• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero_IYAD

So, I got 1 naga for an expert, novice, and intermediate run. got a stone for it, which got me 5. Decided to pull because i had a shot of getting Ares or Horus this time(both whom I'd like). Pull down the arm, saw a gold egg, I was thinking fuck yes, what luck! I got a Dino Rider....

Edit: what should I do with it?
Never pull unless it's a godfest, a lesson learnt that hard way.

Am I the only one who gets his Nagas from the 1st 4 battles & never as a drop from the Eshidna bosses?
Why am I so happy about them anyway! They'll go away without any skill ups -.-
Keeping them for the upcoming x2 :|

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Not sure if having 2 max skilled Echidnas is worth it or not. That's a lot if stamina to blow...My second is slvl 2, so I guess I could hoard those damn Nagas. I've never seen a team use 2, so I don't know. Most just use Echidna + Orochi.

raiot

So, I got 1 naga for an expert, novice, and intermediate run. got a stone for it, which got me 5. Decided to pull because i had a shot of getting Ares or Horus this time(both whom I'd like). Pull down the arm, saw a gold egg, I was thinking fuck yes, what luck! I got a Dino Rider....

Edit: what should I do with it?

You don't roll outside of godfest... :/

Put it in your monster box and hope he gets an update ;)

J0dy77

Meanwhile, I feel the opposite way, as he is a mainstay in most of my teams.

Your mileage may vary. =)

Break is better for offensive setups/builds (any atk) but Neptune is still the best damaging monster for a defensive setup/build (any rcv/hp)

I was trying to figure out where he would be a mainstay on a team but Wanchan's post cleared it up. Does make sense on the slower grind teams, water/dark would be really strong on a Lucifer team. Definitely regret making mine light, could really use the Water/Dark version on a Byakko team. Definitely going to roll him back at some point.

Not sure if having 2 max skilled Echidnas is worth it or not. That's a lot if stamina to blow...My second is slvl 2, so I guess I could hoard those damn Nagas. I've never seen a team use 2, so I don't know. Most just use Echidna + Orochi.
I'm going to attempt to max skill a second one and keep it at 4* for the conditional descendeds.

suko_32

Six runs, three Nagas so far. However just like the last 4 times we had this event, I expect when I try to skill up next 2x event my Echidna will stay skill lv. 1.

I hope that fan fest REM carnival is timed at the same time as a godfest,

I think even if that is not tied to a godfest, I might pull if it is stacked enough, similar to the 7* rem from earlier this year (REM monsters came out already busty evo'd)

StMeph

I hope that fan fest REM carnival is timed at the same time as a godfest,

I think even if that is not tied to a godfest, I might pull if it is stacked enough, similar to the 7* rem from earlier this year (REM monsters came out already busty evo'd)

I would guess that the winners of the vote ARE the Godfest.

Horus and Ares are gods so I thought....I keep doing stupid stuff.

Nothing about the elemental carnivals or Godfests mean that those are the only possible results from a pull. They just have improved chances of hitting. So it is possible to hit Lucifer or Horus at any time, but why not wait for 3x odds before trying?

I need a new farming team for Ancient fire dragon. I had a lot of luck with a 2/4/2 water team last week but between today and yesterday I've been water bound due to not being able to take out the pyro demon 3 out of 4 times. Any suggestions? I'm thinking 2/4/2 fire but that is gonna be slow going...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I need a new farming team for Ancient fire dragon. I had a lot of luck with a 2/4/2 water team last week but between today and yesterday I've been water bound due to not being able to take out the pyro demon 3 out of 4 times. Any suggestions? I'm thinking 2/4/2 fire but that is gonna be slow going...

Honestly, I've been doing 4/2/2 or 2/2/4. Charging skills and unleashing. The other option would be to bring Orochi or Echidna for that round. If that's the round that's fucking you, you may as well build around it.

Also, I hate how much HP Ardbeg has. It takes SO long to grind him down. It's not even hard, just annoying.

ugh, i keep dying on this on expert. i keep running out of hearts! its weird because i breezed through first time and got one naga. i would have had a second naga this time but died on those damn pyro demons. ugh

edit: where is the ares dude from Gaf, i could use him again. although it wouldnt do much good since im out of stamina...with nothing to show for it. :'(

Jagernaut

ugh, i keep dying on this on expert. i keep running out of hearts! its weird because i breezed through first time and got one naga. i would have had a second naga this time but died on those damn pyro demons. ugh

edit: where is the ares dude from Gaf, i could use him again. although it wouldnt do much good since im out of stamina...with nothing to show for it. :'(

I was using healer and water teams to go through the echidna dungeon as fast as possible. I put Ares back up.

I was trying to figure out where he would be a mainstay on a team but Wanchan's post cleared it up. Does make sense on the slower grind teams, water/dark would be really strong on a Lucifer team. Definitely regret making mine light, could really use the Water/Dark version on a Byakko team. Definitely going to roll him back at some point.
Yeah, he's great for Lucifer and Hera-Ur (and Athena eventually) teams not just because of his ability but also because of his really good stats (for which you'll probably be boosting ATK anyway to upgrade his poison anyway). He also slots well into Egyptian teams--probably better than Hera-Is, due to his higher ATK.

The only catch is that, because he doesn't have Ultra Gravity, he is usually the first to be replaced by Amaterasu (because I don't have Ceres yet) on my Lucifer team when I really need to one-shot a boss.

Ashodin

4 runs, 2 Naga so far.

0 Skillups at next event, I bet, haha.

4v8isN6l.jpg

Oh Undine, you so crazy

Ducarmel

I took 2 shots at trying to get a Naga and because I panicked in the end I got killed both times. That's what I get for punching above my weight class I guess.

Just finished three runs for Naga, one on each difficulty. I managed to get a drop for 2/3. One on Expert and one on Novice. I want to get more but I have to manage my stamina today. I still need to grab some more ruby dragons.

Edit: Any idea on how often they do x2 skill up events?

Honestly, I've been doing 4/2/2 or 2/2/4. Charging skills and unleashing. The other option would be to bring Orochi or Echidna for that round. If that's the round that's fucking you, you may as well build around it.

Also, I hate how much HP Ardbeg has. It takes SO long to grind him down. It's not even hard, just annoying.
I feel like my HP and RCV are never an issue though, so 2/4/2 makes the most sense to try to kill the demon as fast as possible. But I had a board all blue and it only took him about halfway since there were no extra matches on the cascade. Orochi is a no go since its super hard to stall with with all the random drops (but not on the pyro demon where I need them of course). I think I'll try mono red and see how that goes.

I have a max level Ares if you need him. I have a slot open so if we aren't friends already, 368,246,208.

Flambe

Finally got mermaid to drop lol.

Sounds like I'm supposed to skill her up with Marine Goblins, is that before/after I evolve her into Siren?

Scratch

Finally got mermaid to drop lol.

Sounds like I'm supposed to skill her up with Marine Goblins, is that before/after I evolve her into Siren?

Whenever there's a 2x skill up event. Skill level carries over through evos as long as their skill remains the same. So sooner the better for siren!

I hate dub-mythlits... little suckers are major trolls in Hill of Iris. I had a run where three of them showed up, each round they were the last thing and no egg, and each round no drop.

almost as bad as Mystic Masks

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Just need to finish the fire conditional and I can try for those new stone dragons! At first I liked the conditionals, but then I realized they just boil down to "bring 4 attackers, 1 orb change, and 1 def break." Kind of lame.

Pacman2k

I hate dub-mythlits... little suckers are major trolls in Hill of Iris. I had a run where three of them showed up, each round they were the last thing and no egg, and each round no drop.

Speaking of, as a counter point, I had the best day ever for dub-myths yesterday.

2 iris runs total for the whole day, just to deplete some extra stamina, got a dub myth on both runs.

Obviously not the norm, but was happy about it. Heh.

I have better luck with those in Starlight Sanctuary (Minerva's stage, usually, but I've also seen them in Ceres's stage, and I assume the rates are the same).

Scratch

Hey guys. I've reached level 35 and I am quite stuck on Tower of Flare. Since I now have a good feeling of how to play the game and whatnot, I was wondering if you guys could take a look at my monster box and see if I should continue or reroll.

Here are my teams:

Up to you. I think just keep going until next godfest, and befriend some gaffers until then to see if that helps you clear some places. Then roll for that godfest and if you still don't like what you get, then you can reroll

Kunohara

Up to you. I think just keep going until next godfest, and befriend some gaffers until then to see if that helps you clear some places. Then roll for that godfest and if you still don't like what you get, then you can reroll

I have some of you on here, and I'm pretty sure your guys monsters are the only reason why I am where I am so far. You guys have some powerful monsters, heh.

It's hard for me to get stones now because I can't seem to clear any dungeons. I'm always reading about getting a good first monster to help with the later game and whatnot. I'm just wondering if mine (Apollo), is any good. From reading the OP, and seeing the tier list, I actually can't tell what you mean by how good Apollo is. It sounds like he is bad, but elsewhere I see that he is good.

Scratch

I started with the twins, and rerolled pretty aggressively for them (this is when I was under the impression that mono color teams were the shit), and they got me as far as sacred mt bakes or something. I was able to get extremely far with a max Evo siren the enchantress and a green Odin buddy...so maybe farm voice of the siren for one during the 1.5 drops if you don't wanna reroll. Either way, it's up to you. I have friends who didn't reroll and had worse starters than Apollo and they are doing alright now.

Don't be discouraged if Tower of Flare feels like a wall. It was that way for a lot of us, and it's pretty much considered by many the first real spike in game difficulty and the first time you'll need to start thinking about things like team compositions and leader skill combinations.

On the plus side, you may have noticed that you unlocked Technical Dungeons now. Play those for a bit, as the large difficulty gap between Castle of Satan and Tower of Flare is bridged by the first few technicals. In those, you'll also meet a new type of enemy: Pengdra. Those are very EXP-dense feeder materials if you level them to max and evolve them. Use those to get a boost, and come back to Tower of Flare when the technicals get too hard.

I was using healer and water teams to go through the echidna dungeon as fast as possible. I put Ares back up.
Thanks buddy. Time to try again.
I feel like my HP and RCV are never an issue though, so 2/4/2 makes the most sense to try to kill the demon as fast as possible. But I had a board all blue and it only took him about halfway since there were no extra matches on the cascade. Orochi is a no go since its super hard to stall with with all the random drops (but not on the pyro demon where I need them of course). I think I'll try mono red and see how that goes.

I have a max level Ares if you need him. I have a slot open so if we aren't friends already, 368,246,208.
I'll add you now.

Kunohara

Don't be discouraged if Tower of Flare feels like a wall. It was that way for a lot of us, and it's pretty much considered by many the first real spike in game difficulty and the first time you'll need to start thinking about things like team compositions and leader skill combinations.

On the plus side, you may have noticed that you unlocked Technical Dungeons now. Play those for a bit, as the large difficulty gap between Castle of Satan and Tower of Flare is bridged by the first few technicals. In those, you'll also meet a new type of enemy: Pengdra. Those are very EXP-dense feeder materials if you level them to max and evolve them. Use those to get a boost, and come back to Tower of Flare when the technicals get too hard.

I've actually done the first tech dungeon, but for some reason, it doesn't show any others. I did beat it. I've already maxed some Pengdra's and fed them. I've been reading up on the game, and have a good grasp on it.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I can't believe my box is full at 600 and I am having trouble managing it. I have SOOO many pengdras and dragons waiting to be evolved. I need dragon plants!

Limit

With Hera Ur as a leader I have been getting a ton more pal points compared to when I had Lucifer up as a leader for the last few months. Like 10 times more.

I've actually done the first tech dungeon, but for some reason, it doesn't show any others. I did beat it. I've already maxed some Pengdra's and fed them. I've been reading up on the game, and have a good grasp on it.

You sure you've cleared all of Fertile Land? Fortdragon of the Land has the CLEAR! text above it and everything?

Apollo's major flaws are that
- Light monsters and consequently a monolight team are a bitch to level up
- 2.25x teams are unsuitable for endgame in the current meta

We should be getting a method to skill Apollo up in about 1-3 months so I guess he has that going for him. Your other REM rolls are also pretty lackluster so you don't have much in the way of alternate teams yet, although you can tank your way through a lot of content with the Noel Dragon.

If you have the capability to back up you might want to save your current file somewhere and reroll during the next GodFest. And roll more on Godfest with your current account, of course. Since you're still early in the game and have a grasp on how the game plays you can catch back up super quickly. For example on my second account I passed Castle of Satan in an afternoon.

Kunohara

You sure you've cleared all of Fertile Land? Fortdragon of the Land has the CLEAR! text above it and everything?

Apollo's major flaws are that
- Light monsters and consequently a monolight team are a bitch to level up
- 2.25x teams are unsuitable for endgame in the current meta

We should be getting a method to skill Apollo up in about 1-3 months so I guess he has that going for him. Your other REM rolls are also pretty lackluster so you don't have much in the way of alternate teams yet, although you can tank your way through a lot of content with the Noel Dragon.

If you have the capability to back up you might want to save your current file somewhere and reroll during the next GodFest. And roll more on Godfest with your current account, of course. Since you're still early in the game and have a grasp on how the game plays you can catch back up super quickly. For example on my second account I passed Castle of Satan in an afternoon.

I just checked and I see the next tech dungeon now. I do have a way of backing up my account, so maybe I'll wait till next godfest and see what I get. This game is really addictive though, geez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom