• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Anyone have a beefy Zeus they could put up for a minute?

I don't.

But I wanted to ask about Zeus. Mine is mid 40's and I've been wondering if people still use him for anything. He was the big "must have" prior to SoD and Horus/Ra. Now, it's like nobody fields him anymore. I have all the components of a strong Zeus team I think, but with nobody running things with him anymore, I'm unsure if it's worth even leveling him and his subs.

Colby

Hera-UR attained! Used way to many stones the first run through on legend and no drop. Did completely figure out how I would attack it though

Went back in after clearing my head and developed a plan to zero stone. Not a fast plan but a very efficient plan.

Leader: dark war dirty Minerva lvl 50 ish
D/D hades lvl 50
RK,
Drawn Joker (not busty) lvl 50
Awoken Hera-IS lvl 50
Friend leader : max Luci (decent + eggs)

Ogres are easy (does only the reg/green one drop, 3/3 on that one today)
Lolcannon fortune (instant kill 600,000 makes a very frustrating fight easy)
Ifrit (match dark every turn, adding in R/B/L for dual monsters) easy fight only locks Hera-Is
Dark war diety Minerva ( 1 gravity, wait for it to recharge, using quick bomb and three blue orb matches to help bring her to 50%, then use another gravity and lolcannon. Anything left over you should be able to quickbomb). The goal is to go into Hera-ur with 1 gravity and charging the other one and Luci.
Hera-ur, gravity and charge all three burst damages on the red portion. Attack her down to 50% pop the two gravities and then Luci cannon. Dead Hera-ur.
Takes forever but it's safe
I wanted to say thanks. I had no idea how I was gonna do Ur, but I used this team. Kind of, anyway. I used a max level Siren over Joker and max Hera over Hades, and my Minerva was only lvl 18, but I got the drop on the first try. No stones and only minimal danger. Thanks dude.

Ducarmel

I guess I must be doing something wrong. So I am doing Bishamon Warlord - Expert for the first time and for the first time ever I am facing those ninjas sometimes I can one shot kill them, then all of a sudden I do no damage to them and the only way I manage to kill them is to use a skill.

OTIX

Is max level, no +eggs good enough?
Thanks, good enough for an easy 0-stone Legend. Hoping I can find one with +eggs for Mythical though. I actually got the drop on Legend but I'm a completionist I guess.

But I wanted to ask about Zeus. Mine is mid 40's and I've been wondering if people still use him for anything. He was the big "must have" prior to SoD and Horus/Ra. Now, it's like nobody fields him anymore. I have all the components of a strong Zeus team I think, but with nobody running things with him anymore, I'm unsure if it's worth even leveling him and his subs.
I've been using mine a lot for descended dungeons. Actually I've used Zeus more than my Horus. A Zeus team has several benefits for descended dungeons. It's easy to charge skills since the multiplier can be reliably removed, with an Egyptian team there's always a risk of sweeping but with Zeus you know when you have the multiplier. Double Zeus gravity takes a boss down to 42% which offsets his low 9x multiplier, 9x vs 42% is equivalent to 21x vs 100%. And most importantly you can use any subs you want which usually means you will stack the team with gravities and Echidnas for a guaranteed low-stone kill.

Even against Hera-Ur with the preemptive attacks Zeus still works really well.

mercviper

Got me a hera-ur. Persphone + Lucifer made Legend ezmode.

Mythical is another matter entirely though. I have my theories but I think it would be really fun if I could actually make a goemon team that will farm it.

I wanted to say thanks. I had no idea how I was gonna do Ur, but I used this team. Kind of, anyway. I used a max level Siren over Joker and max Hera over Hades, and my Minerva was only lvl 18, but I got the drop on the first try. No stones and only minimal danger. Thanks dude.

No problem, figured someone could learn and benefit from my experience.

Yey! Finally got a Titan!

qpu9po3.jpg

After doing 100+ runs in Giant Guards, decided to switch it up and do None Shall Pass and he dropped immediately.

shinjijai

Hera-UR attained! Used way to many stones the first run through on legend and no drop. Did completely figure out how I would attack it though

Went back in after clearing my head and developed a plan to zero stone. Not a fast plan but a very efficient plan.

Leader: dark war dirty Minerva lvl 50 ish
D/D hades lvl 50
RK,
Drawn Joker (not busty) lvl 50
Awoken Hera-IS lvl 50
Friend leader : max Luci (decent + eggs)

Ogres are easy (does only the reg/green one drop, 3/3 on that one today)
Lolcannon fortune (instant kill 600,000 makes a very frustrating fight easy)
Ifrit (match dark every turn, adding in R/B/L for dual monsters) easy fight only locks Hera-Is
Dark war diety Minerva ( 1 gravity, wait for it to recharge, using quick bomb and three blue orb matches to help bring her to 50%, then use another gravity and lolcannon. Anything left over you should be able to quickbomb). The goal is to go into Hera-ur with 1 gravity and charging the other one and Luci.
Hera-ur, gravity and charge all three burst damages on the red portion. Attack her down to 50% pop the two gravities and then Luci cannon. Dead Hera-ur.
Takes forever but it's safe

i was using this strategy, until i got bored and saw luci was up when she was a bit less than half health. and realized that i just made a terrible mistake. the best part was that i thought she only did that bomb one time, so i used a stone... lol... i'll get her next time.

Kreed

Took three attempts but Hera-Ur finally dropped on Legend (two Horus and one Kirin, definitely prefer Kirin). Worst drop rate I've experienced with a Descended dungeon, but at least I didn't spend any stones.

I end up with one each of those evolved Ogres, although I'm not entirely sure what use I'll have for them other than just keep them as trophies?

If you put Hera-Ur into her Dark form before she can attack, does she still water bind?

Water Bind is only when she's in her Fire form.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
No, she skips it.

Well in that case, I may be able to make Hera-Ur even LESS of a threat. I want a second before she disappears. But the water bind is always a bit sketchy. If I double gravity her, she won't ever use water bind, though. That means I can Amon + Astaroth counter + Luci = win.

I'm 1/5 right now, so the faster I can make this the better.

E: Better than my 0/8 yesterday on getting my second Hera-Is. I hate that dungeon.

xCobalt

Took three attempts but Hera-Ur finally dropped on Legend (two Horus and one Kirin, definitely prefer Kirin). Worst drop rate I've experienced with a Descended dungeon, but at least I didn't spend any stones.

I end up with one each of those evolved Ogres, although I'm not entirely sure what use I'll have for them other than just keep them as trophies?

Water Bind is only when she's in her Fire form.

Some of the ogres are used in the technical dungeons. This one for example.

ccbfan

Does Hera-Ur drop on Legend cause I'm 0 for whatever on it.

I've even used up stones on stamina just for it and it still hasn't dropped.

Also can anyone put up their lucifer or refresh their lucifer cause I've used all of them up.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
For people attempting to farm hera today, is everyone going for skill-ups, or holding on to dupes for awakenings?

I just want two because I run devil teams. By the time we have awakening skills, I imagine we'll have seen Hera-Ur at least two more times. By then, I'd like to think I can a) max skill my Hera girls and b) load up for awakening skills. Without knowing the exact details of the system yet, it's not worth stocking up I don't think.

I assume i HaVe no CHanCe against HERA rigHt now?

Also apologies for tHe weird Captial letters, my pC won't type some letters unless I use tHe sHift key. lol

EDIT: I HAVE a new Vampire Lord, and my otHer monsters are leVeled up more tHan tHey were before.

Limit

I just want two because I run devil teams. By the time we have awakening skills, I imagine we'll have seen Hera-Ur at least two more times. By then, I'd like to think I can a) max skill my Hera girls and b) load up for awakening skills. Without knowing the exact details of the system yet, it's not worth stocking up I don't think.

Who is in your devil posse? I have Hera - Is, Hera, Duke Vampire Lord, and Beast Rider Merlin as subs. Right now even if I caught a second Hera Ur I would not have have the team cost to put her in above noted Devil team. The 60 cost of Hera Is and Hera Ur alone accounts for more than 50% of the team cost.

By the way, it is because of Hera Ur for the first time I have finally have a reason for putting Beast Rider in a team. These riders desperately need an ultimate evo. Such crap stats.

ccbfan

Finally got Hera-Ur to drop.

Boy this was annoying.

Went like 0 for 6 until it dropped. Plus I was away all day and I did 7 in the last 3 hours.

My team is almost easy definite win though.

Flare Drall
Siren
Hera-Is
Hera
Anubis

Best helper Lucifer.

Round one - This is actually the hardest round and is also the only round where you can die. If they bound Lucifer for 10 turn and both goblins attack at the same round. I didn't have enough HP to survive both attacks without Lucifer. Other than that it easy. Kill the Water/Fire Goblin first and then the green/fire. You should be all charged up by the next fight.

Round 2 - First thing active Anubis and then basically heal up and stay alive for 5 turns. Was easy with Siren and Drall. After that the light part is dead and only the half damage fire part remain. Again easy win.

Round 3 - With Flare Drall whole fight is half damage. Just attack and heal. Have all monsters charged

Round 4 - Gravity/Gravity/LOL Cannon. Insta win.

Round 5 - Healed as much as possible and don't match any red orbs. First attack Hera does it status defense. Activate Siren. 2nd Hera move will be water bind 10 turn. Activate Anubis. This is now the hardest part of the fight. You only have your Flare Drall to make heal orbs (In my case once in these 10 turns since it has an 11 counter) Its about having enough heal orbs to survive ten turns. One thing to keep in mind is that you can survive 3 Hera Attacks so you should only worry about healing after the 2nd attack so you don't over heal and waste heal orbs. After these 10 turns then its basically easy win. Got her down to almost half and activate Anubis (He was easily recharged by then). Right after the first attack of Dark Hera-Ur and countered. Gravity/Gravity/LOL Cannon and win.

Basically repeated 7 time. Had no problems anytime except once when the Goblins bind Lucifer.

Amazing that Flare Drall is pretty much essential for this team.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Who is in your devil posse? I have Hera - Is, Hera, Duke Vampire Lord, and Beast Rider Merlin as subs. Right now even if I caught a second Hera Ur I would not have have the team cost to put her in above noted Devil team. The 60 cost of Hera Is and Hera Ur alone accounts for more than 50% of the team cost.

By the way, it is because of Hera Ur for the first time I have finally have a reason for putting Beast Rider in a team. These riders desperately need an ultimate evo. Such crap stats.

Right now I'm running Astaroth with Hera/Hera-Is/Amon/Ceres. I'll probably put Hera-Ur in for Hera when I don't need the extra gravity. If I don't need ANY gravity, I'll toss in Duke.

So, I stomped Hera-Ur Legend, no stones, no drop.

Then I ran Mythical and had to use 4 stones. Stalling for 35 turns on Hera-Ur is bullshit when she's hitting for 27k every turn.

I ran the team, as discussed a few days ago by atlantaguy:

SOD Lucifer
Abyss Neptune
Awoken Hera-Is
D/D Hades
Awoken Hera
SOD Lucifer

It's easy mode til Hera-Ur herself.

mercviper

What team comp for Hera Ur?

Oops, this is probably late but my team was:

Persephone 44
Amaterasu 99
Awoken Hera 99
Awoken Hera 91
Rainbow Keeper
Lucifer 99 some +100 eggs

Overall I have 45k hp and tons of rcv. Legend doesn't do much damage at all in comparison so you can go pretty much 3 turns without any healing for all floors.

I'd say the only concern I had would've been after getting Minerva low enough to bind all dark, but I just popped RK right before she got that low. You could also just wait to burst her down before she can bind.

Oh now that I have her? I'll have to see. 2x Ur is basically the Devil version of Valk without the healing and poo HP. I think it will be situational, ha.

i'm going to try it as a farm team as soon as I evo her (boosting Devil attack and not starting as a Devil? smh). My devil team is pretty high level save for Asaroth, but I have :

mas D/D Hades
78 D/L Hades
65 Vamp
60s Ceres.

Should be able to pump out some good damage, plus dual elements on most which is great with burst damage

Radav

Damn that Hera-Ur didn't want to drop for me either. I won 6 times and finally got her on the last attempt. I was running Ra/Ra with Chu, Siegfried, Hera-Is, and Echidna. That damn first floor can be such a pain in the butt. I pretty much was forced to wing it through the dungeon every time because 1 combo with Ra would sweep the first floor. So I would stall until they synced up after using their bind moves then sweep and blast my way through to Hera-Ur pop echidna and then go to work. It was a bit of a mess each time. I used a stone once or twice to continue only to be left with a big box 'o coins for all my work. Game kept trying to orb troll me too luckily on legend its pretty easy to blow the bosses away.

Damn that Hera-Ur didn't want to drop for me either. I won 6 times and finally got her on the last attempt. I was running Ra/Ra with Chu, Siegfried, Hera-Is, and Echidna. That damn first floor can be such a pain in the butt. I pretty much was forced to wing it through the dungeon every time because 1 combo with Ra would sweep the first floor. So I would stall until they synced up after using their bind moves then sweep and blast my way through to Hera-Ur pop echidna and then go to work. It was a bit of a mess each time. I used a stone once or twice to continue only to be left with a big box 'o coins for all my work. Game kept trying to orb troll me too luckily on legend its pretty easy to blow the bosses away.

Ra/Ra? Damnnnn, you're a better man than me. Tried once, but couldn't match efficiently enough. Ran with Ra/Horus and had little trouble. Would've liked a few more for skillups and such, guess we'll have to give mythical a go next time around.

and wow, that Wood Samauri dragon looks pretty boss. Didn't drop on master...

That moment when you realize the only creature that you have that could count as a green devil for your new Devil team is your tutorial roll "Gungtroll" Marine Rider? Priceless (Riders seem to always haunt us...)

Still need to do some Evoing (Hera-Ur and Marine Rider) but I am on my way to a rainbow Devil team, of course my Blue/Dark Devil team will be WAY better...

Anyone have any tips of the Green Samurai Dragon?

J0dy77

So now that everyone has UR, what's the devil farm teams everyone is going to use? She's going to be great for my Byakko team as well.

For the Devil team was thinking:

UR, Duke Vamp, King Baddie, Hera IS, drawn joker, (cdk as possible sub)... not sure if that would be any better than the Healer girl teams.

Side note: cleared Wood Samurai this morning on Legend with Horus/Horus and all of the hearbreakers in the middle, no delay. Think I used one heartbreaker skill the entire time. Mythical should go down the same way.

razterik

Still running Legend War Dragons with Loki/Lucifer rainbow darks. Ogres can be a pain with synced turns, so take down one as fast as you can. Sasuke is really easy until he charges up his attack, but he throws green orbs at you, so matching away the board isn't hard. Masamune is just a little tougher until he hits low HP. Get your skills up and blow him away because you probably aren't going to heal back 23k every other turn.

Also, the rank exp is terrible since the ogres replaced the guaranteed Manekimewdra round.

Limit

I am tackling Mythic Stone Dragon Cave for the first time and although Luci X 2 team is super safe here; boy does it take time! I don't think I have even spent this long even clearing a descended dungeon. Those high defense pengdras are especially a headache.

So now that everyone has UR, what's the devil farm teams everyone is going to use? She's going to be great for my Byakko team as well.

UR, Duke Vamp, King Baddie, Hera IS, drawn joker, (cdk as possible sub)... not sure if that would be any better than the Healer girl teams.

Side note: cleared Wood Samurai this morning on Legend with Horus/Horus and all of the hearbreakers in the middle, no delay. Think I used one heartbreaker skill the entire time. Mythical should go down the same way.

Should have higher HP and ATK, right? Little different abilities as well like gravity and more orb changers. In addition to more dual color subs (healer team only has valk, ceres, venus now i think?). It's basically a dark 'valk' team. Soon as i evo her i'm going to try and run it and see how it goes.

StMeph

Devils have a stronger list in general than Healers. Higher HP/ATK for sure, but if RCV is an issue, Devil Ceres, Chaos Venus, and Lilith are all available to shore it up. Abyss Neptune and all Hades/Heras offer poison/gravity utility. Counterattacking from Devils proper. And for buffs, King Baddie and Loki (in addition to Hera-Ur).

The only weak spot is the lack of orb changers. It's basically only Duke Vampire, so burst damage potential is actually lower than Healer girls. Maybe run two Vamps?

Limit

Devils have a stronger list in general than Healers. Higher HP/ATK for sure, but if RCV is an issue, Devil Ceres, Chaos Venus, and Lilith are all available to shore it up. Abyss Neptune and all Hades/Heras offer poison/gravity utility. Counterattacking from Devils proper. And for buffs, King Baddie and Loki (in addition to Hera-Ur).

The only weak spot is the lack of orb changers. It's basically only Duke Vampire, so burst damage potential is actually lower than Healer girls. Maybe run two Vamps?

Beast riders.

StMeph

CDK is Devil type too.
Edit: wait no it isn't, wtf?

CDD is Devil type. CDK is not.

Beast riders.

Miserable stats aside, of the five riders, only three are Devils. Gryps (dark/light), Beast (blue/red), and Marine (green/blue). Of THOSE, Gryps has negative synergy with Duke Vampire, as he cannibalizes heals to light, and only it and Venus can possibly take advantage of light orbs. Beast and Marine at least use colors with more Devils present.

Still, pretty terrible stats. I would personally rather use the flexibility of Drawn Joker for a potential heal if needed, or putting light orbs in play with a Vampire combo if I was considering a Rider.

J0dy77

CDK is Devil type too.
Edit: wait no it isn't, wtf?

I was including CDK just for the orb change. Being able to turn light to dark would be huge on this team even if he doesnt take advantage of the damage boost. The Healer team's RCV seems wasted because they either can't tank enough with low HP or over heal. One set matches to wipe the rounds would be the goal with the higher HP and ATK.

I'm just not as impressed with my options for devil team right now. Having siren and Valk on the same cooldown is a huge deal for that teams burst. so much light damage. Hera Ur's skill is a lot less useful.

Also, it's my guess that CDK gets the devil attribute with the knight busty's.

Now that Hera-Ur is out of the way, what are people running for the green war dragon?

Horus/Horus... vamp, chu, valk, seigfried on legend and got the drop this morning. Was really easy. Mythical should go down just the same. Might go Horus/Isis to squeeze Echidna in their.

I'll probably just give Lucifer a break and swap her into his spot, so that would be:

Hera-Ur
Abyss Neptune
Hera-Is
D/D Hades
Hera
Hera-Ur

No burst damage, but with a team like that, I don't think I'll need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom