• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

J. Bravo

uh why is my blue carbuncle worth 10,300 coins? Because it's +1? Does that mean I should feed it to someone, or does that +1 even matter?

Figcoinc

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome! Thanks man! I will do that. I was just using this run to kind of get used to the mechanics, and what not. :)

welcome.

oi, reroll now or wait until you get 3 more stones and see what you get...then reroll.

Ideally, you want either Kirin, Horus, or Lucy. Check the OP for a list of monsters you want to start with.

I decided to go ahead and feed my two snow globe dragons to Awoken Odin. I needed a little more than that to max him out so I added a couple more materials. I got a 'great' and boom, I have a max level Odin.

Here's a copy of most of my green monsters (the missing ones are inconsequential). My mono-green right now is Freyja/Parv/ADK/Cu/ADK. What is my ideal team with what I have? Odin in for the second ADK?

6787443346de93b2f2acd78815f7ae73.png

I decided to go ahead and feed my two snow globe dragons to Awoken Odin. I needed a little more than that to max him out so I added a couple more materials. I got a 'great' and boom, I have a max level Odin.

Here's a copy of most of my green monsters (the missing ones are inconsequential). My mono-green right now is Freyja/Parv/ADK/Cu/ADK. What is my ideal team with what I have? Odin in for the second ADK?

6787443346de93b2f2acd78815f7ae73.png

I'd switch out the 2nd ADK for either Odin or Susano. Team is full of orb changers, no need for another ADK.

on the topic of ADK...strongly considereing cannabalizing my main ADK for the + eggs and give it to Ra. I'd have 38+ eggs to give to him. It's basically my go-to team for descended dungeons at the moment.

SaintR

So I think I need to do some Friendslist cleaning. I took a small break and now it seems 1/3 of my list runs Valk, which I never run :(.

Mostly run Lucifer with splashes of Haku, Loki, and Hermes. Looking for some more Lucifer, Haku especially.

VulcanPGAF - 368,142,201

Mostly run Luci, Horus, I&I so more Hermes and Luci friends are always welcome. Saintr@GAF

Edit: also running Awoken Hera-is with Luci partner... Surprisingly strong team. 0-stoned Valk with just 2 gravs on the team.

Kreed

Aaaaaand a 2nd Hera :D

http://25.media.tumblr.com/0c52d21c92871c11ddb0161fe58ba146/tumblr_mspue0jSps1srgzyyo1_400.png[IMG]

Much worse board this time!
Had to use 3 stones on Hera :|[/QUOTE]

Now that you have Hera, and I noticed you've got a Drawn Joker, you could probably tackle Hera-Is Legend tomorrow with an Odin friend. Pretty much the same strategy except you'd replace your Light Golem with Hera and be prepared for the Demons/Hera-Is to use Bind on your monsters. The Demons in the first round will Bind Odin, especially now that Awoken Odin has a light subtype, so Drawn Joker will be vital here, and Hera-Is binds 5 monsters on the first turn, so you will want to activate Siren or one of your other monsters skills to protect you for 1-2 turns. Hera-Is also uses a bind on 3 monsters after her HP hits less than 40%.

ccbfan

Been doing Hera extremely easily with a

Joker
Siren
Enchilada
Neptune
Hera-IS (Hera might be better here but I kept Hera-IS for the higher HP and RCV)
+
best Green Odin.

Round 1 - 4 is easy because of the high HP, High RCV and decent damage from Hera-IS and Green Odin. Also very easy to charge. So my Green Odin, Siren and Enchilada were all fully charged after each stage.

Venus - the most dangerous fight but luckily low HP so I was able to take her out quickly.
Minerva - Super easy, I'm half a sleep fight her.
Ceres - Easy, the 2 counter instead of 3 makes you somewhat pay attention.
Neptune - Super easy, I'm half a sleep fight him.
Hades - Super easy, I'm half a sleep fight him.

Hera - Takes a long time with the high HP but absolutely no danger. I could survive two of her attacks with no healing, I have a 5 counter Siren, in case my siren isn't charged up I have a joker to create heal orbs. In case the game decide to be a jerk and give me not enough red, dark or heal orbs then I have Enchilada.

Takes like an hour though.

Not sure how many I should grab. I was gonna grab a bunch for Awoken skills but with low storage space and the fact that Hera seems to show up every other event. Maybe I should just wait.

Might try with Valk with my last set of 50 stam when it recharges tonight.

Zero_IYAD

Now that you have Hera, and I noticed you've got a Drawn Joker, you could probably tackle Hera-Is Legend tomorrow with an Odin friend. Pretty much the same strategy except you'd replace your Light Golem with Hera and be prepared for the Demons/Hera-Is to use Bind on your monsters. The Demons in the first round will Bind Odin, especially now that Awoken Odin has a light subtype, so Drawn Joker will be vital here, and Hera-Is binds 5 monsters on the first turn, so you will want to activate Siren or one of your other monsters skills to protect you for 1-2 turns. Hera-Is also uses a bind on 3 monsters after her HP hits less than 40%.
Am going for the Ancient Fire Dragon tomorrow.
I checked the team you mentioned, it's risky with my low levelled Hera/Joker, also being a technical dungeon is really hard, Hera-Is skills will burn my stones on an unguaranteed drop, so I'll push tackling her till her next descent.
For now I need to level a Hera & the important monsters I have.

Also I still have a good number of stones, waiting for the REM event with our votes -the one on facebook right now- might at least help me get a new god.

The binds are 4 and 5--not 5 and 3.

Damn. Decided to test out an different build on my Goemon team to tackle Hera. Everything went well until Ceres, where I caught a cascade of hearts that healed me well over my threshold. I didn't bother to check how much damage Neptune hit for, only remember how much he hit in Ocean of Heaven. I figured I was gonna die anyway, so I burned all my skills and waited to die. Lo and behold he hit for only 18K, and I was back in business. Tried to combo up to break his defense, but it left him with a tiny chunk of health left, AND another cascade put me above the threshold. Wasn't able to heal enough before his next turn, and I died.

Was a fun death, though.

What does the +1 mean on a monster?

illmatic, that means that the monster has an upgraded state. Take a look at his monster info, and check which stat is boosted, whether it be HP, Attack, or RCV. You can choose to feed this to a monster you use often, or collect a bunch of +eggs to feed to something.

Zero_IYAD

So jealous. I tried Hera twice with your team and got roflstomped, now I'm deep in it a third time and have already spent three stones. So brutal :(
Sorry to hear that!
1st 4 rounds are annoying, but once your skills charge they go by fine.
& I really don't see any problems with the gods battles afterwards.
Hera is annoying with her crazy HP & relying on a total random board.

What does the +1 mean on a monster?

it's a permanant stat boost that carries over between fusions. generally, it's best to store your + eggs on a monster until about 5, 10, or 15 and feed to a useful monster : Echilada, Horus, Lucy, etc.

+ eggs drop more frequently with the x1.5 - x2 drop rate increases

So I'm not sure exactly how Awoken skills are going to work nor what Awoken skills each monster will have. So I've just been holding on to the drops I've been farming from the descended dungeons. I've got a couple of Zeus and Heras. Once details on Awoken skills become clearer, I'll be able to decide what to do with them.

So I'm not sure exactly how Awoken skills are going to work nor what Awoken skills each monster will have. So I've just been holding on to the drops I've been farming from the descended dungeons. I've got a couple of Zeus and Heras. Once details on Awoken skills become clearer, I'll be able to decide what to do with them.
I've been hoarding Nebra Disks ever since they mentioned Awakening skillups; biweekly dragons are a really good target because they're farmable and you don't need to level and evolve them before they gain the ability to be awakened. And the OOPArt dragons are like weaker versions of descended bosses with leader swap, making them actually useful. Should have about 15 or so before the dungeon shuts down tomorrow.

Speaking of which the green OOPArt dragon is supposed to be Zeus for green monsters (for real this time)?
Edit: also it's anime as h*ck
Qdtq8bJ.jpg

Ashodin

I've been hoarding Nebra Disks ever since they mentioned Awakening skillups; biweekly dragons are a really good target because they're farmable and you don't need to level and evolve them before they gain the ability to be awakened. And the OOPArt dragons are like weaker versions of descended bosses with leader swap, making them actually useful. Should have about 15 or so before the dungeon shuts down tomorrow.

Speaking of which the green OOPArt dragon is supposed to be Zeus for green monsters (for real this time)?
Edit: also it's anime as h*ck
Qdtq8bJ.jpg

Spigot-kun

daw840

Well, I got me a Hera....after 18 stones. God that was a bitch. Thankfully, she will help me out greatly on my dark team for other descended dungeons. Also, they were MOSTLY free stones. Probably better than I would have gotten during a GodFest with 3 or 4 pulls.

Ashodin

Well, I got me a Hera....after 18 stones. God that was a bitch. Thankfully, she will help me out greatly on my dark team for other descended dungeons. Also, they were MOSTLY free stones. Probably better than I would have gotten during a GodFest with 3 or 4 pulls.

Gravity son. I needs it.

does anybody have a dark minerva they plan to use to run Hera-Ur?

I have a Dark Minerva, I evo'd her specifically to run Hera-Ur (legend, probably not Mythical). I have been trying to determine a good team to go along with her all week, I can do a Dark Minerva, Triple Gravity (D/D Hades, Hera, and Hera-IS), RK, + SoD Luci, (26k HP I think)

or I can do a high HP Red team

Dark Minerva, Lvl 85 Goemon, RGG, Echidna (or a Busty Berserk), Shiva, and friend Ares (would get to about 30-36k after all HP is considered)

However, I am just not sold that I could beat even legend with either team. would dual Dark Minerva's work? That's 75% damage and I can float 16-18k hp with that red team...

That Ifrit and the first level has me worried for both teams though...

Holy crap. What team did you run?

Jagernaut

Congrats, level up that Hera and she will make the next Hera run much faster. With 2 Hera gravities you can immediately reduce any boss's hp to 49%.

daw840

Holy crap. What team did you run?

Duke Vampire Lord - Leader, Level 43
Chaos Devil Dragon - Level 68
Rainbow Keeper - Level Max
Witch of the Night, Lilith - Level 53
Chaos Dragon Knight - Level 61
Seraph of Dawn Lucifer - Friend Leader, Level 94

Blew through the whole dungeon using 1 stone, until Hera. God she's a bitch.

daemissary

Have they said when we're supposed to get the details on the Awoken skills?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Decided to try a random assortment of monsters for my first Zeus dungeon ever. Turned out pretty OK. Max skilled Echidna was absolutely necessary. Ceres could, in theory, have been replaced by a max skilled Siren. I did get a little close with heal orbs a few times. Fun run, though!

For Size said:

linsivvi

Duke Vampire Lord - Leader, Level 43
Chaos Devil Dragon - Level 68
Rainbow Keeper - Level Max
Witch of the Night, Lilith - Level 53
Chaos Dragon Knight - Level 61
Seraph of Dawn Lucifer - Friend Leader, Level 94

Blew through the whole dungeon using 1 stone, until Hera. God she's a bitch.

Next time put a Siren in there. You would've saved a lot of stones.

Probably not until 6.0 actually hits in Japan, which is slated to be sometime this month.

Until then you can stare at the moonrunes in this vague and unhelpful page which gets stealth edited every once in a while:
http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/130830_kakusei.html

I hope the drop rates in metal dungeons won't be too low.....

Blah, who am I kidding here?

can anyone put a SOD Lucifer up? All out of options on my current friends list and want another crack at Hera again this evening.

366,047,243 / outlaw @PG

SaberVulcan - added you

Ducarmel

noob question I am rank 50 and I have no god monsters did I mess up somewhere?

I just jumped into the game a few weeks ago without reading the beginners guide. I recently reached Polar Night Tower, I noticed the game is considerably harder it took me all weak to get through castle of satan and tower of flare.

Is this normal, should I reroll?

I just jumped into the game a few weeks ago without reading the beginners guide. I recently reached Polar Night Tower, I noticed the game is considerably harder it took me all weak to get through castle of satan and tower of flare.

You haven't done anything wrong. You've just reached a point in the game where the difficulty spikes considerably. As far as whether you should reroll, you don't NEED to, but it's something you might want to consider. Assuming you don't plan on spending money, the first pull is the only one that you can "control" (given enough time/patience) what monster you get. You can easily start over until you get a monster that will carry you into the end game.

That said, there are plenty of people here who stuck with what they got and now have some great teams. Given enough time (and a little bit of luck) you can certainly make do with what you've got and eventually take on the late game content. If you want any advice feel free to post your monster box. You can also check out the first comment for a good idea of what monsters to go after if you decide to reroll.

Jagernaut

B-B-but Yomi is a girl...

Update on Hera-Is: 1/33. That's better, right guys? Right?

I would love a max skilled Hera or Hera-Is but I just don't have the patience to go through that. I'm having a hard enough time max skilling my Echidna (still at 13 turns after a lot of feeds).

Ducarmel

Thanks for the advice atlantaguy. I will probably play a bit more to see what I face later in the game if its a chore to get through the harder dungeons I guess I might reroll.

Amon37

This is where I'm at and it's frustrating. I can't beat tower of flare, but any monsters from previous dungeons are worthless to farm since my current monsters need a lot of experience for level. So I'm stuck waiting for metal dragons as the thought of going through the trouble of evolving a monster to then use as an enhance material makes me sick. I do have a lucifer and some great helpers maybe I'm just not getting something. I'll post my monster box in a minute.

linsivvi

Thanks for the advice atlantaguy. I will probably play a bit more to see what I face later in the game if its a chore to get through the harder dungeons I guess I might reroll.

The thing is you don't really need to continue with the normal dungeons in order to progress. After Castle of Satan it might be a good idea to start farming rare monsters (Naga, Titan, Lilith, Mermaid, etc), farm the weekday dungeons for mats, and run the technical dungeons so you can level up your monsters a bit with pengdras. With events almost every 2 weeks that last for 7-10 days each, you will have so many of things to do that you don't have to run the normal dungeons at all.

Also, if you are not going to re-roll, save all your stones for box space and god fest only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom