• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limit

so how long until we get tri-color ultimate evos? We'll get there, i'm sure....

A penta - color monster card would probably be Gungho's ace in the hole if PAD were ever to get serious competition and/or this game starts experiencing serious player dropoff. And I would be surprised if we don't get at least a single tri color monster before the end of 2014.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Is "bustie" just gaf slang for ultimate evos or something?

J0dy77

A penta - color monster card would probably be Gungho's ace in the hole if PAD were ever to get serious competition and/or this game starts experiencing serious player dropoff. And I would be surprised if we don't get at least a single tri color monster before the end of 2014.

You mean when this game falls off and they completely jump the shark? I kind of compare it to WoW. Adding newer and shinier items only lasts for so long, it needs to stay fresh. Hopefully they find a way.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
yeah but the stats on Dios are pretty sick. granted at a 5mil curve, but still...

Not sure if i want ANOTHER orb changer on my green team though

Fair enough. Stat wise, I guess he's pretty baller. I just love my Astaroth team. It's getting to the point where I can use it to clear just about anything. I already plan to clear Ur with it. As long as I can get my Ceres to ~70, I don't think I will have any issues making that happen.

Why the hell don't we have a super gold king dungeon? I just want want a reasonable way to level my light monsters without eating a bunch of EXP. But apparently Gungho has some sort of vendetta against them.

ToxicAdam

Been playing Puzzle Trooper for the past week. It's a pretty decent PAD-clone with a military motif.

Even though the structure is essentially the same, it does some things different:

Animated screen at top that shows your troops attacking the enemies
Special animated splash screens for your troop special attacks
You an use in-game currency to buy needed EVO materials to evolve
Graphic overlay for the menu that represents the battle fields you can enter
100+ achievements that actually give you in-game rewards
You can get around team cost constraints if your troop is already active when it evolves

Cons:

Too easy early on. It took me 30 levels until I reached some kind of resistance.
Leader skills are pretty basic and nothing new or game changing
Not a lot of content compared to PAD (200 monster, 25 battle fields plus special zones)

It's probably not as good as PAD, but it's certainly better than ToS (the other PAD clone). There are some ideas in it that I wish PAD would pick up and incorporate into their game. Just thought I'd post a heads up to ppl in this thread.

^what's ToS stand for. I guess I could use some pad clones to play while I wait for pad stamina, lol. Also, does anyone have a green Odin I could use for the expert dungeon, thanks in advance.

Fair enough. Stat wise, I guess he's pretty baller. I just love my Astaroth team. It's getting to the point where I can use it to clear just about anything. I already plan to clear Ur with it. As long as I can get my Ceres to ~70, I don't think I will have any issues making that happen.

you win dude. Evo'd her and bumped up to 23 so far. With her as a Lead I can run

D/D Hades - maxed
D/L Hades - 75
Vamp - 65
Ceres - 66

notbad.jpg

Why the hell don't we have a super gold king dungeon? I just want want a reasonable way to level my light monsters without eating a bunch of EXP. But apparently Gungho has some sort of vendetta against them.

seriously man. they come up like once every couple of events. The last two times showed up at brutal times for me as well

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
you win dude. Evo'd her and bumped up to 23 so far. With her as a Lead I can run

D/D Hades - maxed
D/L Hades - 75
Vamp - 65
Ceres - 66

notbad.jpg

seriously man. they come up like once every couple of events. The last two times showed up at brutal times for me as well

A+ Astaroth is for real. She's the reason my Amon is like, 60+.

Kreed

I've been taking advantage of the new Technical Dungeons for this very reason. Scarlet Stone Blade Dragon drops max yellow Pengdras, and Rainbow Stone Magic Dragon drops Gold Dragons. Of course Gungho has to continue to make it hard for yellow monster users in some way, so all the other dungeons have metal/jewel dragons that appear very often and in groups, but Rainbow Stone Magic Dragon's Gold Dragons don't appear nearly as often (you're lucky to see one or two in a single run).

At this point I've just taken to shoving every off color Pengdra/King down my Valk's and Izanagi's mouth holes instead of waiting for a Gold Dragon event to roll around. Feel the burn of no same type EXP bonus feeding.

At this point I've just taken to shoving every off color Pengdra/King down my Valk's and Izanagi's mouth holes instead of waiting for a Gold Dragon event to roll around. Feel the burn of no same type EXP bonus feeding.
I burnt through the last two super metal dungeons to get my Valk to max. It felt like ass, knowing that I was losing 33% of the EXP in using off-color materials.

Those 5-million growth curve monsters suck balls, too, once they start requiring six-figure EXP for level ups. I've not lived until I dropped an on-color king dragon into one, got a GREAT! multiplier, and had my monster not level up. Thanks, GungHo.

On the plus side, I got my Dios to level 80. His stats are indeed ballin'. Used the high emeralds to get my Parvati ready for evo, too.

I don't use the higher Gold Dragons for exp. I sell them for gold. Much more efficient use that way. I only use the small ones to evo Light Pengdras. But the majority of my Light monsters' exp comes from off-color sources. You can't really worry about only using Light exp sources or your Light monsters will take forever to level.

I think it only affects cooldowns at the start of battle so you don't have to stall forever to bring skills online. After you use the skill you have to wait the full cycle. I think,
Yeah. That's the only way it makes sense. Having monsters with 0-cooldown skills would be absurd.

That should be Zaerog's ultimate evo. You'd already think it was 5 elements just looking at its artwork.

Zero_IYAD

So I've been reading lots about Hera..
Looks like the 1st few waves are completely up to luck, later with the gods it's about luck with the board & strategy.

Am planning to take the 2nd team in this pic:

tumblr_msnzbhK6wN1srgzyyo1_1280.jpg

I'll put my light Machine Golem instead of the dark since it's high levelled.

I saw the 1st team & it caught my attention!
I love that it has a huge HP!
I already have all what it requires, I might even put my Siren in place of one the RKs & I'll still get a team with 24 K HP!
What do you guys think of this team?

So by tomorrow please all of you who has Max. levelled Gr.Odin with as many +s as possible, please put them up.

Am still having trouble getting used to the small screen on my new phone, but I've been practicing & I can make a 3-6 combo almost always now.

Lastly, got a 50 $ Google Play gift card today from my gf for all the bad luck I've been goin through xD
Bought 60 stones & hoping I won't burn more than 5-10 on getting my 1st Hera tomorrow.

Looks like the 1st few waves are completely up to luck, later with the gods it's about luck with the board & strategy.
Not really (never trust PDX. I'm almost sure most of the teams posted on it are just theory gaming). It just depends on your team composition and targeting strategy. Dual Lucifer would survive, for sure. No luck involved.

Zero_IYAD

Not really (never trust PDX. I'm almost sure most of the teams posted on it are just theory gaming). It just depends on your team composition and targeting strategy. Dual Lucifer would survive, for sure. No luck involved.
Don't have a Lucifer myself.
So all what I can do is depend on a friend's.

Either way, am planning to run it the 1st few times with the team we discussed last week here:

tumblr_mso00mOPZr1srgzyyo1_400.png

Don't have a Lucifer myself.
So all what I can do is depend on a friend's.

Either way, am planning to run it the 1st few times with the team we discussed last week here:

tumblr_mso00mOPZr1srgzyyo1_400.png
I think you'll be fine. That's actually a lot better than what I initially used for that dungeon. I'm assuming you'll be pairing up with Awoken Odin?

Just be careful with Neptune, since you don't have a poison user. I'm assuming you plan to use Armor Break and then unleash Odin's and CDD's skills on him, yes?

Zero_IYAD

I think you'll be fine. That's actually a lot better than what I initially used for that dungeon. I'm assuming you'll be pairing up with Awoken Odin?

Just be careful with Neptune, since you don't have a poison user.

Yup, that's why I need a partner with the strongest most +ed Gr.Oden

Edit: Yeah, you got it right.

razterik

Had three evolved light pengdra drop from Pengdra Village in one run. Sometimes I think stoning this is better than super dragons.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So what's the super dopest Astaroth team set up?

I have no Heras at all.

No Hera? :(

I run Asty/Asty or Asty/Luci depending on the dungeon requirements. Subs are typically Ceres, 2x gravity, and either counter or Joker busty. If gravity isn't needed for the dungeon, you can run Vamp, Chaos Dragon, King Baddie, etc. PDX lists Devil monsters...But gravity is one of her major benefits.

Farm Hera and Hera-Is!!!

This is my current Endless Corridor team. I plan to get a second Is this weekend.

WO52Gq4

Ashodin

No Hera? :(

I run Asty/Asty or Asty/Luci depending on the dungeon requirements. Subs are typically Ceres, 2x gravity, and either counter or Joker busty. If gravity isn't needed for the dungeon, you can run Vamp, Chaos Dragon, King Baddie, etc. PDX lists Devil monsters...But gravity is one of her major benefits.

Farm Hera and Hera-Is!!!

I can't seem to cobble together a team to zero-stone her. :[

I've got two green snow globe dragons I think I am going to max and then feed to something. It won't be quite enough to max anything but it will put me close. None of these are currently used in any of my regular teams. What should I do?

1 - Holy Ceres (she has been on my healer team but for now I put Lilith back to get all colors represented)
2 - Hunting Deity Artemis (my favorite to friend up with when playing my green team led by Freyja)
3 - Awoken Odin
4 - Susano no Mikoto
5 - Asgard (this would max him actually)
6 - none, hold them for Athena, Dios or something else

I can't seem to cobble together a team to zero-stone her. :[

really? oi. there are a bunch of teams that can 0stone here. It just takes a REALLY long time.

As far as difficulty, Hera is one of the easier Descended dungeons to take down.

PDX has a ton of 0 stone teams. I think i'll try and farm her to up some Grav users.

J. Bravo

Just played the Pall Egg machine 10 times, got some good monsters- King Emerald Dragon and a Super King Gold Dragon, as well as a +1 Blue Carbuncle.

Am I right in assuming I just feed the Emerald Dragon to a green monster, and the Gold Dragon to a yellow monster? Any suggestions on which ones, if any, I should save them for? I want to use my Red Dragon on my fire starter, but that 55k xp would be wasted since he's at lvl 10/15. Should I just feed him the Emerald Dragon and then evolve him and feed him the Ruby dragoN?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Depending on your funds, I sell all super golds. 300k is nice to have when leveling other monsters.

As for the rest, always feed same color monsters. I think it's a default 1.5x bonus. In some cases it doesn't matter, but for big feedings, it's worth the same color bonus! And check PDX for total XP at max level. Never feed a monster a huge buff to XP if they're close to leveling - total waste!

Another feeding tip! If you're doing a large feeding (like, 250k+), remember that if you get lucky and hit a great or super, you may waste big XP. Not a huge issue early on, but when you're pushing for that 3m or 5m point, careful feeding can save time and money!

Zero_IYAD

I do have Resist/Ammy.. hmmm

I remember I can't get past Hades though.
If you play my team Hades should be the easiest amongst the gods!
He attacks 82133, but with Gr.Odin partner you only take 20% of that, thus you only take 16427 damage, that could KO you but with CDD as your leader you'll cut 50% of that, thus receiving a total damage of 8214
So there's no need to even use RK skills -unless am missing something here?-
You have enough time to heal till Hades attacks again I guess.

ccbfan

I'm not sure what to do with Hera. (I always have two, plus a Hera-IS)

I don't really have an easy Hera team since 1/4/4 doesn't work because of hades.

I'll probably try my Valk team once for the sake of seeing if I could rush through it.

I can also try a

Joker
Siren
Hera-IS
Neptune
Enchilada

Green Odin

team. Can take two hits from Hera and Venus. Survive 1 hit from Hades. Hardest Fight will be the regular enemies.

Or I could just wait for the new 75% damage reduction dragon and make an easy win team for Hera.

I get the feeling I should spend more time on my Astaroth. Anyone got a foolproof Hera-Is plan for Saturday (sans Lucifer), so I can set up a halfway decent Demon team?
Astaroth would be really good for a counter team.

If you want to go for resists, you can also rock dual Abyss Neptune. HOWEVER, you must have a way to take out Chaos Devil Dragon in 4 turns or less because Chaos Breath will kill you.

I should also warn you that there's a good chance you will end up using a stone or two because of Ice Coffin and Crystal Coffin.

Nista

Astaroth would be really good for a counter team.

If you want to go for resists, you can also rock dual Abyss Neptune. HOWEVER, you must have a way to take out Chaos Devil Dragon in 4 turns or less because Chaos Breath will kill you.

I should also warn you that there's a good chance you will end up using a stone or two because of Ice Coffin and Crystal Coffin.

Meh, I hate using stones when it's not a guaranteed drop. That's how I've ended up with half a dozen Berserks and no Chu Chus.

Sadly my Neptune is still Light atm, maybe I should swap him to Dark tomorrow. Or do the Odin/Neptune team. I think my problem last time was not having enough RCV and damage to outlast Hera. Which are the best subs to work on in that case?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So Hera is easy with an Astaroth/Luci combo. Hera-Is, on the other hand, will have to be a different team. There's no GOOD way to make sure you don't get shat on.

maks

Nice to see all this talk about Astaroth. I just got her during the last God Fest. She's evolved and up to lv.38 now. I'm hoping to build a team with her soon. I have a CDD, Gryps Rider Finn, Vampire from today, lv36 TMG MeiMei (not sure if she fits), and tonight I plan to get a Hera or two. =)

Here's my ID just in case 343.850.217. My main leader these days is a WD Ares but green is really looking interesting.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
After a little more thinking, Hera-Is may be Asty/Luci or Asty/Asty-able.

Subs: RK/Amon/Hera-Is/Ceres. My thinking...

RK is to tank two major portions - round 5 Chaos Breath and round 6 Ice Coffin. If you get unlucky and loose BOTH leaders, it's probably going to cost a stone (although if RK is up, you need to absorb 22,704 damage...VERY doable). Careful planning means you can pop it again for Crystal Coffin.

I thought to use Vamp is to give a constant supply of damage dealing orbs, but the hearts are more important I think. I decided on Amon here instead because a counter of ~45k * 5 turns = 227k damage. That's probably more dark damage than I can put out. Ceres is for RCV and green weakness. Asty counter = ~454k total damage. If you roll with Asty/Asty, that's 908k counter damage. So if my damage numbers are right:

Hera-Is starting HP = 1,815,787 * 0.7 grav = 1,271,051
Actual Amon counter (assuming basic attack) = 15,136 * 3x damage * 5 turns = 227,040
Actual Astaroth counter "" = 15,136 * 3x damage * 5 turns * 2 Astaroth * 2x weakness = 908,160

Reamaining HP = 135,851

She'll obviously use Freeze Blast a few times. If you get a counter with Asty during that, you do 18,164 * 3x * 2x = 108,984 vs 90,816 = 18,168 damage

That's pretty substantial! With careful planning, I THINK you can cue Asty - Amon - Asty, stall 5 with RK/Ceres, pop Asty again for the win.

This MAY be my approach...

E: Round 1 may be tough with leaf bind. That's the only real bitch of it. If I can get real lucky and rock the Frost Demon's shit, I think I can make it.

After a little more thinking, Hera-Is may be Asty/Luci or Asty/Asty-able.

Subs: RK/Amon/Hera-Is/Ceres. My thinking...

RK is to tank two major portions - round 5 Chaos Breath and round 6 Ice Coffin. If you get unlucky and loose BOTH leaders, it's probably going to cost a stone (although if RK is up, you need to absorb 22,704 damage...VERY doable). Careful planning means you can pop it again for Crystal Coffin.

I thought to use Vamp is to give a constant supply of damage dealing orbs, but the hearts are more important I think. I decided on Amon here instead because a counter of ~45k * 5 turns = 227k damage. That's probably more dark damage than I can put out. Ceres is for RCV and green weakness. Asty counter = ~454k total damage. If you roll with Asty/Asty, that's 908k counter damage. So if my damage numbers are right:

Hera-Is starting HP = 1,815,787 * 0.7 grav = 1,271,051
Actual Amon counter (assuming basic attack) = 15,136 * 3x damage * 5 turns = 227,040
Actual Astaroth counter "" = 15,136 * 3x damage * 5 turns * 2 Astaroth * 2x weakness = 908,160

Reamaining HP = 135,851

She'll obviously use Freeze Blast a few times. If you get a counter with Asty during that, you do 18,164 * 3x * 2x = 108,984 vs 90,816 = 18,168 damage

That's pretty substantial! With careful planning, I THINK you can cue Asty - Amon - Asty, stall 5 with RK/Ceres, pop Asty again for the win.

This MAY be my approach...

E: Round 1 may be tough with leaf bind. That's the only real bitch of it. If I can get real lucky and rock the Frost Demon's shit, I think I can make it.
Ice Coffin and Crystal Coffin are deadlier than you're thinking, though. Ice Coffin freezes 4 of your six guys for multiple turns, and Crystal Coffin freezes 5 of them. There is an extremely good chance she'll get both leaders, and a 100% chance she'll get at least one with Crystal Coffin. It's very, very hard to weather that storm when it brews.

I also wouldn't count on tanking Chaos Breath. You only get one reprieve, when CDD uses its turn for "Opening Mouth." Then it does Chaos Breath every time it attacks. Thing has a surprising amount of defense, too, so I had to use Neptune to take it down. What I would do is use Astaroth's counter on Chaos Breath. You'll die, but that's only one stone, instead of potentially a lot.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Ice Coffin and Crystal Coffin are deadlier than you're thinking, though. Ice Coffin freezes 4 of your six guys for multiple turns, and Crystal Coffin freezes 5 of them. There is an extremely good chance she'll get both leaders, and a 100% chance she'll get at least one with Crystal Coffin. It's very, very hard to weather that storm when it brews.

I also wouldn't count on tanking Chaos Breath. You only get one reprieve, when CDD uses its turn for "Opening Mouth." Then it does Chaos Breath every time it attacks. Thing has a surprising amount of defense, too, so I had to use Neptune to take it down. What I would do is use Astaroth's counter on Chaos Breath. You'll die, but that's only one stone, instead of potentially a lot.

I don't really remember my Hera-Is clear with the standard resist team, so forgive me...But do the dragons use Chaos Breath every turn? I thought it was a one time thing? (Upon watching a video, it DOES look like it's every turn...So that won't work).

So really, getting through round 5 is the bitch. Round 6 is tough, but SHOULD be doable to some degree (if HP is high enough). But round 5 man...Even with a Luci + gravity, the damage isn't enough. Maybe gravity + RK + Astaroth counter + Luci? But that fucks you over for Hera-Is and not having RK up.

I don't really remember my Hera-Is clear with the standard resist team, so forgive me...But do the dragons use Chaos Breath every turn? I thought it was a one time thing? (Upon watching a video, it DOES look like it's every turn...So that won't work).

So really, getting through round 5 is the bitch. Round 6 is tough, but SHOULD be doable to some degree (if HP is high enough). But round 5 man...Even with a Luci + gravity, the damage isn't enough. Maybe gravity + RK + Astaroth counter + Luci? But that fucks you over for Hera-Is and not having RK up.
Round 5 can be done with three gravities, Morning Star, and a few rounds of Hydra's Poison (depending on how strong your Neptune is). I know from experience. The first time, I was not prepared and just got flat out nuked. That sucked.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Round 5 can be done with three gravities, Morning Star, and a few rounds of Hydra's Poison (depending on how strong your Neptune is). I know from experience. The first time, I was not prepared and just got flat out nuked. That sucked.

Yeah, I used Neptune + Odin to deal with it last time. I'm not sure how to deal with it otherwise, ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom