• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Goemon team. I have a hard time either healing enough to stall or not getting a shitty heart cascade.

Ah, yes. I'm with you, man. I think it'll get easier as we get more skill-ups for Goemon. It's the random heart cascades that kill me most of the time.

edit:

May be old news, but the FB group says we'll be getting Echidna dungeon tomorrow. LET'S ALL MAX SKILL THEM ENCHILADAS!

There will be much suffering.

mercviper

Ah, yes. I'm with you, man. I think it'll get easier as we get more skill-ups for Goemon. It's the random heart cascades that kill me most of the time.

edit:

May be old news, but the FB group says we'll be getting Echidna dungeon tomorrow. LET'S ALL MAX SKILL THEM ENCHILADAS!

Every time I make it to the end I get screwed over by a heart match lol.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Maybe I should put a team together that can easy farm Mythical Goemon for skillups. That's one dude that could make my rank climbing go a LOT faster.

Speaking of which, outside of evolving Pengdras, how does everyone level up their monsters? Just slow grind feedings, max level unevolved Pengdras?

xCobalt

edit:

I wonder when we'll see it as a biweekly dungeon. Need that 2x drop rate. :(

Horus/Horus... vamp, chu, valk, seigfried on legend and got the drop this morning. Was really easy. Mythical should go down just the same. Might go Horus/Isis to squeeze Echidna in their.

No Horus for me :(. Or Lucifer. Or Ra. Or Isis. I have plenty of other things just not these...

Jagernaut

I was including CDK just for the orb change. Being able to turn light to dark would be huge on this team even if he doesnt take advantage of the damage boost. The Healer team's RCV seems wasted because they either can't tank enough with low HP or over heal. One set matches to wipe the rounds would be the goal with the higher HP and ATK.

I'm just not as impressed with my options for devil team right now. Having siren and Valk on the same cooldown is a huge deal for that teams burst. so much light damage. Hera Ur's skill is a lot less useful.

I posted this before but if we were able to skill up Drawn Joker in our version, a devil team could use Drawn Joker + Duke Vamp + Hera-Ur orb enhance + King Baddie for serious burst damage.

Pacman2k

All the Hera-Ur team talk in here made me review my box.

Just noticed my Drawn Joker is skill level 5... somehow. Must of been really lucky off shitty rare pulls with him.

J0dy77

I posted this before but if we were able to skill up Drawn Joker in our version, a devil team could use Drawn Joker + Duke Vamp + Hera-Ur orb enhance + King Baddie for serious burst damage.

I agree but that's a one time burst. I run the healer girl team for mindless farming. I wipe everything in one round and move on. Valk teams give me a huge burst on 5th, 6th, 10th and 11th turn with 2 siren and Valks on max CD. Hera UR would be able to clear tougher content but the burst would be for bosses only.

I'll have to test them out once I get the team pieces leveled for both.

Oh my gravity. :)
What's funny is that that team only consists of three siblings. This game has way too many Hera variants.

Also, it grinds my gears how relatively useless Zeus-Dios is. HE LOOKS SO COOL! But his usage is almost completely situational or "for fun" only. =(

J0dy77

No Horus for me :(. Or Lucifer. Or Ra. Or Isis. I have plenty of other things just not these...

Zues or Zeus D? That would be my next suggestion. It would give you the damage boost and allow you to mix and match strong team members in the middle.

Or even use the ancient dragons. Use Bowmore and pair him with a Max Horus for 8x damage. Then throw your best light, water, dark mobs with Echidna in the middle. That would definitely beat Legendary.

StMeph

What's funny is that that team only consists of three siblings. This game has way too many Hera variants.

Also, it grinds my gears how relatively useless Zeus-Dios is. HE LOOKS SO COOL! But his usage is almost completely situational or "for fun" only. =(

Athena all the way.

Kreed

You don't need those for the Wind War Dragon (especially since it doesn't have high defense like the water one). If you can run a good multiplier team with a common sub element or monster type you can get through the dungeon easily (example, using Idunn and Idunna and Chiyome for a team of Balanced types, etc...).

You don't need those for the Wind War Dragon (especially since it doesn't have high defense like the water one). If you can run a good multiplier team with a common sub element or monster type you can get through the dungeon easily (example, using Idunn and Idunna and Chiyome for a team of Balanced types, etc...).

I ran Expert with a Valk/Healer team no problem but Master cost me a stone. I'll have to check what else I can put out there and see if I can get some higher HP teams together.

Kreed

I ran Expert with a Valk/Healer team no problem but Master cost me a stone. I'll have to check what else I can put out there and see if I can get some higher HP teams together.

You definitely will want to multiply your HP. Once the War Dragon hits 30% he starts doing 20k damage attacks, so if you can't kill him before then/after he hits that point you will need to be able to weather those hits. If you have a lot of monsters with sub elements, you could team up with a hp x2 rcv x2 monster of a certain color (example, run all dark sub monsters with a Lucifer friend).

mercviper

You definitely will want to multiply your HP. Once the War Dragon hits 30% he starts doing 20k damage attacks, so if you can't kill him before then/after he hits that point you will need to be able to weather those hits. If you have a lot of monsters with sub elements, you could team up with a hp x2 rcv x2 monster of a certain color (example, run all dark sub monsters with a Lucifer friend).

23k is legend. Master is only 16k :p You could probably run master pretty easy with a luci/luci team of dark sub types really easy since one he starts hitting for 16k he's 53k damage and a single luci active from dying.

Pacman2k

I just did my first run of the new technical dungeon, and the blue/green resist leader-swap dragon dropped.

Is it a high drop rate or did I just get lucky?

Horus/Horus... vamp, chu, valk, seigfried on legend and got the drop this morning. Was really easy. Mythical should go down just the same. Might go Horus/Isis to squeeze Echidna in their.

Just to clarify did you run this team on Legend or Master? I'm thinking I'll need a delay for Legend, so I may attempt to bring Orochi or switch Valk for Echidna and use a Ra friend.

I've only seen a couple of 5 point "friends" with Awoken Hera-Urs, but you have answered your own question, Lot of people probably have not awoken her yet.

It's a priority for me though, but I need all evo mats and to level her to 50...

I just need a fire keeper to evolve her then I should have her around level 70. After that I'll start experimenting a little bit.

Yeah I got her to 44, but ran out of plants. I have all the mats for evo, but she'll be low for a bit. Going to be my main red focus now that Echilada is at 93ish

J0dy77

Just to clarify did you run this team on Legend or Master? I'm thinking I'll need a delay for Legend, so I may attempt to bring Orochi or switch Valk for Echidna and use a Ra friend.

Yeah sorry, meant Master. Have the descended dungeons on the brain. I'm going to try Horus/Isis and echidna instead of Siegfried.

Thanks for shiva Zip. I'm clearing all of the "mono only" tech dungeons I never got around too. All very easy just gimmicky. Shiva for red, Neptune for blue, asteroth for green.

Edit: need shiva one more time if someone can put one up.

razterik

Anyone with a 70+ Freyja around? I want to run through the Rainbow Stone Dragon real quick and the Parvati I paired with earlier just didn't have enough bite.

Edit: Nevermind, found one.

As of 33 minutes ago
[#628] Lucifer- 1150
[#490] Horus- 406
[#751] Kirin, Sakuya- 314
[#753] Byakko, Haku- 205
[#130] Hades- 194
[#124] Neptune- 193

GO NEPTUNE
also
GET BENT VALKYRIE

Pacman2k

I'd pull in that fest. No need for Lucifer or Horus, but I'd love to get a second neptune or hades for the light variants.

And Kirin is just awesome. Wish I had one.

Limit

Neptune is getting increasingly more desirable in my eyes with prevalence of dungeons featuring high defense but low hp monsters. I would love to get my hands on one.

Zero_IYAD

The PAD community at large got wind of Haku's powa
Oh well, am interested in how will this turn out now that the poll is over.
I mean are they really willing to run an event with only the top 5 as REM prizes? Sounds too good to be true.. They'll probably throw in all kinds of useless monsters.

xCobalt

Oh well, am interested in how will this turn out now that the poll is over.
I mean are they really willing to run an event with only the top 5 as REM prizes? Sounds too good to be true.. They'll probably throw in all kinds of useless monsters.

The top 5 will only have a higher chance of appearing. Regardless of whatever event is going on, any rare monster can be gotten. The only exception are the Odins and a couple of new gods which only appear during godfests.

Colby

Everyone should post their Echidna drops vs stamina today. I desperately need Echidna skill-ups, but I'll let you guys be my guinea pigs first :)

Limit

With mythic stone Dragon Cave conquered I am all done with Technical dungeons. Feels good. All that is left now is Legendary earth. I will tackle that once I have maxed out Jotunn, Midgard, and Asgard. Then I will bum rush this dungeon with Ra Horus combo team.

J0dy77

Neptune is getting increasingly more desirable in my eyes with prevalence of dungeons featuring high defense but low hp monsters. I would love to get my hands on one.

Neptune is really overrated to me. I was really happy when I got him but hardly ever use him. He's really nice to use for the color resists as a leader but the poison is overrated. Most of the high end content your better off bringing armor break.

Neptune is really overrated to me. I was really happy when I got him but hardly ever use him. He's really nice to use for the color resists as a leader but the poison is overrated. Most of the high end content your better off bringing armor break.
Meanwhile, I feel the opposite way, as he is a mainstay in most of my teams.

Your mileage may vary. =)

So, I got 1 naga for an expert, novice, and intermediate run. got a stone for it, which got me 5. Decided to pull because i had a shot of getting Ares or Horus this time(both whom I'd like). Pull down the arm, saw a gold egg, I was thinking fuck yes, what luck! I got a Dino Rider....

Edit: what should I do with it?

Wanchan

Break is better for offensive setups/builds (any atk) but Neptune is still the best damaging monster for a defensive setup/build (any rcv/hp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom