• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really remember my Hera-Is clear with the standard resist team, so forgive me...But do the dragons use Chaos Breath every turn? I thought it was a one time thing? (Upon watching a video, it DOES look like it's every turn...So that won't work).

So really, getting through round 5 is the bitch. Round 6 is tough, but SHOULD be doable to some degree (if HP is high enough). But round 5 man...Even with a Luci + gravity, the damage isn't enough. Maybe gravity + RK + Astaroth counter + Luci? But that fucks you over for Hera-Is and not having RK up.

Reading the ZH Wiki strategy for Asty/Luci, on round 5 the explanation was:
- Immediate Grav+Morningstar, CDD down to 187,084 HP
- Curse of Wood + R.Keeper before the first Chaos Ray, it should die on the second reflection
- Pray both leaders don't get bound by Ice Coffin

Also apparently the ZH Wiki nickname for the healer girls are the Milkmaids.

Has anyone had any success farming Hera with a Horus team? I was thinking of trying with my SS Zeus setup, slightly modified with Cu Chu to break Neptune's defense. But if there is a reliable Horus team I may go for that. There are a few on PDX, but I was wondering if anyone here had thoughts. In fact any potential farming team would be welcome.

maks

I'm going to make my first attempt at Hera tonight. I'm thinking about going with this team...

x4Kceae.jpg

I could go with a Wood Samurai Ogre instead of the Gigas as my lead. Think that would go ok or is it better to stick with Gigas heartbreaker skill ?

I just passed Church of Satan and want to level up my party a bit. Does anyone have any tips?

Run the first three tiers of technical dungeons. They drop Pengdra, which at max LV10 feed for 9000 EXP to same-element monsters. Better yet, evolve them with a Dragon Plant and two same-colored Jewel Dragons and they will instead feed for 45k EXP.

Neki

I just started this game (Rank 10) and I got this King Gold Dragon, should I keep it or is it worth the 300k to sell?

maks

I just started this game (Rank 10) and I got this King Gold Dragon, should I keep it or is it worth the 300k to sell?

What leader do you have? Since you just started you may want to consider re-rolling until you get a great one as listed in the OP. 300K is quite a lot of money for your early level. Better to feed it to a good monster.

Neki

Post a screenshot of your monster box.

I have like five monsters I'm using, I don't think a box screenshot would be that useful at my level.

What leader do you have? Since you just started you may want to consider re-rolling until you get a great one as listed in the OP. 300K is quite a lot of money for your early level. Better to feed it to a good monster.

I'm okay with no re-rolling, I don't want to be too hardcore about it, I've done it in other games and it's sapped my will to play them, so I'm just going slow and steady now.

Zero_IYAD

Wohoooooooooo :"D

tumblr_msp4anQVbT1srgzyyo1_400.png

tumblr_msp4ayKjXX1srgzyyo1_400.png

2 stones & could have done better.
The 1st on the 1st round, bad luck as usual, got 2 demons attacking at the same time & no healing orbs in the board after their attack.. Been up for 22 hours & I didn't wanna wait for 40 stamina to refill again so I threw a stone.
The 2nd on Hera & it was my mistake, I rushed into fighting her & beat Hades without waiting for all the monsters to charge their skills.

I LOVE THIS TEAM! RK + Echidna + Siren, they are unbreakable!
They saved me many times & it's not that hard once you know when to activate each of their skills.

Took me an hour & a half to beat the dungeon, not as bad as I thought!

At last got a really good god :")

Good night zzzZZZ

Congrats, Zero!

RE: Horus team, I'm currently trying this team: Horus, Echidna, Underlord Inferno Hades, Rose Valk, Abysss Neptune, Horus. I played one round, so far, and the phone got a bit laggy, so I'm taking a break. Will update on progress.

EDIT: I died. It was due to me playing like crap, though. I probably should sleep instead. I'll try again tomorrow, maybe.

J0dy77

The 1st on the 1st round, bad luck as usual, got 2 demons attacking at the same time & no healing orbs in the board after their attack.. Been up for 22 hours & I didn't wanna wait for 40 stamina to refill again so I threw a stone.
The 2nd on Hera & it was my mistake, I rushed into fighting her & beat Hades without waiting for all the monsters to charge their skills.

They saved me many times & it's not that hard once you know when to activate each of their skills.

Good night zzzZZZ

If say zero is getting pretty hooked. :).

Kreed

http://25.media.tumblr.com/bea27a9de0c78439842fb2219dd97b54/tumblr_msp4anQVbT1srgzyyo1_400.png[IMG]

[IMG]http://31.media.tumblr.com/c21ad9b1b011aa0c30d8a89a25689338/tumblr_msp4ayKjXX1srgzyyo1_400.png[IMG]

Good night zzzZZZ[/QUOTE]

Congrats! If you have time/stamina, try to get a second one.

razterik

So, blue/green and light/dark.

Running Hera with max Valk, max Great Valk, Siren, Echidna, King Shynee, and best friend Valk I can find. Pretty quick and easy as long as I remember to activate skills at the right times. 0/25 now. Feels bad.

Edit: Fused a few of the knights I picked up. 3 skill ups. WHYYY

This may be the worst thing I have ever attempted in PAD. Going to stop for a while and try again later.

Limit

My box was already filled to the brim with pengdras and just as I did 20 pal points pull; lo and behold 5 more pengdras.

Mo pengdras Mo problems.

raiot

It does not look like its a blue green... in the other thread it is strongly suggested that we get double blue and double white.
How much life do you have? how do you survive Ceres Razterik?

My team is: Rose Valk 85+7, Rose Valk 55, Echidna 98 +10, King Shynee, Siren 66 +39, Best Valk friend. All max skill except the shynee and I cant get over 10700 without a maxed Valk friend...

razterik

Well, his highlights look green to me, so I guessed. And Verche gets a big black cape? Eh, whatever they do with them is fine.

My Valk is +297 and most of the ones I pair with are same or close. So I tend to tank Ceres for a turn or two. But I did see some people running a CoC Healer along with Siren to burst both Minerva and Ceres.

Damn I need to get around to getting a king shynee. That Valk team may be the best farming option.

And hot damn, Verche's new art is sick. Fenrir's is kinda meh...

raiot

Well, his highlights look green to me, so I guessed. And Verche gets a big black cape? Eh, whatever they do with them is fine.

My Valk is +297 and most of the ones I pair with are same or close. So I tend to tank Ceres for a turn or two. But I did see some people running a CoC Healer along with Siren to burst both Minerva and Ceres.

Yeah, your certainly right with the green tint and black cape... We will see soon enought :)

Yeah, it looks like water/water and light/light for those, but I actually like verche's old art better than the one posted. I hope they get a nice little boost or something.

Edit: damn, razterik. That's some tough luck with Hera skill ups. :(

Anyone can put up max Odin? I really need him. What's your tactic zero?
I just put up my 95 Odin. He has enough +eggs to essentially be maxed.

Just ran Hera with my Horus team. It went really well. Team was Orochi, Echidna (max skill), Rose Valk, Cu Chu. Had about 17k HP. Stalled as much as I could rounds 1-4. I wanted echidna up and ready by Venus but it didn't quite make it. Stalled against Venus until she was ready, used her skill then stalled some more. Stalled a few turns against Minerva but killed her before she attacked. Killed Ceres before attack, used Cu Chu on Neptune, Echidna was back up at this point in case I needed her. Could have stalled against Hades if I needed to. Ideally Echidna is ready to use against Hera. Then it's Echidna > attack > take hit, Orochi > kill. The nice things is if for some reason I can't kill Hera by the time Orochi's skill is used up, Echidna is ready again to give me three more turns. This build feels pretty safe, so I may farm a bit today.

J0dy77

I just put up my 95 Odin. He has enough +eggs to essentially be maxed.

Just ran Hera with my Horus team. It went really well. Team was Orochi, Echidna (max skill), Rose Valk, Cu Chu. Had about 17k HP. Stalled as much as I could rounds 1-4. I wanted echidna up and ready by Venus but it didn't quite make it. Stalled against Venus until she was ready, used her skill then stalled some more. Stalled a few turns against Minerva but killed her before she attacked. Killed Ceres before attack, used Cu Chu on Neptune, Echidna was back up at this point in case I needed her. Could have stalled against Hades if I needed to. Ideally Echidna is ready to use against Hera. Then it's Echidna > attack > take hit, Orochi > kill. The nice things is if for some reason I can't kill Hera by the time Orochi's skill is used up, Echidna is ready again to give me three more turns. This build feels pretty safe, so I may farm a bit today.

This is the exact team I was thinking of running with. I really need to skill up hera-is. I'll see how it goes.

StMeph

For some reason I thought today was Hera-Is instead of Hera.

My Freyja is ready, but I still don't have a King Shynee, nor do I have a King Gold Dragon to evo it anyway. Ugh.

Kreed

What team did you use?

2 Pics for Fenrir and Verche Ulti from the Puzzledragonsforum thread about 6.0 changes:

http://blog-imgs-60.fc2.com/p/a/z/pazusoku/chi2.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://blog-imgs-60.fc2.com/p/a/z/pazusoku/BkwjUuK.jpg[IMG]

[url]http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=17127[/url][/QUOTE]

Going further in the thread it looks like those two are fakes/from a Chinese knock off game.

[url]http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=17127&page=6[/url]

Edit: Beaten

Dunlop

Are there different events between Android and IOS?

My buddy was running a special metal dragon dungeon, on my phone it was not even listed

He farmed a ton of dragons ; (

Are there different events between Android and IOS?

My buddy was running a special metal dragon dungeon, on my phone it was not even listed

He farmed a ton of dragons ; (

the metal dragon dungeons are time based based on your id code. http://www.puzzledragonx.com/ usually has a list of when these dungeons will be available for your id code. make sure you have the time zone right.

or download PADGuide and set the timer to alert you when these dungeons are active.

SaberVulcan

So I think I need to do some Friendslist cleaning. I took a small break and now it seems 1/3 of my list runs Valk, which I never run :(.

Mostly run Lucifer with splashes of Haku, Loki, and Hermes. Looking for some more Lucifer, Haku especially.

VulcanPGAF - 368,142,201

So I think I need to do some Friendslist cleaning. I took a small break and now it seems 1/3 of my list runs Valk, which I never run :(.

Mostly run Lucifer with splashes of Haku, Loki, and Hermes. Looking for some more Lucifer, Haku especially.

VulcanPGAF - 368,142,201

Added you for the Luci x Loki, I&I x Hermes setup.

VulcanPGAF - 368,142,201
We're friends I think. I don't use them on my own very often but if you ever need Luci or Haku feel free to let me know.

suko_32

VulcanPGAF - 368,142,201

Friended. Usually have SoD Lucy, Hermes, I&I, or Horus up.

Zero_IYAD

Thanks everyone : )
I wouldn't have made it this far without your help.
What's your tactic zero?
The most common one online:
Am running this team with an Awoken Odin partner:

tumblr_mso00mOPZr1srgzyyo1_400.png

Siren is the only one Max skilled

- 1st 4 rounds: Take down any devil since it attacks every turn.
Take down one of any monsters attacking at the same turn.
HEAL HEAL HEAL
Always ALWAYS keep your HP maxed, Odin cuts ANY damage by 80%
Charge as many skills as possible before moving from one round to another.

- Venus: She attacks every turn.
Make sure you always heal on every turn.
If you get unlucky, activate Siren's skill.
Still no luck? Go with Echidna's.
Worst luck? Activate RK's defense & pray for hearts.
Worst luck in the universe? You might see Siren skill charged again before your HP hits 0.
Aside from that, you'll need to use a stone.
For higher damage, activate Machine Golem's skill whenever it's charged + Odin skill + CDD skill.

- Minerva, Ceres: Easiest version of Venus since they don't attack every turn.

- Neptune: The easiest, wait for your Golem's skill to charge, use it with Odin's & CDD's to nuke him in one shot.

- Hades: Lamest longest battle.. just make sure your HP is ALWAYS MAXED before he hits.
You'll take a 8000-something damage, but you can heal before his next attack.

- Hera: Exact strategy as Venus.
Lesser hit since Odin cuts her damage by 80% & CDD leader cuts what's remaining by 50%.. but longer battle since she has crazy HP.

That's pretty much it : )

VulcanPGAF - 368,142,201
I run Luci pretty much all the time, and I have a scrubby Haku just sitting around, who will be ready for action soon-ish. I'm actually looking for Hermes friends, too, right now.

I'll send you a request later today. I don't have a GAF tag, though, so if John Death sends a request, it's me.

Figcoinc

Unconfirmed Member
Hey all! Still incredibly new, but learning from you guys. Will read up more over this weekend. I was just curious on how I look so far. Here's a photo of my monster box. Should I reroll, or am I cool? Thanks all.

http://imgur.com/5ywP31e

Hey all! Still incredibly new, but learning from you guys. Will read up more over this weekend. I was just curious on how I look so far. Here's a photo of my monster box. Should I reroll, or am I cool? Thanks all!

http://twitpic.com/dc8g1y

welcome.

oi, reroll now or wait until you get 3 more stones and see what you get...then reroll.

Ideally, you want either Kirin, Horus, or Lucy. Check the OP for a list of monsters you want to start with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom