• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

xCobalt

I'm gonna attempt Hera Ur with a Kirin team. Subs will probably be Hera Is, Echidna, Valkyrie and Siegfried. Hopefully it'll work out well.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I MAY be able to Astaroth/Luci Ur tomorrow. HP is 54,548 and RCV is 10,126. With careful stalling, I SHOULD be able to make it work.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
that's gotta be a LONNNNG fight, right?

Not necessarily.

Amon counter hits for a minimum of 64,410 during Ur's fire form. 5 turns of that would be 322,050 damage. Assuming no other source of damage during those 5 turns, that puts her at 945,999. Pop Astaroth counter, and that deals a minimum of 80,010 (I think...I don't remember if you do damage - defense and THEN modify for weakness?). If so, that puts her at 865,989.

I imagine orb matching can deal enough damage to slip below half. As long as you plan accordingly and use 2x grav + Luci at the right point, I think it can be done in 0-1 stone (the entire dungeon).

Limit

After acquiring a Hera Ur I will immediately be attempting Tower of Blazing fire and I need some help on who should my team leader be. The best fire monsters I have for lead are: Meteor Volcano Dragon, Freyr (ultimate evo), and Goemon. My subs will be two out of these three that won't be the leader plus Homura, and Hera Ur. My team will have too high of a RCV so Goemon is out as a leader. That leaves Volcano dragon and Freyr. The plan in my mind is to have Shiva friends, clear most floors Hera Ur's secondary attribute, and then do guard break + burst damage. I am unsure about who will be better as a lead in this situation. Freyr with her 2X attack and RCV or Volcano Dragon with damage reduction? Any advice?

I'm going mono red on Legendary. I will use

War Deity Ares lead - max lvl
Goemon
Horus
Phoenix Knight Homura - max skill
Echidna
Freyr helper

Should have about 28k hp with a max Freyr. As long as I make it to Hera-Ur, I can one shot her with Goemon + Horus + Freyr skills.

Nice. My Freyr is only lvl 50ish but the rest are near max. Got 12 stones to burn. Hope she drops

BlueSteel

Trying Hera-UR Mythical with the following:

SOD Lucifer leaders x2
Drawn Joker
Hades x2
Vritra

Theoretically it should be 0 stone-able.

Reaslitically. I'm on Hera-Ur right now and have burnt through 3 due to bad board/no heals.

Annnnd I am tired so I lost 5 more. In fact, used up all of my stored stones... but it's mythical so she dropped.

No rage tonight!

The struggle is real :|

So I got through legend Hera Ur. 0 stone clear, and got her to drop. Here's the team:

f1harv8l.jpg

Friend leader was a lv 80 WD Ares with max skill level at 11 turns. Other team builds suggested another orb changer such as PK Homura or RGG but I wanted som extra stat padding from Shiva.

First round kill off wood ogre, then stall on water ogre.

2nd pop enchilada and fight.

3rd didn't use shiva. Just fought head on. Didn't use enchilada.

4th was toughest. Had to use enchilada skill 2x.

5th used goemon skill modified by Freyr and Horus. Went down in 1 shot.

Most important thing was RCV for this team. Helped immensely with Minerva.

Limit

Zero stoned Hera Ur legend with Luci X 2 team. No drop. Then tackled Hear Ur Mythical. Had to use one stone on 4th stage. I tried to take out Minerva in one swoop with triple gravity and one morning star. Minerva had like 500 hp left. Ugh. Next round she disables both Lucifers with her dark bind and then basically I am done. Used one stone, took her out in with morning star, and then here comes Hera Ur. I had nothing charged up. So I basically charged for 35 turns with her hitting me with 20 - 30K every single turn. Used up 3 stones on random occasions when the healing orbs simply weren't there. By the time I had charged up I had already taken out 50% of her health. Used triple gravity and one morning star. Her health drops to 10%. She uses magical power release which basically gave me a free turn. One more morning star and she is done.

4 stones for Hera Ur on mythical. Well, 3 stones since I got one stone for completing the dungeon. Not bad.

BlueSteel

Zero stoned Hera Ur legend with Luci X 2 team. No drop. Then tackled Hear Ur Mythical. Had to use one stone on 4th stage. I tried to take out Minerva in one swoop with triple gravity and one morning star. Minerva had like 500 hp left. Ugh. Next round she disables both Lucifers with her dark bind and then basically I am done. Used one stone, took her out in with morning star, and then here comes Hera Ur. I had nothing charged up. So I basically charged for 35 turns with her hitting me with 20 - 30K every single turn. Used up 3 stones on random occasions when the healing orbs simply weren't there. By the time I had charged up I had already taken out 50% of her health. Used triple gravity and one morning star. Her health drops to 10%. She uses magical power release which basically gave me a free turn. One more morning star and she is done.

4 stones for Hera Ur on mythical. Well, 3 stones since I got one stone for completing the dungeon. Not bad.

Better than me. I had the same struggle but wasn't able to heal as much in between the recharges.

0-stoned legend though with the same team I used for mythical, so that was fun.

Wanchan

Jumped directly in Mythical and 2 stoned it with Kirin/Valk/Sieg/Verche/Hera-IS/Ra.

- 2 stones on Ifrit, couldn't heal after he went green and RA active wasn't up yet since i couldn't really stall anywhere...had to do the old school way of hiting him 49 times, here goes 2 stones.

Onshoted Minerva and Hera-Ur after this.

Waiting for stamina to get back and hopefully i will clear legend no stone.

J0dy77

Cleared legend with Horus/Horus team (0 stones) and got the drop. Hardest part was Ifrit, he kept spamming magma skill. Debating Mythical with Ra. I have a hard time matching 5 consistently and the inability to stall Hera would be brutal.

linsivvi

Cleared legend with Horus/Horus team (0 stones) and got the drop. Hardest part was Ifrit, he kept spamming magma skill. Debating Mythical with Ra. I have a hard time matching 5 consistently and the inability to stall Hera would be brutal.

What subs did you use for your team? I don't think I have the subs yet but it'll be good for future reference.

razterik

5 stones for Mythical with Kirin. My own stupid fault for trying to get smart and not just all out assaulting the dungeon. Went high RCV with a filler UFO for Ifrit. Failed out my first try because I overkilled the ogres. Quit and stoned for stamina to try again. Stalled a little better, but went into Formula with a crummy board. Took two stones to get past him with some poor matching and bad heart drops. Blew up Ifrit with ease. Menaced Minerva and tried to stall a little longer, but ate a stone when I slipped my finger off the board after she summoned her bullets. Kirin gravity knocked Hera-Ur down a fair bit and I put her in the black, but just barely above 25%. Got a High Kick to the stones, then came back and put her in the ground. Dumb failures all around on my part here, but I got my Byakko booster.

Legend was a complete joke with my mid level red team, even with me taking Shiva to break Ifrit but forgetting to hit him with it the first turn before his shield went up. No drop from Ur here.

J0dy77

What subs did you use for your team? I don't think I have the subs yet but it'll be good for future reference.

Standard heartbreakers. Max skill echidna, Valk, Chu Chu, Siegfried. Might make sense to swap Siegfried for a siren and the extra healing. The dungeon gives you a lot of time to stall as long as you can heal up.

Jagernaut

Cleared Her-Ur Legend with my mono red team and got the drop. Cost me 3 stones, 1 when an ogre bound my Ares for 10 turns and cut my hp in half and 2 on Minerva because hearts wouldn't drop.

Edit. My team's attack was not enough to one shot Hera-Ur even with Goemon + Horus + Freyr. Luckily I got 2 free turns to finish her since she used her status guard and then "gathering magical power".

linsivvi

Standard heartbreakers. Max skill echidna, Valk, Chu Chu, Siegfried. Might make sense to swap Siegfried for a siren and the extra healing. The dungeon gives you a lot of time to stall as long as you can heal up.

Ah, so I need to get a Valk first. Last time it was 0/3 but I think I can do Valk legendary with 0 or 1 stone now.

Not the best start to the day. Decided to try Legend with a Horus team while waiting for a +297 Lucifer to come up. Bad hearts and a huge combo cascade took me into round 2 below the HP threshold and the preemptive strike killed me. I hope my Mythical run goes better than that...

Kreed

I managed to fully evolve my Valkyrie two days ago, but I forgot I needed two Rainbow Keepers for the Lucifer/Purple Stone Dragon team I was going to run with Hera-Ur today so that option is out. But now that I have Valkyrie with a green sub element I now can run Horus, Ra, and Kirin with more confidence vs using Odin/Michael for the green and light sub.

I think I'll do Horus first based on J0dy77's comments, Kirin if Horus doesn't work out, and mono fire last.

Pacman2k

Just waltzed through legendary and got the drop.

Lucifer
Dark Ceres
D/D Lucifer
Hera-Is
Hera
Lucifer

No danger at all. Could swap out Hera for a Siren for ridiculously safe team.

Musan

Finally able to zero-stone with mythical with Luci team. Having lot of hp and rcv eggs help, but timing out when to use abilities is just as important. Lot of grinding down bosses to half health.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
No drop on my first clear, but my counter team pooped on the dungeon. I'm going to run metal dragons, get some kings, pump my Hera up a bit more, and go for another round.

Pacman2k

Do you think it can be done with Loki/Luci?

Eh, not sure, from a stats perspective I think so, but you'd need to do a little more math / be a little more careful with your skills.

Double morning star nukes allowed for me to be pretty sloppy on hera.

Minerva is 2x grav + 1x nuke to kill, so as long as you have that, I think you'd be fine.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Do you think it can be done with Loki/Luci?

Looking at the numbers, if you've got the RCV and HP, you can get away with grinding Minerva down to half-health or so, popping Luci, healing/Ceres at Hera-Ur (you have 2-3 turns before she does anything), and grinding just over 30% of her health down. From there, you can triple gravity + Luci for the win.

Limit

I'm hoping Hera Ur rises to at least Valkyrie's popularity as a main leader in coming days. That 9x team is looking solid. I have a total of one Hera Ur friend so far.

Apparently they're having trouble getting Awakening skills and 6.0 pushed out in Japan; to compensate they announced some Awoken skills on Twitter:
1. Reduce Bind: clearing a row of 6 heart orbs takes one turn off Bind. Two rows of six takes two off, etc.
2. Orb Enhance: previously announced increase chance that + orbs will spawn. Apparently it works for all elements, not just the element of the monster with the skill? With enough of this skill stacked you can have a 100% chance of + orbs appearing.
3. Element Enhance: adds a multiplier if you match a row of 6 orbs of that element. Again, stacking this skill can result in a huge multiplier.
4. "2way attack": matching 4 orbs in a row will result in the monster attacking two enemies at once. [personal note: this is kind of a bad skill for stalling]
5. Nullify Jammer orbs: Adds a fixed probability that enemy jammer orb skills fail (I'd prefer that it leave some number of orbs unjammed, but oh well...). Can be stacked to 100% prevent Jammer skills from working.
6. Skill Gauge Boost: decreases initial cooldown of skills by 1 turn.

Just finished Mythical. Man that was intense. I didn't end up using any stones so I'm pretty happy about that. I do have to say that if you plan on taking a Lucifer team into Mythical, make sure your RCV is as high as possible. I had 12.5k RCV, 75k HP and I was struggling to keep up with Hera-Ur. I also fucked up against Minerva and bombed her too early so she had a sliver of health left. Luckily it was less than Neptune's poison damage so I made it past.

Now I need to figure out what team to run Legend with. I'd rather run something quicker than Lucifer so I may go with that mono red team mentioned earlier.

Zero_IYAD

Worst Skill Up event for me!
Fed more than 30 Marine Goblins to my 2nd Siren & she's at level 4 only
Around 15 Samurai Goblins to Gigas & he's at level 5

Guess I won't be able to max any of them in the 10 hours left -.-

Hera-UR attained! Used way to many stones the first run through on legend and no drop. Did completely figure out how I would attack it though

Went back in after clearing my head and developed a plan to zero stone. Not a fast plan but a very efficient plan.

Leader: dark war dirty Minerva lvl 50 ish
D/D hades lvl 50
RK,
Drawn Joker (not busty) lvl 50
Awoken Hera-IS lvl 50
Friend leader : max Luci (decent + eggs)

Ogres are easy (does only the reg/green one drop, 3/3 on that one today)
Lolcannon fortune (instant kill 600,000 makes a very frustrating fight easy)
Ifrit (match dark every turn, adding in R/B/L for dual monsters) easy fight only locks Hera-Is
Dark war diety Minerva ( 1 gravity, wait for it to recharge, using quick bomb and three blue orb matches to help bring her to 50%, then use another gravity and lolcannon. Anything left over you should be able to quickbomb). The goal is to go into Hera-ur with 1 gravity and charging the other one and Luci.
Hera-ur, gravity and charge all three burst damages on the red portion. Attack her down to 50% pop the two gravities and then Luci cannon. Dead Hera-ur.
Takes forever but it's safe

After too many failed runs with Horus I think I'm going to wait for the next go-around and attempt it with the Neptune team. My team cost is too low to field Neptune/Hera-Is/Hera/R.Keeper/Siren by like two ranks.

Scratch

Also got hera ur! 2nd try no stone (first time 2 stones).

Went with sod luci leads
Rk rk siren drawn joker

Super easy
Floor 1: grind 1 charge ms, ms 1 that you didn't grind
Floor 2: just ms
Floor 3: grind charge
Floor 4: grind charge then ms x2
Floor 5: grind till 40~% then double ms

Really easy with 2 heart changers and 2 rk defensive stances

You got that backwards. ;)

Also, what team are you running? I may farm a second, but my Astaroth team takes about 20-30 minutes.

eh whatever :D

Ra
Choo Choo
Shiva
Sig
D/D Hades
Maxed Horus

Shiva is just for the extra HP/ATK stats. I started with Echilada and round no need to delay (mostly becase of the status shields).

Dual Element monsters are baller with a burst team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom