• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueSteel

Gah, ran SOD Lucifer x 2 team for Zeus Dios. Careless decision to activate lucifers before the second round of gravities ruined me. I'm at work so it was a "fuck it" decision to just waste stones... of which I spent 11.

Sigh, at least I got the bugger, and I have teams prepared to be able to 0-stone Hera-Ur, so none of this nonsense again.

Gah, ran SOD Lucifer x 2 team for Zeus Dios. Careless decision to activate lucifers before the second round of gravities ruined me. I'm at work so it was a "fuck it" decision to just waste stones... of which I spent 11.

Sigh, at least I got the bugger, and I have teams prepared to be able to 0-stone Hera-Ur, so none of this nonsense again.

what are your teams for Hera?

BlueSteel

what are your teams for Hera?

I went with:

SOD Luc (Max) +66 egg
Hera-Is Lvl 66
Hades Max
Hades Max
Siren Lv 43 (Max Skill)
SOD Luc (Max) +over 100.

You're going to need enough HP to need at least 60168 to bypass graviton bomb for Hera

First Floor: Not bad, I took out highlander with 3 gravs and a morning star, then had enough to heal back + timers.
Second floor: Stall to get some turns taken up + get rid of 50k hp, then SOD to wipe him out. Make sure you have enough orbs to heal back at least 11k hp for the next floor.
Third Floor: Not bad, just stall and get everything back up and don't use morning star since Hera will pre-emptively attack
Fourth Floor: Be mindful of how much hp you attack when using gravities and morning stars.
Fifth: Suck up a stone when he binds you. Do two rounds of 3x gravities, then finish him off with two morning stars. Probably will die a bunch of times like me trying to heal. Don't do what I did and use morning star when in between the gravities, I died, then died some more because the calculations meant that gravities did less overall damage and I had to stall 35 rounds just for another morning star.

pad wikia had a team with one less gravity member (a rainbow keeper instead). That might help with damage reduction.

Best of luck!

I went with:

SOD Luc (Max) +66 egg
Hera-Is Lvl 66
Hades Max
Hades Max
Siren Lv 43 (Max Skill)
SOD Luc (Max) +over 100.

You're going to need enough HP to need at least 60168 to bypass graviton bomb for Hera

First Floor: Not bad, I took out highlander with 3 gravs and a morning star, then had enough to heal back + timers.
Second floor: Stall to get some turns taken up + get rid of 50k hp, then SOD to wipe him out. Make sure you have enough orbs to heal back at least 11k hp for the next floor.
Third Floor: Not bad, just stall and get everything back up and don't use morning star since Hera will pre-emptively attack
Fourth Floor: Be mindful of how much hp you attack when using gravities and morning stars.
Fifth: Suck up a stone when he binds you. Do two rounds of 3x gravities, then finish him off with two morning stars. Probably will die a bunch of times like me trying to heal. Don't do what I did and use morning star when in between the gravities, I died, then died some more because the calculations meant that gravities did less overall damage and I had to stall 35 rounds just for another morning star.

pad wikia had a team with one less gravity member (a rainbow keeper instead). That might help with damage reduction.

Best of luck!

was that your Dios team? I managed him in 8 stones. Trying to put together a team for Hera-Ur now

BlueSteel

was that your Dios team? I managed him in 8 stones. Trying to put together a team for Hera-Ur now

Oh woops, yea it was my dios team. Misread and thought you meant hera in round 4 hahaha.

I'm going to try to use SODx2, Hades x2, Vitra, and Drawn Joker. The one at pad wikia had hera-is instead of another Hades but I can't field that team due to costs... I figure it shouldn't be that much different.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I heard she was hard to skill up.

My max skilled Echidna is probably my most prized monster I own.

She is also the biggest headache ever.

Ever.

E: What would be a non-Luci Hera/Is/Ur farm build? Any thoughts? I want to skill my multiple Heras up, and I want to at least clear and obtain Ur.

Did you use Horus to clear Zaerog? What was the team? I tried a few times a little while back but had a hard time comboing high enough to break armor. I'd be fine with burning stones if I knew he was a drop but not before.

I used Horus/Valk/Siegfried/Cu Chu/Echidna (11 turns)/Horus. I managed it in one stone I think. Though I remember getting super lucky with good boards and heart cascades. And it dropped on my first run. That was definitely one of the luckiest days I've ever had in this game. I considered taking Horus/Ra but at the time I wasn't confident with my Ra abilities.

My Hera-Ur team is going to be this I think:

SoD Lucifer (+63 all RCV)
Hera-Is
Hera
Hera
Neptune
SoD Lucifer (hopefully George's but I should be OK with a weaker one)

I have a strategy all planned out and can explain if anyone is curious.

razterik

It's been on plant day almost every time it comes around. I think maybe the first time it was on Monday instead. I wish it was a different day, but at least it is convenient when you can just go grab any plants you need. I am annoyed that gold dragons haven't come yet, so I don't know how many light pengdras I should aim for.

I used Horus/Valk/Siegfried/Cu Chu/Echidna (11 turns)/Horus. I managed it in one stone I think. Though I remember getting super lucky with good boards and heart cascades. And it dropped on my first run. That was definitely one of the luckiest days I've ever had in this game. I considered taking Horus/Ra but at the time I wasn't confident with my Ra abilities.

My Hera-Ur team is going to be this I think:

SoD Lucifer (+63 all RCV)
Hera-Is
Hera
Hera
Neptune
SoD Lucifer (hopefully George's but I should be OK with a weaker one)

I have a strategy all planned out and can explain if anyone is curious.
I am curious, as that is basically the same team I plan to run, except I have Hades for one of your Heras.

razterik

E: What would be a non-Luci Hera/Is/Ur farm build? Any thoughts? I want to skill my multiple Heras up, and I want to at least clear and obtain Ur.

Not sure if farming Hera-Is is worth it. You can skill up everything from there somewhere else that is easier.

Hera-Ur might be worth farming at least one skill up to get her in sync with Byakko. I don't know if she pairs with anything else on a shorter timer (Goemon is longer even when max). Not sure if I will try for that, depends on how tough the dungeon feels during my run.

Plain Jane Hera is a farming spot for herself, Hades, and Hera-Is. I'm rolling it on Friday to get Hera-Is down to a reasonable timer. Might work on Hades too, if my luck is good enough. I am going to run Valk/Valk/Siren/Echidna/King Shynee/Valk, just need to squeak over 10780 so I can take a hit from Ceres.

I am curious, as that is basically the same team I plan to run, except I have Hades for one of your Heras.

1st Floor: Kill Blue/Red Ogre first. May use a gravity to speed things up once it's charged.

2nd Floor: Grind away then use Lucifer once his health is low enough and enough hearts are on the board.

3rd Floor: Nothing special.

4th Floor: Pop Neptune then stall for awhile until her health is below 65%. Then Gravity>Gravity>Lucifer into the final round. Make sure you have hearts to heal a lot on the next turn.

5th Floor: Gravity (maybe). Then just attack heal until she has around 70% HP. Then Gravity>Gravity>Gravity>Lucifer>heal>Lucifer.

I may not pop Gravity immediately on Hera. There's the risk of accidentally getting her HP below 50% which will make healing even harder. I'll have to do some math and see if that is likely. Anyway, the hardest part will be stalling against Hera-Ur herself, but I think I'll have the HP and RCV to handle it.

J0dy77

Was messing around with this team in endless corridors. Amazingly strong. The yellow damage burst is insane when you pop Valk and verche. It makes it really simple to proc Kirin. Just need to make sure a red, green and blue combo is on the board.

INitTssl.jpg

1st Floor: Kill Blue/Red Ogre first. May use a gravity to speed things up once it's charged.

2nd Floor: Grind away then use Lucifer once his health is low enough and enough hearts are on the board.

3rd Floor: Nothing special.

4th Floor: Pop Neptune then stall for awhile until her health is below 65%. Then Gravity>Gravity>Lucifer into the final round. Make sure you have hearts to heal a lot on the next turn.

5th Floor: Gravity (maybe). Then just attack heal until she has around 70% HP. Then Gravity>Gravity>Gravity>Lucifer>heal>Lucifer.

I may not pop Gravity immediately on Hera. There's the risk of accidentally getting her HP below 50% which will make healing even harder. I'll have to do some math and see if that is likely. Anyway, the hardest part will be stalling against Hera-Ur herself, but I think I'll have the HP and RCV to handle it.
Okay, sounds excellent. I'll give that a go, as well, and I'll have Luci up all day, if you need it.

Limit

Is there a consensus on which ultimate evo of Divinegon is most useful? I'm thinking about useful subs for Athena and as Divinegon is one of few dual element gods in my box, I'm going through the process of leveling him up. Light - Dark and Light green are redundant for me because I have SoD Lucifer for Light - Dark and Odin and Zeus Dios for Light - green. Light - Blue and Light - Red are two combos that currently don't exist in any of the other Gods in my possession. Can't decide between these two options.

J0dy77

Is there a consensus on which ultimate evo of Divinegon is most useful? I'm thinking about useful subs for Athena and as Divinegon is one of few dual element gods in my box, I'm going through the process of leveling him up. Light - Dark and Light green are redundant for me because I have SoD Lucifer for Light - Dark and Odin and Zeus Dios for Light - green. Light - Blue and Light - Red are two combos that currently don't exist in any of the other Gods in my possession. Can't decide between these two options.

It seems like everyone on my friend list goes dark. Not sure why though. I don't think I've ever seen a light version.

Colby

Yeah, Pengdra Village will always be on Thursdays. I imagine it's their big money day. It sucks as a consumer, but from a business sense, I can't blame them.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
It seems like everyone on my friend list goes dark. Not sure why though. I don't think I've ever seen a light version.

I think the reason is solely due to the fact that it makes him a dark monster. Luci boosts Dark, and Luci is like, THE leader.

razterik

Light - Blue and Light - Red are two combos that currently don't exist in any of the other Gods in my possession. Can't decide between these two options.

You could also use the new mythic stone dragons to cover these combinations. I wouldn't bother using materials on Divinegon, honestly. Better saved to evolve something useful.

razterik

Here is a look at Hera without using a Unicorn, courtesy of Kane on the Puzzle Dragon forums. Venus can be subbed out for something else, but the HP and light damage are useful.

xCobalt

Was messing around with this team in endless corridors. Amazingly strong. The yellow damage burst is insane when you pop Valk and verche. It makes it really simple to proc Kirin. Just need to make sure a red, green and blue combo is on the board.

I think its probably better if another heartbreaker replaces Valk. Less damage but its way more consistent.

ccbfan

So any confirmation on whether Legend Hera-Ur does Gravity Bomb more than once?

According http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=439

She uses it after Releases Magical Power which she only uses once.

Does this mean she uses Releases Magical Power every time before Gravity Bomb or does this mean after Releases Magical Power she can use gravity bomb whenever she want.

Cause if its the later then it pretty much kills all 1/4/4 teams except Lucifer.

Kreed

So any confirmation on whether Legend Hera-Ur does Gravity Bomb more than once?

According http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=439

She uses it after Releases Magical Power which she only uses once.

Does this mean she uses Releases Magical Power every time before Gravity Bomb or does this mean after Releases Magical Power she can use gravity bomb whenever she want.

Cause if its the later then it pretty much kills all 1/4/4 teams except Lucifer.

After she Releases Magical Power, she will continuously use Gravity Bomb until you kill her.

ccbfan

After she Releases Magical Power, she will continuously use Gravity Bomb until you kill her.

Well there goes my fire noel plan.

But I got a new strat.

Flare Drall
Anubis
Hera
Hera-IS
Siren

partner SOD

Half damage on red/green, 2 heal orb creators.

Stage 1: Kill ice ogre first then stall and charge on 2nd ogre. Hardest Stage.
Stage 2: Easy since first part is weak while 2nd part is half damaged.
Stage 3: Half damage for the whole fight. Easy to grind through.
Stage 4: Easy insta kill. Demi/Demi/LOL Canon
Stage 5: First part half damage. Activate Anubis right before 2nd part. Take one hit. Demi/Demi/LOL Canon. Win.

Any issues with this strat?

Kreed

Well there goes my fire noel plan.

Dual Noels could have worked if we had gotten the Evangelion Collab monster Japan got. Most of the Japanese team recommendations include it for obvious reasons.

But I got a new strat.

Flare Drall
Anubis
Hera
Hera-IS
Siren

partner SOD

Half damage on red/green, 2 heal orb creators.

Stage 1: Kill ice ogre first then stall and charge on 2nd ogre. Hardest Stage.
Stage 2: Easy since first part is weak while 2nd part is half damaged.
Stage 3: Half damage for the whole fight. Easy to grind through.
Stage 4: Easy insta kill. Demi/Demi/LOL Canon
Stage 5: First part half damage. Activate Anubis right before 2nd part. Take one hit. Demi/Demi/LOL Canon. Win.

Any issues with this strat?

This should work. I'm actually considering doing similar, but with Purple Stone Dragon from the new Technical Dungeon and a Rainbow Keeper instead of Anubis. The other team I may try if that doesn't work is a version of this team: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cXatDBlyC2U

What if you replaced Anubis with Amon (blue) or Baal (yellow)? They have dark subs, which will help your HP, and their counters will hit Ur back harder than Anubis's.

Limit

You could also use the new mythic stone dragons to cover these combinations. I wouldn't bother using materials on Divinegon, honestly. Better saved to evolve something useful.

Those new monsters are not Gods though. Just Dragons. They won't benefit from Athena's leader skill. But you are right. Divinegon is kind of mediocre for a God. Since The light element is heavily represented by Athena and my other subs (lucifer and Odin), it might be better to have just a single mono element God like Freyr as one of the subs.

Limit

No particular reason. I frequently run a Ra Horus combo team for grinding and leveling up and am just used to the idea of every colored orb counting towards my attack.

ccbfan

What if you replaced Anubis with Amon (blue) or Baal (yellow)? They have dark subs, which will help your HP, and their counters will hit Ur back harder than Anubis's.

I can't imagine why not. Anubis is only there for the extra attack so Demi/Demi/LOL Canon can happen right after the first dark Hera-UR Attack for the kill and the fact that Anubis has decent RCV. Those guys pretty much fit the same MO.

You don't even need a counter character really. As long as you do like 11000 damage on Dark Hera right after Demi/Demi/LOL Canon. You pretty much insta win the fight so any ripper dragon would work too. I'm mainly using Anubis for the RCV.

razterik

Gigas, too.

And between Green and Blue Odin alone, the awakening system looks to allow -5 on skill countdowns. If GungHo starts planning only around these abilities, so many players are going to get left behind...

J0dy77

Where is Vampire Lord ultimate evolution? Why is he the only heartbreaker still left out?

Mystic knights busties would be nice. I really want Susano and vamp busties more than anything. They're begging for them.

The interface pic cosmo posted got me excited, i thought Susano was getting a busty.

Gigas, too.

And between Green and Blue Odin alone, the awakening system looks to allow -5 on skill countdowns. If GungHo starts planning only around these abilities, so many players are going to get left behind...
I think it only affects cooldowns at the start of battle so you don't have to stall forever to bring skills online. After you use the skill you have to wait the full cycle. I think,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom