• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinko

I got my ass kicked in City of Satan.
I've never had a drop of any boss, no matter how many times I replay the levels with dropable bosses.
I get my ass kicked in No-RCV because of my lack of good healers.
I spent 5 stones in a Verche... that I already had.

This game hates me.

It warms my heart to know I'm not the only one >^^<

Hmm, been thinking about starting over. I'm sitting at about rank 40. I have some decent units like Vampire, Dark Dragon Knight, Thanatos, Siren, Echinda, and Ifrit but the possibility of going back and doing endless gacha pulls until I get a Valkyrie or Bast is really tempting. :/

You would be crazy to re-roll with that list of monsters.

I've been lucky two days in a row, got a King Emerald Dragon yesterday and now a King Metal Dragon with the ALERT! dungeons (wasting stamina while I level) ... are these used for anything OTHER than leveling up?

ParityBit

I've been lucky two days in a row, got a King Emerald Dragon yesterday and now a King Metal Dragon with the ALERT! dungeons (wasting stamina while I level) ... are these used for anything OTHER than leveling up?

I have 2 ruby kings from yesterday and 2 metal today. Not sure where to spend them, if at all at this point. (This is on my ADK account)

Jinko

Just noticed you can hold your finger over the rank number to get your current XP, no need for that XP chart now :p

Yes, read the re-rolling part in OP.

Anyone know why sometimes it said leader skill won't activate at the start of the dungeon for some helper I selected?

They need to be on your friends list to active the leader skill.

MicH

I just purchased a $25 US iTunes card to use on this game and claimed $15 worth of stones immediately. I honestly love this game and thought I wanted to use some money on it. As I can't do that normally seeing as I don't live in the US, I got a gift card. I used some of the stones for boxes (up to 80 now, very nice) and got three pulls. My first pull was a Machine Golem Mk.III (light). Pretty cool looking, will definitely fit my team somehow in the future. My next pull was the Highlander. Not quite sure what to use him for at the moment, but he will fit right in with two other Wood-types (Sylph and Mandrake) and my last pull gave me a Great Valkyrie! Very happy with her!

Now I'll just wait for the metal dragon dungeon in an hour and I'm ready to take on Castle of Satan!

Owzers

welp, Tower of Flare has officially demoralized me. Not sure if i can beat stage 4, i got one shotted by the two bosses who attack at the same time. I had 5200 hp, a beast rider, blue marine goblin, mach 2, dark dragon knight, fenrir, and a lvl 4 siren helper. Only options is taking an earth guardian instead of the blue goblin for the hp despite doing worse damage, and trying to wait until i can get the lvl 5 siren on my friends list to show up.

Does anyone have a lvl 5 siren i can add to my friends list?

ToxicAdam

I got my ass kicked in City of Satan.
I've never had a drop of any boss, no matter how many times I replay the levels with dropable bosses.
I get my ass kicked in No-RCV because of my lack of good healers.
I spent 5 stones in a Verche... that I already had.

This game hates me.

Don't feel bad. I've probably run 1000 levels so far and only ever had a Titan drop.

ToxicAdam

welp, Tower of Flare has officially demoralized me. Not sure if i can beat stage 4, i got one shotted by the two bosses who attack at the same time. I had 5200 hp, a beast rider, blue marine goblin, mach 2, dark dragon knight, fenrir, and a lvl 4 siren helper. Only options is taking an earth guardian instead of the blue goblin for the hp despite doing worse damage, and trying to wait until i can get the lvl 5 siren on my friends list to show up.

Does anyone have a lvl 5 siren i can add to my friends list?

I have a 5 star siren at 341'534'293

I have a friend that has a flame drall at 338'733'296. That monster can half flame damage and his an orb switcher that changes wood to heal orbs. Pretty useful.

Owzers

I have a friend that has a flame drall at 338'733'296. That monster can half flame damage and his an orb switcher that changes wood to heal orbs. Pretty useful.

time for me to make some room on my friends list :p Be on the look out for a turtleGAF

xCobalt

Worst feeling ever is feeding 2 or 3 king dragons to a monster and getting nothing but then immediately feeding some fodder monster to pengdras and getting great/super.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Worst feeling ever is feeding 2 or 3 king dragons to a monster and getting nothing but then immediately feeding some fodder monster to pengdras and getting great/super.

Ha - I get this shit ALL the time. I need like, 100xp to level and get a SUPER! And it was immediately after (like you said), a mega feeding.

xCobalt

OHyrM.jpg

Took awhile but I finally did it. Wasted 50 stamina yesterday only to lose in the early rounds. Modified my team to make it much more defensive. Had a dragon to reduce dark damage by 50%, two healers and a Rainbow Keeper with an Ice Guardian for the extra health and defensive stance.

Kyuur

Can someone explain to me what the best way to level up skills for a particular monster? The help says 'similar monsters'. Does the mean the same monster, from the same evo tree or just the same element?

Also, what does +1 and +2 mean on a portrait of a monster? I've seen it occasionally.. can't figure out.

Uthred

Took awhile but I finally did it. Wasted 50 stamina yesterday only to lose in the early rounds. Modified my team to make it much more defensive. Had a dragon to reduce dark damage by 50%, two healers and a Rainbow Keeper with an Ice Guardian for the extra health and defensive stance.

Nice, do the dragons only drop on master+? Ive spent the last week running the adept level dark and light dragon dungeons to no avail (could of course just be shitty drop chance)

xCobalt

Nice, do the dragons only drop on master+? Ive spent the last week running the adept level dark and light dragon dungeons to no avail (could of course just be shitty drop chance)

They drop on all levels but the chances are higher on the more difficult dungeons.

Raven77

Couple of questions

Loving this game...

- My blue starter thing has hit "max level" but I have no idea what to do next, I try to do evolve fusion and it is just all blank. I have lots of coins and I have some blue evo materials but I can't add anything.

- Making combo's, is there some sort of technique to moving the orbs? IDK I feel like i'm missing something here.

- Is there a monster guide that shows which ones are the best to keep and which ones should just be fed to your others?

- Are there any items (like the Green Dragon Seeds) that should NOT be wasted trying to lvl up lower level stuff (I have 4 Green Dragon Seeds, fed them ALL to my Green Carbuncle...hope that wasn't a mistake).

Any help at all would be great, the OP is good but I feel a bit lost still and all the Wiki's and Guides I've found are not helpful at all.

Couple of questions

Loving this game...

- My blue starter thing has hit "max level" but I have no idea what to do next, I try to do evolve fusion and it is just all blank. I have lots of coins and I have some blue evo materials but I can't add anything.
You should be able to evolve it as long as you have one Dragon Seed. You're not supposed to add anything; the game determines if you have the evo materials automatically. Post a screenshot of your evo screen?
- Making combo's, is there some sort of technique to moving the orbs? IDK I feel like i'm missing something here.
There's a pic in the OP of common ways to solve certain orb configurations. After a bit of practice you should be able to set multiple combos in one turn.
- Is there a monster guide that shows which ones are the best to keep and which ones should just be fed to your others?
Mostly dungeon fodder. Sometimes you get a rare drop from like a boss or something; those shouldn't be fed to anything.
- Are there any items (like the Green Dragon Seeds) that should NOT be wasted trying to lvl up lower level stuff (I have 4 Green Dragon Seeds, fed them ALL to my Green Carbuncle...hope that wasn't a mistake).
Pretty much only the plants and ~lits are "safe" to feed, since other stuff gets increasingly difficult to find or farm.
Can someone explain to me what the best way to level up skills for a particular monster? The help says 'similar monsters'. Does the mean the same monster, from the same evo tree or just the same element?

Also, what does +1 and +2 mean on a portrait of a monster? I've seen it occasionally.. can't figure out.

For a skillup, you need to feed a monster that has the EXACT same skill. Doesn't necessarily have to be one from the same evolution path or the same element.

Monster with a +number have boosted HP/ATK/RCV, viewable if you go to check the monster for more information. You can feed a boosted monster to another and the statups will transfer.

Just want to say things to all the GAFers whose monsters have been helping me out. Special thanks to MashingGaf whose healer is amazing.

So I still have my present if someone wants it.
My ID is 391,033,291

Still using either my Plesios or the Wood Mech Warrior Asgard as my leaders.

W1SSY

Trying to evolve my cupid and have no clue what I am missing. The first slot in evo material is a question mark. Tried farming stuff and now have a lot of lits and masks but not what I need. Anyone know what I could be missing?

Kyuur

For a skillup, you need to feed a monster that has the EXACT same skill. Doesn't necessarily have to be one from the same evolution path or the same element.

Monster with a +number have boosted HP/ATK/RCV, viewable if you go to check the monster for more information. You can feed a boosted monster to another and the statups will transfer.

Thank you for the information! I take it that it is extremely hard to level up moves for say, your starter's final form or gods. I was hoping I could somehow up my Minerva's bomb attack. :(

So far I am loving this. My team right now is water/fire, using my starter, rare pull god Minerva, 2 carbuncles and a Blue Dragon that I am working on evolving.

Just found an @GAF member randomly in my last dungeon too!

garath

Trying to evolve my cupid and have no clue what I am missing. The first slot in evo material is a question mark. Tried farming stuff and now have a lot of lits and masks but not what I need. Anyone know what I could be missing?

Its a rare gold mask.

Whats the best place to farm fusion materials for fire, dark, water, and light monsters? im only up to the second level of castle of satan but i cant beat it

Asked this earlier but it got buried. Are the starter level dragons and lil dragons worth leveling? They are taking up a ton of room in my box and have no shot at hitting my lineup. Do they eventually become worthwhile?

The lil' dragons offer damage reduction for their respective color, so leveling one up so that you can get damage reduction in a future dungeon can be good.

You can not get starters any other way than through the present pull, so I think you should keep them, if room is an issue, magic stoning some more boxes is not a bad way to spend a dollar.

Its a rare gold mask.

Where do you get the rare gold mask? Is it the wednesday dungeon?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Ugh, just found out max friends is 100. So I guess I'm going to run out of room soon, then start cutting based on who hasn't played in several days.

consensus seems to be to lvl up carbuncles and feed those to what you want to power up fusion.

carbuncles are readily dropped and fodder is found everywhere as well

i think thats to minimize the amount of gold you have to spend, but i have a ton of gold and not enough fodder. i believe you get more exp feeding directly to the guy you want to level as opposed to going through a carbuncle first, so id really like to maximize exp gained on the guy im levelling / stamina spent

Owzers

The lil' dragons offer damage reduction for their respective color, so leveling one up so that you can get damage reduction in a future dungeon can be good.

You can not get starters any other way than through the present pull, so I think you should keep them, if room is an issue, magic stoning some more boxes is not a bad way to spend a dollar.

Where do you get the rare gold mask? Is it the wednesday dungeon?

I'm running into this too now that my Mandrake is lvl 66 and i'm eying evolving her...but i don't have the materials. I don't know where to get that stuff either.

blackflag

Got any randoms you can remove?

Also, anyone with a shiva? I've never even seen one on my explorers list.

So started on Friday night and been grinding XP with small attention while working and stuff and I'm set up like this from scratch.

Verche - God - Level 30
Amaterasu - God - Level 30
Tyrannos - Max level - (Next to evolve)
Toyceratops - Max Level - (Needs evolving, haven't discovered like any mats yet so +-)
Devil Dragon - levle 17/70

Rank 51.

(What's the mats for evolving Tyrannos?, I have them all except one [?])

xelios

Yeah Flare Drall not only halves flame damage but wood as well. I assume there are several of these dual defense dragons as I also have Megalodran which halves water and fire damage, with fire > heart orb conversion as well. I imagine it'd be useful to have them all. Gonna find them on the wiki!

Radav

Man oh man I'm a little stuck. I'm in desperate need of about 20 dragon plants and just ground the 3rd level of Tower Of Giants for about 1.5 hours with NO luck on drops. lol I have 15 emerald dragons and a bunch of wood pengdra that need evolving so I can feed them to my dryad and brachys.

What are you guys doing with all your pengdras? I really don't see being able to evolve them all with the requirements they need.

xCobalt

Man oh man I'm a little stuck. I'm in desperate need of about 20 dragon plants and just ground the 3rd level of Tower Of Giants for about 1.5 hours with NO luck on drops. lol I have 15 emerald dragons and a bunch of wood pengdra that need evolving so I can feed them to my dryad and brachys.

What are you guys doing with all your pengdras? I really don't see being able to evolve them all with the requirements they need.

The only viable time to really farm Dragon Plants are the special Thursday dungeons.

xelios

Yeah I am waiting on that Thursday dungeon like you wouldn't believe.

Tuesday as well to evolve my Amaterasu, though I don't know how I'm going to level her up efficiently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom