulty levels for UR. Legendary should be an easy zero stone clear for standard burst teams. I might have a shot at mythical using a Ra partner but it would definitely cost stones. Trying to burn through Hera's 2+ million HP.

ParityBit

didn't know you were still playing hahaha.

and correct, they are two seperate monster

I play on and off when I can. I always log in though to help keep my guys active that people need. I also always pull for new eggs if I can! I just always get the crapola! As you can tell with my question.

I play on and off when I can. I always log in though to help keep my guys active that people need. I also always pull for new eggs if I can! I just always get the crapola! As you can tell with my question.

just takes one good one to get you back in!

Question guys...does anyone actually run an ADK team anymore? I have 2xADK (lvl 66 and 55). Of course the lvl 66 is max skilled, but has 24+ eggs on it. Thinking about canabalizing it to echilada or Ra. I'd still have one ADK to work with (but i don't use him often anyway...especially with choo choo max skilled now as well)

just takes one good one to get you back in!

Question guys...does anyone actually run an ADK team anymore? I have 2xADK (lvl 66 and 55). Of course the lvl 66 is max skilled, but has 24+ eggs on it. Thinking about canabalizing it to echilada or Ra. I'd still have one ADK to work with (but i don't use him often anyway...especially with choo choo max skilled now as well)
Well I don't use ADK as a leader anymore since I got Zaerog. Honestly I don't use Zaerog all that often either. Not enough people on my list seem to run with him. But I'm in a similar situation. Max level/skill ADK with +28 and a level 20 who's skill level 3. My plan was to keep them both for Zaerog, but feeding the +eggs to Echidna is getting more and more enticing. To be honest the main thing keeping me back is the prospect of having to finish max skilling the second one.

Enchilada is Echidna I'm guessing.... what's the best way of getting her to max skill? I'll get her to the last evolution soon, but she's still at the lowest skill level.

J0dy77

Well I don't use ADK as a leader anymore since I got Zaerog. Honestly I don't use Zaerog all that often either. Not enough people on my list seem to run with him. But I'm in a similar situation. Max level/skill ADK with +28 and a level 20 who's skill level 3. My plan was to keep them both for Zaerog, but feeding the +eggs to Echidna is getting more and more enticing. To be honest the main thing keeping me back is the prospect of having to finish max skilling the second one.

Did you use Horus to clear Zaerog? What was the team? I tried a few times a little while back but had a hard time comboing high enough to break armor. I'd be fine with burning stones if I knew he was a drop but not before.

maks

Your order is pretty much right. If you have the stamina and teams to pick up the Heras coming this weekend, I would move Astaroth up. Astaroth with a team of Heras is a force to be reckoned with. If you are just aiming for regular dungeons, leveling Cu Chu will serve you best. He slots right into Genbu and Artemis for a boost to either of those teams.

Sounds good. If my Hera team is good enough I might go for two. Thanks!

raiot

Did you use Horus to clear Zaerog? What was the team? I tried a few times a little while back but had a hard time comboing high enough to break armor. I'd be fine with burning stones if I knew he was a drop but not before.

I did Zaerog with Zeus and a Ra Helper... did a write up and posted my Team on Puzzledragonx:

http://puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=405

There is a way to confirm your drop... but its a bit tricky:

Pad always sends you the drops of a dungeon when you enter it, in PLAIN TEXT!
To see this you need:

A Laptop or a PC with a wireless card, a cable internet connection, the programm Wireshark (open source)

Connect your Laptop/PC to the internet, open a WLAN Sharing spot on your PC (look for tutorials on the net).
Open up Wireshark, connect your phone to the hotspot you created.
All internet traffic your phone produces is routed through your laptop/pc and is sniffed by wireshark.
Enter the dungeon, look for data going to gungho servers, look up the text and search if Zaerog is going to drop.
Didnt try this myself, just looked through a write up in the something awful board. But i'ts not available anymore, it was deleted.
It was not explained but if you look at it, the information which monster number drops are easy to spot.
I'm on thin ice here, so i won't explain any more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom